Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,819 members, 7,862,711 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:48 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1064518 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by lilbro(m): 12:53pm On Aug 02, 2013
@tsetsefly and all gurus in this forum thank u for all ur advice. My interview was yesterday with my family and it turned out successful.

Vo- what part of the us r u going to
Me- california
Vo- how long r u staying
Me- 10days
Vo- what other countrys ve u travelled to
Me- u.k and ghana countless times
Vo- What is ur monthly income
Me- told him above 1m
Vo- whats ur occupation
Me- oil n gas engineer
Vo- asked my wife her occupation and my wife told her full time house wife.
Vo- pick up ur visa tue at V.I and handed over the address at muri oknola.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 1:42pm On Aug 02, 2013
@ asorock, apply for d schengen visa anyways. The delay in visa procurement is due to demand for summer vacation visas that is why it's taking so long otherwise the normal wait time for french schengen visa is 10 days after finger-printing.
For 1st time schegen visas, your visa covers your travel dates only give or take a few days eg you apply for 5 days schengen you get 1 wk or if you're lucky then you get 2wks. And they can post date it to your intended date of travel. Eg you apply to travel in august against Nov 1 you may get ur visa anytime b4 then but the start date of d visa will be Nov 1 - Nov 10 2013.
Now based on this info, you may or maynot be able to tie your France trip to your US trip @ Christmas.
So you either book for your US visa interview AFTER your return trip from France, or apply for your interview for anytime in November knowing the visa would be in d passport even if you haven't travelled yet. I hope this helps.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 2:14pm On Aug 02, 2013
blawi1: @ asorock, apply for d schengen visa anyways. The delay in visa procurement is due to demand for summer vacation visas that is why it's taking so long otherwise the normal wait time for french schengen visa is 10 days after finger-printing.
For 1st time schegen visas, your visa covers your travel dates only give or take a few days eg you apply for 5 days schengen you get 1 wk or if you're lucky then you get 2wks. And they can post date it to your intended date of travel. Eg you apply to travel in august against Nov 1 you may get ur visa anytime b4 then but the start date of d visa will be Nov 1 - Nov 10 2013.
Now based on this info, you may or maynot be able to tie your France trip to your US trip @ Christmas.
So you either book for your US visa interview AFTER your return trip from France, or apply for your interview for anytime in November knowing the visa would be in d passport even if you haven't travelled yet. I hope this helps.

Thanks so much blawi 1 for this wonderful advice , God bless you.
Now if I happen to have the Shengen visa on my passport while applying for US visa, do you think this will help boost my chance to get the US visa with Dubai and Ghana trip each once. Like I said my application was rejected early June cos of virgin passport.
Secondly, I can't travel to France by November then return to immediately apply for US visa same November against Christmas holiday, don't you think that the VO might see it as lack of family ties and as I'm married with a kid, furthermore is there possibility of applying for the france visa by first week of September to tie both US and Paris Christmas As the vsf site says not to apply more than 3 months to travel date

Please your urgent reply is needed.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 5:11pm On Aug 02, 2013
I did exactly what you did, travelled to Paris Oct/Nov for 10days and my US visa appointment was Nov 29th. My intended US trip was for December. I simply attended my interview and the VO asked you intend to travel in 2wks? I just said yes rather than give him a long explanation that the 2 trips were too close and I was gonna travel much later. I eventually didn't go to the US till 5 mths after. It's not his business what you went to Europe for afterall it could have been a business trip. His concern is that You'd visit the US and return to Naija.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 5:16pm On Aug 02, 2013
By October all the summer vacations demands of d embassies would be over so you could get your schengen visa within 10 days. But remember unless you wanna apply for d US visa independent of d schengen, the timing may not work for you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 5:44pm On Aug 02, 2013
blawi1: By October all the summer vacations demands of d embassies would be over so you could get your schengen visa within 10 days. But remember unless you wanna apply for d US visa independent of d schengen, the timing may not work for you.

Thanks so much blawi, I don't know how best to thank you, really helped....I will go ahead to fix my Paris trip by the end of October then still try have an interview maybe first week of December at US embassy for Christmas holiday.

Please if I may ask, why you didn't travel to US until 5 moths later if its personal you don't need to answer

God bless you sir
Re: Usa Visit Visa by coobboy(m): 6:57pm On Aug 02, 2013
ogakpatakpata: Expect a minimum of 2yrs........
Thanks just as u said 2013 to 2015 wow ... i and ny mum both got it this morning from dhl isolo God bless y'all tho the info really helped dont argue with ur partner oh always smile and look the vo directly in the face ...and push the recommended papers or doc to the vo.look like ur not interested to stay in their country confidence and faith does it all
After exams Yankee here i come

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:29pm On Aug 02, 2013
bugflector: GREAT FAVOR NEEDED HERE.
I got denied Student Visa March/April 2011 and I would love to apply for Visiting Visa Probably Next year 2014, A friend of mine is inviting me over. Now my questions. :-)
Do you think its advisable to apply for Visiting Visa Via my Friend?
I keep hearing stuffs like I might get denied again because I was denied with Student visa, Now I went to get someone to Invite me over, What does the Nairalander thinks?
Please I need genuine answers and advice here.
Thank You.
Thanks.

