Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,976 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship (51621 Views)

Photos Of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her Husband, Ikemba (Then Vs Now) / Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Takes The Coronavirus Hand Washing Challenge(VIDEO) / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala' Twitter Appointment: Reno Omokri Replies El-Rufai's Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by tayotheplug: 10:24am On Sep 03, 2020
Imagine .

Na wetin human being turn person to them ho use abuse you
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Kris25: 10:24am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:
Sad. Another one who has chosen to flee instead of fight.
Another Ivy league educated scholar who could change Nigeria for the better has decided to switch sides.
This is very sad, she will be remembered as a loser
She gave up because she lacks foresight

Me and my household will never flee or beg the white man for visa, greencard or citizenship. We will continue to fight and do all we can for the betterment of this country.

Which country? Fight? What are you fighting for ? Some fight are not just worth it...
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 03, 2020
gji3ec1:
cool congrats mama.. I hope you clinch that ticket! Nigerians making waves[/color][/b]

Please, is Ambassador Yonov Frederick Agah the initial nominee of Nigeria whose name was substituted for madam Okonjo Iweala also of dual citizenship? Yonov resembles eastern European's name.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frog12: 10:28am On Sep 03, 2020
that's WHY she is RUNNING AWAY grin grin grin grin

Jaqenhghar:

You know she has cobwebs and is corrupt yet you want her to come build your country. SMH
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frog12: 10:30am On Sep 03, 2020
the MAN na JOS or ADAMAWA man. some people dey use RUSSIAN name. like VLADIMIR the vampire!

babaolofin:

Please, is Ambassador Yonov Frederick Agah the initial nominee of Nigeria whose name was substituted for madam Okonjo Iweala also of dual citizenship? Yonov resembles eastern European's name.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 03, 2020
frankyychiji:
Didn't Kemi Yahoo Yahoo, a British citizen become minister in Nigeria?

You are a foolish and frustrated IBO man. It is the weakness of Buhari as a person and confusion and lack of strong will of the present government that gives your fraudulent people the audacity to have a voice in this government.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by preciousMI1(f): 10:37am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:
Another Ivy league educated scholar who could change Nigeria for the better has decided to switch sides.

Me and my household will never flee or beg the white man for visa, greencard or citizenship. We will continue to fight and do all we can for the betterment of this country.

Same here... I can visit o but not to base ...I pray for a better Nigeria everyday...
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 03, 2020
frog12:
the MAN na JOS or ADAMAWA man. some people dey use RUSSIAN name. like VLADIMIR the vampire!

The man is a true Nigerian.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by NaMeAboki: 10:38am On Sep 03, 2020
frankyychiji:
You mean the secret of northern governors sponsoring Boko Haram?

Typical idiocy and bigotry.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by ebuclassic18(m): 10:42am On Sep 03, 2020
mama I don't belong here take me out from here
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Jaqenhghar: 10:44am On Sep 03, 2020
frog12:
that's WHY she is RUNNING AWAY grin grin grin grin

Who said she is running away? Was it not your president that endorsed her for one position like that? You mean she has not set foot in Nigeria since she stepped down? My guy dey reason matter abeg
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Nasrothschild1: 10:50am On Sep 03, 2020
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frog12: 10:51am On Sep 03, 2020
then she should come and RUN for PRESIDENT. we go support her.

Jaqenhghar:

Who said she is running away? Was it not your president that endorsed her for one position like that? You mean she has not set foot in Nigeria since she stepped down? My guy dey reason matter abeg
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Topmaike007(m): 10:52am On Sep 03, 2020
MansoryMX:

Bro no running. You wan run away from your ancestral lands? No na. You stand and fight for it.
which ancestral land?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by AmeLonRo(m): 10:52am On Sep 03, 2020
MansoryMX:
If by now you don’t see the hand writing written boldly on the wall about the future of this country then i pity you. Nigeria has to experience a revolution, another deadly and bloody civil war where natives will fight foreign nomads invaders to protect their ancestral lands, to protect their religious beliefs. It’s only a matter of time. We are being caged gradually, we are being invaded by nomads gradually and a lot prominent people have foreseen this, so many have sent their families away overseas if you look closely.The big question is do you choose to fight or flee? As for me I am not coward! We die here!
Nigeria will be fixed by its Maker very soon.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by CaptainFM1: 10:53am On Sep 03, 2020
tysontim:

Taa I know if you get America citizenship you'll grab it with both hands

He will add legs to support it.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by ludd2018: 10:55am On Sep 03, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
They won her eventually. I commend her, she has fought. I'll like her to withdraw the citizenship after her victory

And revert to zoogeria ? No way . Rather let her waite until Biafra comes . Nigeria is dead and evil
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Jaqenhghar: 10:58am On Sep 03, 2020
frog12:
then she should come and RUN for PRESIDENT. we go support her.

Who is we? Una never support Sowore finish na NOI una want support.audio support
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by BreconHills(m): 11:02am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

Dual citizenship does not amount to fleeing. Truth is, it is the returning diaspora that remain Nigeria's best or even final hope. Overseas remittances are earning Nigeria more than crude oil yy-yy. I am in Nigeria but I salute our diaspora who fly the flag and do not forget home and family.

