Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,434 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It (7167 Views)

Oranmiiyan Was The Son Of A Benin Prince Who Was Exiled / Is Adesuwa A Benin Name? / 5 Unwritten Cultural Rules Of The Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by AreaFada2: 3:25pm On Sep 06, 2020
macof:

Same old talk. If you claim to have Yoruba ancestry then I put it to you that you are acting like a bastard
And need to seek forgiveness from your Yoruba ancestors
Ah! If my relative was deposed for having a different political position to Awo, then not surprising that Yoruba that claim being accommodators can be very intolerant towards even the highest of Yoruba stock.

Your talk of bastard is the regular intolerance FKK, Fayoshe and Yinka Odumakin/Afenifere endure in Yorubaland daily.

It's all political brainwash by the Yoruba political god of the hour. It was Awo, now Tinubu.

That just rubbishes the touted tolerance you guys brag about. The only tolerance is of Fulani impunity.

Bastard to me is he who cannot tolerate their people for having a different political stand but would lie and kowtow to his killers hoping to be rewarded with Aso Rock. To walk upon the corpses of his people to Aso Rock.

2 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by TAO11(f): 4:45pm On Sep 06, 2020
gregyboy:
[s]TAO11 i will be leaving you now, please i beg of you stop using benin-ife fabricated history to uplift the yoruba ego to the igbos , the moment you do i will be standing beside you

This time no more warning for you and your coward brothers this time, i will have all your necks on my knees for good

This is not my official response to this the official comment is still on hold, so hold your heart tight, i would be coming for it[/s]

And after the disgrace, he ran away in shame. grin cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12281275_ac62176072c64968b351344f75a97305_jpeg_jpegd403e34fe4158794a6a2cc4e4c683f47

As for the Ife-Benin connection, refer to my response to you at the link below. Start from the 6th block of comment specifically:

https://www.nairaland.com/6048841/how-unveil-promote-ancient-igbo/55#93639393

12 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by macof(m): 11:59pm On Sep 06, 2020
AreaFada2:

Ah! If my relative was deposed for having a different political position to Awo, then not surprising that Yoruba that claim being accommodators can be very intolerant towards even the highest of Yoruba stock.

Your talk of bastard is the regular intolerance FKK, Fayoshe and Yinka Odumakin/Afenifere endure in Yorubaland daily.

It's all political brainwash by the Yoruba political god of the hour. It was Awo, now Tinubu.

That just rubbishes the touted tolerance you guys brag about. The only tolerance is of Fulani impunity.

Bastard to me is he who cannot tolerate their people for having a different political stand but would lie and kowtow to his killers hoping to be rewarded with Aso Rock. To walk upon the corpses of his people to Aso Rock.

Lol coon. We are talking about your inherent hatred and constant attack on anything Yoruba on this forum, what is again expressed in this post. and you are talking about Awolowo and Tinubu
Again if you are part Yoruba as you claim then you are acting as a bastard and need to seek forgiveness from your ancestors. So you choose
I'm not discussing Nigerian politics here

Ogbeni n pajalọbọ grin we know your tactics

4 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by macof(m): 12:04am On Sep 07, 2020
TAO11:

Hahaha “O-to-Gun = Strenght” or what did I just read??

What is the meaning of “O”; what is “to”; and what is the meaning of “Gun”.

That is what I asked for. Stop disgracing some sensible Edo slaves. grin cheesy

Even Tinubu laughed hard at: “O-to-Gun = Strenght” grin cheesy Omg!
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12281274_99e0a1b6124842cabcf04ce2ca79bd4f_jpeg_jpegf9fd0a9be1b03aeefb053f51896e9126
Moreover, my question on “Ayelala” remains the same:

What is the meaning of: “Ayelala” in Edo language??

Please don’t give me the obviously ridiculous bull-crap of “Aye” is “God”, and “Lala” is “loud” —meaning “God is Loud” cheesy grin [my stomach oo grin]

“God” in Edo is not “Aye”,. “God” in Edo is “Osa” or sometimes “Oghene”..

And “Lala” has absolutely no meaning in Edo language.

Refer to my earlier comments here for the actual meaning of Ayelala as broken down syllable-by-syllable:

https://www.nairaland.com/6097950/ayelala-benin-worship-dont-mind#93622849

grin grin grin grin grin Bini clowns
Ayé is now God not Osa anymore grin grin grin

You forget these are people who can stop their oral traditions and create a new age tale to fit an agenda against the Yoruba
Why can't they reconfigure their language to do same

Soon new Bini Blogs will have "Ayé" as God on their basic Bini language vocabulary lists grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by TAO11(f): 12:31am On Sep 07, 2020
macof:

You forget these are people who can stop their oral traditions and create a new age tale to fit an agenda against the Yoruba

Soon new Bini Blogs will have "Ayé" as God on their basic Bini language vocabulary lists grin
grin cheesy grin The dullard wants to keel somebody with laughter.

