Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. - Business (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. (76976 Views)

Traders At Alaba Rago Market Cleaning Up After Closure (Pictures) / Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) / Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by mabeni(m): 2:44pm On Sep 03, 2020
nedekid:

Bros put his phone number here along with his picture let Nairalanders home and abroad call and curse him.
These igbo boys in alaba and ladipo are criminals. Most of them are there to defraud. 17years ago I swore to never buy anything from alaba but rather to go to fuani ie LG store at Allen or at worst order from jumia, where I am sure I can get warrantee.
Same with ladipo. A brain box dealer called my mechanic that he had gotten my brainbox for 25k. I told the mechanic to show him I had transfered the money but should not release it Untill we test the ecu. It was tested but did not work. Oya return the money, for where? Till today weeks later I do not have brainbox as it was returned same day, neither do I have my 25k!
thanks a lot. Bro. Ben called me last night to come so we could settle things amicably. I did and issues has been resolved. Thanks.
I added 10k to my initial payment and my DVD or player and it was given to me. Once again, thanks for your contribution sir

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by ikakahu(m): 3:28pm On Sep 03, 2020
I called the number and had some conversation with the said man because this is annoying and it must stop.He is willing to dialogue with you.Try to call him.He said he does not have your number.Kindly call him and let us know the outcome.As for the man that swapped tested ok TV for a dead monitor for me,I called him this morning and his number went through after months of being switched off.That one is claiming that he has forgotten that I should come with the TV.Then later he said I am disturbing him,that I should do my worst.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by lucasalves: 3:35pm On Sep 03, 2020
Eastlink:
Oga make I hear word. It’s people like you the message was for. A lot of us have bad experience from scammers irrespective of tribe, but you people always clsim holy, while painting othere bad. So you want me to begin to find pictures of 2016/2017 scam experience in Ikeja and post on nairaland at this time.

Story story, safe that one for your clients. I don't remember saying any tribe was free of scammers, don't know why you are trying to twist words but it should be expected from liars like you.
Tell us this Taiwo's shop in ikeja or show a receipt like the OP did, better still how about the link to your so called post about it, or quit lying and go back to your day job (which I'm sure involves deceiving innocent people). These are the kind of bad eggs that disgracing our country in the diaspora, peddling substandard products and threatening local traders.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by yemmywesey(m): 3:40pm On Sep 03, 2020
Nah Dem Dem, Biafra republic, always dubious in everything. Hausa man will never do that to anytribe in Nigeria, rather he will refund your money.
My advice for you, go to the military cantonment and meet the commander to give you 10 Fulani, hausa, tapa, tiv soldiers and storm that plaza.
Arrest that shop owner.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Aleora(f): 7:15pm On Sep 03, 2020
SEGLIZ:

that same Benz would kill him.
I repeat, government isn't our problem but we as Nigerians are our own enemy. not matter how genuine a thing is we Nigerians would turn it fraudulent.
very fraudulent..thats why when an average Nigerian tells you Good morning better check your time ...I pity him though especially if the person manage save money to buy....

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Aleora(f): 7:16pm On Sep 03, 2020
2cribz:
In broadday lighht. Hw can u buy home theater for 25k. When i be dey schl the lowest lg home theater branf new as at 2010 was 35k. Dem scam u well. You for just buy online. lol. Say home theater dey no work with light ,na only gen. Nawa o. So if light dey,u go off light turn on your gen. See stupid excuse. My guy avoid tokunbo or buy online, ah wetin.
Alaba boys don show u strong tin
did you just say ONLINE...hahahahahahhaha�����������������
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by musa7m(m): 7:58pm On Sep 03, 2020
ALABACONNECT:
This is a tribalistic shot. It shouldn't be bro. If you check out the whole scene of the fraudulent acts you get to see, the perpetrators capitalises on greed.
40 % of Igbo are scammers .........

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by ALABACONNECT(m): 8:33pm On Sep 03, 2020
musa7m:
40 % of Igbo are scammers .........
based on what statistics?
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by ridwanlawal: 8:46pm On Sep 03, 2020
blakkydikky:
(yinmu) village people that have taken their shares.
He can report to those that didn't receive anything
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by SEGLIZ: 9:08pm On Sep 03, 2020
Aleora:
very fraudulent..thats why when an average Nigerian tells you Good morning better check your time ...I pity him though especially if the person manage save money to buy....

