Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. (77049 Views)

Traders At Alaba Rago Market Cleaning Up After Closure (Pictures) / Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) / Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by soonest(f): 6:59pm On Sep 02, 2020
You sef no try. In Nigeria you have to have an idea of the price of what you want. Something of 55k you priced 25k and they agreed, that was where your wahala started. These traders you can't just beat them at their dirty game. Sorry you hear. Next time know your Market 101, which is:
1. Nigeria is a jungle
2. Traders no get joy
3. Have an idea of the price of what you want.
4. With 3 in mind, don't price stupidly. If you even price 2k, some will accept but be sure it's only wire you will go home with.
5. Price in 3 places and settle for one. Never buy in the first place you prized.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 02, 2020
Minjim:

Fool! Who supported Hushpuppy?

Yorubas don't console thieves
okay, you didn't. that is commendable. look! i was just been sacarstic.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by ednut1(m): 7:01pm On Sep 02, 2020
i don laugh tire
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Fucsheetup(f): 7:01pm On Sep 02, 2020
Autotech312:

Please face reality and stop being defensive: no apology, IBO's are naturally fraudulent. It runs in the blood.
*Nigerians
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by LikeAking: 7:02pm On Sep 02, 2020
mabeni:
embarassedi went to Alaba international market to buy a set of Tokunbo Home Theatre. Luckily/ unfortunately for me i asked around and i was directed to a shop where i would find my choice. I got to the shop and i specifically told them I want a SAMSUNG Home Theater and the search began. They tested 3 diferrent sets but the last one got my attention and I asked for the price.

The seller (shop owner) told me it was 55k and i negotiated it to 25k and he asked me pay. I requested for his account details but he declined saying he doesn't take transfers. I quickly went to use POS, came back and asked for the SAMSUNG SETS i had priced be tested to avoid foul play. It was tested and i confirmed it. I paid, receipt was issued to me but without going through my receipt, I wrote my name and signed because i never suspected scam.

Now, it was time for me to leave with my purchases and the boy boy told me "the engine/DVD to the home theater i bought does not support or work with electricity but strictly works for only generator ". I asked him to repeat himself and he did. The statement didn't make sense to me. He then suggested he could swap the engine/DVD of the SAMSUNG Home Theater i bought for another one that uses electricity. I sensed foul play and asked him why he didn't tell me these before making payment.

Note: the owner of the shop had gone out when boy boy was telling me this.
Luckily, he came back to meet us arguing. I narrated what his boy told me about the sound system they sold for me he affirmed to it that the engine/DVD doesn't use electricity. I got confused and demanded for a refund. These guys refused. Insisting I take another DVD...i refused either that i preferred what i bought. They refused me going with what I bought. This infuriated a lot of noise and here comes in an elderly man who claimed to be the landlord of the shop.

He asked me what was wrong, i told him and he slapped the Boy boy. At this point, i knew I was being scammed but was helpless as well. It was just only me against Alaba boys. The elderly man asked me to calm down that he was there to help me out bla bla bla and requested to see the receipt that was issued to me me. Lo and behold, the subwoofer and the other 3 small speakers was not included in the receipt. They only wrote the engine/DVD they claimed doesn't use nepa light and even boldly put NO WOOFER & NO SPEAKERS. (indirect or indirectly, i only paid 25k for just the DVD player )

The truth was, i never saw these errors before the arrival of the elderly man. he pointed out the errors and finally told me they don't refund money in ALABA that it was all a trick and the trick was for me to pay any amount cos the sound system i bought was more than 25k that i would have to add more money for me to go with it. I insisted i don't have more money to add and they insisted i take a Chinese product. I no gree.

To cut it short, i finally found out the elderly man was part of them. His job was to distract and calm their victim down. At the end of it all, i only got the subwoofer and 3 small speakers. The ENGINE/DVD was not given to me.

This was my sad experience today in the hands of some heartless Nigerians.

That is the face of the SHOP OWNER. TRUE CALLER shows his name as BEN.

acunnon, do you know this man?

IBOS HAVE NOT EARNED THE RESPECT OF NIGERIANS.

EVEN THE NIGER DELTANS GAT NO REP FOR THEM.

A good name is beta than silver and gold.

