Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. (77124 Views)

Traders At Alaba Rago Market Cleaning Up After Closure (Pictures) / Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) / Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by mabeni(m): 3:18pm On Sep 01, 2020
Emmypure:
You said that alaba boys shock u, when them sell home theater of 50 k for 25k for you, the price no shock you?
you are just an attention seeker. What is wrong in me beating down the price of the good I'm buying?so, You expected me to pay 55k because he said so?
Is this used sound system below to big to be priced for 25k? Ehn?

9 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Ayomarcel(m): 3:51pm On Sep 01, 2020
Going through the comments and I saw some people saying. Why would you buy home theater for 25k. FFS it was a business negotiation. They both talked about it and he agreed to pay. Did he steal it from the seller? NO!. I don't know why we have so many apologists in Nigeria that tends to support the offenders which is becoming annoying. No one deserves to be scammed and no one should side with a criminal. I'm sorry you went through this brother.

And, to y'all apologists that don't think before typing or talking just pray this doesn't happen to you soon.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Autotech312(m): 4:04pm On Sep 01, 2020
ALABACONNECT:
This is a tribalistic shot. It shouldn't be bro. If you check out the whole scene of the fraudulent acts you get to see, the perpetrators capitalises on greed.

Please face reality and stop being defensive: no apology, IBO's are naturally fraudulent. It runs in the blood.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by ALABACONNECT(m): 4:05pm On Sep 01, 2020
Autotech312:

Please face reality and stop being defensive: no apology, IBO's are naturally fraudulent. It runs in the blood.
Okay o.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by successtutor(m): 4:05pm On Sep 01, 2020
Are you a learner? Gadget on generator alone? An appliance is either 110 or 220 . meaning, step down is required for 110 but those guys get jazz, u won't even remember.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Jakoko2: 4:23pm On Sep 01, 2020
mabeni:
embarassedi went to Alaba international market to buy a set of Tokunbo Home Theatre. Luckily/ unfortunately for me i asked around and i was directed to a shop where i would find my choice. I got to the shop and i specifically told them a want a SAMSUNG Home Theater and the search began. They tested 3diferrent sets but the last one got my attention and I asked for the price. The seller (shop owner ) told me it was 55k and i negotiated it to 25k and he asked me pay. I requested for his account details but he declined saying he doesn't take transfers. I quickly went to use POS, came back and asked for the SAMSUNG SETS i had priced be tested to avoid foul play. It was tested and i confirmed it. I paid, receipt was issued to me but without going through my receipt, I i wrote my name and signed because i never suspected scam.

Now, it was time for me to leave with my purchases and the boy boy told me "the engine/DVD to the home theater i bought does not support or work with electricity but strictly works for only generator ". I asked him to repeat himself and he did. The statement didn't make sense to me. He then suggested he could swap the engine/DVD of the SAMSUNG Home Theater i bought for another one that uses electricity. I sensed foul play and asked him why he didn't tell me these before making payment. Note :the owner of the shop had gone out when boy boy was telling me this.
Luckily, he came back to meet out arguing. I narrated what his boy told me about the sound system they sold for me he affirmed to it that the engine/DVD doesn't use electricity. I got confused and demanded for a refund. These guys refused. Insisting I take another DVD...i refused either that i preferred what i bought. They refused me going with what I bought. This infuriated a lot of noise and here comes in an elderly man who claimed to be the landlord of the shop.

He asked me what was wrong, i told him and he slapped the Boy boy. I this point, i knew was being scammed but was helpless as well. It was just only me against Alaba boys. The elderly man asked me to calm down that he was there to help me out bla bla bla and requested to see the receipt that was issued to me me. Lo and behold, the subwoofer and the other 3 small speakers was not included in the receipt. They only wrote the engine/DVD they claimed doesn't use nepa light and even boldly put NO WOOFER & NO SPEAKERS. (indirect or indirectly, i only paid 25k for just the DVD player )

The truth was, i never saw these errors before the arrival of the elderly man. he pointed out the errors and finally told me they don't refund money in ALABA that it was all a trick and the trick was for me to pay any amount cos the sound system i bought was more than 25k that i would have to add more money for me to go with it. I insisted i don't have more money to add and they insisted i take a Chinese product. I no gree.

