Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. (77135 Views)

Traders At Alaba Rago Market Cleaning Up After Closure (Pictures) / Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) / Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by UDUJ(m): 8:38am On Sep 01, 2020
muller101:
The good bad and the evil are all scattered across the world. I needed 10acres for my project. I was directed to someone. The owner of the property, we went together to inspect the place, he told me the land is 10acres. We struk a deal and I agreed to do a transfer and other paperwork will follow.
In the evening I took my tape went there to measure the land. Guess what? the land was 6.7 acres. A Yoruba man from Oyo state.

cheesy grin grin Nigerians are dubious people irrespective of tribes. I weep for this country.

18 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by ALABACONNECT(m): 8:52am On Sep 01, 2020
uvie66:
What is tribalistic here, 99% of the traders in these markets are Ibos, because they will never rent a shop to another tribe. Have you ever seen a Yoruba Man, aboki, or Calabar Man selling in these places ?
Bro read what he said again to comprehend better and so you know, one of the top dogs in my line of business is actually a yoruba man. Oh and in case you got the whole shop arrangement wrong, many buildings at Alaba are owned by Yorubas

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by ALABACONNECT(m): 8:56am On Sep 01, 2020
OP, Sorry for your loss. Just in case you want to get something in Alaba, be sure to get someone already at Alaba to follow you.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by mabeni(m): 9:12am On Sep 01, 2020
2cribz:
Dah home theater na olden days panel dey inside cos how a whole home theater no work with nepa or phcn,na only gen . Shey na light abi na the same gen dem use test am for you,whoever explain that nonsense need 3 days slapping..
the nepa light aspect was a lie and their trick to defraud their victim bro.

12 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by mabeni(m): 9:14am On Sep 01, 2020
Sommydisaster:
grin grin

E be things, man's face looks familiar tho

For you mabeni, sorry for the money loss...... Hope you learned one or few things

Bro keep your mouth shut, if only you know many Lagos indigenes that are the architect of this scam program

Don't post shit, just because you want likes or cause traffic

I wonder how you'd act if you had powers..... SMH
thanks. I learnt a lot.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by 2cribz: 9:14am On Sep 01, 2020
I know na,even the pic of the owner fit don kidnap before now. Or robbery and used the loot to run a useless business.
mabeni:
the nepa light aspect was a lie and their trick to defraud their victim bro.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by mabeni(m): 9:17am On Sep 01, 2020
NnamdiN:
next time in alaba, do not listen to anyone standing by the roadside. Theyre all hustlers without shops.
Enter inside the market and even at that, do not pay until they've packaged and tested everything you asked for.
Also try to have someone in any market you're unfamiliar with. I cannot for any reason, go to any market in lagos without contacting someone who's on ground there and familiar with the environment.
You were greedy, which samsung home theater will you get for 25k? Even if na 10th hand?
bro, honestly I am not. I was just ignorant. It's fine tho. I have learnt new thing.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:20am On Sep 01, 2020
I sabi that guy somehow shaaaa. cheesy

Sorry for you, OP. Why did you not involve the task force? They would have given you at least half of your money. If you no street, Alaba boys/men go run you street still play you like ball.

Next time, endeavor to go with someone who knows the business of the market. I highly respect the Igbos, but you see this usual scam they perpetrate which they tag as smartness is highly unbecoming. I suffer am that year when I still dey Obosi inside Alaba. Computer village own na die. Ladipo nko? And it is very likely you were jazzed during the fracas.

The Police wey you even involve go chop a huge chunk of the money. Your best bet was to have used the Taskforce. Sorry about your loss, OP. I hope you get your money back, even if it may seems like a hard one to get back.

19 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:21am On Sep 01, 2020
ALABACONNECT:
Bro read what he said again to comprehend better and so you know, one of the top dogs in my line of business is actually a yoruba man. Oh and in case you got the whole shop arrangement wrong, many buildings at Alaba are owned by Yorubas

Truth. Most buildings in Alaba are owned by Yorubas but are dominated by 90% Igbos.