Ngozi has got this. It's the last piece in a powerful well supported repertoire.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by freeborn02: 11:02am On Sep 03, 2020
proeast:

Honestly, I'm shocked at the all the ridiculous and ignorant posts that litter this thread.

Lol, they are all crying blood and pouring spit everywhere because they heard that Ngozi Okonjo Iweala took up American citizenship grin grin

They felt she has abandoned them to their hopeless situation in a hellish Nigeria, and thus has betrayed them grin grin

Lol, having dual citizenship is almost normal with people of her status. I'm even surprised she wasn't an American citizen until now despite having schooled and worked there for donkey years and all connections and influence there.

LWKMD, Nigerians are funny people indeed. I don't know if it's a lack of proper education, enlightenment or biting hunger that is making many people to reason so myopically shocked shocked

I think it's a combination of all

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by MansoryMX(m): 11:03am On Sep 03, 2020
Topmaike007:
which ancestral land?

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by id911(m): 11:03am On Sep 03, 2020
frog12:
you are LAUGHABLE. who tell you say na DOWNGRADE.
AMERICAN EVEN wan remove ADESINA. NA DOWNGRADE BE DAT OR POTENTIAL!!
I know she supported Adesina but she lacks FORESIGHT, so she miss the position.

YOUR THINKING IS BAD.

She doesn't need it. She's extremely intelligent and the issue of not having foresight is only in your imagination. She's a financial and economic powerhouse recognized around the world. Not easy to graduate with Bsc and PhD in two most respected higher institutions of learning in the world, Harvard and MIT.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by airminem(f): 11:06am On Sep 03, 2020
You are too young to know better than her. Shame on you too Xisnin for looking the other way sad Kiss the truth.
Xisnin:

This is rare coming from a Nigerian.
You are one of the few that understand the value of patriotism.

Shame on Ngozi for picking up a useless citizenship.
I would have understood her a bit if she was a young girl still pursuing her dreams.

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

What happened when she was in Nigeria as finance minister?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by oglalasioux(m): 11:15am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

You can stay and fight but give your generation a favour and let them leave if you've got the chance. This country is not getting better in the next 50 years. You and I know that.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Arnoldo(m): 11:23am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

The most stupid comment on this thread
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frog12: 11:24am On Sep 03, 2020
SOWORE has nothing to OFFER.
WHEN he gets there, he will distribute LIKE the OTHERS.

Jaqenhghar:

Who is we? Una never support Sowore finish na NOI una want support.audio support
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frog12: 11:26am On Sep 03, 2020
NONSENSE! SMART MY MOUTH. And she BORROWED to pay GOVERNMENT SALARIES embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
SO she doesn't need the WTO position too?

I see people like you like to BRAG a lot. I have MERCEDES BENZ, do you know who I am. hahahhaha... What can she OFFER? What has she OFFERED? That's what's IMPORTANT.
Adesina can say he HELPED AFRICA with LOANS BUT can OKONJO-IWEALA do the same?

HAHAHAHHAHA

id911:

She doesn't need it. She's extremely intelligent and the issue of not having foresight is only in your imagination. She's a financial and economic powerhouse recognized around the world. Not easy to graduate with Bsc and PhD in two most respected higher institutions of learning in the world, Harvard and MIT.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by AreaFada2: 11:32am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

Well, she came to help twice. Negotiated cancellation of our debt. Yet, the hatred for Jonathan who believe they own the cesspit of Lord Lugard, was extended to her.

Don't be a hypocritical hater. If you even smell a Western passport, you will trace the smell like a rat for miles to search for it.

You do not beg for Western passports. If you have earned it with good behavior, you apply and you get it. No bribery, no corruption, no nepotism or tribalism.

Many of us holders of one, two or three foreign citizenships. And you travel worldwide with far more dignity. Kiss the truth.
Dr NOI even tried to have waited for so long. I never waited that long.

All those your political misleaders you defend on NL, their kids and grandkids are already foreign citizens. If 9ja scatters today they have no care in the in the world. Their kids and money are abroad.

Be dulling there. shocked
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Felicity0001: 11:49am On Sep 03, 2020
post=93517955:

Hmmmmmmm, this is deeper!!
Only the wise people can understand your post Mr Reuben.
Hmmmmm...........
Politics and Diplomatic issues are more deeper than what you and other of your fable minds likes see.

That woman is a woman of integrity, she simply don't want to make a 2nd mistake for her dream. So keep quiet if you don't understand the move of a king on the chess board.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frog12: 11:54am On Sep 03, 2020
let HER continue DREAMING. TO pull this WTO DG position for HER, she will have to SELL everything in her house.
hahahhahahha

Felicity0001:

Politics and Diplomatic issues are more deeper than what you and other of your fable minds likes see.

That woman is a woman of integrity, she simply don't want to make a 2nd mistake for her dream. So keep quiet if you don't understand the move of a king on the chess board.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Gloriagee(f): 11:58am On Sep 03, 2020
Yen, yen, yen, yen

Live and let live. Her life, her choices, her dual citizenship. For 25 years, she stuck by your annoying country.

NOI, u can do no wrong. Strong black woman.❤

rentAcock:

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Blessing Anyim Is Not My Daughter - Anyim Pius Anyim / We Didn’t Grant Atiku Visa Says American Embassy - Independent.ng / Zahra Buhari, Her Parents And Her Father-in Law In New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.