Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,719 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. (42453 Views)

LASG Reopens Alaba And Trade Fair Markets. / Heavy Flooding In Alaba Market: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) / Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 04, 2020
Happy for you, when will nairaland bless me
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by ogyunging(m): 5:33pm On Sep 04, 2020
This I like. The web gas help who man beans last last
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by Pauladex(m): 5:33pm On Sep 04, 2020
When I hear Alaba, the only thing that came to my mind is union of scammers.

5 Likes

Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by ayenale1(m): 5:34pm On Sep 04, 2020
The pix of the new home theater now
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by SEGLIZ: 5:36pm On Sep 04, 2020
mabeni:
thanks a lot for the love. I honestly appreciate sir.

@mabeni I'm just happy over this news, where the party @ now?
at least the Benz won't kill him last last provided he turns a new live.
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by TechSkill: 5:36pm On Sep 04, 2020
Righteousness89:
Nairaland Has Really Been a Blessing to People!

Very Good one..
I don use nairaland shake people for Winners church

1 Like

Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by UDUJ(m): 5:36pm On Sep 04, 2020
Vince77:
This doesn't mean that the man is now a saint. He only called you to settle because you called him out in public. He will still defraud other people.

Very very true.

2 Likes

Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by 2016easy2017: 5:37pm On Sep 04, 2020
Since the fed.got. proposal to make all payments to NEPA be paid to banks, light has gone worse ever since. No light in my area for 48 hours now. They don't want us pay, due to poor light so the fed. Govt. Can rescinde it's decision and order the things to continue extorting Nigerians and continue to collect the bill payments
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by Openbusiness: 5:38pm On Sep 04, 2020
seanwilliam:
grin grin grin second product no good no matter how we see am.. some fit be stolen goods.. me dey think say if person never reach to buy something for new it means say u never reach to own it atall...

yes, you're correct, used electronics has its pros and cons, and in an environment like Nigeria, the cons outnumber the pros. But beyond that, even brand new Electronics are being "tampered" with nowadays. For example, this my Alaba TV experience, it was a brand new TV I bought there. They tested it for me with the unpacked ones they had, then when we finalized and I agreed to buy and paid, they went to bring a new carton for me, the one that is still boxed and unpacked. They opened it to show me that TV was inside, I saw the LG logo on it, as per casing and they sealed it back. I didn't test it because like it was a big shop with plenty electronics, not like a road side stand. Las las, na Akira TV inside LG casing. So essentially they sold Akira TV to me as LG. So many tins dey happen for all these Electronics markets, especially as per cloning. They will clone an unknown brand into a popular fast selling brand, so they can sell fast. Many abracadabra like that. Even this fraudulent behavior has been introduced to the phones market. They will pre-program a phone of 16GB to read 32GB, or a phone of 32GB to read 64Gb etc. When you check the specs in the phone settings, it will say 64GB, but when you start using it, before u say Jack Robinson, d storage don finish, no space to save any apps or files again. 1GB memory phone will read 2G etc. To buy Electronics now, one gast to shine his eyes well, whether na new or used Electronics

4 Likes

Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by 1mrprolific7(m): 5:39pm On Sep 04, 2020
I call the guy sotey. Threaten him life. Him tell me him go settle with you. Hope the thing dey work with NEPA now. Hope Dem no give you the one wey dey work with generator

3 Likes

Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by UDUJ(m): 5:39pm On Sep 04, 2020
twilliamx:
Nice one Nairaland. As una mad reach, una still dey useful....

cheesy grin cheesy I dey tell you. We still have some sane people here but the ratio of sane to insane ones is like 5:95. The mad people are in majority cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by Mobog(m): 5:41pm On Sep 04, 2020
Glad to hear this... congratulations on your ajabo!
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by jimbada(m): 5:41pm On Sep 04, 2020
I have said it and I will say it again. People like Mr. Ben are in ALABA, LADIPO in Oshodi, Ariara in Aba, Diobu in PH, etc should be dealt with it so that other will learn from them.
This guys are in the market mentioned above but the suprise things is that, security and the authority in the market keep saying that they don't kwn them.
My question is this
Must you defraud buyers before you become Rich?

