Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1059606 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:40am On Mar 26, 2013
mercifull: @tzetzefly thank u very much.Please what is the meaning of DHS and SSN?So that means my husband has to be in d US when the child is born to sign the forms right?

DHS means Dept of Home Land Security
SSN means Social Security Number

Your husband can be in the States to sign when the time comes, if he can be issued entry visa for such purpose.

Remember you need to pay for the child birth which can run into thousands of dollars....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by mercifull(f): 12:47pm On Mar 26, 2013
;DThank you so much.God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 1:26am On Mar 27, 2013
Hello everyone...I have been following this forum for quite sometime now, im new here, I must say u guys are doing a great job , keep it up...please I need a reply on this;
I'm a young man of 31, married for 2 years now with a kid .. I work as a sales supervisor with a marketing company( distributor) to Nigeria brewery n Guinness ...monthly salary of N145k...I have been with this company for 6 years now, I intend traveling to US for tourism during my 2 weeks annual vacation without my wife n kid cos my wife recently got a job and can't get a vacation yet.., I have never travel to any country not even within Africa....my savings account balance is about N1.3m....I will be sending my application any moment from now n intend going by July first week and I will be sponsoring myself ....I will be going with this documents
-marriage cert.
-child's birth cert.
-my age declaration
-my bank statement( savings)
-hotel reservations(14 days) no relative there
But my major concern is that my company doesn't pay salary directly to our account, is being paid at the company by the accountant even my allowances, so I have been depositing to the account as self.
Again do I need a tax clearance cert.
please whats my chances of getting a US tourist visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 3:48am On Mar 27, 2013
Asorock 1: Hello everyone...I have been following this forum for quite sometime now, im new here, I must say u guys are doing a great job , keep it up...please I need a reply on this;
I'm a young man of 31, married for 2 years now with a kid .. I work as a sales supervisor with a marketing company( distributor) to Nigeria brewery n Guinness ...monthly salary of N145k...I have been with this company for 6 years now, I intend traveling to US for tourism during my 2 weeks annual vacation without my wife n kid cos my wife recently got a job and can't get a vacation yet.., I have never travel to any country not even within Africa....my savings account balance is about N1.3m....I will be sending my application any moment from now n intend going by July first week and I will be sponsoring myself ....I will be going with this documents
-marriage cert.
-child's birth cert.
-my age declaration
-my bank statement( savings)
-hotel reservations(14 days) no relative there
But my major concern is that my company doesn't pay salary directly to our account, is being paid at the company by the accountant even my allowances, so I have been depositing to the account as self.
Again do I need a tax clearance cert.
please whats my chances of getting a US tourist visa.
You might need to present proof of current income,tax payments,property ownership or assets,if the CO deems it fit.Your chances increase if you have a good bank account,if you are married,and also if you have assets.These are ties that bind you to your country of residence.And,considering that you are married,and boast of a decent account,you ve got a decent chance.Prior travel experience might be a potential banana peel though:Some CO'S place a premium on this,while others do not.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 9:47am On Mar 27, 2013
@Gbenga thanks so much for the reply...I still have some more concerns like I said my salary is not being paid into the account directly by the company, is been paid by the accountant in the company directly to us then we can go pay into our respective account, I heard that the statement of account must show income from a verifiable source, do u think this is going to pose any problem? Again is the bank statement of acc usually checked by the CO?
Is my monthly income good for a tourist
I don't have any asset but I have my personal car
Again I want to go to Abuja embassy rather than Lagos what's my chances there. I will be filling the ds form anytime this week ....Please advice thank u once again God bless
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shiba0147: 10:36am On Mar 27, 2013
Pls my fellow nairalanders,I indicated that my sister in u.s is sponsoring my trip in ds-160 form,pls what is my chance of getting the visa as I indicated that she is the one sponsoring my trip, or should I indicate that I am the one paying for my trip,pls what is the chance of getiing the visa if she is sponsoring my trip and I am the one sponsoring myself as I am going for her graduation,pls urgent answer my interview comes this week
