Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1062126 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by shalon: 10:44pm On Aug 22, 2013
Hello Guys, here is my interview with my wife went on July 16.

Me: Hello gd morning *smiles*
VO: (looking into computer) yeah morning
VO: Where are you going (typing on the computer)
Me: we are visiting a family friend in new Carrollton and from there to Miami for 4 days in a hotel.
VO: ok, what did u do there?
Me: CEO of ...... Company
VO: To my wife the same question
Wife: I own a shop at Lagos island.
VO: To me,how many days you spend the last time you travelled to the Usa
Me: 23 days
VO: how many kids do you have
Me and wife answered together.
VO: Why are you not travelling with the kids
Me: The last time we travelled as a family,the kids couldn't allow me quality time with my wife.
VO: Are you going for medical
Me: Nope,just for vacation
Vo: why didn't you travel with your wife on most of your trips
Me:We have young kids and parenting involving attention,whenever I am away on a trip,she has to taken care of the home stead.
VO: ur visa has been approved, pls pick in 2 days time
Me:thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 3:46am On Aug 23, 2013
@babbs45,tzetzefly came in to US today aboard allitalia airline though strenous bt its worth it.tanx

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by influential01: 5:30am On Aug 23, 2013
hello friends,i want to attend a conference in US on printing, i earn 45k as monthly salary, am married with 2kids.i ve travel to ghana in 2011.i ve my company employent letter, tax clearance, health insurance id card, payslip and and my own statement of acct wth 150k balance.my trip ll ve sponsor by my sister boyfriend.
pls i want to knw my chance of getting the US visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by OjaP: 6:34am On Aug 23, 2013
pj5: Hello everyone. I am compelled to write about my visa experience due to the help I got from the experience of others on this thread. Hopefully, someone else in search of information will find this useful someday.

I had my interview on Wednesday, August 7th, just before the Muslim holidays. I was interviewed by the guy everyone dreaded who was denying people. I was actually praying not to be interviewed by him but lo and behold my number flashed at his counter. I simply imagined the VO was a difficult judge I had to convince about my case grin I was asked 3 short questions and here is how it went:
Me:Good morning
VO: Why do you want to go to the US?
Me: To attend------conference
VO: And where is that taking place
Me: Boston,Massachusetts

VO: What do you do?
Me: I work as a legal practitioner at -------, I also write for------ and run (VO cuts in)
VO: You are a really very busy young lady (to which i just laughed). I am approving your Visa.

And that was how it went. No question on where I have traveled to, no documents checked, nothing.

I have come to understand that confidence is key and God holds the key.
I wish future applicants all the best smiley

Congrats. I have an important question to ask. Please check your mail.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by babbs45: 8:57am On Aug 23, 2013
Henries: @babbs45,tzetzefly came in to US today aboard allitalia airline though strenous bt its worth it.tanx

Dude, Glad you made it safe! Which state are you?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by baani(m): 10:34am On Aug 23, 2013
Good day all, please i just wanted to find out from successful applicant if after interview at the embassy, they actually make inquiries as regards verifying whatever information u mite have dropped in your application form
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 3:12pm On Aug 23, 2013
Henries: @babbs45,tzetzefly came in to US today aboard allitalia airline though strenous bt its worth it.tanx

Welcome to the States, enjoy your naturalization....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 3:20pm On Aug 23, 2013
Not 100% of the time but someone posted a few wks ago that his friend tried to travel with a visa he procurred thru an agent. D visa was flagged @ the airport and he was told to go to the American embassy for further clarification. We never heard d conclusion of the case.
If you've received your visa, you'll be fine unless there's a serious falsehood that worries you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by influential01: 7:50pm On Aug 23, 2013
influential01: hello friends,i want to attend a conference in US on printing, i earn 45k as monthly salary, am married with 2kids.i ve travel to ghana in 2011.i ve my company employent letter, tax clearance, health insurance id card, payslip and and my own statement of acct wth 150k balance.my trip ll ve sponsor by my sister boyfriend.

