Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship (51625 Views)

Photos Of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her Husband, Ikemba (Then Vs Now) / Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Takes The Coronavirus Hand Washing Challenge(VIDEO) / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala' Twitter Appointment: Reno Omokri Replies El-Rufai's Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by inumidun2010(m): 8:30am On Sep 04, 2020
NkemChukwudi:

Shut up, Ekwensu is already quoting you!

Tell me about the optimism in Ozubulu..... maybe there is something to learn from you.

I don’t have anything against your optimism and positive mindset, however Don’t EVER denigrate your own natural country or put down Nigeria because you want to go to Oyinbo land which will be HOSTILE to you especially as a black male.

Leave Nigeria if you must BUT don’t bad mouth your own country on your way out. Going abroad is a DEAD END for many many of our people (not all) but the fine pictures and the fine clothes are deceiving.

This Guy again... E be like say I go make you my friend ooooo since I can't run from you..
If you go to Ozubulu , You'll learn better.....
You use what you have to get what you need ( em not talking about crime here ooooo)...
I am not going there to impress anyone at home(God forbid).. I have a target and I know you have...
A typical Igbo guy does anything to make money, things other people look down on..
Secretly , he is a millionaire ( but he is wearing short and riding scooter)
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 04, 2020
aribisala0:

obviously
I am not sure I know what that word means anymore

I used the word obviously because from the article that was written the Korean guy who became the president of the World Bank won because He was Korean American. So he had the American backing. It is therefore obvious that if she wants to run for any international post, just being a Nigerian citizen alone does not cut the chase for her. She needs to be American too.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by NkemChukwudi: 9:51am On Sep 04, 2020
inumidun2010:

This Guy again... E be like say I go make you my friend ooooo since I can't run from you..
If you go to Ozubulu , You'll learn better.....
You use what you have to get what you need ( em not talking about crime here ooooo)...
I am not going there to impress anyone at home(God forbid).. I have a target and I know you have...
A typical Igbo guy does anything to make money, things other people look down on..
Secretly , he is a millionaire ( but he is wearing short and riding scooter)

Point of correction: I am not IGBO, I am a full blooded O’dua man (Abeokuta Dad, Mushin Mum). Born in Oyinbo land, raised in Mushin!
There is absolutely nothing special or peculiar to Igbos. In the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s the Yorubas controlled all aspects of the Nigerian economy but 1 generation later, our people became lazy and complacent creating massive inroads to Hungry Igbos! Now we are witnessing a takeover because Yorubas went to sleep collecting Rent!

I am happy about the bolded....but watch out for women...very beautiful abroad women who cones in different colours and shades (you’ll be blown away! by sheer beauty). Abroad is a constant wave and to achieve your evolving goals you must RESOLUTELY stay on top of the wave.
You must also be prepared to deal with RACISM, which basically means Whites First! Or White Power! Racism is a systemic structure which elevates the whites to the top of everything above blacks so don’t be surprised if an HND holder is your boss despite your PHD!

Your 1st Class will get you in but may not take you to the top or in leadership positions - that’s just how racism works.

Go anywhere but don’t denigrate Nigeria, that’s all I am saying.Nigeria is a wonderful country despite all the issues but you don’t realise this until you have spent some time abroad.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by inumidun2010(m): 10:20am On Sep 04, 2020
NkemChukwudi:

Point of correction: I am not IGBO, I am a full blooded O’dua man (Abeokuta Dad, Mushin Mum). Born in Oyinbo land, raised in Mushin!
There is absolutely nothing special or peculiar to Igbos. In the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s the Yorubas controlled all aspects of the Nigerian economy but 1 generation later, our people became lazy and complacent creating massive inroads to Hungry Igbos! Now we are witnessing a takeover because Yorubas went to sleep collecting Rent!

I am happy about the bolded....but watch out for women...very beautiful abroad women who cones in different colours and shades (you’ll be blown away! by sheer beauty). Abroad is a constant wave and to achieve your evolving goals you must RESOLUTELY stay on top of the wave.
You must also be prepared to deal with RACISM, which basically means Whites First! Or White Power! Racism is a systemic structure which elevates the whites to the top of everything above blacks so don’t be surprised if an HND holder is your boss despite your PHD!

Your 1st Class will get you in but may not take you to the top or in leadership positions - that’s just how racism works.

Go anywhere but don’t denigrate Nigeria, that’s all I am saying.Nigeria is a wonderful country despite all the issues but you don’t realise this until you have spent some time abroad.

NOTED.... Peace out
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by aribisala0(m): 10:43pm On Sep 04, 2020
AnonymousRebec:

I used the word obviously because from the article that was written the Korean guy who became the president of the World Bank won because He was Korean American. So he had the American backing. It is therefore obvious that if she wants to run for any international post, just being a Nigerian citizen alone does not cut the chase for her. She needs to be American too.
Obviously
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by nonslike: 12:21am On Sep 05, 2020
rentAcock:
Sad. Another one who has chosen to flee instead of fight.
Another Ivy league educated scholar who could change Nigeria for the better has decided to switch sides.
This is very sad, she will be remembered as a loser
She gave up because she lacks foresight

Me and my household will never flee or beg the white man for visa, greencard or citizenship. We will continue to fight and do all we can for the betterment of this country.

Will you kip kwayet?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by SavageResponse(m): 1:21am On Sep 05, 2020
rentAcock:
Another Ivy league educated scholar who could change Nigeria for the better has decided to switch sides.

Me and my household will never flee or beg the white man for visa, greencard or citizenship. We will continue to fight and do all we can for the betterment of this country.

So you concluded she lacks foresight just because she took American citizenship?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by juniorstar(m): 2:31am On Sep 05, 2020
the country is presently hanging on a cliff. but what do you expect when analog brain is ruling in the digital age. one step forward and 500 step backward!!!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Daewang: 4:12am On Sep 05, 2020
gwanggaeto:
grin

Emperor Gwanggaeto the Great

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Masterkernel1: 4:25am On Sep 05, 2020
rentAcock:

She will be remembered as loser? What's the definition of loser, or... Your dictionary isn't English?

A woman that bailed Nigeria out in her worst distress moment, the first Nigerian and African First woman to get to the position of World Bank Vice President and Twitter Board of Directors.

She has a right to seek citizenship anywhere, after all she didn't denounce Nigeria.

You can ask well refer to all the candidates to failure for having multiple citizenships.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 28, 2020
Ngozi Okonjo Iweala won. I told you she would. Why settle for hot dogs when you can have lobster.

Modified: I quoted the wrong person/post. Edited appropriately.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Chibok Girls Rescue: Military Deploys 2 Fighter Jets, 4 Helicopters In Gwoza / 100 Innoson Jeeps: Governor Ugwuanyi Trends Online / Youths Beat Jasper Ndubuaku, Chairman Imo Recovery Team (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.