4 Likes

Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by drololaaof: 5:42pm On Sep 04, 2020
Very good this are what we should hearing,amicable solution to problems.
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by Naijaarchive(m): 5:42pm On Sep 04, 2020
Openbusiness:
It is well, we learn everyday. Me sef i don buy fufu phone for computer village before grin and I don buy brand new LG TV for Alaba before wey be say when I reach house d remote control wey follow am come no dey work, but the wahala to go back there, I just bone go buy another universal remote wey work dey use am like that. Later like 6 months after when d TV spoil I carry am go repair. Na for the TV radionic repair shop we come discover say no be LG TV dey inside, na Akira TV but they come put LG casing on top. Na dar time I come wake up say no wonder the LG remote wey follow d TV come no dey work with am. Na d last time I go Alaba to buy electronics b dat grin

I get that kind TV too na Samsung casing but na generic engine.. It even get PC Mode grin

4 Likes

Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 04, 2020
Openbusiness:
It is well, we learn everyday. Me sef i don buy fufu phone for computer village before grin and I don buy brand new LG TV for Alaba before wey be say when I reach house d remote control wey follow am come no dey work, but the wahala to go back there, I just bone go buy another universal remote wey work dey use am like that. Later like 6 months after when d TV spoil I carry am go repair. Na for the TV radionic repair shop we come discover say no be LG TV dey inside, na Akira TV but they come put LG casing on top. Na dar time I come wake up say no wonder the LG remote wey follow d TV come no dey work with am. Na d last time I go Alaba to buy electronics b dat grin
Laff wan throw me from couch o. Chei gringrin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by AkwaIbomMan(m): 5:44pm On Sep 04, 2020
IgbalodeRaymond:
nairaland is a blessing that's why I have dedicated my whole life to protect it from trolls and bigots

so help me God

cc
helinues
AkwaIbomMan
Thatfairguy1
I get so enlightened and updated via nairaland.
I use mostly the politics section to gain more ideas from nairalanders, and mostly voice out my stance on the insecurities, maladministration and ineffectiveness of this clueless APC.
I was once loyal but now not anymore.
Also I've gained a lot from nairaland in the programming sections and my Tech knowledge and skills have improved tremendously.
So having seen all these benefits I have gained through this site I won't hesitate to report tribalists and bigots in the politics and crime section (0menka, simpIyIeo dem)who are hell bent on ruining the prestige of this great site

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 04, 2020
Openbusiness:
yes, you're correct, used electronics has its pros and cons, and in an environment like Nigeria, the cons outnumber the pros. But beyond that, even new brand new Electronics are being "tampered" with nowadays. For example, this my Alaba TV experience, it was a brand new TV I bought there. They tested it for me with the unpacked ones they had, then when we finalized and I agreed to buy and paid, they went to bring a new carton for me, the one that is still boxed and unpacked. They opened it to show me that TV was inside, I saw the LG logo on it, as per casing and they sealed it back. I didn't test it because like it was a big shop with plenty electronics, not like a road side stand. Las las, na Akira TV inside LG casing. So essentially they sold Akira TV to me as LG. So many tins dey happen for all these Electronics markets, especially as per cloning. They will clone an unknown brand into a popular fast selling brand, so they can sell fast. Many abracadabra like that. Even this fraudulent behavior has been introduced to the phones market. They will pre-program a phone of 16GB to read 32GB, or a phone of 32GB to read 64Gb etc. When you check the specs in the phone settings, it will say 64GB, but when you start using it, before u say Jack Robinson, d storage don finish, no space to save any apps or files again. 1GB memory phone will read 2G etc. To buy Electronics now, one gast to shine his eyes well, whether na new or used Electronics
This your experience ehn. You don see shit.

3 Likes

Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by percytargy: 5:45pm On Sep 04, 2020
mabeni:
Some days ago i posted on how i was duped in Alaba international market. That's the link if you missed it.

https://www.nairaland.com/6089539/how-defrauded-alaba-international-market/14#93531357

Thanks to @ikakahu and everyone who contributed in helping me to call Mr Ben in regards to the issue. Mr Ben called me last night that he's been receiving series of calls from different people as per the issue and asked me to come for settlement. I went this morning and we amicably resolved it.

I added 10k to my initial payment of 25k then my complete set of home theater was given to me.

