Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,036 members, 7,810,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship (51617 Views)

Photos Of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her Husband, Ikemba (Then Vs Now) / Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Takes The Coronavirus Hand Washing Challenge(VIDEO) / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala' Twitter Appointment: Reno Omokri Replies El-Rufai's Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by johnmattew: 5:45pm On Sep 03, 2020
PassingShot:
Reading most of the comments here truly confirms that we are dealing with a lost generation of the Nigerian youths.
u said it all
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by johnmattew: 5:46pm On Sep 03, 2020
soleexx:
I bet you guys don't know its a very difficult task for a foreigner to pick up a Nigerian citizenship (naija passport)...

Well, you no go know, buts that's just the truth

Immigration will only renew your temporary permit for 10years or less before rhey consider you

Especially if you are white..
Nigerian citizenship is the hardest to become in the world
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Uchasa(m): 6:00pm On Sep 03, 2020
some people would still shout Igbo amaka for this little achievement.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by soleexx(m): 6:02pm On Sep 03, 2020
johnmattew:
Nigerian citizenship is the hardest to become in the world

A friend got married to a white American.. They relocated back to Nigeria for work purpose... After 6years + the lady never get opportunity to pickup her citizenship till now...

Not everyone will know this...

Nigerian Citizen No be beans
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by aribisala0(m): 6:07pm On Sep 03, 2020
AnonymousRebec:

Please just keep quiet. She didn't give up her Nigerian citizenship to become American. So she is still Nigerian. But obviously, if she still wants to run for those post in the future, she needs to have an American citizenship.

obviously
I am not sure I know what that word means anymore
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by gracechellar(f): 6:25pm On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:
Sad. Another one who has chosen to flee instead of fight.
Another Ivy league educated scholar who could change Nigeria for the better has decided to switch sides.
This is very sad, she will be remembered as a loser
She gave up because she lacks foresight

Me and my household will never flee or beg the white man for visa, greencard or citizenship. We will continue to fight and do all we can for the betterment of this country.

Goodluck!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by shoprite: 6:27pm On Sep 03, 2020
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship

Na that one sure pass jare cool
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by onlyson16(m): 6:49pm On Sep 03, 2020
post=93517891:

Hmmmmmmm, this is deep!
Only the wise can understand.
For a former presidential candidate in our nation,
This speaks volume.

God bless you so much for this.
And may God bless your parents for giving us a wise man like you.

We Rise!

Modify,
They won't even allow us to post in peace anymore!
Seun, Mynd44, Dominique, Justwise take note please!
Life is not that hard to be taken so serious and rigid!

#BringBackOurComment!!
We broke no rules here!
The lyrics of our song has to do with American citizenship,
His friend invited him to America,
And he said no, because he loves Nigeria!

So why all that?
what ar u doing now. for the betterment of nigeria....or is it just for mouth.. nonsense

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by aribisala0(m): 7:06pm On Sep 03, 2020
optimusprime2:

Fyi, the only Natural American's are the native American Indians, other than that... there are no natural American's.
The US is a country that rode on the back of immigration .
The "Native Americans" grew out of the soil?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by NkemChukwudi: 7:15pm On Sep 03, 2020
Lipscomb:
My position on this woman has always been tough. She is a rogue and born to rule mentality. She admired power than anything.

Her incompetence in some positions she held was another evidence that she is overweight individual. Okonjo iwella has been use by western world to exploit Africa. This woman send Nigeria to recession and till today we are yet to recover from recession.

I have never seen a situation whereby federal government borrow money to pay workers. During her tenure no improvement and she wasn't done anything spectacular.

Absolutely 100%!

I hate the woman like poo!

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by NkemChukwudi: 7:20pm On Sep 03, 2020
inumidun2010:
God , Please give me chance to leave this COUNTRY...I Promise never to RETURN again...
I can trade my NIGERIAN PASSPORT, BIRTH CERTIFICATE, WAEC, BSc for an AMERICAN CITIZENSHIP...
All those people that fought for our INDEPENDENCE never had POST INDEPENDENT plan for us... Now we CRY to GOD to HELP US..
GOD WILL JUST BE LOOKING AT US..... God bless you MA..

