Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,024 members, 7,849,133 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 03:01 PM

State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration (43893 Views)

Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service / State By State Figures Of Eligible 2015 Voters As Released By INEC / Inec Voters Registration November 13th To 17th. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 23, 2011
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 23, 2011
PStylish:

@All
For the clearance of doubt, the population of registered voters was high in Lagos as a result of a large influx of people from neighbouring settlements in Ogun state into the state to register.
These settlements/towns include : Akute, Lambe, Ibafo, Mowe,Ofada, Ota and so many other towns in Ogun state that harbour Lagosians. Residents of these places never see themselves as Ogun state residents as most of them work in Lagos.
INEC, however, underestimated the population of these areas in supplying them extremely few DDC machines.Registration was a bottleneck until the very last day. It was so bad that my younger ones had to leave home as early as 4:45 am to go and write down their names at the registration center.They then registered the following day. That was the trend. For me, that was too much sacrifice and I simply registered in Victoria Island, Lagos.Same with my mum. Hence I wont vote.
That was why the exercise was extended by 2 days in Ogun state.
Lagos was overwhelmed with ddc machines hence most neighbouring Ogun residents registered in Lagos. Many people place a higher value on the voter's card than voting proper. Only a few people will vote.

On the issue of tribalism
At this juncture, it is beginning to get clearer to me that some posters are on Nairaland/Seun's payroll. No offence. Their job function/description is to make every thread as lively as possible.One of the best ways of doing this is to infuse tribalism into the thread. Tribalism sells like sex. I hope you all know that. From my observation, the longest living threads on this forum are those with tribal/ethnic sentiments. I would have loved to mention the names of these posters but let me leave it.
That said,, tribalism is part and parcel of this country and there is tribalism everywhere in the world. If not why did the English population prefer Cameron to Brown. Please spare me those modern day analyses.
What we should discuss is how we can manage it and infact exploit it to our benefit. This is should be the core focus of our unity in diversity sermon.
Some years back when I was a corper, I lived in a christian corper's fellowship family house and later the state owned corper's lodge. All the time I lived in those places, there were always tribal clashes. The family house was 85% Yoruba. Hence, the Igbos always took offence anytime Yorubas were gisting,conversing in Yoruba. They would think we were talking about them. But we never stopped them from speaking Igbo.Funny enough, our patron was a Pastor and Igbo. But anytime he came around, he spoke Yoruba to us. Every decision in the house was coloured with tribal sentiments by the Igbos.There was resentment until the very last day. I later moved to the govt corper's lodge.

The govt owned corper's lodge was even more interesting. There were Igbo rooms, Yoruba rooms, Niger-Delta rooms. The few northerners mostly stayed in the kitchen. Why? No space.The lodge coordinator - a fellow corper, allocated fresh intakes into the lodge rooms on the basis of tribe. Hence, we were all Yoruba in my room. the 4th person was a Yoruba-egbira from Kogi state. One incident that shocked me was on a day I wanted to enter a Niger-Delta room. An ijaw corper, Priye, accosted me at the entrance and demanded what I was looking for? I was embarrassed. She later said and I quote "abi una wan turn this place to Yoruba room again". When I heard that, I turned back without responding.

But despite these partitions, we still had a lot of respect for one another.We played games together, straffed each other etc.I usually watched CL matches in my Igbo neighbour's room.There were no clashes whatsoever.Everyone of us knew the line. We didn't cross it.I enjoyed every bit of my stay in the lodge.

Even NYSC couldn't eradicate tribalism. It is part and parcel of human nature.

Thanks for being down to earth about this. The worst part of it is the religious angle with particular ref to the Southern-Christian and Nothern-Moslem periscope. And some of us are syaing, let us have some autonomy in the zones or regions with a weak centre. If things continue like this, Nigeria will one day explode again. Jos is a pointer to this.
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by JaaizTech: 2:40pm On Feb 23, 2011
It is rather pathetic that we are a country that lays more emphasis on religion, ethnicity rather than competence, achievement, ideologies and personalities. It is sad when you hear supporters rooting for a particular candidate mainly because of his ethnicity or religion.  I have no doubt in my mind that rationale of this kind can never lead us to any meaningful development.
However, I have taken the pain to put the voter's demographics in a graphical form for people to analyse further.