Nigerians would keep beating my understanding.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Resemblance246: 9:09pm On Sep 03, 2020
majamajic:

If they are not honest , they will not still be there doing business , in every market there are scammers , one just need be careful , I have never been scammed buy any thing in igbo dominated market

Clue no 1 , know the price range of what u wanted to buy , if it's 50k stuff don't try to buy it 20k , always buy from shops , always report to market Union , they must provide help to u cos they know the game

What are you saying? Is not the same Igbo man that told me that the price of the phone he has on market cost 20k something around 2008. After buying the phone, it was later I found out that the phone is confirm original shinko packed with fufu and the price is not less than 2500k. The second day I went to the same market for complain see me see wahala ooo na so the guy they speak Igbo with him brother con dey denied say I buy phone for him hand. The police man around that vicinity was like "this 419 people are here again Lord have mercy" Just telling you to park well. Which better market those idiots get for shop wey dey expensive if not to dupe the less previledge one and ready for wahala. That is how those criminals survive everyday. Their shop is filled with substandard products from China nothing is good there.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by U1(m): 9:16pm On Sep 03, 2020
ALABACONNECT:
based on what statistics?

E shock you? cheesy I was about asking how he got that figure as well. Sounded like he had hard facts. grin
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by ALABACONNECT(m): 9:21pm On Sep 03, 2020
U1:

E shock you? cheesy I was about asking how he got that figure as well. Sounded like he had hard facts. grin
Omo e shock me enter bone o grin grin
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by mekus80(m): 9:22pm On Sep 03, 2020
Sorry bro,but this is a very old trick in alaba,they will ask you if you have constant light in your area if you answer in the affirmative they will tell you the system only works on generator,and if your answer to the question is no,you will be told it can only work with NEPA light.either ways you must end up parting with more money than you agreed.Alabama is not where you go and be asking for directions of where to buy things especially tokumbo appliances.Either you have a contact you are going straight to his shop or you go with someone wey sabi ground.

You actually fell into the hands of hustlers
Lesson learnt shaa.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by majamajic(m): 9:53pm On Sep 03, 2020
Resemblance246:

What are you saying? Is not the same Igbo man that told me that the price of the phone he has on market cost 20k something around 2008. After buying the phone, it was later I found out that the phone is confirm original shinko packed with fufu and the price is not less than 2500k. The second day I went to the same market for complain see me see wahala ooo na so the guy they speak Igbo with him brother con dey denied say I buy phone for him hand. The police man around that vicinity was like "this 419 people are here again Lord have mercy" Just telling you to park well. Which better market those idiots get for shop wey dey expensive if not to dupe the less previledge one and ready for wahala. That is how those criminals survive everyday. Their shop is filled with substandard products from China nothing is good there.

While looking for a house in lagos , a Yoruba agent duped me too
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by majamajic(m): 9:55pm On Sep 03, 2020
Resemblance246:

While looking for a house in lagos , a Yoruba agent duped me too but he hear am at last

The house was only 6 flats but he rented it to 50 of us
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Resemblance246: 10:06pm On Sep 03, 2020
majamajic:

While looking for a house in lagos , a Yoruba agent duped me too but he hear am at last

The house was only 6 flats but he rented it to 50 of us

The difference is very clear here. The question is will a Yoruba man just like that agent you mentioned travelled down east and constitute nuisance all over the place. You can bet it the answer is no. You should be able to differentiate between what we are saying here. knowingly if a Yoruba man travelled typically he understands the ideal that he is very far away from home and if he finally finds his brother outside then they apply culture into their ways. But the flexing things never stop sha This is how every Yoruba man thinks may be you don't know. Im telling you now. It is just what I know and don't know what others think.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by majamajic(m): 10:36pm On Sep 03, 2020
Resemblance246:

The difference is very clear here. The question is will a Yoruba man just like that agent you mentioned travelled down east and constitute nuisance all over the place. You can bet it the answer is no. You should be able to differentiate between what we are saying here. knowingly if a Yoruba man travelled typically he understands the ideal that he is very far away from home and if he finally finds his brother outside then they apply culture into their ways. But the flexing things never stop sha This is how every Yoruba man thinks may be you don't know. Im telling you now. It is just what I know and don't know what others think.