To cut it short, i finally found out the elderly man was part of them. His job was to distract and calm their victim down. At the end of it all, i only got the subwoofer and 3 small speakers. The ENGINE/DVD was not given to me.

This was my sad experience today in the hands of some heartless Nigerians.

That is the face of the SHOP OWNER. TRUE CALLER shows his name as BEN.

acunnon, do you know this man?

grin laugh don kill me o

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by queenfav(f): 5:06pm On Sep 01, 2020
I knew it was a scam when u priced it from N55,000 to N25000..Sorry bro

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by BREYZ: 5:08pm On Sep 01, 2020
mabeni:
embarassedi went to Alaba international market to buy a set of Tokunbo Home Theatre. Luckily/ unfortunately for me i asked around and i was directed to a shop where i would find my choice. I got to the shop and i specifically told them a want a SAMSUNG Home Theater and the search began. They tested 3diferrent sets but the last one got my attention and I asked for the price. The seller (shop owner ) told me it was 55k and i negotiated it to 25k and he asked me pay. I requested for his account details but he declined saying he doesn't take transfers. I quickly went to use POS, came back and asked for the SAMSUNG SETS i had priced be tested to avoid foul play. It was tested and i confirmed it. I paid, receipt was issued to me but without going through my receipt, I i wrote my name and signed because i never suspected scam.

Now, it was time for me to leave with my purchases and the boy boy told me "the engine/DVD to the home theater i bought does not support or work with electricity but strictly works for only generator ". I asked him to repeat himself and he did. The statement didn't make sense to me. He then suggested he could swap the engine/DVD of the SAMSUNG Home Theater i bought for another one that uses electricity. I sensed foul play and asked him why he didn't tell me these before making payment. Note :the owner of the shop had gone out when boy boy was telling me this.
Luckily, he came back to meet out arguing. I narrated what his boy told me about the sound system they sold for me he affirmed to it that the engine/DVD doesn't use electricity. I got confused and demanded for a refund. These guys refused. Insisting I take another DVD...i refused either that i preferred what i bought. They refused me going with what I bought. This infuriated a lot of noise and here comes in an elderly man who claimed to be the landlord of the shop.

He asked me what was wrong, i told him and he slapped the Boy boy. I this point, i knew was being scammed but was helpless as well. It was just only me against Alaba boys. The elderly man asked me to calm down that he was there to help me out bla bla bla and requested to see the receipt that was issued to me me. Lo and behold, the subwoofer and the other 3 small speakers was not included in the receipt. They only wrote the engine/DVD they claimed doesn't use nepa light and even boldly put NO WOOFER & NO SPEAKERS. (indirect or indirectly, i only paid 25k for just the DVD player )

The truth was, i never saw these errors before the arrival of the elderly man. he pointed out the errors and finally told me they don't refund money in ALABA that it was all a trick and the trick was for me to pay any amount cos the sound system i bought was more than 25k that i would have to add more money for me to go with it. I insisted i don't have more money to add and they insisted i take a Chinese product. I no gree.

To cut it short, i finally found out the elderly man was part of them. His job was to distract and calm their victim down. At the end of it all, i only got the subwoofer and 3 small speakers. The ENGINE/DVD was not given to me.

This was my sad experience today in the hands of some heartless Nigerians.

That is the face of the SHOP OWNER. TRUE CALLER shows his name as BEN.

acunnon, do you know this man?
dont worry, they will soon take this Ben out, him own don too much.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by captainking(m): 5:16pm On Sep 01, 2020
I had similar experience.. I went to buy TV for someone in 2017...saw a TV.. Priced and agreed 35k...after testing.. I paid.. Then they told me the TV does not work with antena.. Decoder or DVD..it shows on black and white in these . That it's a satellite TV and shows only coloured on video camera or USB...

Mhen.... I para.. I kolo. Am a calm dude but got the aggression of a raging phoenix when provoked...

After the para... They gave me another TV after testing over 6 TVs which were all defective...