11 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by mabeni(m): 9:27am On Sep 01, 2020
ALABACONNECT:
OP, Sorry for your loss. Just in case you want to get something in Alaba, be sure to get someone already at Alaba to follow you.
thanks
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by ridwanlawal: 9:32am On Sep 01, 2020
mabeni:
honestly, i would have if i had my way. The money pain me to my marrow. I couldn't sleep. Cried through the night. Make i no lie you, i for do that man juju if to sey i get. Though, i have reported this to EFCC and policeng on social media,. E pain no be small
You could as well report the matter to Consumer Right

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by ORIAYO70(m): 9:41am On Sep 01, 2020
mabeni:
embarassedi went to Alaba international market to buy a set of Tokunbo Home Theatre. Luckily/ unfortunately for me i asked around and i was directed to a shop where i would find my choice. I got to the shop and i specifically told them a want a SAMSUNG Home Theater and the search began. They tested 3diferrent sets but the last one got my attention and I asked for the price. The seller (shop owner ) told me it was 55k and i negotiated it to 25k and he asked me pay. I requested for his account details but he
declined saying he doesn't take transfers. I

quickly went to use POS, came back and asked for the SAMSUNG SETS i had priced be tested to avoid foul play. It was tested and i confirmed it. I paid, receipt was issued to me but without going through my receipt, I i wrote my name a
nd signed because i never suspected scam.

Now, it was time for me to leave with my purchases and the boy boy told me "the engine/DVD to the home theater i bought does not support or work with electricity but strictly

works for only generator ". I asked him to repeat himself and he did. The statement didn't make sense to me. He then suggested he could swap the engine/DVD of the SAMSUNG Home Theater i bought for another one that uses

electricity. I sensed foul play and asked him why he didn't tell me these before making payment. Note :the owner of the shop had gone out when boy boy was telling me this.
Luckily, he came back to meet out arguing. I narrated what his boy told me about the sound

system they sold for me he affirmed to it that the engine/DVD doesn't use electricity. I got confused and demanded for a refund. These guys refused. Insisting I take another DVD...i refused either that i preferred what i bought. They refused me going with what I bought. This infuriated a lot of noise and here comes in an

elderly man who claimed to be the landlord of the shop.

He asked me what was wrong, i told him and he slapped the Boy boy. I this point, i knew was

being scammed but was helpless as well. It was just only me against Alaba boys. The elderly man asked me to calm down that he was there to help me out bla bla bla and requested to see the receipt that was issued to me me. Lo and behold, the subwoofer and the other 3 small
speakers was not included in the receipt. The

y only wrote the engine/DVD they claimed doesn't use nepa light and even boldly put NO WOOFER & NO SPEAKERS. (indirect or indirectly, i only paid 25k for just the DVD p
layer )

The truth was, i never saw these errors before the arrival of the elderly man. he pointed out the errors and finally told me they don't refund money in ALABA that it was all a trick and the trick was for me to pay any amount cos the

sound system i bought was more than 25k that i would have to add more money for me to go with it. I insisted i don't have more money to add and they insisted i take a Chinese product. I no gree.

To cut it short, i finally found out the elderly man was part of them. His job was to distract and calm their victim down. At the end of it all, i only got the subwoofer and 3 small speakers. The ENGINE/DVD was not given to me.

This was my sad experience today in the hands of some heartless Nigerians.

That is the face of the SHOP OWNER. TRUE
CALLER shows his name as BEN.

acunnon, do you know this man?

That is Igbo people for you, they r synonymous with fraud...I experienced similar things in Oshodi sometimes ago...

We bargain a certain price, after payment he change his voice...behold naso I hold say me n u na die here. One useless Onitsha boy no go scam me on my papa land, na one Police man solve the issue.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by ALABACONNECT(m): 10:07am On Sep 01, 2020
ORIAYO70:

That is Igbo people for you, they r synonymous with fraud...I experienced similar things in Oshodi sometimes ago...

We bargain a certain price, after payment he change his voice...behold naso I hold say me n u na die here. One useless Onitsha boy no go scam me on my papa land, na one Police man solve the issue.
Another wrong use of words bro.
UyaiIncomparabl used the right word while talking about Igbos. Earned my respect yet again

A one Nigeria we wanted right?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by suremanpatriot: 10:27am On Sep 01, 2020
WHY DO MY IBO BROTHERS TAKE TRADE FRAUD AS LIFESYLE? THIS IS SICKENING. THEY ARE DESTROYING IBO MAN REPUTATION O! embarassed

11 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by suremanpatriot: 10:30am On Sep 01, 2020
WHY DO MY IBO BROTHERS TAKE TRADE FRAUD AS LIFESYLE? THIS IS SICKENING. THEY ARE DESTROYING IBO MAN REPUTATION O! embarassedmy brother nex time go to LG dealers or Samsung dealers to get your choice.Stop petronizing one man alaba shop unles to have bought there before with good experience.

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 10:42am On Sep 01, 2020
Next time be wise and don't be greedy
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by PureGoldh(m): 10:57am On Sep 01, 2020
Some Nigerians seff
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by fr3do(m): 11:00am On Sep 01, 2020
It is senseless to call the OP greedy, it is a free market, if he prices that piece of electronics 15k and the seller agrees, he is within his own rights.

