Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,318 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship (51629 Views)

Photos Of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her Husband, Ikemba (Then Vs Now) / Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Takes The Coronavirus Hand Washing Challenge(VIDEO) / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala' Twitter Appointment: Reno Omokri Replies El-Rufai's Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by RPirez: 7:45am On Sep 03, 2020
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by rxmusa(m): 7:45am On Sep 03, 2020
Oboi
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Iwanttoto: 7:45am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:
Sad. Another one who has chosen to flee instead of fight.
Another Ivy league educated scholar who could change Nigeria for the better has decided to switch sides.
This is very sad, she will be remembered as a loser
She gave up because she lacks foresight

Me and my household will never flee or beg the white man for visa, greecard or citizenship. We will continue to fight and do all we can for the betterment of this country.

Taa. Sharrap dia. Wia u and your household want see money to flee? Abeg shut it

15 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by ThatFairGuy1: 7:45am On Sep 03, 2020
They won her eventually. I commend her, she has fought. I'll like her to withdraw the citizenship after her victory
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Kingrefreshed: 7:45am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:
Another Ivy league educated scholar who could change Nigeria for the better has decided to switch sides.

Me and my household will never flee or beg the white man for visa, greecard or citizenship. We will continue to fight and do all we can for the betterment of this country.

Yeah you will die here wretched and almajirically cool cool

14 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by WOCKHARDI(m): 7:46am On Sep 03, 2020
If the Military hadn't truncated the First Republic and things fell apart, Nigeria would have been a very developed country and the envy of other countries. What will I be needing dual citizenship for?
I weep for my beloved country.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

Look at who's talking about foresight?

The country Nigeria, does it has foresight?

What would you be remembered for? Renting a cock or saying trash online.?

17 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by freeborn02: 7:46am On Sep 03, 2020
sapphiere:
Naija don tire person

You didn't read before commenting. It's annoying

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by VEXT: 7:46am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

Who be this one? Even Buhari is tired of Nigeria.... Nigeria a country filled up with religious bigot and no development .... No way!!

16 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Xano(m): 7:46am On Sep 03, 2020
Congratulations Ma.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Naijabad: 7:47am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

You neither have the opportunity nor the money.
If you do, you will flee.

The thing holding Nigeria can never be broken.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Mayflowa(m): 7:47am On Sep 03, 2020
She resisted the urge for a long time to take up the citizenship. This one is purely strategic. Now she can pay tax to the US and swear allegiance to US interest

12 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by PassingShot(m): 7:48am On Sep 03, 2020
Reading most of the comments here truly confirms that we are dealing with a lost generation of the Nigerian youths.

4 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by freeborn02: 7:48am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

Another dumb comment. Dead rotten brain commenting without reading. Looks like nairaland has become a place where idiots congregate

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

Please just keep quiet. She didn't give up her Nigerian citizenship to become American. So she is still Nigerian. But obviously, if she still wants to run for those post in the future, she needs to have an American citizenship.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by KingAzari: 7:49am On Sep 03, 2020
sapphiere:
Naija don tire person

Read!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by NwaIgboBoy(m): 7:49am On Sep 03, 2020
Igbo the best tribe

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by rexel99: 7:50am On Sep 03, 2020
Sense wan kill this woman. We de queue behind, we sef go soon collect our own because with the way this country go ehn.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Oracleforce: 7:50am On Sep 03, 2020
sapphiere:

https://dailypost.ng/2020/09/03/wto-ngozi-okonjo-iweala-takes-up-american-citizenship/

If Ngozi Okojo-WAHALA can hussle to take an American citizen, how much more me...and some people will say traveling abroad is a waste because they don't have what it takes....
If you yoke with goats, grasses and rotten foods will perpetually be your foods.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by iretemide(f): 7:51am On Sep 03, 2020
tysontim:

Taa I know if you get America citizenship you'll grab it with both hands

let them claim whatever citizen,they want as far as I'm concerned,when they all had the power to change this Country for better, they did little.
Even the position too may not even have any effect on our Economy.
So what's the fuss all about

Changer ko changer ni.
The change she could not achieve when she was part of government

6 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by freeborn02: 7:51am On Sep 03, 2020
Wahala90:

is a hypocrite. He intentionally ignores information that exposes buhari's government to be corrupt.