Pls i need urgent respond friends
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 8:23pm On Aug 23, 2013
influential01: hello friends,i want to attend a conference in US on printing, i earn 45k as monthly salary, am married with 2kids.i ve travel to ghana in 2011.i ve my company employent letter, tax clearance, health insurance id card, payslip and and my own statement of acct wth 150k balance.my trip ll ve sponsor by my sister boyfriend.

Very remote, i will be shocked if you are given a visa considering your salary, your sponsor and the reason for traveling

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by influential01: 9:37pm On Aug 23, 2013
justwise: [/b]

Very remote, i will be shocked if you are given a visa considering your salary, your sponsor and the reason for traveling

Means semi-average man class cant travel out of naija to US

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Folafad: 9:42pm On Aug 23, 2013
influentialo1,just forget your salary and balance in your account. But if you want to have the experience know problem good luck.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Folafad: 10:34pm On Aug 23, 2013
hello everybody,i was deny a visa in 2011 with my family because I was ask wish city are you going and I did not remember.also april this year we were deny because of my wife she was nervous.the question is that can I apply a lone? am self-employed and I have all my document I register my company I pay my tax I have everything and I was invited by wife cousin what is my chance
Re: Usa Visit Visa by topaztee: 4:17pm On Aug 24, 2013
Pls house,I will like to know if an electronic copy is accepted.I got an IV for the conference,sent through email on Adobe reader,will this be accepted at d embassy or the original copy.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shiba0147: 11:39pm On Aug 24, 2013
pls house my friend went for non immigrant visa interview last year,he filled married and got denied,now he got married to a u.s citizen here in nigeria,the wife has traveled back u.s and want to filled for him on a spouse,my question is that when he goes for immigrant visa{spouse visa interview}will the former data show up were he filled he was married here in nigeria when he went for the non immigrant visa interview someone answer my question pls
Re: Usa Visit Visa by babbs45: 2:05am On Aug 25, 2013
shiba0147: pls house my friend went for non immigrant visa interview last year,he filled married and got denied,now he got married to a u.s citizen here in nigeria,the wife has traveled back u.s and want to filled for him on a spouse,my question is that when he goes for immigrant visa{spouse visa interview}will the former data show up were he filled he was married here in nigeria when he went for the non immigrant visa interview someone answer my question pls

Definitely yes, but it shouldn't be a problem so far as he is divorced from his previous wife. He should have the divorce decree handy, it'll be needed when filing for the IV.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:26am On Aug 25, 2013
Folafad: hello everybody,i was deny a visa in 2011 with my family because I was ask wish city are you going and I did not remember.also april this year we were deny because of my wife she was nervous.the question is that can I apply a lone? am self-employed and I have all my document I register my company I pay my tax I have everything and I was invited by wife cousin what is my chance

Your records with the embassy are fine i.e. You gave your second application ample time 2years to be precise. It is necessary you go in to the embassy next year 2014. Forget submission for the current period in order to avoid signs of desperation.