Once again, thank you all including the moderator who pushed my post the front page.
Moderators, please, take
https://www.nairaland.com/6089539/how-defrauded-alaba-international-market/14#93531357 down.

congrats you are so lucky. I wasn't lucky when one idiot at Ikeja scam me and went away freely

2 Likes

Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by milky3(f): 5:45pm On Sep 04, 2020
IF ONLY WE COULD CALL BUHARI TO REVERT THE FUEL PRICE AND MAKE LIFE WORTH LIVING FOR NIGERIANS.. . HABA
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by adanny01(m): 5:47pm On Sep 04, 2020
I have since stopped going to shops to buy electronics..

Jumia don try for me.

One thing I enjoy is going to the pick up station at my convenience, pay and take it home and I have 7 days to return back if it is defective.
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by ikakahu(m): 5:48pm On Sep 04, 2020
jfking2005:
Thanks to social media.
This is the reason why Alaba market is no longer appealing to anyone again.
People rather go buy things at all these electronics shopping malls.
Congratulations man!!

You are very correct.Sometimes when I mention ALABA INTERNATIONAL to some of my friend,the next thing you will hear is ''Guy,wetin u dey go find there'' What made me to do the last transaction I did there which I ended up being duped is that I ve spent a lot of money setting up a biz and needed a small TV to put there.I knew malls would have been a better option but because I was short of funds then and needed the biz to kick off.

3 Likes

Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by Swansealo2014(m): 5:48pm On Sep 04, 2020
I have not been written here but I think is write time I start doing so,nairaland is truly helping alot of people..
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by otokx(m): 5:53pm On Sep 04, 2020
Nice
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by TechCapon(m): 5:54pm On Sep 04, 2020
mabeni:
Some days ago i posted on how i was duped in Alaba international market. That's the link if you missed it.

https://www.nairaland.com/6089539/how-defrauded-alaba-international-market/14#93531357

Thanks to @ikakahu and everyone who contributed in helping me to call Mr Ben in regards to the issue. Mr Ben called me last night that he's been receiving series of calls from different people as per the issue and asked me to come for settlement. I went this morning and we amicably resolved it.

I added 10k to my initial payment of 25k then my complete set of home theater was given to me.

Once again, thank you all including the moderator who pushed my post the front page.
Moderators, please, take
https://www.nairaland.com/6089539/how-defrauded-alaba-international-market/14#93531357 down.

post pics of the home theater.
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by stieyven(m): 5:59pm On Sep 04, 2020
mabeni:
���. I been think sey i wise. Not knowing i be mumu.
It's a sin to call yourself or another a fool. Whoever calls another a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by tot(f): 6:00pm On Sep 04, 2020
possibility99:
Hope you've tested it. I no wan hear say na water generator dey power am ohhh grin grin I guess those in authority in the market will try and look into scamming issues.
MODIFIED

The part of the story that really sweet me was where the OP said "it pained me down to my marrow" I no fit laugh. This is just an inch of what all those yahoo victims faces . 25K OP wan do juju grin Some fools here on Nairaland will be supporting cyber crime One day, dem go scam you tooo

Tell them abeg.

1 Like

Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by DannyJ19(m): 6:01pm On Sep 04, 2020
Enjoy wink
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by ikakahu(m): 6:02pm On Sep 04, 2020
majamajic:
Nice

Alaba have a very strong union , one guy here said the union was on the matter that yesterday
Cos some of them dey nairaland here

I doubt if the strength of the union is based on meting out disciplinary actions on defaulting traders including their Task Force Units(electronics and phone section).For those of them that are here,they might be thinking that what is happening here does not matter but if I ve never being to ALABA INT.MARKET,I wont read all these and still be foolish to visit there except I want to buy plantain and pear.You need to be scammed by some of these miscreants in order to understand how painful it is.

1 Like

Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by tot(f): 6:02pm On Sep 04, 2020
UDUJ:

cheesy grin cheesy I dey tell you. We still have some sane people here but the ratio of sane to insane ones is like 5:95. The mad people are in majority cheesy

Hahahaha. This ratio na wa grin
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by ModestGal(f): 6:04pm On Sep 04, 2020
Who knows where to buy sewing machine at Alaba
Re: Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. by peeday: 6:07pm On Sep 04, 2020
This one too recently defrauded me.. Enoch Ikechukwu on Facebook
Emmanuel Ikechukwu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria / Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release / Five Fastest Growing Small Scale Businesses In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.