Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,531 members, 7,850,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:34 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1063629 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by opsy4real1: 6:45pm On Aug 17, 2013
hahahahahaha. I cant laugh!
dream23: now my cousin just got a visa to united states to attend a conference ...he later decided not to go since the agent that helped him book the conference is demanding N500000....he says he will call immigration at the usa border that if he gets to JFK they should deport him since he is no longer attending the coference.

1.he got a five year multiple visa....so if he decides to one day visit will they deport him.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 17, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin
obakovich:
This guy na runnaway una dey laff.ur too desprate and I know there wnt gve u.
(1)Ur Desprate and ur lies dnt add up,nw nw ur papa na em get company and u don marry. They will twist ur marriage question and u go fk up
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 17, 2013
500,000naira, just to book a conference something is not adding up here!!
dream23: now my cousin just got a visa to united states to attend a conference ...he later decided not to go since the agent that helped him book the conference is demanding N500000....he says he will call immigration at the usa border that if he gets to JFK they should deport him since he is no longer attending the coference.

1.he got a five year multiple visa....so if he decides to one day visit will they deport him.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 7:00pm On Aug 17, 2013
chidi darling: Pls I need yur help should I say my dad own the company or should I go get a letter frm immigration stating that is a misstake with my age that they are sorry

chidi darling: am confident with the question i have bring up my answer in this what is the purpose of yur vist where u going how many areyou in yur company why did yur company choose u and what is yur income how long are u gonna be there. What is yur client name. What is yur inempolyer name what does yur company do how long have u work with this company. And u married and I have my cut marrige certificate. I can give this answer 100 percent cident. Cause I have being doing it in the mirror so. If as what is yur designation what did they mean is it what is yur role as a crane operator and give me a good answer with why did u not traveled with your mexico visa bro am help u guys doing grate job thanks

You are not a genuine visa applicant, keep practicing these lies, it will all fall apart when you face the VO.

Let me just remind you that any question from you again will be deleted.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by dream23: 7:10pm On Aug 17, 2013
opsy4real1: hahahahahaha. I cant laugh!
y u laughing??this is a serious issue
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dream23: 7:12pm On Aug 17, 2013
ogakpatakpata: 500,000naira, just to book a conference something is not adding up here!!
something really is stupi here...my cousin is too relaxed and soft..anyways I told him I would post it here so any advice welcom
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 17, 2013
are you sure you are not the one? because going through your previous post, you talked about your cousin,in another post you said your brother , another post you said you are 23 and you are travelling with your wife, so which one do we believe? .......
dream23: something really is stupi here...my cousin is too relaxed and soft..anyways I told him I would post it here so any advice welcom
Re: Usa Visit Visa by topaztee: 7:32pm On Aug 17, 2013
Pls house how much is the visa fee in naira I want to pay online.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by mokeju(f): 7:38pm On Aug 17, 2013
Hello NLs,
I really appreciate this thread; its been very helpful.
I'll like to ask a few questions as regards my experience/plan.
Last year I applied for US B1/B2 visa and was scheduled to attend interview in January 2013. I actually made a mistake in my application by selecting 3months instead of 3weeks. I realised this after I had submitted and couldn't make corrections. (The application was to secure visa so I could go give birth sometime in may2013). By dec 2013 I lost my pregnancy n still went ahead for the interview in jan.
The vo asked if it was my first time of travelling n I said no that have been to the UK n Switzerland. Asked how long I was going for and I said 3weeks (I was expecting him to say but u wrote 3months so I could explain myself). Also asked about my job and I answered well.i think he also asked about giving birth n I said no since I was no longer pregnant. I wasn't given the visa and was not told the reason
Why I was denied. So the issue now is I am about 4months gone and want to apply again for visa so I can go give birth next year. Am so scared of going back because I do not know what to expect.
1. My passport is expiring next year june. Am thinking of going for another one with my married name . Do u think this will affect my chances of getting the visa.
2. Am also thiking of applying with my husband- will this increase
our chances?
3. Also if one is going for birthing does one really need an invitation letter? Or do I just request fot a letter from my family saying they are willing to accomodate me or something since am not going for holiday?
4. Also am planning to go sometime in October or early november so I could save more money should incase am asked about my finances. Is it a wise decision going to d embassy at 6-7 months of pregnancy?
I'll appreciate ur honest and kind responses.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Step84(m): 10:54pm On Aug 17, 2013
favored gal:

You have been given sound advice on your thread 'how long does it take to get a job in the usa'...nothing here can top that....so good luck with whatever decision you make

Thanks! but you had better learn how to mind your own business if you don't have any resonable info to offer ok?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by favoredgal: 11:18pm On Aug 17, 2013
Step84:

Thanks! but you had better learn how to mind your own business if you don't have any resonable info to offer ok?