Many have said more than this but beg to return. When Oyinbo deal with you en you will remember that you came from somewhere. You ignoramuses think Oyinbo are waiting to welcome you with open arms, abi?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Henri8: 7:25pm On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:
Another Ivy league educated scholar who could change Nigeria for the better has decided to switch sides.

Me and my household will never flee or beg the white man for visa, greencard or citizenship. We will continue to fight and do all we can for the betterment of this country.

Super story. Where were you when she was giving her best to the ungrateful country?

Was it Nigerians she served that also accused her of embezzlement simply because she served under the last PDP administration.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by NkemChukwudi: 7:25pm On Sep 03, 2020
Atk1nson:

Oga, this is not patrotism, its folly.

The politicians themselves that run this country position their children to have a good life by sending them abroad, you are here talking what only you understand.

You better consider the future of your children and don;t let them wonder what their father was doing when other people fathers were sending them abroad for a better life.

All of you talking rubbish remember Oyinbo are not waiting to welcome you with open hands!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by LaboPolitics: 7:35pm On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

Stop deceiving your skull, even Buhari, Aisha, Yusuf buhari, and Zahra all have dual citizenships.

If you are offer Namibian citizenship, you'll grab it fast fast.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by inumidun2010(m): 7:35pm On Sep 03, 2020
NkemChukwudi:

Many have said more than this but beg to return. When Oyinbo deal with you en you will remember that you came from somewhere. You ignoramuses think Oyinbo are waiting to welcome you with open arms, abi?

Lols You think I'm going there to become a SECOND-CLASS CITIZEN?.... I'm using what I have to get what I want... Think Positive... Na person go there go bag FIRST CLASS.. Na this your mentality wey make ISRAELITES no wan leave EGYPT...
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by LaboPolitics: 7:41pm On Sep 03, 2020
NaMeAboki:
Sell out - not to be trusted with our national secrets.

Yusuf buhari, Zahra buhari, Senator Lawan, Gbajabiamila all have easier access to national secrets (that's if you even have any), yet they all have dual citizenships.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by johnmattew: 7:56pm On Sep 03, 2020
soleexx:

A friend got married to a white American.. They relocated back to Nigeria for work purpose... After 6years + the lady never get opportunity to pickup her citizenship till now...

Not everyone will know this...

Nigerian Citizen No be beans
it's extremely hard o.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Asianjollof007: 8:54pm On Sep 03, 2020
sweetjohn:
Go back to sleep, you are just an illiterate. Read you won't read, all you know is to run to comment on a topic that is too big for your small brain

Mr. literate with big brain, tfu there.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by iretemide(f): 9:44pm On Sep 03, 2020
sweetjohn:
Your brain is infested with maggots. And yet you are still complaining she took American citizen. This brainless woman, you don't know what you need. over and out
Bitter john how are you doing ?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by NaMeAboki: 10:22pm On Sep 03, 2020
LaboPolitics:

Yusuf buhari, Zahra buhari, Senator Lawan, Gbajabiamila all have easier access to national secrets (that's if you even have any), yet they all have dual citizenships.

Anyone with dual citizenship will have dual loyalty and therefore shouldn't be trusted with national secrets - without exception.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Babastrong(m): 10:34pm On Sep 03, 2020
I bought a galla and i was checking the expiring date.
the seller called my attention and said HEY! DO NOT BOTHER "NIGERIA HERSELF HAS EXPIRED"
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by OyinO: 10:49pm On Sep 03, 2020
whatmoreng:

Please can you name any country that was worst than Nigeria in time past? You will just sit and open ur mouth to saying any thing. How many countries have you been to? Even among some African countries, you cant compare how they live to what is obtainable in Nigeria.

Have you ever asked yourself why the condition of things ( economy, education, security, etc) are deteriorating down from each government? I know are leaders are bad but they are not the worst when compared to other world leaders and they are not cluelesss. Still they won't succeed because this country was designed to fail from the very beginning.

Go to school, you refused. Now take a good look at yourself. I don't have to visit a country before knowing their history. Dumb educated illiterate like you don't even know that we're in the INFORMATION ERA of info tech. If you're not informed, then you're deformed!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Forumobserver12(m): 12:32am On Sep 04, 2020
post=93517891:

Hmmmmmmm, this is deep!
Only the wise can understand.
For a former presidential candidate in our nation,
This speaks volume.