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by morgan100(m): 7:02pm On Sep 02, 2020
Reading this brought back old memory of same that was done to me in that same Alaba, the same format, they had to force me to take another sound system, which any time I see, I feel so bad, eventually I had to sell it so as to have a peace of mind

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 02, 2020
Chiomatimo:
You have courage
Am ashamed to share mine
I was also scammed in onitcha, iweka in particular
I entered a shop to buy generator, the "I beta pass my neighbor" I didn't even price, he said 26, we agreed 25, he then wrote no police and probably warranty, he then explained that it's cool is made with aluminum, that it can't carry TV set and other things that have coil, but will carry standing fan, bulb and others, he told me there is another made with copper, that one is 42, immediately before the receipt was issued, some one told me that I should be careful that some cannot carry TV set, so after the brought the said one that have coil costing 42 (still I beta pass my neighbor) the one acting as my savior took me to 3 shops where we confirm the price, the least was 39k, he said I should buy it for that or take my money, it was initially 43, so when we came back I just paid 42 and left �

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Longman180(m): 7:07pm On Sep 02, 2020
RonaldoVido:
I don't buy electronics in big markets.

They will read your mumu level before dealing with you.
grin
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 02, 2020
pretyval:
25k for Samsung home theater? Na wa ooo.
It worth that price for a tokumbo.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by kevoh(m): 7:09pm On Sep 02, 2020
Want to buy electronics? Buy straight from SAMSUNG, LG, Thermocool etc showrooms. Want to buy phones? Buy straight from Slot and co. Anything asides from that, your chances of being scammed are high.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by okoroemeka(m): 7:09pm On Sep 02, 2020
UDUJ:
First time I am hearing of a DVD drive that only works with generator and not Nepa undecided
hahahaaaaa!! Mugu fall guy man chop, sometimes our quest for cheap stuffs causes problems for us,I paid acunon on NL #40k for a 32",i,LED TV in lagos,mind u I am based in imo state,the TV came as said clean, very good,even with remote,stll working after 2 year,I have even referred others,mind if it's too good to be true then it's probably is.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 02, 2020
Shaev7:

I was only laughing when I read this piece of article. The Only fault was you thought you had bought cheap price, home theatre for 25k...
That is it, that's why he didn't bother checking the receipt and everything else. grin

but still they shouldn't have scammed him.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Fucsheetup(f): 7:11pm On Sep 02, 2020
donproject:

Yes sir...I will shut up only when you can prove to me that these people are not guilty of this fraudulent trait I claim they all posses. A typical igbo man before me is already a suspect of the worst criminal endeavour, whenever I have to do any transaction with them, I take extra measure to make sure I'm not counting my losses after every deal.

I don't care if you are igbo or not, you can go to hell. My last experience with this group was so unpalatable, the hatred I develop aftermath is so intense. You can start ranting from now till cow comes home, I care less. I won't reply you after this anyways.
And yet when the whites call you a smelly animal, you’ll be the first to cry blood.

Illiterate putting the sins of a few on the whole people. Going by your dumb logic, the whole world is justified calling you and your fellow Nigerians hopeless, lazy, corrupt and evil.

1 Share

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by neonly: 7:11pm On Sep 02, 2020
So sorry just seeing dis post
1.the invoice they gave you is not genuine
2.they have unions in that market pay a small amount maybe 1500 and they will settle the matter amicably
3.who says buying a home theater for 25k is cheap guy if you know yur way u can even get it cheaper
4.if you can go to the police station around der Opposit dat court ask for survalant unit ask of Ngozi she is fair in complexion she doesn't take rubbish
5.next time when going to alaba dress like a mad man so you don't get much attention to be scam those boys der are evil that why they die anyhow and people will writing RIP for them
If it happens today is not late you can still go back der on Friday or go with a military man

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Kingzeez10: 7:13pm On Sep 02, 2020
ALABACONNECT:
Bro read what he said again to comprehend better and so you know, one of the top dogs in my line of business is actually a yoruba man. Oh and in case you got the whole shop arrangement wrong, many buildings at Alaba are owned by Yorubas
That doesn't change the fact that the perpetrators are mostly igbos. This is why i don't buy home appliances from igbos

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Thonee(m): 7:14pm On Sep 02, 2020
I experienced this kain tin too wen i be jjc for Lagos, my own na for oshodi back den on top Nokia E90, even 3310 i no carry go house after enough fight with over ten ppl wet join d matter.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by SEGLIZ: 7:14pm On Sep 02, 2020
Rgade:

It's Nigerians like Ben that will eventually be elected into power,so you see where our problem is from.
Our corruption is endemic and systematic.

exactly.
when Buhari said 'Change Begins With Me' Nigerians attacked him rather than go with the message they went hunting the messenger.
we all need to change our negative - ways, values, belief, perspective, orientation - for positive so as to have a viable nation.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by lorhema(f): 7:16pm On Sep 02, 2020
captainking:
I had similar experience.. I went to buy TV for someone in 2017...saw a TV.. Priced and agreed 35k...after testing.. I paid.. Then they told me the TV does not work with antena.. Decoder or DVD..it shows on black and white in these . That it's a satellite TV and shows only coloured on video camera or USB...

