Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair (51870 Views)

15-Year-Old Brazilian Girl Dies While Having Sex With A Man In His Car / My Daughter Has Hair Lice. / Ayomikun Juliana: Corper Dies After Applying Sniper to Her Hair To kill Lice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by Freddo99(m): 1:40pm On Sep 04, 2020
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by olureignforever: 1:46pm On Sep 04, 2020
Ayofaks:
Ignorance of the mother killed that child, she could have just cut her hair and she will still be alive today.

May her soul rest in peace.

May the Lord give her mother and other relatives fortitude to bear the loss.

Exactly my thoughts. It's so unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 04, 2020
Whaaaaaaaat?

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by Sammyolis: 1:56pm On Sep 04, 2020
How are we going to solve the matter now
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by BigBrotherS5: 2:10pm On Sep 04, 2020
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by Buffalo2(m): 2:11pm On Sep 04, 2020
Kunllayoniru:
This sniper dey potent die
. Walahi
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by IYANGBALI: 2:12pm On Sep 04, 2020
Ignorance is a decease
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by Bahamas95(m): 2:19pm On Sep 04, 2020
etrange:

Because you were a kid and innocent, women had no need to hide their body challenges from you. Now, they can't talk about it in front of you cause they fear a thread might be created in their name afterwards. Now you think it has vanished, imagine many other things you don't know. The disconnect is real, bro.
Lol. If not for this incident I wouldn't have believed if someone had told me. The last time I saw lice was when our landlord's mother a very old woman visited from the village. I was about 8years old then, the woman would place a big mirror on her lap and be combing her hair. Any lice that falls on the mirror she would ask us (me and other kids) to help her pick them up and put inside a bowl of water beside her, probably to drown them. We were even happy and catching fun with it. There was a day my mum caught me doing that dirty task and she was shocked, the look on her face was epic(Lol) She dragged me inside and flogged the day light outa me and warned me never to get an inch close to that woman again. Later on she gave me lectures about lice and I was so scared that I avoided the old woman like she is leper.

3 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by Incandescent(m): 2:22pm On Sep 04, 2020
I won't blame mama.. instead of visiting a doctor for proper prescription, they'd be asking Facebook people or Nairaland
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by Bahamas95(m): 2:25pm On Sep 04, 2020
chukwukahenry:

come to Unn girls' Hostel and see it in million Folds
Jesus! shocked

1 Like

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by SIRRITE: 2:32pm On Sep 04, 2020
aaaaabbbbbccccc:
This is ignorance. Imagine if a doctor told you to do such thing. You’ll obviously not do it. Not because the doctors can’t prescribe a medication for you but because you are wise enough to know that it is harmful. (but that’s if you’re not ignorant like the woman).

If a qualified and certified doctor any wrong prescription that doctor will be jailed .
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by Zeezy81: 2:37pm On Sep 04, 2020
#BANSNIPER
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by Princerichi0(m): 2:40pm On Sep 04, 2020
My mum did this to our dog. It was so painful watching it die slowly.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by Drizzy5001(m): 3:03pm On Sep 04, 2020
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by Drizzy5001(m): 3:03pm On Sep 04, 2020
The mother must have been an illiterate, and the hair dresser na confirm mumu
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by etrange: 3:11pm On Sep 04, 2020
Bahamas95:
Lol. If not for this incident I wouldn't have believed if someone had told me. The last time I saw lice was when our landlord's mother a very old woman visited from the village. I was about 8years old then, the woman would place a big mirror on her lap and be combing her hair. Any lice that falls on the mirror she would ask us (me and other kids) to help her pick them up and put inside a bowl of water beside her, probably to drown them. We were even happy and catching fun with it. There was a day my mum caught me doing that dirty task and she was shocked, the look on her face was epic(Lol) She dragged me inside and flogged the day light outa me and warned me never to get an inch close to that woman again. Later on she gave me lectures about lice and I was so scared that I avoided the old woman like she is leper.

Lol... Interesting story. A good title would be: The Lice of Bahamas

Wonder what the lecture was.l though.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by jamesbridget13(f): 3:13pm On Sep 04, 2020
daddytime:
What carelessness and ignorance combined.

This reminds me of my childhood days at Mgbuosimini village, Agip, in Port-Harcourt.