It appears GEJ would be shocked by the outcome of this voter's registration and I fear He might be having a rethink about free & fair election.

BUT IF ANY OF YOU IS INTERESTED IN MOVING AWAY FROM THE USUAL MEDIOCRITY THAT HAS PLAGUED THE HIGHEST OFFICES IN GOVERNMENT THAN HE / SHE SHOULD HAVE HOPE IN RIBADU/FOLA ADEOLA. There is surely a lot of hope in this partnership.
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by emmatok(m): 3:18pm On Feb 23, 2011
PStylish:

@All
For the clearance of doubt, the population of registered voters was high in Lagos as a result of a large influx of people from neighbouring settlements in Ogun state into the state to register.
These settlements/towns include : Akute, Lambe, Ibafo, Mowe,Ofada, Ota and so many other towns in Ogun state that harbour Lagosians. Residents of these places never see themselves as Ogun state residents as most of them work in Lagos.
INEC, however, underestimated the population of these areas in supplying them extremely few DDC machines.Registration was a bottleneck until the very last day. It was so bad that my younger ones had to leave home as early as 4:45 am to go and write down their names at the registration center.They then registered the following day. That was the trend. For me, that was too much sacrifice and I simply registered in Victoria Island, Lagos.Same with my mum. Hence I wont vote.
That was why the exercise was extended by 2 days in Ogun state.
Lagos was overwhelmed with ddc machines hence most neighbouring Ogun residents registered in Lagos. Many people place a higher value on the voter's card than voting proper. Only a few people will vote.

On the issue of tribalism
At this juncture, it is beginning to get clearer to me that some posters are on Nairaland/Seun's payroll. No offence. Their job function/description is to make every thread as lively as possible.One of the best ways of doing this is to infuse tribalism into the thread. Tribalism sells like sex. I hope you all know that. From my observation, the longest living threads on this forum are those with tribal/ethnic sentiments. I would have loved to mention the names of these posters but let me leave it.
That said,, tribalism is part and parcel of this country and there is tribalism everywhere in the world. I[b]f not why did the English population prefer Cameron to Brown. Please spare me those modern day analyses.[/b]
What we should discuss is how we can manage it and infact exploit it to our benefit. This is should be the core focus of our unity in diversity sermon.
Some years back when I was a corper, I lived in a christian corper's fellowship family house and later the state owned corper's lodge. All the time I lived in those places, there were always tribal clashes. The family house was 85% Yoruba. Hence, the Igbos always took offence anytime Yorubas were gisting,conversing in Yoruba. They would think we were talking about them. But we never stopped them from speaking Igbo.Funny enough, our patron was a Pastor and Igbo. But anytime he came around, he spoke Yoruba to us. Every decision in the house was coloured with tribal sentiments by the Igbos.There was resentment until the very last day. I later moved to the govt corper's lodge.

The govt owned corper's lodge was even more interesting. There were Igbo rooms, Yoruba rooms, Niger-Delta rooms. The few northerners mostly stayed in the kitchen. Why? No space.The lodge coordinator - a fellow corper, allocated fresh intakes into the lodge rooms on the basis of tribe. Hence, we were all Yoruba in my room. the 4th person was a Yoruba-egbira from Kogi state. One incident that shocked me was on a day I wanted to enter a Niger-Delta room. An ijaw corper, Priye, accosted me at the entrance and demanded what I was looking for? I was embarrassed. She later said and I quote "abi una wan turn this place to Yoruba room again". When I heard that, I turned back without responding.

