Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? (29453 Views)

19-Year-Old Boy Slaps, Beats His Grandmom Over Food In Lagos (Pix, Video) / Man Beats His Wife, Breaks Her Lower Jaw, Damages Her Left Eye In Adamawa (Pix) / Neighbours Flog Man Who Beats His Wife Always (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by benedictuyi(m): 5:41am On Sep 03, 2020
OP please report him. People saying to mind your business are ignorant. You'll be saving those kids from a lifetime of trauma

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by Nobody: 5:43am On Sep 03, 2020
call 911 0r 112. it's free!!!
Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by freemi(m): 5:45am On Sep 03, 2020
omoteacher:
shocked

Mind your business oga, if the beating/abuse is
too much na she go run comot. She's still gaining
something from the man. If she leaves what's the
probability she might get good husband again.
wat is bad is bad. Smh

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by Neddstark: 5:53am On Sep 03, 2020
1. Contact a human rights group. Like the Lagos state government. Do it anonymously. You dont want a drunken master as your number 1 enemy.
2. Advise the wife to leave. Let her stop being stupid.
Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by Bestbeelieve: 6:01am On Sep 03, 2020
arrange neighbourhood boys and beat the shit out of him!!let it be people who know him so he knows he's f...... up! look him eye ball to eye ball tell him if you hia peem from the compound again na LUTH e go find himself! it concerns you as a right thinking human being!some men are animals in short below the level of animals because animals don't beat their loved ones.
Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by Ikpongiton: 6:02am On Sep 03, 2020
LegendsCoded:
Nairalanders i hail thee.

I'm seeking for help on behalf of my neighbor's wife and her kids, her husband(our landlord) beats his wife and kids everyday(I mean 7 days a week nonstop). This man is usually drunk, I'm really concerned and really pained, as i type now he's beating his wife and has locked them out. I tried some Google searches but it's not helping. Please this woman and her kids needs help, but hat can be done.

Thanks
wetin come concern you?stop taking panadol for another man's headache for yovr own safety
Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by classicfrank4u(m): 6:03am On Sep 03, 2020
post=93515175:

Rule 2 to be successful in life : If you throw stones at every dogs that bark at you on the way, you will never get to where you are going!! cool cool cool

These kids have nothing reasonable to contribute to a thread, rather they come to derail.
Instead of them to lie down Jejely on the mats in their village, CALM DOWN and read comments by sane members, they rather come here to troll!
Spits!

U talk too much..
How much is a litre of fuel in your area?

3 Likes

Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by mutter(f): 6:06am On Sep 03, 2020
You are in a difficult sport because your Landlord might evict you but that woman needs help.
This is the plight of so many women. They may not be able to leave because they have no way to fend for themselves.
Talk to her friends to talk to her.
If you are bold enough organise the tenants to confront him whenever he does that.
Alternatively call the police.
Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by Moneyboyz: 6:06am On Sep 03, 2020
SwacoBlackPope:
Call the police

Same Nigerian police that will ask for transport fare before they follow you? Calling them won't help, they will only come after he's gone there to report and paid some fee. Nigerian police is not American police.
Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by Nomekemeke: 6:08am On Sep 03, 2020
Preach to them the word of God! Case closed
Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by smellingKPEKUS: 6:15am On Sep 03, 2020
bastard learn to mind your uselss business or give them 100k weekly and see if you will hear pim in that house again
Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by ojuu4u(m): 6:16am On Sep 03, 2020
Humanoid01:

This is beyond minding one's business oga. It's life that matters here. What about the kids? How do you expect them to cope? This is one of the things that turn people to monsters when they grow.

So the wife don't knw the way to police station, to oba palace, to her in law house. If she doesn't knw all these routes. She is supposed to knw her way to her own parents house.

A week ago one man stabbed to death for saying another man is sleeping with co- tenant wife.

A married woman is s mature woman, she know wen to take decisions. She took decision on her own wen she got married and open legs for drunkard.
Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by hustla(m): 6:18am On Sep 03, 2020
LegendsCoded:

I'm seeking for help on behalf of my neighbor's wife and her kids, her husband(our landlord) beats his wife and kids everyday(I mean 7 days a week nonstop). This man is usually drunk, I'm really concerned and really pained, as i type now he's beating his wife and has locked them out. I tried some Google searches but it's not helping. Please this woman and her kids needs help, but hat can be done.

Thanks

The wife sef should respect herself and move out

No be until person kill you before you get sense
Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by younglekky19: 6:21am On Sep 03, 2020
People should learn to mind thier business
Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by lokobyforch(m): 6:25am On Sep 03, 2020
Mind your business...
Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by IYANGBALI: 6:27am On Sep 03, 2020
Mind your business
Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by LadySarah: 6:28am On Sep 03, 2020
Gamezi:
Mind your business wink is a secret way to live a long happy life

Shut up!
Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by Nobody: 6:28am On Sep 03, 2020
You better mind your business. A police man in the compound who is in the right position to interfere in the matter did not do so. Its you that is now nosing around.