This happened in lagos not ondo , besides do we have where we have rights to cheat on people ?
Or u mean Yoruba guys don't scam outside SW ? Husspuppi did his own in Dubai , is Dubai ondo ? Let's start from there

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Resemblance246: 10:44pm On Sep 03, 2020
majamajic:

This happened in lagos not ondo , besides do we have where we have rights to cheat on people ?
Or u mean Yoruba guys don't scam outside SW ? Husspuppi did his own in Dubai , is Dubai ondo ? Let's start from there

Calm down man the whites men thought him, his lawyer is also white even despite all the charges he wasn't found guilty of the said allegations and I think bail was granted in his favour don't you get that?
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by majamajic(m): 10:58pm On Sep 03, 2020
Resemblance246:

Calm down man the whites men thought him, his lawyer is also white even despite all the charges he was set free at last don't you get that?

He didn't have a white man lawyer , the lawyer u are talking about was assigned by US government , when his case was shifted to another city they assigned him another lawyer again dropping that one , set free how ?

Meanwhile our point is u said u guys don't dupe outside SW , ok cos he did it in white man's land , he learnt from them ? So we should believe also igbos doing it Lagos learnt from yorubas ? Cos all thses don't happen in markets in the east .

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Resemblance246: 11:11pm On Sep 03, 2020
majamajic:

He didn't have a white man lawyer , the lawyer u are talking about was assigned by US government , when his case was shifted to another city they assigned him another lawyer again dropping that one , set free how ?

Meanwhile our point is u said u guys don't dupe outside SW , ok cos he did it in white man's land , he learnt from them ? So we should believe also igbos doing it Lagos learnt from yorubas ? Cos all thses don't happen in markets in the east .

Don't even mention that Igbo own my brother every nukes and cranny of Lagos to other south west states down to north know them for their selling of fake products and dupe people of their hard earnings and who told you it doesn't happened in the east? Do you think I'm a novice in mater's like these? I cant count the number of times I personally had fall victim of this crime.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Resemblance246: 11:37pm On Sep 03, 2020
majamajic:

And who told you the above? The US government did not assigned him a lawyer those two lawyers were hired by hushpuppi one of the lawyer Mr Pissetzky and Mrs Podberesky were granted order to appear pro hac vice by a judge named Pedro V Castillo, of the U.S court in California. Pro hac vice refers to a apractice whereby a lawyer who has not been admitted to practice in a certain jurisdiction is allowed to participate in a particular case in that jurisdiction. Have you forgotten so soon the 99 Nigerians arrested by FBI last year in US can't you see the number is huge?
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by kenmaro: 6:18am On Sep 04, 2020
franciskaine:
which brand new are you talking about? This fake chinco electronics everywhere? Even the trusted dealers sell substandard products. People buy tokunbo not because it's cheap, but mostly because of the European quality they cone with.

You can get an original brand new LG home theater with low wattage for that amount. Like a mini one and still get good sound output from the system. It's an indoor stuff so he doesn't need too heavy sound like he is in a club house.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by majamajic(m): 7:02am On Sep 04, 2020
Resemblance246:

And who told you the above? The US government did not assigned him a lawyer those two lawyers were hired by hushpuppi one of the lawyer Mr Pissetzky and Mrs Podberesky were granted order to appear pro hac vice by a judge named Pedro V Castillo, of the U.S court in California. Pro hac vice refers to a apractice whereby a lawyer who has not been admitted to practice in a certain jurisdiction is allowed to participate in a particular case in that jurisdiction. Have you forgotten so soon the 99 Nigerians arrested by FBI last year in US can't you see the number is huge?

