Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship (51630 Views)

Photos Of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her Husband, Ikemba (Then Vs Now) / Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Takes The Coronavirus Hand Washing Challenge(VIDEO) / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala' Twitter Appointment: Reno Omokri Replies El-Rufai's Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by chaloskyx: 12:04pm On Sep 03, 2020
And you morons are still backing her.....guess who her first allegiance would be yes you guessed right the USA not Nigeria so all the support you are giving her is for show she is there to serve the interest of the US
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by optimusprime2(m): 12:22pm On Sep 03, 2020
lexy2014:

"However, this affected her when she ran for the president of the World Bank in 2012 because she was not backed by the US, losing the seat to Korean-American Jim Yong Kim."

But would a natural American need dual citizenship to view for d leadership of an international organization?

Fyi, the only Natural American's are the native American Indians, other than that... there are no natural American's.
The US is a country that rode on the back of immigration .
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Topmaike007(m): 12:28pm On Sep 03, 2020
MansoryMX:

is it the ancestral land that Chinese are coming to take any time from now
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Williemyself: 12:35pm On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:
Sad. Another one who has chosen to flee instead of fight.
Another Ivy league educated scholar who could change Nigeria for the better has decided to switch sides.
This is very sad, she will be remembered as a loser
She gave up because she lacks foresight

Me and my household will never flee or beg the white man for visa, greencard or citizenship. We will continue to fight and do all we can for the betterment of this country.

My brother suffer no d tire you?

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by whatmoreng: 12:50pm On Sep 03, 2020
Topmaike007:
Same way God is forgiving our parent too
Yes oooo. May God forgive them.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by emezuo17: 12:59pm On Sep 03, 2020
Opexzy:
Very good, everything is leading to her victory....
How Jonathan's administration ended being a complete fiasco with the likes of this woman and someone like Akinwunmi Adesina, still baffles me.
. If you call Jonathan's government a fiasco, what will you then call that of Buhari?

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by laiperi: 12:59pm On Sep 03, 2020
Please sir, mention one job she ever had in the private sector. Better still one country she has used that private company experience to turn around.

It is not your education but what you do with it. I have friends that graduated from Ogbete Market and can buy Ngozi.

id911:

She doesn't need it. She's extremely intelligent and the issue of not having foresight is only in your imagination. She's a financial and economic powerhouse recognized around the world. Not easy to graduate with Bsc and PhD in two most respected higher institutions of learning in the world, Harvard and MIT.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by OkuFaba(m): 1:04pm On Sep 03, 2020
jUeLiZ:
lol how much
how much you get anything can go
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by lexy2014: 1:06pm On Sep 03, 2020
optimusprime2:

Fyi, the only Natural American's are the native American Indians, other than that... there are no natural American's.
The US is a country that rode on the back of immigration .

I honestly don't no d correlation between what u said and d question I asked. D term "natural Americans" is my coinage I used to classify Americans, whether black or white, that have just a single citizenship which is their American citizenship with respect to d topic of discussion. If u didn't understand what I meant, u should have asked first
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 03, 2020
OkuFaba:
My Nigerian citizenship is for sale at a give away price, contact me if you get buyer
I jave a buyer but he wants bogof.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frankyychiji(f): 1:12pm On Sep 03, 2020
babaolofin:

You are a foolish and frustrated IBO man. It is the weakness of Buhari as a person and confusion and lack of strong will of the present government that gives your fraudulent people the audacity to have a voice in this government.
Your buhari is long dead. What you have there is a masked Sudanese. Even th real buhari was a serial failure just like your generation of Waste!

Kemi Yahoo can only run for now, she must rent a room in kuje and eat watery beans soon. Thief woman! Onye oshi!
Elepon jijo oshi!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 03, 2020
MZrapper:

It's either you don't have sense or you didn't read the report.
a i was looking for this comment, apparently many did not read before commenting trash

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by optimusprime2(m): 1:21pm On Sep 03, 2020
lexy2014:

I honestly don't no d correlation between what u said and d question I asked. D term "natural Americans" is my coinage I used to classify Americans, whether black or white, that have just a single citizenship which is their American citizenship with respect to d topic of discussion. If u didn't understand what I meant, u should have asked first
Then perhaps, you didn't understand my answer.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by lexy2014: 1:25pm On Sep 03, 2020
laiperi:
Please sir, mention one job she ever had in the private sector. Better still one country she has used that private company experience to turn around.

It is not your education but what you do with it. I have friends that graduated from Ogbete Market and can buy Ngozi.

NOI is an internationally recognised development ecomonist who had a 25year stint with d World Bank rising to become it's Managing Director. Are u trying to tell us that all that is irrelevant because she didn't work in d private sector?

Kindly explain this comment & how does it not fit Ngozi okonjo-iweala?:

"It is not your education but what you do with it."

Are u saying Ngozi okonjo-iweala didn't do anything with her education? What have u done with your education that qualifies u to question her credentials?

