Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,364 members, 7,861,003 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:41 PM

State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration (43904 Views)

Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service / State By State Figures Of Eligible 2015 Voters As Released By INEC / Inec Voters Registration November 13th To 17th. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by jason123: 11:00pm On Feb 23, 2011
eku_bear:

Trust? Nobody trusts anybody in Nigeria.

Imo, we should sell off our votes to whoever offers the better deal.

Whether we are trusted or not, the SW shall be the kingmaker in this upcoming election.

. . . . . . and the NW
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by Cue(m): 11:17pm On Feb 23, 2011
I wonder y Nigerian youth are so ignorant of the commonest things dat matter in Nigeria.Election victory in presidency is not by simple population majority.The winner has to get 2/3 of the votes in at least 2/3 of the states in Naija.So state population is absolutely irrelevant.Every state has the same count and effect!!!!
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by Obiagu1(m): 11:18pm On Feb 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Try not to take your frustration out on Yoruba ppl because of your complete lack of importance in 2011 election. 2015 is coming soon.

Don't deceive yourself.
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by fstranger3(m): 11:18pm On Feb 23, 2011
Obiagu1:

Don't deceive yourself.

Dont fool yourself
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by Obiagu1(m): 11:19pm On Feb 23, 2011
^^^

W.a.n.ker

Go and get a life.
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by ekubear1: 11:31pm On Feb 23, 2011
Obiagu1, she is correct, unfortunately. How on earth will you guys ever win the presidency with voting registration #s such as this? undecided Only 7 million registered in the SE? I know it doesn't reflect your true population, but to me it seems a bad thing to only control that few votes.
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by fstranger3(m): 11:34pm On Feb 23, 2011
Obiagu1:

^^^

W.a.n.ker

Go and get a life.

ObiaGAY1,

Go see your doctor!
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by Obiagu1(m): 11:36pm On Feb 23, 2011
eku_bear:

Obiagu1, she is correct, unfortunately. How on earth will you guys ever win the presidency with voting registration #s such as this? undecided Only 7 million registered in the SE? I know it doesn't reflect your true population, but to me it seems a bad thing to only control that few votes.

Do Igbos only live in the SE? That's the mistake many people make.
Rivers is more or less an Igbo State and the Igbos along with the Urhobos are the two major groups in Delta; Ijaw and Isoko are extreme minorities.

Yorubas are not more than the Igbos in Nigeria. Come up with an estimate let's see.
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by jason123: 11:40pm On Feb 23, 2011
Obiagu1:

Rivers is more or less an Igbo State and the Igbos along with the Urhobos are the two major groups in Delta; Ijaw and Isoko are extreme minorities.

Yorubas are not more than the Igbos in Nigeria. Come up with an estimate let's see.

LOL. OKAY! cheesy
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by Obiagu1(m): 11:43pm On Feb 23, 2011
In terms of not contesting, it was our decision not to vie for any position.

GEJ represents us and we are ok with it. There's no need spliting our votes.
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by Obiagu1(m): 11:44pm On Feb 23, 2011
jason123:

LOL. OKAY! cheesy

I'm wating for it. smiley
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by fstranger3(m): 11:44pm On Feb 23, 2011
Obiagu1:

You are right, the Hausas hate Ndigbo so much, they had to make up numbers. Yeah, the census estimate of 21% Yoruba population is absolutely wrong. After all, Ibos make 99% of Lagos population, 60% of Ibadan, 50 % of Kano and Kaduna, and guess what, 100% of the SE and SE.

Yeah, Igbos are the true majority, yet held down by the stupidd Hausa-Yoruba-Ijaw Oligarchy. I hate dem Yorubas!
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by Cue(m): 11:47pm On Feb 23, 2011
pls can someone remind me of Goodlucks local names and which tribe they are from and y do u think? wink
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by hackney(m): 11:47pm On Feb 23, 2011
fstranger3:

You are right, the Hausas hate Ndigbo so much, they had to make up numbers. Yeah, the census estimate of 21% Yoruba population is absolutely wrong. After all, Ibos make 99% of Lagos population, 60% of Ibadan, 50 % of Kano and Kaduna, and guess what, 100% of the SE and SE.

Yeah, Igbos are the true majority, yet held down by the stupidd Hausa-Yoruba-Ijaw Oligarchy. I hate dem Yorubas!

you and your half-baked sarcasm.

oso ndi owe ndi.
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by Obiagu1(m): 11:48pm On Feb 23, 2011
fstranger3:

Mumu, did we have a provision for ethnicity in the census form?

Just go and Self-Service over the thought of Kobojunkie and Ileke-Idi.
You're absolutely worthless and don't follow me around anymore.
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by Cue(m): 11:51pm On Feb 23, 2011
@ hackney and Obiagu, pls can someone remind me of Goodlucks local names and which tribe they are from and y do u think?
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by dayokanu(m): 11:53pm On Feb 23, 2011
Cue:

@ hackney and Obiagu, pls can someone remind me of Goodlucks local names and which tribe they are from and y do u think?