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 11:51am On Mar 27, 2013
Asorock 1: @Gbenga thanks so much for the reply...I still have some more concerns like I said my salary is not being paid into the account directly by the company, is been paid by the accountant in the company directly to us then we can go pay into our respective account, I heard that the statement of account must show income from a verifiable source, do u think this is going to pose any problem? Again is the bank statement of acc usually checked by the CO?
Is my monthly income good for a tourist
I don't have any asset but I have my personal car
Again I want to go to Abuja embassy rather than Lagos what's my chances there. I will be filling the ds form anytime this week ....Please advice thank u once again God bless
Ok,you will have to tell the CO what you have stated here.No panicking.The CO's more frequently than not do not have the time to check loads of documents,but one needs to take them along,because he might just demand to see yours.JYour monthly income is decent enough for a tourist.All the Co wanna know is whether or not you have assets that are valuable enough to make you return to your country.He doesnt need to check documents to verify that.All you need to do is to sound very convincing at the interview.Ask yourself,if tables were turned and you are the CO.,would you believe your own story?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 12:25pm On Mar 27, 2013
@Gbenga thanks so much, I so much appreciate, please what about the place of interview, do u think the ABUJA consulate will give me a better chance than Lagos?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 1:10pm On Mar 27, 2013
Asorock 1: @Gbenga thanks so much, I so much appreciate, please what about the place of interview, do u think the ABUJA consulate will give me a better chance than Lagos?
Not necessarily.All CO's are trained the same way.The most important thing is to convince the CO that you will return to Nigeria after your visit, not your choice of consulate.The Abuja Embassy doesnt necessarily offer an advantage over the Lagos Consulate.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 1:18pm On Mar 27, 2013
shiba0147: Pls my fellow nairalanders,I indicated that my sister in u.s is sponsoring my trip in ds-160 form,pls what is my chance of getting the visa as I indicated that she is the one sponsoring my trip, or should I indicate that I am the one paying for my trip,pls what is the chance of getiing the visa if she is sponsoring my trip and I am the one sponsoring myself as I am going for her graduation,pls urgent answer my interview comes this week
Whether or not your sister sponsors your trip or not,it is your ties to Nigeria that really do matter.The Consular Officer will look at your prospects in Nigeria and try to figure whether or not they look promising.Now,do you think you have any strong ties to Nigeria?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shiba0147: 3:08pm On Mar 27, 2013
Sir Gbenge thank you so much,pls I want to know the strong ties I should have down here in nigeria
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shiba0147: 3:17pm On Mar 27, 2013
Sir Gbenge,and I also taught that when some @ u.s sponsoring your trip, that the C.0 will take it that you are Not coming back to nigeria
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 4:51pm On Mar 27, 2013
shiba0147: Sir Gbenge,and I also taught that when some @ u.s sponsoring your trip, that the C.0 will take it that you are Not coming back to nigeria
Of course having a relative in the US could raise suspicions in the mind of the Co ,but you could counter that by proving your ties to Nigeria.A good job,a fat bank account,marriage,landed properties etc are generally considered strong ties.Now,which of these do you have?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Funlady412(f): 6:23am On Mar 28, 2013
I am not married though v got engaged,and v got some pix to back dat up,with my wedding invitation for august,v got a good job,got 2 plots of land,got about 2.3m.got a car.whats my chance with dat?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 7:33am On Mar 28, 2013
Funlady412: I am not married though v got engaged,and v got some pix to back dat up,with my wedding invitation for august,v got a good job,got 2 plots of land,got about 2.3m.got a car.whats my chance with dat?
Strong ties,good chance.But crucially,you have to answer the CO's question in a convincing manner.x
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 7:33am On Mar 28, 2013
Funlady412: I am not married though v got engaged,and v got some pix to back dat up,with my wedding invitation for august,v got a good job,got 2 plots of land,got about 2.3m.got a car.whats my chance with dat?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:39am On Mar 28, 2013

Your 2.3m in that bank a/c, must have a verifyable source of income.

Since you've got landed properties in your name, it is a good development. Remember it must be documented with either a Certificate of Occupancy (Cof O) or Right of Occupancy (R of o). This is the only format acceptable in the embassy.