The problem is that he didn't pay attention to details, and he should have asked several shops.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by uvie66: 11:03am On Sep 01, 2020
ALABACONNECT:
ok
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Vanzcharles(m): 11:11am On Sep 01, 2020
donproject:
See Igbos ehn...that's how they will run their republic if given. Experience I had with them in Enugu last week chai, I hate them more with passion. They call it smartness but these people are the reason Nigerians are known worldwide for their corruptions. It runs in their blood....ole, gbewiri, apomolekun jaye, jaguda paali, awon alafowora bi shina rambo.

I won't say much...I was defrauded in that same Alaba by a guy known as Bright in 2016, I swear for him shah but to my disdain, the guy is now in Italy after duping his boss and ran

Common will you shut up your mouth. Almost every young bit in Nigeria is into scam. You dey shout igbo. When everybody is into local fraud and foreign fraud.
Just shut up your mouth.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Vanzcharles(m): 11:14am On Sep 01, 2020
ORIAYO70:

Ori Ayo your brothers wey dey rum scam like say tomorrow no they. Only be say igbo they run their own on top buying and selling.

If I bite your mouth, how can u say scam is synonymous to Igbo people. I know how many yoruba boys I sent money to that blocked me.

Just keep quiet and dont call tribe. Everyone dey do yahoo

27 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 01, 2020
muller101:
The good bad and the evil are all scattered across the world. I needed 10acres for my project. I was directed to someone. The owner of the property, we went together to inspect the place, he told me the land is 10acres. We struk a deal and I agreed to do a transfer and other paperwork will follow.
In the evening I took my tape went there to measure the land. Guess what? the land was 6.7 acres. A Yoruba man from Oyo state.

lol...in Nigeria everybody is a suspect irrespective of the tribe, always looking for a way to cheat. I don't trust anybody when it comes to business I make sure everything is checked.

8 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by lenghtinny(m): 11:33am On Sep 01, 2020
From north to south to east, the average Nigerian is always looking for opportunities to exploit others for cheap gains wey no go last....

They think being dubious is the same thing as being smart angry

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Kindledlight(m): 12:19pm On Sep 01, 2020
NnamdiN:
next time in alaba, do not listen to anyone standing by the roadside. Theyre all hustlers without shops.
Enter inside the market and even at that, do not pay until they've packaged and tested everything you asked for.
Also try to have someone in any market you're unfamiliar with. I cannot for any reason, go to any market in lagos without contacting someone who's on ground there and familiar with the environment.
You were greedy, which samsung home theater will you get for 25k? Even if na 10th hand?

Nnamdi abi wetin be your name,your advice is ok but don’t blame op for trying to buy a home theater for that amount.If the amount is small it’s left for the seller to reject and not scam or defraud him.Scam or fraud should be condemned.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Mayng01(m): 1:03pm On Sep 01, 2020
This is sad, unfortunate & wicked. So sorry for your loss bro. Lesson learnt
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by nedu666: 1:03pm On Sep 01, 2020
Op, there is a task force in alaba made up of people who are experienced in electronics , take the product and receipt and go and report your case to them. There they either refund your money or replace the product within a specific time. Don't let it slide.

22 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by mabeni(m): 1:42pm On Sep 01, 2020
nedu666:
Op, there is a task force in alaba made up of people who are experienced in electronics , take the product and receipt and go and report your case to them. There they either refund your money or replace the product within a specific time. Don't let it slide.

doing that is another expenses and may not end well. Lessons learnt.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by seangy4konji: 1:47pm On Sep 01, 2020
home theater using gen only...this boys are mad ooo

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Emmypure: 1:48pm On Sep 01, 2020
You said that alaba boys shock u, when them sell home theater of 50 k for 25k for you, the price no shock you?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by nedu666: 2:26pm On Sep 01, 2020
mabeni:
doing that is another expenses and may not end well. Lessons learnt.

Nope. There is no expense, you are not expected to pay anyone. Moreover when you get there, you will see people in similar situation as yourself. Don't let it slide at worst they either refund your money or replace the product.

9 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by ceeceeuwa: 2:54pm On Sep 01, 2020
nedu666:

Nope. There is no expense, you are not expected to pay anyone. Moreover when you get there, you will see people in similar situation as yourself. Don't let it slide at worst they either refund your money or replace the product.
Op, I suggest you take this advice! At least give it a shot.

7 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by mabeni(m): 3:14pm On Sep 01, 2020
nedu666:

alright. Do that.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? / The Value Of CFA To Naira As At Today / Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.