Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,574 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? (17369 Views)

Why Is Islam Afraid Of Atheism (and Apostasy)? / Bidha And Sin In Islam / Artificial Insemination To Get A Child: Is It A Sin In Islam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by Canberra55: 7:57am On Sep 05, 2020
If your religion is not from Satan the devil and the same religion allows the killing of a person that leaves Islam, I want you to give simple, clear answers to these questions: 1) How do you explain what the Quran says "There is no compulsion in religion (Sarah 2:256)"? Please don't tell me the message in that verse is taken out of context or the verse only applies to Mohammed times because the Islam of his era remains the same today and appatates are still being killed in Islamic countries today.

(2) In the world today we have Christians, Hindus, bhuddists etc leaving their religions to join Islam. My question : if their respective religions had laws that say THEY MUST BE KILLED FOR LEAVING THEIR ORIGINAL RELIGIONS, how would they have had the chance to become Islams if they were killed ?

(3) The Quran, in Surah 48:2 clearly says "...Allah may forgive Mohammed's PAST AND FUTURE SINS .... "
clearly lets us know that Mohammed was a man that committed sins during his lifetime while Sarah 19:19 also tells us that JESUS IS SINLESS.

QUESTION : WHY DO MUSLIMS STILL BELIEVE THAT MOHAMMED WAS THE GREATEST MAN TO EVER WALK THIS PLANET ?

ALSO, WHY do Muslims choose to follow a sinful man ( Mohammed) as an example to model their lives after when they could have chosen A SINLESS MAN in Jesus?

thank you and God bless. Please make sure you use your brain : think before answering.

Lukgaf:
The ruling of execution because of a word that somebody utters is what the Muslim scholars call al-riddah (apostasy).
What is apostasy and what constitutes apostasy?
What is the ruling on the apostate (al-murtadd)?

"Islam is a true religion not like a shop or store which a person can enter when he wants and leave when he wants, thus encouraging others to forsake the truth."

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/20327/why-is-the-apostate-to-be-executed-in-islam
Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by Lukgaf(m): 2:03pm On Sep 05, 2020
Unfortunately your questions did not seem to be from someone that wish to learn. Even if I answer all of these your questions, you will still not be objective in your judgement. So, why should I waste my precious time engaging you?
Canberra55:

If your religion is not from Satan the devil and the same religion allows the killing of a person that leaves Islam, I want you to give simple, clear answers to these questions: 1) How do you explain what the Quran says "There is no compulsion in religion (Sarah 2:256)"? Please don't tell me the message in that verse is taken out of context or the verse only applies to Mohammed times because the Islam of his era remains the same today and appatates are still being killed in Islamic countries today.

(2) In the world today we have Christians, Hindus, bhuddists etc leaving their religions to join Islam. My question : if their respective religions had laws that say THEY MUST BE KILLED FOR LEAVING THEIR ORIGINAL RELIGIONS, how would they have had the chance to become Islams if they were killed ?

(3) The Quran, in Surah 48:2 clearly says "...Allah may forgive Mohammed's PAST AND FUTURE SINS .... "
clearly lets us know that Mohammed was a man that committed sins during his lifetime while Sarah 19:19 also tells us that JESUS IS SINLESS.

QUESTION : WHY DO MUSLIMS STILL BELIEVE THAT MOHAMMED WAS THE GREATEST MAN TO EVER WALK THIS PLANET ?

ALSO, WHY do Muslims choose to follow a sinful man ( Mohammed) as an example to model their lives after when they could have chosen A SINLESS MAN in Jesus?

thank you and God bless. Please make sure you use your brain : think before answering.

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by true2god: 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2020
Lukgaf:
Unfortunately your questions did not seem to be from someone that wish to learn. Even if I answer all of these your questions, you will still not be objective in your judgement. So, why should I waste my precious time engaging you?
Simply say you dont have an answer to his questions.

1 Like

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by Canberra55: 5:06pm On Sep 05, 2020
I know your religion don't allow you to ask questions or reason with your head (Surah 5:101) . Because you don't have an answer to my questions and you don't wanna admit it , you just decided to use TAQEEYAH on me by lying so that your other gullible Muslim friends won't see how baseless your religion is... THE SO-CALLED RELIGION OF PEACE THAT WILL NOT ALLOW APOSTATES LIVE THEIR IN LIFE IN PEACE. My brother please wake up and denounce Mohammed and Allah and your shahada. Seek Jesus Christ and receive life eternal. Goodnight.
Lukgaf:
Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by Canberra55: 8:58pm On Sep 05, 2020
Abdunzhaleel:

Brother you shouldn't talk like this if you're truly a Muslim. A Muslim is any person who submits to the will of Allah and his prophet in matters whether or not his mind is in agreement to what he is being Ordered by Allah. So far the command comes from Allah and his messenger, we must follow ! Allah says:

Al-Ahzab 33:36

وَمَا كَانَ لِمُؤْمِنٍ وَلَا مُؤْمِنَةٍ إِذَا قَضَى ٱللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُۥٓ أَمْرًا أَن يَكُونَ لَهُمُ ٱلْخِيَرَةُ مِنْ أَمْرِهِمْۗ وَمَن يَعْصِ ٱللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُۥ فَقَدْ ضَلَّ ضَلَٰلًا مُّبِينًا

It is not for a believing man or a believing woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decided a matter, that they should [thereafter] have any choice about their affair. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger has certainly strayed into clear error.

A Muslim is supposed to be like this:

Al-Baqarah 2:285
سمعنا و عطعنا
" We hear and we obey. "

Simply said, Allah gave you a brain but told you not to use it. Hmmmm
Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by Canberra55: 9:00pm On Sep 05, 2020
sulasa07:

You left and you are alive n well,who came for your head?

.Go to Kano or Sokoto. No that time you go know the real Muslims.
Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by Canberra55: 9:09pm On Sep 05, 2020
Abdunzhaleel:

Al-Ma'idah 5:32

ُۥ مَن قَتَلَ نَفْسًۢا بِغَيْرِ نَفْسٍ أَوْ فَسَادٍ فِى ٱلْأَرْضِ فَكَأَنَّمَا قَتَلَ ٱلنَّاسَ جَمِيعًا وَمَنْ أَحْيَاهَا فَكَأَنَّمَآ أَحْيَا ٱلنَّاسَ جَمِيعًاۚ وَلَقَدْ جَآءَتْهُمْ رُسُلُنَا بِٱلْبَيِّنَٰتِ ثُمَّ إِنَّ كَثِيرًا مِّنْهُم بَعْدَ ذَٰلِكَ فِى ٱلْأَرْضِ لَمُسْرِفُونَ

whoever kills a soul( Muslims,Christians and others) unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors.

How do you deliberately avoid quoting all the full verse? Must you play Taqiya all your life? Be 100 for once. You're just posting only half of the verse that sounds beautiful and deliberately ignoring the fact it says about Israelites.
Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by Canberra55: 9:15pm On Sep 05, 2020
Lukgaf:
Yes, there is no compulsion in religion before joining. But immediately you join the religion, you have accepted all the rulings including to be punished when you commit apostasy

Are you normally courageous enough to warn them about it before they accept Islam.? What kind of Allah commands you to worship IT even when you don't feel like continuing? I don't understand how you can force people into a continual worship of what they don't like.
Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by chuose2: 6:04am On Sep 06, 2020
motayoayinde:
STOP THE LIES KADARIA IS STILL A MUSLIM.
THIS LIE HAS BEEN BUSTED.

Whether she changed or not , is not the point

The point is the threat of death the religion of peace gives
Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by Abdunzhaleel: 9:48am On Sep 06, 2020
Canberra55:

How do you deliberately avoid quoting all the full verse? Must you play Taqiya all your life? Be 100 for once. You're just posting only half of the verse that sounds beautiful and deliberately ignoring the fact it says about Israelites.
Allah won't mention anything in the Quran except it's beneficial for us and wants us to derrive lessons from it!
Anthing mentioned in the Quran applies to us except proven otherwise from the Quran and hadith! So bring your proof that we muslims are exempted!
Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by Xmuslim: 4:02pm On Sep 07, 2020
abdsamad:

This thing doesn't need to be so controversial.
You're no longer a muslim and that should be okay.
As long as it is a honest and well thought out decision. Same goes for those who choose to become or remain muslim.

I don't know what anyone's judgement will be, not mine and not yours. I don't think I'm better than you because I'm a muslim. If we can refrain from insulting one another, if we can respect each other then we would have more common ground

I don't enjoy much back and forth either. But fighting bad idea is a must for us human.

I don't care if anyone is a Muslim or non Muslim. But bad idea in the religion is what I am against. Killing someone that abuse one desert Arab man that died 1400+ years ago is a bad idea and it is not good for our society as a human.
Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by Xmuslim: 4:07pm On Sep 07, 2020
Abdunzhaleel:
Allah won't mention anything in the Quran except it's beneficial for us and wants us to derrive lessons from it!
Anthing mentioned in the Quran applies to us except proven otherwise from the Quran and hadith! So bring your proof that we muslims are exempted!
as usual you dodge the question grin

I once asked you if you believe in killing non Muslims in Nigeria (if the Islamic conditions are all met which is muslim leader and the command from him that you should fight) and rape their wives and daughters like Muhammad did in the past.