Igbo People especially the alaba guys and onitsha Main market guys are not honest or sincere... They are ruining the igbo spirit of hard work..

And I am igbo... But I hate what these guys do in alaba

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Csami(m): 5:29pm On Sep 01, 2020
Greed, one of the seven deadly sins. My dad bought Samsung tall boy home theater 290k as far back as 2008. My roommate bought our LG home theater, the lowest of them 35k as far back as 2013. Because IPhone 7 is fairly used does not mean you go and price it 10k. Yes, you're negotiating but man, be smart about it. Next time if someone want to sell something to you at half the market value, just turn detective immediately.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by mabeni(m): 5:34pm On Sep 01, 2020
BREYZ:

dont worry, they will soon take this Ben out, him own don too much.
you knows him?
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by mabeni(m): 5:40pm On Sep 01, 2020
Csami:
Greed, one of the seven deadly sins. My dad bought Samsung tall boy home theater 290k as far back as 2008. My roommate bought our LG home theater, the lowest of them 35k as far back as 2013. Because IPhone 7 is fairly used does not mean you go and price it 10k. Yes, you're negotiating but man, be smart about it. Next time if someone want to sell something to you at half the market value, just turn detective immediately.
make i hear word jor. Did you not see the picture of what i bought? Is that sound system too big to be priced for 25k? A woofer, DVD player and 3 small speakers.

14 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by MrHighSea: 5:41pm On Sep 01, 2020
If I do fairly used, I know i'm just gambling.

But if i greet you for your shop and i hear igbo intonation, I'm gone.

Majority are criminals.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by mabeni(m): 5:44pm On Sep 01, 2020
captainking:
I had similar experience.. I went to buy TV for someone in 2017...saw a TV.. Priced and agreed 35k...after testing.. I paid.. Then they told me the TV does not work with antena.. Decoder or DVD..it shows on black and white in these . That it's a satellite TV and shows only coloured on video camera or USB...

Mhen.... I para.. I kolo. Am a calm dude but got the aggression of a raging phoenix when provoked...

After the para... They gave me another TV after testing over 6 TVs which were all defective...

Igbo People especially the alaba guys and onitsha Main market guys are not honest or sincere... They are ruining the igbo spirit of hard work..

imagine. these guys are so heartless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by mabeni(m): 5:46pm On Sep 01, 2020
queenfav:
I knew it was a scam when u priced it from N55,000 to N25000..Sorry bro
thanks. I appreciate.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by mabeni(m): 5:56pm On Sep 01, 2020
Ayomarcel:
Going through the comments and I saw some people saying. Why would you buy home theater for 25k. FFS it was a business negotiation. They both talked about it and he agreed to pay. Did he steal it from the seller? NO!. I don't know why we have so many apologists in Nigeria that tends to support the offenders which is becoming annoying. No one deserves to be scammed and no one should side with a criminal. I'm sorry you went through this brother.

And, to y'all apologists that don't think before typing or talking just pray this doesn't happen to you soon.
thanks. It was not as if i selected a big sound system.
Take a look at the sound system below.
A woofer, DVD player and 3 small speakers.
Is it too big to be priced for 25k?

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 01, 2020
RonaldoVido:
I don't buy electronics in big markets.
They will read your mumu level before dealing with you.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 01, 2020
mabeni:
make i hear word jor. Did you not see the picture of what i bought? Is that sound system too big to be priced for 25k? A woofer, DVD player and 3 small speakers.
is it tokunbo or new
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by mabeni(m): 7:01pm On Sep 01, 2020
Volkswagen90:
is it tokunbo or new
tokunbo /used.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 01, 2020
mabeni:
tokunbo /used.
the very one u want to buy
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by mabeni(m): 7:10pm On Sep 01, 2020
Volkswagen90:
the very one u want to buy
yes. That's the picture there.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by tabithababy(f): 7:31pm On Sep 01, 2020
Sorry about this bro shocked
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by hayzed1090: 7:40pm On Sep 01, 2020
uvie66:
What is tribalistic here, 99% of the traders in these markets are Ibos, because they will never rent a shop to another tribe. Have you ever seen a Yoruba Man, aboki, or Calabar Man selling in these places ?