But despite these partitions, we still had a lot of respect for one another.We played games together, straffed each other etc.I usually watched CL matches in my Igbo neighbour's room.There were no clashes whatsoever.Everyone of us knew the line. We didn't cross it.I enjoyed every bit of my stay in the lodge.

Even NYSC couldn't eradicate tribalism. It is part and parcel of human nature.

I AGREE YOU. Tribalism sells like sex
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 23, 2011
Its got to be BB grin
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by eewule(m): 3:42pm On Feb 23, 2011
How come Kano has the most registered ? I thought most of our countries population was in the south and south-west ?
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 23, 2011
Abagworo:

That is the beginning of GEJ's wahala.Southeast and South-South has a combined population of 15 million which is just 1million more than SW alone.

It will shock u to your marrows tha ove 3 million people in lagos are not yorubas,not forgetting the fact that even yorubas supporting GEJ will still vote for him.same goes for Kano too
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by Donmeca(m): 4:28pm On Feb 23, 2011
I agree that the INEC figures in most states raises eyebrows. Every state and politician may even be guilty of fraudulent registration (was it not at the Redemption Camp that a woman was caught with six voter's cards bearing her photos with six different names and surnames, just about a week ago?). Thus every state of this federation will def hav thousands of invalid (be it underaged, fictitious or multiple) registration. The only point, like in d last census and elections, is that some will outdo the others in d game.

That said, I can pronounce anywhere that there are still millions of eligible Nigerian voters who did not register (either due to apathy, last-minute syndrome, ill-health or even time constraint). i for one registered on Monday being the last of the final two days extension (after the first 7 days extension), why? cos I cud not imagine myself queuing from morning till night in a place (missing my daily runs) without getting registered. Recall that some people queued like this for upwards of 5 days before being registered, while others lost faith in d exercise after d first two days. With this said I can say that figures for some states are short of the expected numbers (especially cosmopolitan states). rural states may have little of this issue to contend with.

This also tells me that this election will be won and lost in the villages. . .not townships/state capitals (I know pple will call Lagos a town; it is a state and it's villages are d outskirts/slums). . .these are where d battle for soul of Nigeria lies. Who wins is he who reaches out to the people (those people who will vote, NOT the LEKKI and VI peops that will warn [/b]their KIDS not to go near d polling units. To this end, I don't think Ribadu and Buhari are doing it right. . .they seem to neglect grassroot mobilisation. . . they are the peops who understand d language; "[b]Register, Vote and Stay to Protect ur VOte". They will do it a million times over for mere promises! cheesy
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by hackney(m): 6:39pm On Feb 23, 2011
@tkbabe97:

I actually want us to pull out our birth certs.
lets clear up this anonymous b.ullsh.it you hide under.
Me born in the jungle? what a brothel mistake you are.

Lets put up passport-side photos too.
Tiger-marked  ferral Arrow.
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 23, 2011
hackney:

@tkbabe97:

Dude, you nailed it grin
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by scholes0(m): 7:48pm On Feb 23, 2011
^^ Hey hey Will u stop bleeping there, 
Anyway, I dont know how some peeps on here Are using these figures to estimate Ethnic populations,  How lame!!!
The most I can conclude from those figures is that, Southerners didnt take the voters registeration very serious, while the Northerners voted En-Masse,  Many southerners were probably busy in their places of work, businesses, Etc,    while most Educated southerners most Probably didnt see anu useful benefits in Registering for a voting operation in a nation like Nigeria.
I can bet if tyhe entire South West voted in that thing, then those figures for SW are going to explode.
The same thing applies to the National census. Sotherners have the ''I DONT CARE'' Attitide, And after the figures come out, they are usually the first to come out bleeping and mourning ''Oh the Hausa-Fulani have registered all their cattle'' While this is probably true {For the most part}, Those same southerners were orobably Thinking of money, Work, Travelling, Education E.tc during the registeration
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by agabaI23(m): 8:23pm On Feb 23, 2011
scholes0:

^^ Hey hey Will u stop bleeping there, 
Anyway, I dont know how some peeps on here Are using these figures to estimate Ethnic populations,  How lame!!!
The most I can conclude from those figures is that, Southerners didnt take the voters registeration very serious, while the Northerners voted En-Masse,  Many southerners were probably busy in their places of work, businesses, Etc,    while most Educated southerners most Probably didnt see anu useful benefits in Registering for a voting operation in a nation like Nigeria.
I can bet if tyhe entire South West voted in that thing, then those figures for SW are going to explode.
The same thing applies to the National census.   Sotherners have the ''I DONT CARE'' Attitide,  And after the figures come out, they are usually the first to come out bleeping and mourning ''Oh the Hausa-Fulani have registered all their cattle''    While this is probably true {For the most part}, Those same southerners were orobably Thinking of money, Work, Travelling, Education E.tc during the registeration
Yea this is how serious they were registering under aged voters.
That was in Kano

Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by scholes0(m): 8:33pm On Feb 23, 2011
Most of those boyus in there look like Undeeraged Boys from Primary school, Is that pic for real? :??
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by bkbabe97y(m): 8:46pm On Feb 23, 2011
hackney:

@tkbabe97:

Sure, and after that will I start receiving E-Mails written in badly lettered english promising me 25% of $10gazzillion if I assisted in transferring money to my accounts?! Fooooooool!

Go scam some1 else!
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by agabaI23(m): 8:48pm On Feb 23, 2011
scholes0:

Most of those boys in there look like Undeeraged Boys from Primary school,  Is that pic for real? :??
Yes it is for real. From Sahara reporters
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by hackney(m): 9:52pm On Feb 23, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Sure, and after that will I start receiving E-Mails written in badly lettered english promising me 25% of $10gazzillion if I assisted in transferring money to my accounts?! Fooooooool!

Go scam some1 else!

Are email addresses on US or UK passports? ? what a bloody idi.ot.
Me? badly lettered english? typical! !
I know you think you are more educated because all you lazy oafs could manage was go to school in droves.
You are actually mediocre in all of life's endeavours if you think about it.

Talkative descendants of who.res
Go sleep with your son's wife.
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by Nobody: 9:55pm On Feb 23, 2011
Why are the SEasterners whinning again?

Wasnt it a few months ago una was beating una chest saying something about not voting in the election, sth about "I am not a Nigerian, I am a Biafran"? Foolish losers. Next time vote and show yourself as a majority, obv your votes wont be really holding much water this time around.
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by hackney(m): 10:10pm On Feb 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Why are the SEasterners whinning again?

Wasnt it a few months ago una was beating una chest saying something about not voting in the election, sth about "I am not a Nigerian, I am a Biafran"? Foolish losers. Next time vote and show yourself as a majority, obv your votes wont be really holding much water this time around.

That's exactly what abiola said.
keep talking.
Oh and did i mention the ABN chief is a relative?

He might be the devil's incarnate but you dont run your mouth about the igbos in person and you know it.
Keep typing.
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 23, 2011
hackney:

That's exactly what abiola said.
keep talking.
Oh and did i mention the ABN chief is a relative?

Even if the ABN chief was your papa nko? Obviously this thread/whining wont have been needed.
Trying to claim power where you'd had nothing to show for it. Yes, the "Yoruba-Hausa-Fulani Oligarchy" will continue to control una.
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by aljharem11(m): 10:14pm On Feb 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Even if the ABN chief was your papa nko? Obviously this thread/whining wont have been needed.
Trying to claim power where you'd had nothing to show for it. Yes, the "Yoruba-Hausa-Fulani Oligarchy" will continue to control una.

not necessary
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by hackney(m): 10:15pm On Feb 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Hang on , so GEJ is part of the oligarchy now, is he?
Oh dear.

Do you people look like you are ruling.
na u get your mouth sha and we know as una sabi run am so. . .
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 23, 2011
alj harem1:

not necessary
Sweet, dont tell me what is necessary or not.