Your previous student visa refusal will not count against your current application except you applied previously with a false document(s).

If you intend to apply with an IV from your friend, it's best you are very sure of your friend's situation and circumstance in the States.

Better for you to apply for accomodation using a hotel booking to save yourself from unnecessary blunders.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:34pm On Aug 02, 2013
@lilbro,
Have a nice trip.... wink
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shessyfavour: 7:45pm On Aug 02, 2013
tzetzefly, please address my post now..Thanks a bunch
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 7:47pm On Aug 02, 2013
blawi is a girl o.
i simply changed my mind. with the visa in hand i was relaxed and simply deferred till my next year's leave.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:59pm On Aug 02, 2013
shessyfavour: Hello Tzetze fly and the gurus in the aos i would like to have on your say on my issues as i am an interview coming up in Lag pretty soon.. Firstly i applied for a student visa in Feb 12 wasn't lucky and in Dec 12 i applied for business conf wasn't lucky again but in both application only the purpose of visit is different and marital status as i was single when i went in Feb, Now, i am invited to attend a national convention by an organisation in which i am a member , so ll like to hear your views as per what my chances are hope previous applications wont affect this one? I own my business( Dealing with electrical fittings and accessories) Monthly income 300k, i have been to UK twice in 2011 and in April this year i spent 6 days vacation in South Africa and i am married with a baby girl.

Also i would like to know the best way to answer when the VO ask how much do you make per month as you know that for a business man monthly income is varied so i was thinking of saying this " As an entrepreneur the income varies from month to month but according to my Audited and financial report for the year 2012 i made a net profit of 3.8m so it was that statistics used to determine the 300k monthly income which was put down in the form" I hope this response is okay i just don't want to say a figure so he wouldn't get impression that i just put any figure there..

Thanks so much in advance.

You need to have a consistent purpose to visit the States that was the reason for the initial denial in 2012. And you did not prove your job ties to the country at the time.

You claimed to run a business of your own, but when you go for studies in the States, you never stated how you were to run this business after your departure?

This affected your second application for conference. As the CO was unsure if your purpose was as claimed.

However you need beyond luck this time around, because your job is where you need to convince the CO about your ties to Nigeria.

And for your income assessment, you should base your reply on a yearly income from your business after tax.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shessyfavour: 8:08pm On Aug 02, 2013
Thanks a lot tzetzefly , how do i convince the VO about my Job now? this is a well established business with a reasonable income and did you say that response to how much do you make per month is okay?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:59pm On Aug 02, 2013
shessyfavour: Thanks a lot tzetzefly , how do i convince the VO about my Job now? this is a well established business with a reasonable income and did you say that response to how much do you make per month is okay?

Since your business is well established as stated, it takes little to convince the CO. And for your income, you can as well tell the CO what you make annually after tax. Tentative monthly figures are unacceptable.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shessyfavour: 10:00pm On Aug 02, 2013
Thank you!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by OOT1: 1:01am On Aug 03, 2013
Hello Gents,

I just need advise on what my chances are in getting a US visit visa (tourist) in Oct. 2013. I am 39 years and am single Nigerian male, work with an oil n gas coy in Naija here and I have travelled to France, UK, Netherlands, France and Canada within the last 4 years. The Canada trip was in July this year. All the trips were on vacation except my first france trip.

My coy. pays for my annual vacation and I earn about 340K Naira/Month, I was refused Canada visa in March this year due to the fact that I left out the reason for my trip but I re-applied and the visa was issued but my challenge is that when I was refused the Canada visa, I paid for the US tourist visa form and filled the form on-line but didn't submit it because when I was filling the form I got to a point where I was asked if I had been refused any visa within the last 1 year and I thought my Canada rejection will be a lowlight so I stopped before I re-applied for the Canada visa and luckily I was given.

if I now complete my US visa form again for October and re-apply, can it have any negative consequence on the outcome? I just sincerely want to visit the US and return back to my work. Urgent response required.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:26am On Aug 03, 2013
OOT1: Hello Gents,

I just need advise on what my chances are in getting a US visit visa (tourist) in Oct. 2013. I am 39 years and am single Nigerian male, work with an oil n gas coy in Naija here and I have travelled to France, UK, Netherlands, France and Canada within the last 4 years. The Canada trip was in July this year. All the trips were on vacation except my first france trip.

My coy. pays for my annual vacation and I earn about 340K Naira/Month, I was refused Canada visa in March this year due to the fact that I left out the reason for my trip but I re-applied and the visa was issued but my challenge is that when I was refused the Canada visa, I paid for the US tourist visa form and filled the form on-line but didn't submit it because when I was filling the form I got to a point where I was asked if I had been refused any visa within the last 1 year and I thought my Canada rejection will be a lowlight so I stopped before I re-applied for the Canada visa and luckily I was given.

if I now complete my US visa form again for October and re-apply, can it have any negative consequence on the outcome? I just sincerely want to visit the US and return back to my work. Urgent response required.