I'm not saying they shouldn't get help but my question is... Is the woman a baby?
Can't she do the reporting herself? Why you? She prolly doesn't want to report it for reasons known to her plus if she's really feeling the heat, she'll rise and do the needful but here you are...

If we had a working system here like the abroad, I would have suggested you call the cops on him but there's no way our naija police will respond without meeting you in person to at least drop something before coming and in the process of doing that, the husband will know its you. Then you're in for it.

To get a new house is expensive now for your info.

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by ojonugba2014(m): 6:29am On Sep 03, 2020
Learn how to mind your business, it will save you from problems in life I am talking from own personal experience.
Cheers
Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by Jimmyld231: 6:34am On Sep 03, 2020
LegendsCoded:

Thanks
. wan ja ni ilekeji ko kan aye

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 03, 2020
Talk to him and reason with him before you take actions. Tell him to be patient with his family
Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 03, 2020
Brachaa:
You better mind your business. A police man in the compound who is in the right position to interfere in the matter did not do so. Its you that is now nosing around.

I'm not saying they shouldn't get help but my question is... Is the woman a baby?
Can't she do the reporting herself? Why you? She prolly doesn't want to report it for reasons known to her plus if she's really feeling the heat, she'll rise and do the needful but here you are...

If we had a working system here like the abroad, I would have suggested you call the cops on him but there's no way our naija police will respond without meeting you in person to at least drop something before coming and in the process of doing that, the husband will know its you. Then you're in for it.

To get a new house is expensive now for your info.
The woman is not a baby agreed, but women consider other things that may make them to endure such abuse. eg poverty ie where will she go to? who will feed them etc. Advising the guy not to take action is not the best. What if the man ends up killing the woman? Will he ever forgive himself? To make matters worst, you are even a woman. When will you people learn to stand for one another?

4 Likes

Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by friday2011(m): 6:41am On Sep 03, 2020
Fxwarrior:

Which one is "call down"?

Na so... When person too talk trash.
Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 03, 2020
excellence44:

The woman is not a baby agreed, but women consider other things that may make them to endure such abuse. eg poverty ie where will she go to? who will feed them etc. Advising the guy not to take action is not the best. What if the man ends up killing the woman? Will he ever forgive himself? To make matters worst, you are even a woman. When will you people learn to stand for one another?

You dont get my point. Like I said, I'm not against her getting help. If it was a woman trying to do this, I'll understand but a guy?? Like you don't know he could be accused of sleeping with her.

How about if he advises the woman on how and where she can report the matter instead of taking up the case like a "hired lawyer"?
He can advise.

All I'm trying to say in a nutshell is for op to thread carefully and not in anyway discouraging him from rendering help to the abused woman. Let's apply wisdom in whatever we do to avoid getting burnt in trying to be helpful.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by Nobody: 6:47am On Sep 03, 2020
LegendsCoded:

There is a policeman living in the same compound ���‍♂️ angry undecided

Tell the police man his head is not correct.
Tell him he is a mad man.

What nonsense!

Make sure the policeman is not a SARS o.

On a more serious note if you can record the incident on either audio or video. Do so and go to any human right group tell them about it and beg them you don't want the foolish landlord to know it was you. They will take the matter once they have a proof. And they won't mention you even if it goes to court.

Do a recording either video or audio secretly.
Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by BarrSly: 6:47am On Sep 03, 2020
Superman it’s not your business!!!!!
Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by Incandescent(m): 6:55am On Sep 03, 2020
People saying it's not your business are so shallow and evil minded. They're probably abusers themselves or potential ones.

May your children not end up with abusers shocked

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 03, 2020
BarrSly:
Superman it’s not your business!!!!!

What if the woman is your daughter Or Sister.

Or are you the type that use to say such can never happen to my daughter.
Re: My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 03, 2020
Brachaa:

You dont get my point. Like I said, I'm not against her getting help. If it was a woman trying to do this, I'll understand but a guy?? Like you don't know he could be accused of sleeping with her.

How about if he advises the woman on how and where she can report the matter instead of taking up the case like a "hired lawyer"?
He can advise.

All I'm trying to say in a nutshell is for op to thread carefully and not in anyway discouraging him from rendering help to the abused woman. Let's apply wisdom in whatever we do to avoid getting burnt in trying to be helpful.
Nobody is saying that he should go there like a commando and rescue the woman. He can quietly do this without being noticed given the fact that the said abuser is also the landlord.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Behaviors To Avoid While Waiting To Marry / Man Names His Newborn Son 'Buhari' In Jos In Honour Of The President (Photo) / How Do You Reconcile With Your Partner After A Shouting Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.