Those were not my words, I'm throwing his ppl's description of Nigerian Govt back at him, very very necessary.
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 23, 2011
hackney:

Oh dear.

Oh yes, we must now add that. tut tut.
Can you imagine a minority is being more respected than a majority? It's a slap in the face, aint it? The position you ppl have been crying for for more than 40 yrs, then to have an Ijaw man steal the limelight. OUCH!
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 23, 2011
hackney:

Oh dear.

Do you people look like you are ruling.
na u get your mouth sha and we know as una sabi run am so. . .

Obv "You ppl" aint.
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by hackney(m): 10:20pm On Feb 23, 2011
Minority respected over a majority? Your people wouldnt even dare
(only in cyber-space)
Why dont you change his name to Ogbomosho so we are sure there's no way he is one of us.
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by hackney(m): 10:22pm On Feb 23, 2011
If the Hausas support GEJ guess what you will do ? (again). follow-follow.
We know what we want.
what do you want?
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by Nobody: 10:24pm On Feb 23, 2011
hackney:

Minority respected over a majority? Your people wouldnt even dare
(only in cyber-space)
Why dont you change his name to Ogbomosho so we are sure there's no way he is one of us.

Dared, deed and done.
GEJ has been posted for some months now, and might be our next president. cha cha cha! grin

hackney:

If the Hausas support GEJ guess what you will do ? (again). follow-follow.
We know what we want.
what do you want?
LOL We're not the ones doing boyboy for the Hausa man up there grin And its obvious that the Yorubaman does not follow the Hausa man when it comes to electoral decisions.
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by hackney(m): 10:31pm On Feb 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Dared, deed and done.
GEJ has been posted for some months now, and might be our next president. cha cha cha! grin
LOL We're not the ones doing boyboy for the Hausa man up there grin And its obvious that the Yorubaman does not follow the Hausa man when it comes to electoral decisions.

Your blood lineage is too watered down. your men are like women.
There has never been a time when you as a people have stood up and said : this is us and our agenda
Its always "this is the hausas and us"  or " this maybe is us till we see who is winning"
two-faced all the way from the highest echelons of politics to grassroot.

Who trusts you now in nigeria?
Ask somebody.

And if the hausas left nigeria after finding oil in the chad basin, you will see how your fathers will run away from the country.
grin grin
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 23, 2011
hackney:

Your blood lineage is too watered down. your men are like women.
There has never been a time when you as a people have stood up and said : this is us and our agenda
Its always "this is the hausas and us"  or " this maybe is us till we see who is winning"
two-faced all the way from the highest echelons of politics to grassroot.

Who trusts you now in nigeria?
Ask somebody.

Try not to take your frustration out on Yoruba ppl because of your complete lack of importance in 2011 election. 2015 is coming soon.
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by ekubear1: 10:33pm On Feb 23, 2011
Trust? Nobody trusts anybody in Nigeria.

Imo, we should sell off our votes to whoever offers the better deal.

Whether we are trusted or not, the SW shall be the kingmaker in this upcoming election.
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by hackney(m): 10:45pm On Feb 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Try not to take your frustration out on Yoruba ppl because of your complete lack of importance in 2011 election. 2015 is coming soon.

frustration ? ? I honestly dont even like politics.
Complete lack of importance? do all your elites have to die in prison before you learn?
A  president can come from ayia napa for all i care as long as he is a good president.
(I will even vote for fashola if he runs JUST because he knows what he's doing)

Simply put, as a people, una no be am.

imagine an Igbo winning the presidential election and dying in prison in that country? ?
goose pimples.
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by scholes0(m): 10:54pm On Feb 23, 2011
^^ Hey u this Ibo boy, What is your problem??
Was it the Hausa that overturned the pdp goverrnments in half of the sw, Ode!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Osinbajo And His Supporters On A Motorcade In Abuja On Monday(photos) / Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line / Army Storms Oporoza As Militants Plan To Bomb Abuja, Lagos, PH, Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.