You can apply for the US tourist visa. There's no problem at all.....

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 03, 2013
congrats !!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
coobboy:
Thanks just as u said 2013 to 2015 wow ... i and ny mum both got it this morning from dhl isolo God bless y'all tho the info really helped dont argue with ur partner oh always smile and look the vo directly in the face ...and push the recommended papers or doc to the vo.look like ur not interested to stay in their country confidence and faith does it all
After exams Yankee here i come
Re: Usa Visit Visa by chididarling(m): 7:03pm On Aug 03, 2013
PLS I need your advice. An equipment saling company well known in USA have a business with my company in saling of used crane and I being inviting me for 10 days and am going on behalf my company that am going to represent them as a mobile crane operator to operate the crane test run it before give out information to my company so will gonna buy the crane I have not traveled before but I have a mexico visa in my passport and never traveled will they give me visa or denied me for not and my company is a contractor to con oil company and my income is k350 monthly my company is my sponsor what else do I need to get the visa
Re: Usa Visit Visa by influential01: 4:24pm On Aug 04, 2013
hi nairalanders, i need someone share me his or her experience on this issue?
My uncle was gving 2yrs US visa last year may through his company sent him and his 3 other colleagues at work for seminar in texas.
They spent 2wks in US and return back to work.
his visa ll expire in 2014, now he is interested to spend his 2013 annual leave in US .
Does he need to visit the embassy again?
Wht document does he need to take the embassy again?
Pls i need ur talks on this
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 04, 2013
l don't think so,since his visa is still valid, he can use it to travel!!
influential01: hi nairalanders, i need someone share me his or her experience on this issue?
My uncle was gving 2yrs US visa last year may through his company sent him and his 3 other colleagues at work for seminar in texas.
They spent 2wks in US and return back to work.
his visa ll expire in 2014, now he is interested to spend his 2013 annual leave in US .
Does he need to visit the embassy again?
Wht document does he need to take the embassy again?
Pls i need ur talks on this
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 04, 2013
Hi house, want to buy some drilling equipments with an American company abt $5mill. Will I be granted visa?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:59pm On Aug 04, 2013
obakovich: Hi house, want to buy some drilling equipments with an American company abt $5mill. Will I be granted visa?

You will not be granted visa if you want to do the export yourself. Tell the American company to ship the equipments to Nigeria on your behalf.

You can visit the States to assess the items you intend to purchase into Nigeria for their authentication, before being exported by your US contact (You need a B-1 visa i.e.[negotiating a contract], for this venture).

Enjoy.......
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 05, 2013
tzetzefly:

You will not be granted visa if you want to do the export yourself. Tell the American company to ship the equipments to Nigeria on your behalf.

You can visit the States to assess the items you intend to purchase into Nigeria for their authentication, before being exported by your US contact (You need a B-1 visa i.e.[negotiating a contract], for this venture).
Enjoy.......
Tzetze, how do I go abt it? Do I make an enquiry from d company to inspect d said items. Found out d cost of the equipments is slightly above $1mill each.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by favoredgal: 11:53am On Aug 05, 2013
should we make photocopies of our document or go with only the originals for US embassy interview?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 05, 2013
Both, you never can tell, although, they rarely check documents,but,it is advisable to go with your originals,in case they want to see.....goodluck
favored gal: should we make photocopies of our document or go with only the originals for US embassy interview?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by favoredgal: 12:22pm On Aug 05, 2013
thanks but do they collect a copy of these documents? cuz that is the purpose of a photocopy
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 05, 2013
They rarely collect any document from you except maybe in exceptional cases and they want to subject you for adminstrative hearing, at the visa counter they may request to see any document maybe bank statement and they will give it back to you,they barely have all the time to waste scrutinizing your documents, remember they are pressed for time, most interviews last between 3 to 5mins......and the first 2mins is very crucial for you, your behaviour or the way you comport your self or answer their questions will lead to further questions.......goodluck,relax and you will be fine smiley smiley
favored gal: thanks but do they collect a copy of these documents? cuz that is the purpose of a photocopy
Re: Usa Visit Visa by favoredgal: 12:53pm On Aug 05, 2013
ok thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 05, 2013
You are welcome....enjoy your week
favored gal: ok thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kellyemms: 2:17pm On Aug 05, 2013
Is it possible for someone to stay bck and work in usa thru visit visa
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 05, 2013
Difficult to work with a visit visa because you wont have ssn to work and other necessary documents that will permit you to work legally in the US, and with the way things are now in the US, it might be a herculean task for you,except you want to work under the table and be subjected to unfair labour practices by your employer.......not a good path to thread,but,the choice is yours.....
kellyemms: Is it possible for someone to stay bck and work in usa thru visit visa

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (323)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.