Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,371 members, 7,812,091 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. (42439 Views)

LASG Reopens Alaba And Trade Fair Markets. / Heavy Flooding In Alaba Market: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) / Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by Frenzy01(m): 10:06pm On Sep 04, 2020
I love this.. I love the response from nairalanders. Together we can clean the rot in this society.. I love you all. I'm crying now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by richie240: 10:19pm On Sep 04, 2020
mabeni:
Some days ago i posted on how i was duped in Alaba international market. That's the link if you missed it.

https://www.nairaland.com/6089539/how-defrauded-alaba-international-market/14#93531357

Thanks to @ikakahu and everyone who contributed in helping me to call Mr Ben in regards to the issue. Mr Ben called me last night that he's been receiving series of calls from different people as per the issue and asked me to come for settlement. I went this morning and we amicably resolved it.

I added 10k to my initial payment of 25k then my complete set of home theater was given to me.

Once again, thank you all including the moderator who pushed my post the front page.
Moderators, please, take
https://www.nairaland.com/6089539/how-defrauded-alaba-international-market/14#93531357 down.

Its a normal day occurrence.
Imagine the thousands of unsuspecting customers they must've likewise swindled.

Assuming u didn't call him out he would've gotten away with d scam. What about d average illiterate//semi-illiiterate Joe that's not literally savvy to take d STEP u took?

These r the fraudulent mindset they take to foreign lands dt attracts d fury of their host countries.

When u hear Ghana, Togo south Africa etc have issues with ds criminals in 'traders' attire, some will ignorantly be shouting "xenophobia'', "our govt has failed us" etc

2 Likes

Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by DavidEsq(m): 10:22pm On Sep 04, 2020
falcon01:
cheesy hope this one doesnt only work with charcoal?
Werey ni e cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by richie240: 10:28pm On Sep 04, 2020
mabeni:
���. I been think sey i wise. Not knowing i be mumu.
You're not mumu at all.
Its d collective wickedness in d average 'trader' dts at play.

A situation where fellow traders will join hands in supporting criminality, there's very little d average, usually lone customer (like in our case) can do.

If u had met any of d co-traders to intervene in d matter that day, it would have bn a miracle for u to find just one of them that will support u. You know why?
1) its what they also do too.
2) He would be seen as a 'saboteur', a betrayer of d brethren.

Even u would've met a brick wall if u had reported to d police station closest to d market, because they too collect their share from d traders. They work hand-in-hand.

The same sets of criminals will still open their teeth and shout "Nigeria has failed us".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by maasoap(m): 10:31pm On Sep 04, 2020
Righteousness89:
Nairaland Has Really Been a Blessing to People!

Very Good one..

Yes o. I remember how I followed one DIY thread about USA visa in 2013. I never applied for USA visa before but I followed the steps on Nairaland including correct passport photograph and helped many people applied. My wife won but we didn't go for interview despite being slated for the second week of the commencement of 52 weeks long interviews. Nairaland is a blessing

1 Like

Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 04, 2020
Are you selling Bitcoins, PayPal, PayGal, or PayMal? Save yourself the stress of commenting on each thread. Automate it!!

https://www.nairaland.com/6083759/
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by Naijaarchive(m): 11:06pm On Sep 04, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Looooooooooooooooooool, mine had one Chinese name sha, but LG was written on it. Good part was the seller liked me and told me not to buy it that it wasn't original. He removed the LG name to show the hidden Chinese name underneath

I just jejely went for samsung

grin the thing dey pain... Since then na showroom or via Jumia
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by kokomilala(m): 11:15pm On Sep 04, 2020
This victory underscores the power of Nairaland.
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by Thazard(m): 11:39pm On Sep 04, 2020
possibility99:
Hope you've tested it. I no wan hear say na water generator dey power am ohhh grin grin I guess those in authority in the market will try and look into scamming issues.
MODIFIED