Yoruba and hausa also sell at all the sections of Alaba. Furthermore such fraudulent act is been perpetrated by both yoruba and igbo at Alaba international

6 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by mabeni(m): 8:02pm On Sep 01, 2020
tabithababy:
Sorry about this bro shocked
thanks
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Ayomarcel(m): 8:04pm On Sep 01, 2020
mabeni:
thanks. It was not as if i selected a big sound system.
Take a look at the sound system below.
A woofer, DVD player and 3 small speakers.
Is it too big to be priced for 25k?

Don't mind them. Some people don't think thru things.

6 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 01, 2020
I always carry dad along for this kindda things.

Sharp man can can the uncanned grin grin grin grin
(I'm learning as well though grin)

Take heart though,you have to shine eyes well before entering all this markets,act crazy if need be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by captainking(m): 8:16pm On Sep 01, 2020
mabeni:
imagine. these guys are so heartless.
I am telling you... They do it deliberately then offer you an option of topping money to take another one..

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 01, 2020
Vanzcharles:

Come on , will you shut up your mouth. Almost every young bit in Nigeria is into scam. You dey shout igbo. When everybody is into local fraud and foreign fraud.
Just shut up your mouth.

Yes sir...I will shut up only when you can prove to me that these people are not guilty of this fraudulent trait I claim they all posses. A typical igbo man before me is already a suspect of the worst criminal endeavour, whenever I have to do any transaction with them, I take extra measure to make sure I'm not counting my losses after every deal.

I don't care if you are igbo or not, you can go to hell. My last experience with this group was so unpalatable, the hatred I develop aftermath is so intense. You can start ranting from now till cow comes home, I care less. I won't reply you after this anyways.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by kmaster007: 8:52pm On Sep 01, 2020
mabeni:
BEN, you and your colleagues will never know peace for defrauding me my hard earned money. You even had the guts to tell me that you too wants to driver BENZ.
can you plz post dis on twitter... it going to trend it d guy saw himself on news
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by nedu666: 8:56pm On Sep 01, 2020
captainking:

That's why they have a task force for issues like these.

Everyone take note of the following when buying any second hand item

1. Be sure of what you want. Go to the market without money and try many stores.

2. Any product wrapped must be totally unwrapped b4 you, tested. Example some 2nd tv have black spot but are wrapped so that you will not notice it. Insist they unwrap every package b4 u. It is your money don't be in an hurry

3.there are those that sell tested product. Pls mark the word tested. Most times some products are non tested and cos of task force they will not write tested on the receipt.

4. B4 you sign the receipt be sure to read the wordings. Don't be too exicited. Am speaking from experience.

5. Above all seek for shops were they sell tested and confirm 2nd product. They exist. The only difference is that they are expensive. Example a 50 inch tv non tested or confirm can sell for 75,000. U can price it to 70,000 and think you saved money, dude you just got scammed. However, a tested tv and confirm, no defect will sell for 150k to 200k depending on make and model

In all seek for shops selling tested products, those products don't have so much packaging, also read the wordings on thw receipt. Its important

If it's too cheap to be true then don't bother pricing. Example a 2nd hand 42 inch Samsung curved tv selling for 100k. 100k is big money but ask for the original price of a brand new one. A tested shops that same tv is selling for 350k
100k is big money

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by mabeni(m): 8:56pm On Sep 01, 2020
kmaster007:
can you plz post dis on twitter... it going to trend it d guy saw himself on news
i have done since yesterday. Copied efcc, policeNg and some bloggers. Check @myckebenny.
Make e no be sey na fabricated stories and to show how painful it was to me.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Cyoung4real(m): 9:12pm On Sep 01, 2020
lol, you wan buy full set of Home Theatre 25k?? people calling the seller a scammer should call the buyer a thief as well. next time an empty carton dem go pack spoilt CPU give yougrin grin grin grin grin grin awoof dey purg belle

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? / The Value Of CFA To Naira As At Today / Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.