Na u sabi o! Im not joining issues with a potential illegal immigrant abeg

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:18am On Aug 18, 2013
topaztee: Pls house how much is the visa fee in naira I want to pay online.

#26,400
Re: Usa Visit Visa by umunnatim(m): 12:07pm On Aug 18, 2013
Una Good Morning Sabi people,I need only reasonable answers,i want to enter USA with the aid of my girl friend who is a citizen,she has been in Nigeria and stayed a month,we re contemplating on if just sending an invitation or coming here to get married before i apply for visa,which of the 2 Options is Better..INVITATION OR MARRIAGE HERE...WHAT RE THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS I NEED TO APPLY..HOW MUCH DO I NEED TO HAVE IN MY BANK ACCOUNTANSWERS PLS!!!!GOD BLESS UNA!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 18, 2013
Hello guys. I'm grateful to have stumbled on this thread and would be grateful if some gurus could chip in on my case. I'm a student in the UK and plan to visit the US for my friend's graduation in December. First of all, he's a family friend and not a relative. Will this be a problem? And if it won't what do i need from him apart from letter of invitation; that's assuming i would need that. Would i need to show proof of where i would stay when i'm there? How much should i have in my bank statement? I can get supporting documents from my uni so that shouldn't be a problem. I've been denied for a US visa before though for F-1 and to be honest, i'm wary of applying again even though I've been to 3 European countries since then.

I would like to know what my chances are. Especially as i'll be applying in London and not sure what to expect. What would i need to strengthen my application? I plan to be in the States in December, when would be ideal to apply? I would have sworn i had lots of meaningful questions when i started this post cheesy Please humor me and answer the few questions i posted. Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 4:20pm On Aug 18, 2013
@ummunatim, d question is do you wanna visit and return? if yes then fill in your info on d ds160 form as honestly as possible. Take note though that disclosing u have an american citizen girlfriend is a red flag. the form asks what relatives you have in the U.S. including parents, siblings and fiancee. Since she's your girlfriend I'd advice ti stick to the category of "Friend" when describing her during your interview. Remember for a visiting visa the onus is on you to convince them that you ARE returning to Nigeria not that you want to stay behind.

If you want to relocate immediately then you should consider the Fiance Visa or get married in Nigeria and she files for you on her return to the U.S. and either process takes an average of 3-6 mths for a fiancee visa, 6-10mths for immigrant visa for a spouse.

Oh and they rarely check documents for visiting visas so it's what you put in on the visa form they judge you by as well as your answers during the interview.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by israel007: 6:37pm On Aug 18, 2013
chidi darling: am confident with the question i have bring up my answer in this what is the purpose of yur vist where u going how many areyou in yur company why did yur company choose u and what is yur income how long are u gonna be there. What is yur client name. What is yur inempolyer name what does yur company do how long have u work with this company. And u married and I have my cut marrige certificate. I can give this answer 100 percent cident. Cause I have being doing it in the mirror so. If as what is yur designation what did they mean is it what is yur role as a crane operator and give me a good answer with why did u not traveled with your mexico visa bro am help u guys doing grate job thanks

You are up to something sinister. Trust me you won't like the outcome.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 18, 2013
chidi darling: Good evening my lovely. Bro and sis I wanna ask the question I need an answer if the VO as why did u not traveled with your mexico visa my answer is this. I was plaining going for a tour with my lovely wife but at That time the company has a lot of contract so I could not be able to leave the country and is a painful thing that I lost my dad too and as the custom and tradition demands in african nigeria to be specific that the first son of the family is suppose to partake in the buried arrangement of the family and also have the heart to console his family. Pls is this a good answer