The part of the story that really sweet me was where the OP said "it pained me down to my marrow" I no fit laugh. This is just an inch of what all those yahoo victims faces . 25K OP wan do juju grin Some fools here on Nairaland will be supporting cyber crime One day, dem go scam you tooo
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by eargersept: 12:36am On Sep 05, 2020
was scammed by this set of idiots in the year 2017. I went to Alaba to buy a 22 inches LCD TV ( Tokunbo ) , after payment the guy told me the TV can only work with DVD and Decoder because it was VHF . I told him to refund me but he said, he can't because he also bought it like that. The initial friendly approach turn threatening even with occultic power from his village. After, long talk and pleading, he gave me 20k out of 25k but i told him , he will not suffer for his action then i realized Igbo people prefer money to Life. He said nothing will happen. The greatest surprise was that, The guy is now a pastor at Amuwo Odofin area with congregation. After, one year Facebook suggest him as a friend to me, I added him but ask him some questions and he was surprised, I told him, i can come to the church and disgrace him now but he pleaded that , he is now a born again Christian. Beware of those bad guys at alaba especially from now to December, they have red eye to make money and return to their village with jeeps in convoy. God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by dangoteinlaw: 1:16am On Sep 05, 2020
You added 10k on top and you call that settlement? Ibo ppl are naturally born thieves and they fjnd a way to win at the end. So if the op didn't have the 10k what would have become of the fake set? STAY AWAY FROM ALABA AND IBOS FOR YOU OWN GOOD.

1 Like

Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by ibinaboonline: 3:13am On Sep 05, 2020
I actually have learnt some tips from your comment. Ploystar, deboss, and djack on my mind.
obiekunie2:

am surprised you are the only one that noticed this.

the op is still a loser - he still ended up buying the rubbish home theater for 35k - same money would av gotten him a brand new home theater from jumia - in fact, with 25k he can even get a good home theater that is not popular but will serve him far better than the junk they scammed him.

https://www./polystar-bluetooth-home-theatre-pv-bk722c-surge-56071372.html

polystar is a superb product thou less known

https://www./deboss-3.1-bluetooth-home-theatre-system-and-dvd-player-61274882.html

deboss another lesser known good product

https://www./djack-powerful-bluetooth-home-theaterdvd-player-59329542.html

djack another nice product

https://www./aud-358-home-theatre-lg-mpg74877.html

then this LG goes for 44k - not much difference from the 35k he bought a used one.

@mabeni just move on sha but las las u were still at the losing end.
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by ceaser: 3:29am On Sep 05, 2020
eargersept:
was scammed by this set of idiots in the year 2017. I went to Alaba to buy a 22 inches LCD TV ( Tokunbo ) , after payment the guy told me the TV can only work with DVD and Decoder because it was VHF . I told him to refund me but he said, he can't because he also bought it like that. The initial friendly approach turn threatening even with occultic power from his village. After, long talk and pleading, he gave me 20k out of 25k but i told him , he will not suffer for his action then i realized Igbo people prefer money to Life. He said nothing will happen. The greatest surprise was that, The guy is now a pastor at Amuwo Odofin area with congregation. After, one year Facebook suggest him as a friend to me, I added him but ask him some questions and he was surprised, I told him, i can come to the church and disgrace him now but he pleaded that , he is now a born again Christian. Beware of those bad guys at alaba especially from now to December, they have red eye to make money and return to their village with jeeps in convoy. God bless you.

You should have still asked him to refund your 5k he is owning you as a sign that he is remorseful.

You see there is this thing called "restitution" that born again is expected to do following confession and repentance. The individual may not be able to remember all the wrongs and evil he had done in time past, but the much that he can remember, he is expected to restitute.

Biblically, the king that took Abraham's wife did restitution the moment he realized his folly.

I had a former school colleague that called me to confess that a textbook and kerosene/hurricane lantern of mine stolen during our days at the boarding school 17 years ago was stolen by him. As a young boarding student, I had cried my eyes out at that time and I had to convince my parents before replacements could be gotten. He promised he could replace the items if I insisted, but we just joked over it that it was one of those things of our youthful days. But I knew deep down the dude was trying to make everything right with his creator.

Haven't you heard of people who contacted WAEC to denounce their result and offered to write another exam years after they cheated on the first one?

1 Like

Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by Goldwine1(f): 6:55am On Sep 05, 2020
UDUJ:

cheesy grin cheesy I dey tell you. We still have some sane people here but the ratio of sane to insane ones is like 5:95. The mad people are in majority cheesy