Secondly, the cousin you mentioned, how well do you know him / her and what is his / her resident status in the States? These are questions you need ask yourself to avoid a similar blunder you made in 2011......
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shiba0147: 10:10am On Aug 25, 2013
pls house,he is now saying that,he used the name of u.s citizen whom is currently his wife as a sister when he applied the non immigrant visa,and used somebodies name here as a wife then,he is nervous if the consular officer will find out that he used the present wife as a sister and place of contact when he applied for the non immigrant visa,pls house your answer is needed
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 10:53am On Aug 25, 2013
@ shiba that is called material misrepresentation, he lied that he was married to prove ties to nigeria, and claimed his current wife was his "sister" , a "friend" would have been safer. They have all that info on record with his finger prints so they will see it all. It doesn't look good and he should brace himself for detailed questions because they will assume the marriage is a sham. It's gonna be tough but not impossible.
@ topaz it should be, along with other proofs of payment to attend the conference and so on. I'm sure a Conference Guru" will reply you soo.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shiba0147: 11:22am On Aug 25, 2013
ok,pls what if he goes and reapply for non immigrant visa now,and put in another place of contact in u.s,put another name as a place of contact, and change his status to divorce ,so that he will change the first data the wife can now petition for him
Re: Usa Visit Visa by euromoney(f): 4:49pm On Aug 25, 2013
@Henries,nice one.I'm new in the state too.I'm in Texas.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shiba0147: 4:50pm On Aug 25, 2013
ok,pls what if he goes and reapply for non immigrant visa now,and put in another place of contact in u.s,put another name as a place of contact, and change his status to divorce ,so that he will change the first data the wife can now petition for him,or will the both data show that he apply for the second time,pls house your advice is needed
Re: Usa Visit Visa by influential01: 5:41pm On Aug 25, 2013
hello friends, my friend is travelling tomorrow night to US, pls can anyone tell us possible questions the immigration officer may ask first fresh entry to the state with visit visa at the port of entry. Pls very urgent.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:01pm On Aug 25, 2013
influential01: hello friends, my friend is travelling tomorrow night to US, pls can anyone tell us possible questions the immigration officer may ask first fresh entry to the state with visit visa at the port of entry. Pls very urgent.

What is your reason for coming to the States?

How long will you be staying?

Do you have relatives or friends here?

Where is your final destination?

Answer these correctly without stuttering, and he is stamped in, no hassles.

>>>>>TAKE NOTE:

Being his first time, he should ensure that his clothes are neat and tidy. A negative first impression gives room for unnecessary attention, questions and delay by the CBP officer.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:12pm On Aug 25, 2013
@shiba0147, the situation your friend finds himself, is very complicated. Any wrong and contradictory statement he makes before the CO, can lead to red flags or outright ban.

I will advise him for the sake of the records, to tell the CO the true position of his situation. Even if he gets refused this visa for now, it will clear his blunders and also enable him have another fighting chance some other day.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shiba0147: 8:48pm On Aug 25, 2013
pls house,i want to know if u.s embassy will know when my brother fax an invitation letter with my info in the passport to their faxing machine,because i want them to know that i am the the real person when i go for my interview in u.s embassy,so can the embassy see the invitation on their fax machine
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Folafad: 10:16pm On Aug 25, 2013
@tzetzefly, thanks so much God will bless you. I know him very well his my wife cousin and he go to u.s through visa lottery. he is the owner of his house.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:34pm On Aug 25, 2013
Folafad: @tzetzefly, thanks so much God will bless you. I know him very well his my wife cousin and he go to u.s through visa lottery. he is the owner of his house.

Ok
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 2:03am On Aug 26, 2013
@ shiba if he says he's divorced then he must bring an authentic divorce decree. "Oluwole" documents these days no dey work o - dem fit catch am.Dont forget that whether his spouse files in Nigeria or the US they will still ask for original documents especially if it was a previous marriage. claiming he is divorced is adding fuel to the fire. Can his spouse speak to an Immigration lawyer who is experienced for guidance? That way he knows what can be waived (forgiven) and what cannot.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shiba0147: 7:10am On Aug 26, 2013
pls house,i want to know if u.s embassy will know when my brother fax an invitation letter with my info in the passport to their faxing machine,because i want them to know that i am the the real person when i go for my interview in u.s embassy,so can the embassy see the invitation on their fax machine,pls i need your answer wise men in the house

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 26, 2013
Thanks again for this thread. My dad and brother were coming from the US on Saturday. While chatting with the Customs/Border officer (I don't know what they're officially called), the officer didn't stamp his passport but stamped my brother's- although their photographs and other biometrics were taken.

Will this pose a problem in the future? I mean, without the stamp, is there any proof of his going to the US? Just in case he wishes to re-apply and he tells the Visa Officer he had been to the US before, is there any way to prove this without the official stamp?

I hope you understand my question; I couldn't really find a better way to put it.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 10:31am On Aug 26, 2013
There is an electronic record of his arrival and departure so he will be fine. To be safe, he could keep his boarding pass stubs from this trip just in case it comes up when he travels again and he is asked.

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (323)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.