Tell them you'd like to speak in Ibo language.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 18, 2013
@ferdimako.........hahahahhahaha.......the CO's don't understand Ibo Language, are you kidding me, your comments make me laugh so much that l almost fell from my chair.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
ferdimako:

Tell them you'd like to speak in Ibo language.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Step84(m): 7:56pm On Aug 18, 2013
favored gal:

Na u sabi o! Im not joining issues with a potential illegal immigrant abeg
In your own opinion you tagged me a potential illegal immigrant! Thanks God bless you. But I promise, you will read my testimony here by God's grace! grin grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by umunnatim(m): 10:22pm On Aug 18, 2013
@ blawil,thanks very much,she is my Fiancee,i want to go and stay not to return what do i do and what do you think is the best way i can go about it.thanks for your time.

blawi1: @ummunatim, d question is do you wanna visit and return? if yes then fill in your info on d ds160 form as honestly as possible. Take note though that disclosing u have an american citizen girlfriend is a red flag. the form asks what relatives you have in the U.S. including parents, siblings and fiancee. Since she's your girlfriend I'd advice ti stick to the category of "Friend" when describing her during your interview. Remember for a visiting visa the onus is on you to convince them that you ARE returning to Nigeria not that you want to stay behind.

If you want to relocate immediately then you should consider the Fiance Visa or get married in Nigeria and she files for you on her return to the U.S. and either process takes an average of 3-6 mths for a fiancee visa, 6-10mths for immigrant visa for a spouse.

Oh and they rarely check documents for visiting visas so it's what you put in on the visa form they judge you by as well as your answers during the interview.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 12:26am On Aug 19, 2013
@ ummunatim I advice you do an extensive research on the available options : tourist/fiancee/spousal visa each has it's pros and cons. You know your personal circumstances best and you and your fiancee should make the decision together. The fiancee/spousal cost a whole lot more money than the tourist visa so you could give that a shot and hope for the best.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by influential01: 4:51am On Aug 19, 2013
hi nairalanders, my friends got a visa to attend a conference in chicago.
The question is can he buy a flight ticket to new york instead of going to chicago for the conference.
He dont want to attend the conference so can he buy new york flight ticket so that he ll fashy the conference in chicago. Pls urgent advice pls.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by israel007: 8:25am On Aug 19, 2013
influential01: hi nairalanders, my friends got a visa to attend a conference in chicago.
The question is can he buy a flight ticket to new york instead of going to chicago for the conference.
He dont want to attend the conference so can he buy new york flight ticket so that he ll fashy the conference in chicago. Pls urgent advice pls.

You have asked this question before and someone answered you. Go back and read previous pages.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by influential01: 9:04am On Aug 19, 2013
israel007:

You have asked this question before and someone answered you. Go back and read previous pages.

i knw bt then he said he ll firstly attend the conference in chicago b4 he move to new york.
Now he is asking if he can buy flight new york flight ticket straight without going to chicago for the conference.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by wehla(m): 10:07am On Aug 19, 2013
@justwise, blawi1, suxes. I really appreciate ur effort on this thread. I need ur advice on what next to do after my second visa rejection, my interview last week goes thus : VO - why are you going to d US.
Me - for visit, tourism and shopping.
VO - where will u stay in US?
Me - with my friend in 30, addicks road, Houston, Texas
VO - what do u do?
Me - I operate two company, a Travel agency and a transport company.
VO - how long is your stay in d US?
Me - 2 weeks ( I later remember I fill 3 weeks in the ds-160 form online).
VO - How much is your monthly income.
Me - #250,000.
VO - sorry, ur visa is not granted.
I tried to ask why since d reasons in d rejection paper are what I possess(I have my own property, my family and verifiable business. All d documents are with me)
Pls, this is my second visa rejection in a month and I want to apply again next year, what do I need to do, what should I correct. My friend who invited me is a US citizen since 2003 and he really want me to visit him. What are my chances next year? Could it be because I mistakenly said 2 weeks inatead of 3 weeks? I'll appreciate ur candid response, tanx.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 19, 2013
ms.anon:
Hello guys. I'm grateful to have stumbled on this thread and would be grateful if some gurus could chip in on my case. I'm a student in the UK and plan to visit the US for my friend's graduation in December. First of all, he's a family friend and not a relative. Will this be a problem? And if it won't what do i need from him apart from letter of invitation; that's assuming i would need that. Would i need to show proof of where i would stay when i'm there? How much should i have in my bank statement? I can get supporting documents from my uni so that shouldn't be a problem. I've been denied for a US visa before though for F-1 and to be honest, i'm wary of applying again even though I've been to 3 European countries since then.