Be rest assured that the mad people did the calling...
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by mabea: 7:59am On Sep 05, 2020
Openbusiness:
It is well, we learn everyday. Me sef i don buy fufu phone for computer village before grin and I don buy brand new LG TV for Alaba before wey be say when I reach house d remote control wey follow am come no dey work, but the wahala to go back there, I just bone go buy another universal remote wey work dey use am like that. Later like 6 months after when d TV spoil I carry am go repair. Na for the TV radionic repair shop we come discover say no be LG TV dey inside, na Akira TV but they come put LG casing on top. Na dar time I come wake up say no wonder the LG remote wey follow d TV come no dey work with am. Na d last time I go Alaba to buy electronics b dat grin
Chai grin funny things everywhere. Funny enough any electronics company that doesn't have customers in Alaba has not started yet. Still a lot of fakes of such brands abound. Do not buy either LG or Samsung in Alaba or any of those small shops on the street.
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by Alimat40: 9:29am On Sep 05, 2020
The leadership of various units in that Alaba international market should understand that integrity and honesty are virtues needed for business growth. I read a report of one of the leaders of one of the various units in that market blaming it on the activities of the osuofas operation. My humble advice to the leadership of that market is that, they should use their power to rid the market of osuofas. Again, if someone offers a price lower than the market price you have the right to decline to sell. Let's remove Igbo wisdom that rub trust. White people will not do this useless things being reported. Assuming the guy didn't not shout, nothing couldn't happen. I suggest the leadership should embrace honest deals as Hallmark of the market.
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by Alimat40: 9:33am On Sep 05, 2020
I suggest too that Mr Ben should be reprimanded and be told by the leadership of the market to behave well otherwise his unwholesome business deals will ultimately drive people away from that market. Infact, since I read that report I have vowed not to go to that market to buy things whatsoever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by King123456: 2:48pm On Sep 05, 2020
LISTEN and listen good. I know you think you settled amicably but I will put it to you that you got further scammed. I worked with a pastor for 3 years. He was a real (but fake) pastor and one time we had a customer come in to demand for something we didn't have. Because the client was a regular I told him we didn't have what he wanted. My colleague called my pastor boss and told him what happened and my pastor boss went into a fury. Long story short short I was suspended. He told me next time I should not say a thing since I like forming holy. He knows I would not lie no matter what and he only kept me around because I was his best marketer. Funny thing is I don't go to church or identify with any religion, yet... In defence of their evils they would say it's business or sharpness. Nonetheless, I love my Igbo brothers and I will always love them but when it comes to doing business with them DO NOT take their words as words from a human being. This is because they still do not understand what constitute a scam and what does not. For them, it's more profit by any means possible.

1 Like

Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by Greatzeus(m): 4:48pm On Sep 06, 2020
IgbalodeRaymond:
nairaland is a blessing that's why I have dedicated my whole life to protect it from trolls and bigots

so help me God

cc
helinues
AkwaIbomMan
Thatfairguy1
Ain't you the guy that cancels people's post up and down? Is that a life? Besides are you tired already?
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by Greatzeus(m): 4:54pm On Sep 06, 2020
seanwilliam:
grin grin grin second product no good no matter how we see am.. some fit be stolen goods.. me dey think say if person never reach to buy something for new it means say u never reach to own it atall...

How many people you know as family members or friends that bought a brand new car in Nigeria in the last say 15 years? Even you,I doubt you will ever own a car if you plan to buy brand new except keke or bike. Lexus Rx350 tokunbo is almost 5 million. How much you think the new will go for? Stop talking trash.
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by Ebenezer2021(m): 5:57pm On Sep 06, 2020
Greatzeus:

Ain't you the guy that cancels people's post up and down? Is that a life? Besides are you tired already?
IgbalodeRaymond na my boss oh.
He has used the cancellation to keep the trolls and tribalists in check cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by seanwilliam(m): 6:24pm On Sep 06, 2020
Greatzeus:

How many people you know as family members or friends that bought a brand new car in Nigeria in the last say 15 years? Even you,I doubt you will ever own a car if you plan to buy brand new except keke or bike. Lexus Rx350 tokunbo is almost 5 million. How much you think the new will go for? Stop talking trash.
ok
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by JABB(m): 12:27am On Sep 11, 2020
Openbusiness:
Cool. I hope the complete home theater is working normal, not d type that only works with generator light. I never hear dar kain tin for my life bfr grin

Cc: Mynd44, Lalasticlala coman c suntin
Nairaland No go kill person grin grin grin
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by DexterousOne(m): 10:39pm On Sep 17, 2020
Na wa
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by DexterousOne(m): 10:54pm On Sep 17, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
You added 10k on top and you call that settlement? Ibo ppl are naturally born thieves and they fjnd a way to win at the end. So if the op didn't have the 10k what would have become of the fake set? STAY AWAY FROM ALABA AND IBOS FOR YOU OWN GOOD.
What is this one doing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria / Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release / Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.