God bless you so much for this.
And may God bless your parents for giving us a wise man like you.

We Rise!

Modify,
They won't even allow us to post in peace anymore!
Seun, Mynd44, Dominique, Justwise take note please!
Life is not that hard to be taken so serious and rigid!

#BringBackOurComment!!
We broke no rules here!
The lyrics of our song has to do with American citizenship,
His friend invited him to America,
And he said no, because he loves Nigeria!

So why all that?

Why not direct your anger and disappointment to your president and his family, a leader that left his country and stay in UK for more than 100 days, don't forget that his wife recently went on shopping spray in Dubai whereas they are busy preaching buy Nigeria and grow Nigeria to us.

NOI can do as she pleases after all she's a private citizen and she's owns you nothing.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Nasrothschild1: 12:37am On Sep 04, 2020
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Eriggs: 1:10am On Sep 04, 2020
Forumobserver12:

NOI can do as she pleases after all she's a private citizen and she's owns you nothing.
but it is Because she owee you everything that makes you talk on her behalf? attention seeker
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Nobody: 6:06am On Sep 04, 2020
We have just lost another great citizen to the USA. This is not cool to the ear
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by whatmoreng: 6:59am On Sep 04, 2020
OyinO:

Go to school, you refused. Now take a good look at yourself. I don't have to visit a country before knowing their history. Dumb educated illiterate like you don't even know that we're in the INFORMATION ERA of info tech. If you're not informed, then you're deformed!
Stop living in the past. When people have no point, they result to insult. They rest of the world is years ahead, live with it.
Please stay off my mention. Until you name that country
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by OyinO: 7:13am On Sep 04, 2020
whatmoreng:

Stop living in the past. When people have no point, they result to insult. They rest of the world is years ahead, live with it.
Please stay off my mention. Until you name that country

You started the insults, and that means you're in the past, going by your own judgement.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by NkemChukwudi: 7:45am On Sep 04, 2020
inumidun2010:

Lols You think I'm going there to become a SECOND-CLASS CITIZEN?.... I'm using what I have to get what I want... Think Positive... Na person go there go bag FIRST CLASS.. Na this your mentality wey make ISRAELITES no wan leave EGYPT...

Me I dey there already.......mumu, YOU WILL be a 2nd class citizen because the system has been designed against you. You are currently operating on ignorance, bag 20 FIRST CLASS if you like. Even the last US president was racially attacked and stripped of power during his presidency so who are YOU?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by inumidun2010(m): 7:58am On Sep 04, 2020
NkemChukwudi:

Me I dey there already.......mumu, YOU WILL be a 2nd class citizen because the system has been designed against you. You are currently operating on ignorance, bag 20 FIRST CLASS if you like. Even the last US president was racially attacked and stripped of power during his presidency so who are YOU?

Your mentality made you a second class citizen... Y should I even argue with you sef... Chukwudi abi wetin u call yourself.. You are a Disgrace to IGBO, me wey be YORUBA sef respect how optimistic Igbo's could be when I served in ANAMBRA (Ozubulu).. And don't quote me again , Ekwensu will not quote you ooooo.,
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by NkemChukwudi: 8:11am On Sep 04, 2020
inumidun2010:

Your mentality made you a second class citizen... Y should I even argue with you sef... Chukwudi abi wetin u call yourself.. You are a Disgrace to IGBO, me wey be YORUBA sef respect how optimistic Igbo's could be when I served in ANAMBRA (Ozubulu).. And don't quote me again , Ekwensu will not quote you ooooo.,

Shut up, Ekwensu is already quoting you!

Tell me about the optimism in Ozubulu..... maybe there is something to learn from you.

I don’t have anything against your optimism and positive mindset, however Don’t EVER denigrate your own natural country or put down Nigeria because you want to go to Oyinbo land which will be HOSTILE to you especially as a black male.

Leave Nigeria if you must BUT don’t bad mouth your own country on your way out. Going abroad is a DEAD END for many many of our people (not all) but the fine pictures and the fine clothes are deceiving.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Tinubu Bow-Greeting Buhari (Picture): Slavery Or Respect? / NLC, TUC Suspend Strike / Hundreds of Borno youths join militia group to defend their communities(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.