I would like to know what my chances are. Especially as i'll be applying in London and not sure what to expect. What would i need to strengthen my application? I plan to be in the States in December, when would be ideal to apply? I would have sworn i had lots of meaningful questions when i started this post cheesy Please humor me and answer the few questions i posted. Thanks.

Please somebody should answer the question above. Abeg.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by israel007: 10:29am On Aug 19, 2013
influential01:

i knw bt then he said he ll firstly attend the conference in chicago b4 he move to new york.
Now he is asking if he can buy flight new york flight ticket straight without going to chicago for the conference.

In other words, your intention is different from what was declared before the visa was granted.

Let me ask you this: would you kill you/your friend at least attend the conference. After all, it's been paid for already. Well you can decide to buy a ticket to NY depending on the date the conference would start. Just say u are staying in NY to proceed to Chicago a day or two to the conference
Re: Usa Visit Visa by pastor4real: 3:49pm On Aug 19, 2013
I applied for US visa online but forgot to print copy of the application for my record. Please can anyone show me how to get or print copy of the application.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by AjanleKoko: 4:19pm On Aug 19, 2013
wehla: @justwise, blawi1, suxes. I really appreciate ur effort on this thread. I need ur advice on what next to do after my second visa rejection, my interview last week goes thus : VO - why are you going to d US.
Me - for visit, tourism and shopping.
VO - where will u stay in US?
Me - with my friend in 30, addicks road, Houston, Texas
VO - what do u do?
Me - I operate two company, a Travel agency and a transport company.
VO - how long is your stay in d US?
Me - 2 weeks ( I later remember I fill 3 weeks in the ds-160 form online).
VO - How much is your monthly income.
Me - #250,000.
VO - sorry, ur visa is not granted.
I tried to ask why since d reasons in d rejection paper are what I possess(I have my own property, my family and verifiable business. All d documents are with me)
Pls, this is my second visa rejection in a month and I want to apply again next year, what do I need to do, what should I correct. My friend who invited me is a US citizen since 2003 and he really want me to visit him. What are my chances next year? Could it be because I mistakenly said 2 weeks inatead of 3 weeks? I'll appreciate ur candid response, tanx.

It could be any number of factors.
Firstly, do you have any travel history? If you indeed want to visit the US for tourism, do you have any records of previous such trips to other destinations for tourism/shopping? If the US is your first attempt at a visa, you might get turned down.

Another could be your gender, age, whether you're married with children, what your spouse does, and why they are not applying with you. It's quite possible that you may be travelling with intent to abscond and leave you family back in Nigeria. It does happen.

One other thing could be your income. The cost of a return ticket to the US is in excess of your monthly income - and you have a family you are supporting. Did you indicate in your DS-160 how much your budget was for the trip?

Remember, all of this is just presumption, not fact. Your submission can be interpreted in a positive or negative light by the CO, but the burden of proof is solely on you. All the best for next time!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by naomibaby(f): 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2013
Hello house!
I need experienced peoples he'll! Pls! A sister of mine just got a mexico visa, she then contacted me for tickts! And we were told that she won't be able to fly except she getss a transit visa, to transit USA. Now this is my headache; how long can we get this transit visa? Are we to wait 3mnth 6 mnth or more cos of their appointment whala? Or we can walki in and submit documents and just get the transit visa to transit their airport! Pls she plan to travel on 30/ 31 this mnt AUgust! Justwise! Abeg come to my aid. Anybody with useful advice pls Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 5:15pm On Aug 19, 2013
@ wehla: is there anything different about this application from the previous one? Is it EXACTLY same info but for the new travel dates?If you are going visiting and shopping in the US and get rejected say 4 wks ago, why d urgency to reapply so soon? That may be what made the CO refuse you a 2nd time. Have you been denied an immigrant visa before say DV Lottery or anything of the nature? All other points by Ajanlekoko are also valid ones.

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (323)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.