And since you're already engaged with pics and have your wedding invitation for August, go along with all these documents for your interview to present them to the CO if asked....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Funlady412(f): 7:55am On Mar 28, 2013
The source is not questionable,i worked with Nigerian Breweries and also have a home of fashion,
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:59am On Mar 28, 2013
Funlady412: The source is not questionable,i worked with Nigerian Breweries and also have a home of fashion,

NBplc ok...
What do you mean by home of fashion?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Copiousworld: 8:17am On Mar 28, 2013

Where is your interview going to be? These Consulates barely have time for documents, your DS-160 will say it all if you qualify for a visa or not, documents might only be for confirmation..Sorry but if you are not married and never traveled out of the country then you probably have plenty of work to do. Appearance and your first 10secs with the Consulate matters a lot.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Funlady412(f): 8:31am On Mar 28, 2013
My interview scheduled at Abuja
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Copiousworld: 8:47am On Mar 28, 2013
Funlady412: My interview scheduled at Abuja

Abuja is a good take.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by walmart: 3:21pm On Mar 29, 2013
I mistakenly filled my annual income instead of monthly in the ds-160 form. I realized it after I had submitted my form and was filling my husband's form. Please what should I do? I have not booked our appointment date yet.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 4:19pm On Mar 29, 2013
walmart: I mistakenly filled my annual income instead of monthly in the ds-160 form. I realized it after I had submitted my form and was filling my husband's form. Please what should I do? I have not booked our appointment date yet.

Fill another form....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phemobay: 4:32pm On Mar 29, 2013
@ WALMART, JUST FILL ANOTHER ONE AND GO AHEAD... EVEN IF U AV BOOKED UR APPOINTMENT U CAN STILL CANCEL AND RESCHELDULE IT WITH ANOTHER DS 160
ALL THE BEST

walmart: I mistakenly filled my annual income instead of monthly in the ds-160 form. I realized it after I had submitted my form and was filling my husband's form. Please what should I do? I have not booked our appointment date yet.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Fashionista: 12:39am On Mar 30, 2013
PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello, Please this issue is really giving me concern, I applied for a USA visiting Visa and my interview is coming soon, My fiance Filled the form for me actually and he asked me to tell him where I have worked before which I did without knowing its my current working place they asked for... Now I need a letter to back that but I can't that.
2. I am still Doing my NYSC and I planned on getting an exemption letter for A month but I don't know if they give Visa to Corps members while they are serving.
3. What if I present a letter that shows I'm no longer working with those people, will that help?
4. What are the basic documents I need to take along before going for the interview because its my first time.
5. Or after I have gotten my appointment date can I still modify my data?

I'm so confused right now.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Waleabimbola(m): 6:39am On Mar 30, 2013
Fashionista: PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello, Please this issue is really giving me concern, I applied for a USA visiting Visa and my interview is coming soon, My fiance Filled the form for me actually and he asked me to tell him where I have worked before which I did without knowing its my current working place they asked for... Now I need a letter to back that but I can't that.
2. I am still Doing my NYSC and I planned on getting an exemption letter for A month but I don't know if they give Visa to Corps members while they are serving.
3. What if I present a letter that shows I'm no longer working with those people, will that help?
4. What are the basic documents I need to take along before going for the interview because its my first time.
5. Or after I have gotten my appointment date can I still modify my data?

I'm so confused right now.