You did not reply. Are you ashamed of Muhammad or what? Or you don't want sharia in Nigeria?
Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by abdsamad(m): 7:36pm On Sep 07, 2020
Xmuslim:

I don't enjoy much back and forth either. But fighting bad idea is a must for us human.

I don't care if anyone is a Muslim or non Muslim. But bad idea in the religion is what I am against. Killing someone that abuse one desert Arab man that died 1400+ years ago is a bad idea and it is not good for our society as a human.

We're on the same page so far. Though I wouldn't say it's a bad idea. A bad idea is when you eat meatpie from the previous night despite the fact that it tastes funny.
Killing someone for apostasy is up there with things that are insane and terrifying. Especially when the persons behind it think they're doing God's work.

1 Like

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by FILEBE(m): 8:43pm On Sep 07, 2020
Lukgaf:
Yes, there is no compulsion in religion before joining. But immediately you join the religion, you have accepted all the rulings including to be punished when you commit apostasy

You know you this is scary right? Reading the topic and the content just raises more doubt than answers. Really, it does. For all Muslims out there.It does.
Who are we to judge for God? Who are we?

The Quran does not allow Muslims to punish those who leave Islam to join another religion. The punishment for apostates is with God alone.

The Quran states:

But those who reject Faith after they accepted it, and then go on adding to their defiance of Faith, never will their repentance be accepted; for they are those who have gone astray. (Quran 3:90)

Make you no excuses: you have rejected Faith after you had accepted it. If We pardon some of you, We will punish others amongst you, for that they are in sin. (Quran 9:66)

He who disbelieves in Allah after his having believed, not he who is compelled while his heart is at rest on account of faith, but he who opens (his) breast to disbelief, on these is the wrath of Allah, and they shall have a grievous chastisement. (Quran 16:106)

Why should we just find it easy to kill? Let Almighty do the judging
Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by AbdulSleeky: 4:56am On Sep 20, 2020
Rilwayne001:
The TRUTH never need FORCE to validate itself. You don't need to enforce anyone to validate the truth. Hence 'THERE'S NO COMPULSION IN RELIGION'.

The ruling on killing those who leave Islam in a generally Islamic State makes sense, albeit for the sole reason he tries to spread his cancer amongst other Ummah. But in this case, nothing of such is evident.

And killing a mad man for his madness doesn't help him or give him second chance. And even so, an insult to the attributes of a supreme GOD. Because God Almighty in beyond all these petty things. Only the human mind would bring itself this low.

How did I miss this?

So, Rilwayne001, you are saying that someone who leaves islam to become a christian or atheist, then goes around preaching christianity or atheism should be killed?

Wow. Such barbarism!
Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by Rilwayne001: 6:27am On Sep 20, 2020
I see you've been going around mentioning me like I know you from anywhere. But I'll only reply you once and that'll be the final.

[s]
AbdulSleeky:

How did I miss this?
So, Rilwayne001, you are saying that someone who leaves islam to become a christian or atheist, then goes around preaching christianity or atheism should be killed?
Wow. Such barbarism!
[/s]

My choice of words states "IN A GENERALLY ISLAMIC STATE", this automatically means, Islam is the major religion of such society, maybe like 99% of the population are Muslims, hence we can safely assume, the Constitution of such country, customs and mores are built solidly on Islamic tenets and laws. Going against such constitution and laws to the extent you try to spread your criticism of what these 99% hold very dear to their heart would be tantamount to TREASON. Or is there any other way you want to see that? Even you cannot go to Vatican and start building mosque or going about preaching atheism, it'd be a total insult on the government and constitution of the island.

Besides, my argument isn't in support of blasphemy law, (I believe God is beyond what we attribute to him) rather apostasy law. Even so, i believe, apostaste can only be dealt with whereby he resorted to treason by acting in such a way to topple the government, or going about forming and army that'll in turn come back to try to topple the government. A typical example is Nnamdi Kanu and the IPOB situation. Tbaba created a thread that like that fully explained the exception for which an apostate can be killed this in the past.
Reminds me of the saying, "when you are in Rome, you act like Romans". Not like You go about insulting Rome government of being foolish, that's treason.