In your mind [size=18pt]ROTIMI[/size] Amaechi is from Oyo state abi?
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by fstranger3(m): 11:53pm On Feb 23, 2011
Obiagu1:

Mumu, did we have a provision for ethnicity in the census form?

Just go and Self-Service over the thought of Kobojunkie and Ileke-Idi.
You're absolutely worthless and don't follow me around anymore.

Well, if you count whining and complaining as something of worth, then, please by all means, keep deluding yourself. To each his own

Did I also mention that Igbos own 70% of Abuja?
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by ekubear1: 11:54pm On Feb 23, 2011
Obiagu1:

Fine and well. But somehow, elections in Nigeria never turn out that way. You can only guarantee the votes of regions you control.

We very well might be. Here is a post I made earlier that commented on your own calculations: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=610247.msg7782539#msg7782539

You may have missed it. But I'm not sure that ya'll are more numerous than we are. If you are, it isn't by much.
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by jason123: 11:58pm On Feb 23, 2011
Obiagu1:

I'm wating for it.  smiley

There is common agreement, however, that these ethnic groups are broadly divided into ethnic ‘majorities’ and ethnic ‘minorities’. The numerically – and politically - major ethnic groups are the composite Hausa-Fulani of the north, the Yoruba of the southwest, and the Igbo of the southeast. These three ‘hegemonic’ ethnic groups are popularly referred to by the generic term ‘wazobia’. Centres of large population concentrations coincide with the homelands of these three majority ethnic groups who constituted 57.8% of the national population in the 1963 census [Afolayan, 1978; 147 & 155]. That census has the Hausa at 11,653,000 (20.9%), the Yoruba at 11,321,000 (20.3%), and the Igbo at 9,246,000 (16.6) [Jibril, 1991, 111]. All the other ethnicities constitute different degrees of ‘minority’ status. There are ‘large minorities’ like the Ijaw, Kanuri, Edo, Ibibio, Nupe, and the Tiv. Eleven of such large minorities constituted 27.9% of the population in the 1963 census [Afolayan, 1978; 155]. However, since minority status is both a numerical and a political category, often underlined by administrative and economic disadvantages, the bulk of the over 200-odd minority groups shade into different degrees of ‘minoritiness’.

http://www.afrimap.org/english/images/documents/UNRISD%20Nigeria%20Mustapha.pdf

Sources: compiled from GoN, 1952a, Population Census of Northern Region of Nigeria 1952; GoN, 1952b, Population Census of Western Region of Nigeria 1952; & GoN, 1953, Population Census of The Eastern Region of Nigeria 1953.
The figures suggest that the three majority groups constituted about 51.61 percent of the national population in 1952/3. This dominance is accentuated by the tripodal regional administrative set-up of that period. In the Northern Region, the Hausa constituted 32.6 percent of the population. When the allied Fulani is included, the figure rises to 50.6 percent. In the Western Region, the Yoruba constituted 70.8 percent of the population, while in the Eastern Region, the Igbo constituted 61 percent of the population [GoN, 1952a, 26; GoN, 1952b, 18; GoN, 1953, 36]. Buttressing this demographic distribution were colonial perceptions that ‘Nigeria falls naturally into three regions, the North, the West and the East’ [Governor Arthur Richards, cited in Oyovbaire, 1983, 8]. There is therefore the numerical and political preponderance of the three majority ethnic groups, in their respective regions, and in the nation as a whole. The tendency of many minority groups to cluster – politically, linguistically and culturally - round the big three, has given Nigeria a tripolar ethnic structure which forms the main context for ethnic mobilization and contestation.

Population of Speakers of the 12 Largest Language Groups.

Language

1963 Population

% of

Total

1986 Population

(projected)

Hausa

Yoruba

Igbo

Fulfulde

Subtotal

Kanuri

Ibibio

Tiv

Ijaw (Izon)

Edo

Nupe

Urhobo

Igala

Subtotal

Others

TOTAL

Source: Jibril, Munzali: 1991, 111]

http://dialogueseriesnew..com/2010/12/usa-africa-dialogue-series-ethnic.html

The Hausa in the past have been officially estimated to constitute 21% of the population; Yoruba, 21%; Ibo, 18%; Fulani, 12%; Ijaw, 10%; Kanuri, 4.1%; Ibibio, 3.6%; Tiv, 2.5%; and others, 18.7%.