You can fill another DS-160 form and possibly make another appointment
Re: Usa Visit Visa by walmart: 11:25am On Mar 30, 2013
@tzetzefly and @phemobay, thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by festin: 3:35am On Mar 31, 2013
Had my interview few days ago as a first timer:
CO: can I av ur application pls?
Me: sure(handed it over to her)
CO: why r u going to d US?
Me: sightseeing & holidaying
CO: where in the US?
Me: told her
CO: why there?
Me: told her(mentioned few attractions to back my reasons)
CO: what do u do?
Me: I'm a statistic manager
CO: where do u work?
CO: how long have you been working there?
Me: three years
CO: are you married?
Me: yes
CO: where's your wife now?
Me: in Turkey
CO: do you have kids?
CO: how old?
Me: 3
CO: where's ur child now?
Me: with his mother in Turkey
She got busy with her computer for some secs and then said..."I'm sorry to disappoint you blah blah" there she refused and no document asked and no question like how long u gonna stay? Where r u going to stay? How much do u earn monthly? Who's sponsoring u? For her to denied me visa. My wife is Turkish, av a good travel history. I had with me every necessary doc(wife n kid passport copies, kid birth cert, my bank statement, intro letter from my place of work, work ID card wit a copy, C of O, hotel n flight reservation plus a confirmed city pass dat list every attractions I wud be visiting, marriage cert wit pics n some fam pics). It's my very first US visa interview and never been to the US before. Wat cud possibly be wrong abi she expected me to give doc to her without her asking for it? Wat I av to do if am gonna apply before July cos my annual leave starting July?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:00am On Mar 31, 2013
festin: Had my interview few days ago as a first timer:
CO: can I av ur application pls?
Me: sure(handed it over to her)
CO: why r u going to d US?
Me: sightseeing & holidaying
CO: where in the US?
CO: why there?
Me: told her(mentioned few attractions to back my reasons)
CO: what do u do?
Me: I'm a statistic manager
CO: where do u work?
CO: how long have you been working there?
Me: three years
CO: are you married?
CO: where's your wife now?
Me: in Turkey
CO: do you have kids?
CO: how old?
Me: 3
CO: where's ur child now?
Me: with his mother in Turkey
She got busy with her computer for some secs and then said..."I'm sorry to disappoint you blah blah" there she refused and no document asked and no question like how long u gonna stay? Where r u going to stay? How much do u earn monthly? Who's sponsoring u? For her to denied me visa. My wife is Turkish, av a good travel history. I had with me every necessary doc(wife n kid passport copies, kid birth cert, my bank statement, intro letter from my place of work, work ID card wit a copy, C of O, hotel n flight reservation plus a confirmed city pass dat list every attractions I wud be visiting, marriage cert wit pics n some fam pics). It's my very first US visa interview and never been to the US before. Wat cud possibly be wrong abi she expected me to give doc to her without her asking for it? Wat I av to do if am gonna apply before July cos my annual leave starting July?

Do not apply until your next annual leave which should be next year 2014. You can go on vacation someplace else preferably Turkey ( to see your wife and kid this will be on record for your next application to the US ).

When applying to US again, state Turkey as your last travel history and emphasis that you went visiting your family there. The CO will confirm it on your passport knowing fully well you applied to go to the States and got denied.

The reasons for your denial were:

1. Lack of adequate social tie (Your wife and kid not in Nigeria )

2. You were seen to be a flight risk. Mind you people with very good paying jobs, have left and relocated to the States.

3. Your marriage was doubtful in the eyes of the CO. She expected your wife to be resident in Nigeria at the time of applying to travel to the States, or that you go pay her a visit in Turkey during your proposed annual leave but you did neither.

To the Americans, family is very important. You did not prove that your family meant alot to you.....

3 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 31, 2013
Hi all I have a question,my inlaw works for haliburton in qatar and recently arranged for a visa for his wife,daughter and sis. He is inviting me over to come to qatar with my wife cause he wants to sPonsor me and my wife to America(honeymoon) as his contribution. I dnt have a job now but do supplies with various companies
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:21pm On Mar 31, 2013
obakovich: Hi all I have a question,my inlaw works for haliburton in qatar and recently arranged for a visa for his wife,daughter and sis. He is inviting me over to come to qatar with my wife cause he wants to sPonsor me and my wife to America(honeymoon) as his contribution. I dnt have a job now but do supplies with various companies

What is now your question..? Also take note that you cannot apply to go to the States from Qatar. You do not have a residence permit there. Neither can you apply from Nigeria as you do not have a job.

For your Qatar Visa enquiries, enter here:

www.nairaland.com/1190697/qatar-uae-general-visa-enquiries

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.