We were about 6-7-year-olds then when my friend Wonodi (our landlord's son) showed me lice he had been plucking off his bushy hair.

As kids na and as per say Naija still get sense that time, dem never turn am to craze like this, na so I run enter our house go bring out Raid oh, Wonodi collect am from my hand say I no dey spray am well, na so my guy pump am round him head "shooooo, shooooo". After that one Wonodi say make I go bring matches say e be like say the Raid no get power. As I bring matches, my guy say make I strike am use am dey heat close to him hair to force the lice out.

My dear brothers and sisters in the Lord, when I strike matches, na gboooom we hear oh. Wonodi head don catch fire. grin

Na shout and craze we two dey, begin run up and down around the compound before adults come out come pour am water.

The beating wey we still chop that day ehn?

Kai
my intestines ooooooo. Lmao
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by jamesbridget13(f): 3:15pm On Sep 04, 2020
Princerichi0:
My mum did this to our dog. It was so painful watching it die slowly.
chai!
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by DebbieSylvex(f): 3:26pm On Sep 04, 2020
undecided lipsrsealed Soo bad...lice can be annoying yes,I know of a few girls who contacted that shit!..but why would a sane hairdresser who should know better suggest such?...her useless advise just resulted to the death of a little girl. How on Earth wud d mother 4give herself?..*smh*
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by ofiko123(m): 3:26pm On Sep 04, 2020
Sad, RIP to the dead.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by Mayng01(m): 3:36pm On Sep 04, 2020
Sniper has been killing from ages through ignorance
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by duke24: 3:37pm On Sep 04, 2020
But the best treatment for lice is just by shaving your hair totally
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by duke24: 3:39pm On Sep 04, 2020
The best treatment for lice is just by shaving the hair totally
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by chatinent: 4:06pm On Sep 04, 2020
People should take precautions and responsibility.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by sonofjos(m): 4:22pm On Sep 04, 2020
Deborah98:
Ignorance,when did they start using pesticide to kill hair lice, nawa ooooh
It was God who saved us as children. My mother once used canned insecticide (sheltox) on our hair to kill lice. But there was no incident.

2 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by Damseldammie(f): 4:36pm On Sep 04, 2020
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity....

Ó màa shey oh
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by hopexter(m): 4:40pm On Sep 04, 2020
stormborn28:
do you know what is called skin cut? If yes. That is the best solution

What's that? Pls explain further for easy comprehension. Cheers!
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by Okoroawusa: 5:01pm On Sep 04, 2020
How we wan take settle this matter now?
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by Aimerosa25(f): 5:33pm On Sep 04, 2020
Rip, child , u left too soon.God bless your soul.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by lykwhoishe: 5:44pm On Sep 04, 2020
Openbusiness:
By rubbing snipper on that girl's head and leaving it like that, the sniper fluid will gradually permeate and enter through the skin into the blood stream and it automatically has been poisoned. That's why when you rub substances on your skin like diesel, engine oil or harmful chemicals etc, you must quickly wash your skin well with soap and water before it penetrates because such things are dangerous if it gets into your blood
You're right. She probably bin think say na hair the thing go stop. Even I was wondering how it affected her. Some peeps have mentioned here that it was caused by inhalation, but I think ur analysis is more like it. You know there are some balms you rub on your forehead that cures headache.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by panpan(m): 5:45pm On Sep 04, 2020
jayautos:
That hair dresser needs to be arrested and charged for first degree murder angry

The hairdresser may deny the allegation of giving any advice to the mother of the nine-year old girl.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair by Openbusiness: 5:54pm On Sep 04, 2020
lykwhoishe:

You're right. She probably bin think say na hair the thing go stop. Even I was wondering how it affected her. Some peeps have mentioned here that it was caused by inhalation, but I think ur analysis is more like it. You know there are some balms you rub on your forehead that cures headache.
yeah, exactly. Or some jelly balms or spray balms you put on your skin to cure rheumatism or joint pains etc and it will stop. It is because the skin is permeable and those things will penetrate and go inside to do the work they are supposed to do.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dr. Oluyinka Olutoye, The Nigerian Surgeon With A Difference (Photos) / LAUTECH Student Who Was Acting Strange In Ado-Ekiti Reacts / Onoh Chukwuma Richard: CEO Commits Suicide After Losing ₦2.5M To Betting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.