I only disagree with this Kano issue because Nigeria isn't a generally Islamic State. Kano isn't q generally Islamic province, hence they cannot be selective and ridiculous in their decision making. Whatever decision they make should be based on the Nigerian Constitution and not what they want us to believe even when they are not using the same for their politicians who constantly steal their money.
Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by AbdulSleeky: 7:10am On Sep 20, 2020
Rilwayne001:
I see you've been going around mentioning me like I know you from anywhere. But I'll only reply you once and that'll be the final.

My choice of words states "IN A GENERALLY ISLAMIC STATE", this automatically means, Islam is the major religion of such society, maybe like 99% of the population are Muslims, hence we can safely assume, the Constitution of such country, customs and mores are built solidly on Islamic tenets and laws. Going against such constitution and laws to the extent you try to spread your criticism of what these 99% hold very dear to their heart would be tantamount to TREASON. Or is there any other way you want to see that? Even you cannot go to Vatican and start building mosque or going about preaching atheism, it'd be a total insult on the government and constitution of the island.

Besides, my argument isn't in support of blasphemy law, (I believe God is beyond what we attribute to him) rather apostasy law. Even so, i believe, apostaste can only be dealt with whereby he resorted to treason by acting in such a way to topple the government, or going about forming and army that'll in turn come back to try to topple the government. A typical example is Nnamdi Kanu and the IPOB situation. Tbaba created a thread that like that fully explained the exception for which an apostate can be killed this in the past.
Reminds me of the saying, "when you are in Rome, you act like Romans". Not like You go about insulting Rome government of being foolish, that's treason.

I only disagree with this Kano issue because Nigeria isn't a generally Islamic State. Kano isn't q generally Islamic province, hence they cannot be selective and ridiculous in their decision making. Whatever decision they make should be based on the Nigerian Constitution and not what they want us to believe even when they are not using the same for their politicians who constantly steal their money.

You and your Muslim brother, Empiree, are very good at conflating two very different aspects of laws and ending up with nonsense.

Treason is very different from apostasy. I dont see how preaching christianity or atheism can be treasonous in an islamic state.

Preaching christianity or atheism does not stop the islamic government from running. The islamic government can call apostasy illegal but it is not treasonous.

IPOB is literally dividing the country and stopping Nigeria to exist as it currently does. It stops the government from running.

Apostasy is not a bad thing. People should be able to leave religion.

The question now remains- what if the apostate keeps his apostasy to only his family? Should he still be arrested and killed?
Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by Xmuslim: 9:06am On Nov 07, 2020
Useless version of Islam. Your god promise eternal hell fire to non muslims and ordered you to kill someone that leave your religion so he can roast him in the fire.

You can't be a salafi/core sunni and still be a human. You are a beast
Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by OfficialAPCNig: 9:51am On Nov 15, 2020
Xmuslim:
jehovah is similar to Allah in his atrocities. Just that Christians have moved on from those barbaric laws of the old testament
Christianity has nothing to do with Christianity. It purpose in the Bible is just to serve as a teacher(history guide)

There are over 29 verses in the NT that keep hammering this but you guys always choose to be ignorant.
Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by NaijaMemes: 10:59am On Mar 29, 2023
After commenting on one of Lukgaf's threads, I started doing some investigations on him that led me here.

I'm not surprised about finding out that Lukgaf is indeed an extremist. Wow. How can someone truly say that people should be killed for leaving Islam?

We have many extremists on Nairaland
Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by 2dominate: 7:55am On Apr 20, 2023
Lukgaf:
We do not think so. That is the truth. Islam is the true religion. Do your research wella
This is not true, there is no worldly punishment for apostasy.
We can discuss this if you are willing.
Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by 2dominate: 7:58am On Apr 20, 2023
AbdulSleeky:

You and your Muslim brother, Empiree, are very good at conflating two very different aspects of laws and ending up with nonsense.

Treason is very different from apostasy. I dont see how preaching christianity or atheism can be treasonous in an islamic state.

Preaching christianity or atheism does not stop the islamic government from running. The islamic government can call apostasy illegal but it is not treasonous.

IPOB is literally dividing the country and stopping Nigeria to exist as it currently does. It stops the government from running.

Apostasy is not a bad thing. People should be able to leave religion.

The question now remains- what if the apostate keeps his apostasy to only his family? Should he still be arrested and killed?

Any religion that does not give room for departure should never attempt to convert people from other faith.
Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by 2dominate: 8:02am On Apr 20, 2023
Canberra55:

.Go to Kano or Sokoto. No that time you go know the real Muslims.

What do you mean by real muslims.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Check Solat Time Without Watch Or Any Software / The Correct Hijab – Hands And Face Covered Or Not? / Ibadan Chief Imam, Sheikh AbdulGaniyu Leads Eid Prayer (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.