Read more: Ethnic groups - Nigeria - area http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/Africa/Nigeria-ETHNIC-GROUPS.html#ixzz1EpFS3ruO

Can you see that everything points towards my argument smiley
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by jason123: 12:01am On Feb 24, 2011
From these sites above, it shows that Yoruba and Hausa (without the Fulani) have the same number. I guess it is because of the high rate of polygamy that is prevalent in the two ethnic groups.
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by fstranger3(m): 12:02am On Feb 24, 2011
^^^^

You should have allowed the ssdiot to wallow in his stupidity, I had already seen those numbers. Just wanted to continue to mock his Odechukwu-ness
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by Obiagu1(m): 12:03am On Feb 24, 2011
eku_bear:

Fine and well. But somehow, elections in Nigeria never turn out that way. You can only guarantee the votes of regions you control.

Sure. We only have to bridge the divide between SE and SS which we are already doing or trying to do. At worst, If an Igbo vies for a position, SS Igbos' votes will be guaranteed.

eku_bear:

We very well might be. Here is a post I made earlier that commented on your own calculations: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=610247.msg7782539#msg7782539

You may have missed it. But I'm not sure that ya'll are more numerous than we are. If you are, it isn't by much.

I didn't forget, I know that Yorubas are in Kogi too but remember I underestimated the Igbo population in Delta; I only put it at 30% but they are more than that. In addition, I can bet that the number of Igbos in Lagos is almost the same as that of Igbos in the North. Luxury buses that move Igbos to both North and Lagos have almost the same volume.
It's easier to estimate Igbos in Lagos that other states.
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by Cue(m): 12:04am On Feb 24, 2011
Analyse exhaustively, Rotimi CHIBUIKE AMAECHI.The surname plus middle name is enuf to draw from. Goodluck and Jonathan can be from anywhere,but the 2nd and third names are not a mere coincidence.Goodluck EBELECHUKWU AZIKIWE Jonathan.Anyone who doesnt get wat i'm sayin here doesnt kno the history of the South East,South South Mix and the Events of the former East central state., and doesnt kno certain details about d details of Mr president and his wife.Do u know where his wife is from?And no one should face me wth insults,face me with dissenting facts ,unless ur IQ is less than 20,
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by jason123: 12:04am On Feb 24, 2011
Obiagu1:

Sure. We only have to bridge the divide between SE and SS which we are already doing or trying to do. At worst, If an Igbo vies for a position, SS Igbos' votes will be guaranteed.

LOL. May we dey watch, shall we?! smiley
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by aljharem11(m): 12:06am On Feb 24, 2011
jason123:

From these sites above, it shows that Yoruba and Hausa (without the Fulani) have the same number. I guess it is because of the high rate of polygamy that is prevalent in the two ethnic groups.

which mean kanuri and igbos are the same number

i would love this election you know
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by fstranger3(m): 12:07am On Feb 24, 2011
Cue:

Analyse exhaustively, Rotimi CHIBUIKE AMAECHI.The surname plus middle name is enuf to draw from. Goodluck and Jonathan can be from anywhere,but the 2nd and third names are not a mere coincidence.Goodluck EBELECHUKWU AZIKIWE Jonathan.Anyone who doesnt get wat i'm sayin here doesnt kno the history of the South East,South South Mix and the Events of the former East central state., and doesnt kno certain details about d details of Mr president and his wife.Do u know where his wife is from?And no one should face me wth insults,face me with dissenting facts ,unless your IQ is less than 20,

Isnt Obama also Ibo? or Was it Obama's wife? Barackuckwu sounds Ibo to me.

Unless you face me with dissenting facts, I'll take it that Tigerwoods is also Ibo

IgboKWenu!

BY the way, what about OBJ, Arochukwu Ibo? or is it Ngwa?
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by binhozie(m): 12:07am On Feb 24, 2011
KANO STATE  shocked
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by ekubear1: 12:07am On Feb 24, 2011
Obiagu1:

I didn't forget, I know that Yorubas are in Kogi too but remember I underestimated the Igbo population in Delta; I only put it at 30% but they are more than that. In addition, I can bet that the number of Igbos in Lagos is almost the same as that of Igbos in the North. Luxury buses that move Igbos to both North and Lagos have almost the same volume.
It's easier to estimate Igbos in Lagos that other states.
Fair enough. We can agree to disagree.
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by Obiagu1(m): 12:08am On Feb 24, 2011
@ Jason,

I don't trust those figures. Ohaneze implored OBJ to consider ethnicity in the last census but he refused.
Now that we have DDC machines, next census will shock you if ethnicity is include in the data to be collected.
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by aljharem11(m): 12:09am On Feb 24, 2011
Obiagu1:

may be, only if ohaneze or jonathan promise them something

anioma people are feeling separated from their brothers
Re: State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration by PhysicsMHD(m): 12:09am On Feb 24, 2011
How are Igbos more than 30% of Delta state?

31%? 33%? 35%?

30% is around the right estimate, actually.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Gov Fayose Spotted On Top Of Okada Today On His Way To Government House(pics) / Osinbajo And His Supporters On A Motorcade In Abuja On Monday(photos) / Fani-Kayode Writes On The ''Killing Of 105 Soldiers By Boko Haram''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.