Huss was assigned lawyer by US government , go and read and verify , he is so stranded that he didn't have any access to $1 in US , so u think Huss was so smart to have that kin lawyer in US ? U don't know your brother very well , someone that didn't have business office in Dubai or tangible investment in Nigeria , will be paying that caliber of lawyer in US , the 2 lawyers was assigned by US government.
Anyway what am telling u is every tribe in Nigeria has scammers , it depends on field u meet them , one hausa guy tried to scam me at the international airport , I wan change $100 from him , the money he gave me from one end u count it , it will give u 32k from the other end u count u get 28k

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 04, 2020
kenmaro:

You can get an original brand new LG home theater with low wattage for that amount. Like a mini one and still get good sound output from the system. It's an indoor stuff so he doesn't need too heavy sound like he is in a club house.
dats a palito bro. 25k will get him something gud he'll appreciate.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Resemblance246: 8:13am On Sep 04, 2020
majamajic:

Huss was assigned lawyer by US government , go and read and verify , he is so stranded that he didn't have any access to $1 in US , so u think Huss was so smart to have that kin lawyer in US ? U don't know your brother very well , someone that didn't have business office in Dubai or tangible investment in Nigeria , will be paying that caliber of lawyer in US , the 2 lawyers was assigned by US government.
Anyway what am telling u is every tribe in Nigeria has scammers , it depends on field u meet them , one hausa guy tried to scam me at the international airport , I wan change $100 from him , the money he gave me from one end u count it , it will give u 32k from the other end u count u get 28k

Don't get it twisted hushpuppi hired his own lawyer as his attorney and when talking of stranded that one is beyond my knowledge and don't know where you source your informations. I am not denying the fact that crime didn't exist in every tribe but the length at which crime from the East been transported West is very annoying especially this chinko things from electronics to clothes to spearpart etc fake fake. There are many legitimate ways of making money better than these substandard products used to rub people of their hard earns. The annoying part is that after pay no return you will be a victim to be collecting different chinko product in exchange untill they get you dried. You can't get something better from them. My sister bought a solar battery of 50k from an Igbo man. She later find out that the battery is faulty now she is asking for refund but this Igbo man insisted that she add additional 50k to get a better one. Who in his or her right sense will give additional funds in the name of getting a better one. They have been in this matter since last year up to date no refund no battery no nothing later they will say Yoruba's have started again I just keep my finger crossed to see where this matter dey go Sha.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by majamajic(m): 8:37am On Sep 04, 2020
Resemblance246:

Don't get it twisted hushpuppi hired his own lawyer as his attorney and when talking of stranded that one is beyond my knowledge and don't know where you source your informations. I am not denying the fact that crime didn't exist in every tribe but the length at which crime from the East been transported West is very annoying especially this chinko things from electronics to clothes to spearpart etc fake fake. There are many legitimate ways of making money better than these substandard products used to rub people of their hard earns. The annoying part is that after pay no return you will be a victim to be collecting different chinko product in exchange untill they get you dried. You can't get something better from them. My sister bought a solar battery of 50k from an Igbo man. She later find out that the battery is faulty now she is asking for refund but this Igbo insist she add another 50k to get a better one. Who in his or her right sense will give additional funds in the name of getting a better one. They have been in matter since last year up to date no refund no battery no nothing later they will say Yoruba has started again I just keep my finger crossed to see where this matter dey go Sha.

Did any laws stop yorubas from importing original parts and be selling them ?

Why are u guys always claim to buy fakes all the time ? Are we not buying from same market ? Slot phones is owned by igbo person too , why won't u people buy fake when u can't enter established shops and buy things, I buy parts from ladipo I have never been scammed , I buy phones from computer village , never been scammed , I was scammed of a house by a Yoruba agent , my Friend bought 2 plots from omo onile , they later came back with a traditional ruler of the area and forcefully collected one plot from him . Do u know how many land issues people pass through in the hands of yoruba omo oniles ? U are here talking about 20k phone scam , igbos are duped in millions over land issues by omo oniles in various parts of SW , so that's not scam ? Most of these scams involves elderly traditional rulers are too.

Pls spare me all that buying fake and substandard products , did u go authorised and established shops and buy fake ? U go computer village u see someone on the road with ipone 11 pack u price 20k , and u want it to be original , u yourself is a scammer too , to u na Igbo boys scam u , many of them are from various regions, including yorubas, SS , Delta, Edo boys, igbos too, welcome to Lagos

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Resemblance246: 9:19am On Sep 04, 2020
majamajic:

Why are u guys always claim to buy fakes all the time ? Are we not buying from same market ? Slot phones is owned by igbo person too , why won't u people buy fake when u can't enter established shops and buy things, I buy parts from ladipo I have never been scammed , I buy phones from computer village , never been scammed , I was scammed of a house by a Yoruba agent , my Friend bought 2 plots from omo onile , they later came back with a traditional ruler of the area and forcefully collected one plot from him . Do u know how many land issues people pass through in the hands of yoruba omo oniles ? U are here talking about 20k phone scam , igbos are duped in millions over land issues by omo oniles in various parts of SW , so that's not scam ? Most of these scams involves elderly traditional rulers are too.