Who are ur friends that graduated from ogbete market that can buy Ngozi okonjo-iweala? Why is it your friends? Y not u? Aren't u as rich as your friends or didn't u graduate from ogbete market as well?

cc:id911
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by lexy2014: 1:27pm On Sep 03, 2020
optimusprime2:

Then perhaps, you didn't understand my answer.

I understand ur comment completely. I just don't see it's relevance or correlation to d topic of discussion or to d question I asked
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by RTSC: 1:39pm On Sep 03, 2020
Chimamanda adichie too uses a Nigerian passport as a matter of principle.

She can pick up american citizenship anytime she wants.

There are levels to this thing.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by WhizdomXX(m): 1:41pm On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:
Another Ivy league educated scholar who could change Nigeria for the better has decided to switch sides.

Me and my household will never flee or beg the white man for visa, greencard or citizenship. We will continue to fight and do all we can for the betterment of this country.
We need more of your type in this critical times.
Although getting the visa might still be a benefit in case of clampdowns by an autocratic regime.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by COMPAQ(m): 1:43pm On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

And what exactly have you done for Nigeria outside of nairaland and other social media outlets?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 03, 2020
I challenge her minions who always come here to defend her tenure as Nigeria's Prime Minister to also vex and take up American citizenship.

This woman supervised the wanton corruption under the i.mbecile called Jonathan.

She wrecked the economy for her western overlords.

Now, she has abandoned the country for her useful ediots to grapple with.

Ntooorrr...

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Xisnin(m): 2:00pm On Sep 03, 2020
airminem:
You are too young to know better than her. Shame on you too Xisnin for looking the other way sad Kiss the truth.
Your survival mode mindset is clouding your judgment.
She is a fairweather parasite who shouldn't represent Nigeria at any international body
especially WTO.
Too bad we can't withdraw her candidacy at this time.
An American should not be representing Nigeria as we know where
her loyalty lies.

It is impossible for an unenlightened person to understand my point.
So, if you still struggle with them, I can't help you further.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Harrykn: 2:11pm On Sep 03, 2020
whatmoreng:
Smart move it will boost her chance of winning too.

On a serious note. As a young man, being born a Nigerian is not your fault and not a crime, but if you allow your kids to be born a Nigerian too... Make God forgive you.
life is easy. When you go deep down villages and see that children there have no hope since birth, you will appreciate God for where you are now if thats not where you planned elder.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by tundess: 2:36pm On Sep 03, 2020
The definition of commitment.
And the West will try to foist this woman and the AfdB President as "presidential" material that they can work with bc they have been tested "internationally".
Cf Sirleaf-Johnson and other "technocrats" they vet and approve of. What did they end up doing to their country but sell them out ?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by KayCee92(m): 2:51pm On Sep 03, 2020
tysontim:

Taa I know if you get America citizenship you'll grab it with both hands

LOL... Talk is so cheap. Nobi only him and his children. Including his ancestors grin

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by KayCee92(m): 2:56pm On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

A poor man with intentions of good will is a sad man. grin
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by momove4real25(f): 4:39pm On Sep 03, 2020
OkuFaba:
My Nigerian citizenship is for sale at a give away price, contact me if you get buyer
you made my day already. Funny u

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by sweetjohn(m): 5:02pm On Sep 03, 2020
iretemide:

let them claim whatever citizen,they want as far as I'm concerned,when they all had the power to change this Country for better, they did little.
Even the position too may not even have any effect on our Economy.
So what's the fuss all about

Changer ko changer ni.
The change she could not achieve when she was part of government
Your brain is infested with maggots. And yet you are still complaining she took American citizen. This brainless woman, you don't know what you need. over and out
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by sweetjohn(m): 5:04pm On Sep 03, 2020
Asianjollof007:
After una spoil nigeria finish, they'll use the money gotten from that crumbled country to acquire citizenship of a well-built country. All these naija politicians no go die well, if dem no build america well una go like am?
Go back to sleep, you are just an illiterate. Read you won't read, all you know is to run to comment on a topic that is too big for your small brain
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by ocelot2006(m): 5:16pm On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

When she stayed and fought, was she not insulted? Abeg, I support 1000%. After all this country called naija ain't worth it AT ALL!!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by id911(m): 5:32pm On Sep 03, 2020
lexy2014:

NOI is an internationally recognised development ecomonist who had a 25year stint with d World Bank rising to become it's Managing Director. Are u trying to tell us that all that is irrelevant because she didn't work in d private sector?

Kindly explain this comment & how does it not fit Ngozi okonjo-iweala?:

"It is not your education but what you do with it."

Are u saying Ngozi okonjo-iweala didn't do anything with her education? What have u done with your education that qualifies u to question her credentials?

Who are ur friends that graduated from ogbete market that can buy Ngozi okonjo-iweala? Why is it your friends? Y not u? Aren't u as rich as your friends or didn't u graduate from ogbete market as well?

cc:id911
Sir, you wasted your precious time and energy trying to lecture him. I don't bother to activate my reply button on such individual

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Youths Beat Jasper Ndubuaku, Chairman Imo Recovery Team (Photos) / Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque / Omar Farouq: Teenager Convicted Of Blasphemy In Kano Jets Out Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.