Mhen.... I para.. I kolo. Am a calm dude but got the aggression of a raging phoenix when provoked...

After the para... They gave me another TV after testing over 6 TVs which were all defective...

Igbo People especially the alaba guys and onitsha Main market guys are not honest or sincere... They are ruining the igbo spirit of hard work..

And I am igbo... But I hate what these guys do in alaba
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by mabea: 7:17pm On Sep 02, 2020
donproject:

Yes sir...I will shut up only when you can prove to me that these people are not guilty of this fraudulent trait I claim they all posses. A typical igbo man before me is already a suspect of the worst criminal endeavour, whenever I have to do any transaction with them, I take extra measure to make sure I'm not counting my losses after every deal.

I don't care if you are igbo or not, you can go to hell. My last experience with this group was so unpalatable, the hatred I develop aftermath is so intense. You can start ranting from now till cow comes home, I care less. I won't reply you after this anyways.
Who cares, you can always suit yourself

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by naturefellow(m): 7:19pm On Sep 02, 2020
Collins4u1:
How are you pricing a complete set of home theater 25k.
when a commodity is ridiculously lowly priced, especially online and in CV/Alaba. Red flag. Thread with caution!

Lesson for me... Confirm details of receipt before signing!
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by fergieboy: 7:19pm On Sep 02, 2020
MOD Don kolo

How many times this topic won enter front-page
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by fredrickmyers(m): 7:19pm On Sep 02, 2020
U wud have simply posted u needed a home theatre here n state d amount u have... Funny enough I have one for 30k u can dm for pictures. Meanwhile u have to be careful next time. So u don't fall prey
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by sevunteen(m): 7:20pm On Sep 02, 2020
mabeni:
BEN, you and your colleagues will never know peace for defrauding me my hard earned money. You even had the guts to tell me that you too wants to driver BENZ.

Never buy anything from Alaba, I repeat, never buy anything from Alaba. It is a useless market. I pray people realise this soon enough

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by ennecco: 7:22pm On Sep 02, 2020
That is very Bad for Nigeria we lieve today.God IS watching.nigerians should repent.bcs thé kingdom of GOD is at hand

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Prymestrr(m): 7:23pm On Sep 02, 2020
Collins4u1:
How are you pricing a complete set of home theater 25k.
Nwa mma Ifeanyi onwu gi? cheesy

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Naijaarchive(m): 7:26pm On Sep 02, 2020
majamajic:

While growing up I paid landlord in lagos after payment he demanded extra 28k for kitchen cos it was not attached to the house , he didn't tell me until I park in , I told him no , he said if I don't want , he will remove agent and agreement money I paid him ( no agent I came directly ) , that he must collect the money , or I forget the agent and agreement fee, and I must come after he rent the house to another person that he has used my money , I paid another 28k
A Yoruba man , so it's in us all

At international airport , I want change $100 , one man told me 31k , another said he will by 32k , I gave him the $100 , he handed me the 32k , from the other end the money is 32k , turn it and count from another end it's 28k , an hausa person

grin let's just forget it.... Nigeria can't get any better abeg grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by joebee1990(m): 7:26pm On Sep 02, 2020
hmmmm criminals every where
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by puremaker7(m): 7:27pm On Sep 02, 2020
SEGLIZ:

that same Benz would kill him.
I repeat, government isn't our problem but we as Nigerians are our own enemy. not matter how genuine a thing is we Nigerians would turn it fraudulent.
this is what this people are doing in Ghana, Nd you guys want Ghanians to like them.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Coronavirus84: 7:27pm On Sep 02, 2020
I can see the majority of igbos here on nairaland defending their Biafra brothers. I grew up and stay in Lagos state here, Alaba, Ladipo and Computer village are Igbo's dominated market here in lagos, OP I doubt if the Ben is not an Igbo guy. Na them we know them awon omo Igbo Oloriburuku

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Aadeyemo1(m): 7:27pm On Sep 02, 2020
I have also fall victim of this same guy at alaba. Unfortunately the police officers around that axis wrk along with them der4 der is no way one can get them arrested. Bunch of imbeciles. undecided undecided
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Minjim: 7:31pm On Sep 02, 2020
gypsey:
okay, you didn't. that is commendable. look! i was just been sacarstic.
My apology

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Ismaila Mompha Flaunts $4million Cash On Instagram (photos) / 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? / Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.