Pls spare me all that buying fake and substandard products , did u go authorised and established shops and buy fake ? U go computer village u see someone on the road with ipone 11 pack u price 20k , and u want it to be original , u yourself is a scammer too , to u na Igbo boys scam u , many of them are from various regions, including yorubas, SS , Delta, Edo boys, igbos too, welcome to Lagos

You still don't get my point, if you continue like this you will argue till 2050. Why will someone leave his own land in large number and constitute nuisance some else? Will youruba omo onile go east and sell land in your village in order to dupe your people. After all they are selling in their own land not igbo land. If you get property from the right family then you have no issues. My father can not give me and my siblings property and later my siblings sold part of my property it will lead to wahala. Before buying land you make proper investigation before putting your money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by majamajic(m): 9:23am On Sep 04, 2020
Resemblance246:

You still don't get my point, if you continue like this you will argue till 2050. Why will someone leave his own land in large number and constitute nuisance some else? Will youruba omo onile go east and sell land in your village in order to dupe your people. After all they are selling in their own land not igbo land. If you get property from the right family then you have no issues. My father can not give me and my siblings property and later my siblings sold part of my property it will lead to wahala. Before buying land you make proper investigation before putting your money.

Husspuppi that went to oyibo land and dupe them is igbo too ? Many yoruba Yahoo boys are living in enugu too
Not only igbos that scam outside their territory , yorubas too do inside territory and outside , alot of them are in Ghana, Malaysia and Dubai , I don't want to talk about US and UK , seems u know nothing about your people ?

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Resemblance246: 9:30am On Sep 04, 2020
majamajic:

Husspuppi that went to oyibo land and dupe them is igbo too ? Many yoruba Yahoo boys are living in enugu too
Not only igbos that scam outside their territory , yorubas too do inside territory and outside

Clean your mouth man. I can mention many Ohaneze from different village in Yoruba land claiming king apart from the real king in the village. You think yoruba are fools. Did you have any claim to your post if I may ask. Enugu what is their population there? Go Niger and see your brother's selling spear parts there you think say na joke I dey? Ghana self no dey joke this time they are taking this matter very serious.
Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by majamajic(m): 9:44am On Sep 04, 2020
Resemblance246:

Clean your mouth man. I can mention many Ohaneze from different village in Yoruba land claiming king apart from the real king in the village. You think yoruba are fools. Did you have any claim to your post if I may ask. Enugu what is their population there? Go Niger and see your brother's selling spear parts there you think say na joke I dey? Ghana self no dey joke this time they are taking this matter very serious.

What's wrong with someone going outside Nigeria to do his business ?
U guys only think it's only igbos do business outside Nigeria , during South Africa crisis , Ogun state got the highest number of Nigerians evacuated from South , followed closely by Oyo State indigenes , a lot of yorubas are in the east , but the peaceful atmosphere in the east won't allow u to notice it , they are many in Ghana too and Dubai and Sharjah , this scam of a thing is in us all as Nigerians not minding tribe or region , I bought asun in Lekki , the Calabar boy pressed the foil pack from under , I picked 3 pcs of meat and nothing inside the foil again, 500 naira gone . I noticed he pressed the foil pack from under, if he is in ladipo he will do same thing or if he is omo onile he will do same too

Abeg bros let me look for customers pls , later

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. by Resemblance246: 9:46am On Sep 04, 2020
majamajic:

No body is saying they should not buy their sub standard chinko but why are they dumping them in Lagos what is wrong with the eastern port? They should just give chance for the manufacturing companies to import and export real goods for us to have fresh air.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Woman Goes Naked At Access Bank Due To Inability To Get Cash / Ismaila Mompha Flaunts $4million Cash On Instagram (photos) / Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.