Small time now, he will start cursing corrupt people, not knowing he is cursing himself

19 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by soleexx(m): 7:51am On Sep 03, 2020
I bet you guys don't know its a very difficult task for a foreigner to pick up a Nigerian citizenship (naija passport)...

Well, you no go know, buts that's just the truth

Immigration will only renew your temporary permit for 10years or less before rhey consider you

Especially if you are white..

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by optimusprime2(m): 7:51am On Sep 03, 2020
Mma, you wasted time... You should have done this siiiiiince... if you did this, that world bank position of 2012 would have been yours.

Anyway well done ma.

Fact: for those who don't know, if she wanted to, she could have become an American citizen as far back as the 80's/90's. Her choosing to become a citizen of the US now is purely strategic... Her stronger alliance's and connection base are in the US and she can only maximize certain advantages fully if she was an American citizen.
Just imagine the American government also putting weight on mama's bid for the wto position.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Vulcanheph(m): 7:53am On Sep 03, 2020
OkuFaba:
My Nigerian citizenship is for sale at a give away price, contact me if you get buyer

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by tonyson010(m): 7:53am On Sep 03, 2020
tysontim:

Taa I know if you get America citizenship you'll grab it with both hands

Dual citizenship doesn't mean she is running from Nigeria. It is DUAL that is Nigerian and American at same time.

Some people have more self.

God help her to win this WTO contest.

10 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Asianjollof007: 7:53am On Sep 03, 2020
After una spoil nigeria finish, they'll use the money gotten from that crumbled country to acquire citizenship of a well-built country. All these naija politicians no go die well, if dem no build america well una go like am?

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Guyman02: 7:54am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

6 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by anonimi: 7:54am On Sep 03, 2020
sapphiere:
Naija don tire person

Even the Oga at the top and his partner in the other room are tired, always leaving us in the rotten situation, they created and are responsible for, as they chill for months in London and Dubai.
How did we end up like this

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3773720_c_jpegb64ec3ea372d1d8674886470b02116de

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4908965_fbimg1487051344892_jpeg317b6ef034fe258e0ed793a28281a452

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by maasoap(m): 7:54am On Sep 03, 2020
MZrapper:

It's either you don't have sense or you didn't read the report.

It looks like she is still after the world bank president position.
Nigeria’s former finance minister worked in the US for well over 25 years without taking up its citizenship.

However, this affected her when she ran for the president of the World Bank in 2012 because she was not backed by the US, losing the seat to Korean-American Jim Yong Kim.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by MajorOvakporaye(f): 7:54am On Sep 03, 2020
post=93517879:
Wow!

A one time Presidential candidate in our darling country!!!

For a former presidential candidate in our nation,
This speaks volume.

We can only sing to this one,
God bless Nigeria.

*singing*

And it's network on this
Alleluyah boyz

I get plenty cars for lokoja
Who ask you
Na me wan just dey use leg waka
Who ask you
My guys dey beg me to come yankee,
Who ask you
I nor wan go, I too like Naija
Who ask you

Davido and Tuface wan dey this song
Who ask you
But I nor need person to spoil my song
Who ask you

YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS SENSELESS!!!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by lexy2014: 7:54am On Sep 03, 2020
sapphiere:

https://dailypost.ng/2020/09/03/wto-ngozi-okonjo-iweala-takes-up-american-citizenship/

"However, this affected her when she ran for the president of the World Bank in 2012 because she was not backed by the US, losing the seat to Korean-American Jim Yong Kim."

But would a natural American need dual citizenship to vie for d leadership of an international organization?

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Grace001: 7:54am On Sep 03, 2020
Even the elites are going for dual citizenship, and some frustrated people will discourage those that have the opportunity to japa. Awon enemy of progress , be as I be “da bi mo se da

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Youths Beat Jasper Ndubuaku, Chairman Imo Recovery Team (Photos) / Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque / Omar Farouq: Teenager Convicted Of Blasphemy In Kano Jets Out Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.