“Ayelala = God is loud” shocked What!? grin cheesy Inferiority complex at its peak.

12 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by AreaFada2: 7:07am On Sep 07, 2020
macof:

Lol coon. We are talking about your inherent hatred and constant attack on anything Yoruba on this forum, what is again expressed in this post. and you are talking about Awolowo and Tinubu
Again if you are part Yoruba as you claim then you are acting as a bastard and need to seek forgiveness from your ancestors. So you choose
I'm not discussing Nigerian politics here

Ogbeni n pajalọbọ grin we know your tactics
The way someone who would call himself omoluabi uses the word bastard effortlessly says more about. That not what people brag to be that matters but by their fruits, you shall know them.
Good luck to you.
Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by gregyboy(m): 9:31am On Sep 07, 2020
macof:

Aye is not god.....

The idol is aye
Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by TAO11(f): 9:45am On Sep 07, 2020
gregyboy:
Aye is not god.....

The idol is aye
And what does this supposed name “Aye” of this supposed idol mean in Edo language?? grin grin

And I almost forgot what does “lala” too mean in Edo language? grin cheesy

Break it down syllable by syllable! cheesy

Dem go begin to dey luku-luku. grin
Btw, the word ”umogun” in the praise title of the Oba of Benin has absolutely nothing to do with the deity “Ogun”. You fraud! grin

Consider the screenshot below and tell me how the word “umogun” has any related meaning with the deity “Ogun”.

cc: macof

19 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by gregyboy(m): 10:33am On Sep 07, 2020
TAO11:
And what does this supposed name “Aye” of this supposed idol mean in Edo language?? grin grin

And I almost forgot what does “lala” too mean in Edo language? grin cheesy

Break it down syllable by syllable! cheesy

Dem go begin to dey luku-luku. grin
Btw, the word ”umogun” in the praise title of the Oba of Benin has absolutely nothing to do with the deity “Ogun”. You fraud! grin

Consider the screenshot below and tell me how the word “umogun” has any related meaning with the deity “Ogun”.

That why i told you and your coward brothers ogub is indigenous to benin and was introduced by the benins to eastern Yorubas who later introduced it to the entire yoruba people just like ayelala
When your referto the oba as umogun, you're simply saying the oba is as strong as an iron

The name

Aye = there is no
Ayevbosa, there is no one like god

Lala= sound waring

You get it from words like

Iyelala= mothers warnings

Ayelala = i guesd you already know

Ayelala = there is no sound warning beyond this

TAO11 i want your neck on my knees i hope you and your brothers don't crack a cold painful joke with this

1 Like

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by TAO11(f): 11:36am On Sep 07, 2020
gregyboy:
That why i told you and your coward brothers ogub is indigenous to benin and was introduced by the benins to eastern Yorubas who later introduced it to the entire yoruba people just like ayelala
When your referto the oba as umogun, you're simply saying the oba is as strong as an iron

The name

Aye = there is no
Ayevbosa, there is no one like god

Lala= sound waring

You get it from words like

Iyelala= mothers warnings

Ayelala = i guesd you already know

Ayelala = there is no sound warning beyond this

TAO11 i want your neck on my knees i hope you and your brothers don't crack a cold painful joke with this
Hahaha! grin cheesy

(1) “Aye” is not “God” any longer, it is now “there is no”.

But wait a second, you had said “Aye” is the name of the idol.

In other words, there is an idol in Benin whose name is “there is no”.

More like saying: @gregyboy, let’s go and worship ”there is no”. grin cheesy

And Tinubu laughed hysterically again grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12281274_99e0a1b6124842cabcf04ce2ca79bd4f_jpeg_jpegf9fd0a9be1b03aeefb053f51896e9126

(2) And “lala” is not “loud” any longer it is now “sound warning”.

What shall I not read from an Edo dullard?? grin

Moreover, I think updates are made to Edo dictionaries too fast. cheesy

In the space of one day, a new Edo dictionary have been published to update the word for “God” from “Osa”/“Oghene” to “Aye”; and then “lala” was introduced into the Edo lexicon in this same published edition to mean “loud”.

However, the next day the publishers recalled that edition from the market and issued an updated edition which further shifted “Aye” from ”God” to “there is no”; and “lala” from “loud” to “sound warning”. grin cheesy

And even the kids laughed really hard. grin cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12281275_ac62176072c64968b351344f75a97305_jpeg_jpegd403e34fe4158794a6a2cc4e4c683f47

Hold on a second, if “lala” now means “sound warning” according to the latest edition of the Edo dictionary published a few minutes ago; how then does the phrase “beyond this” manage to squeeze itself into your final translation of “Ayelala”? grin

Moreover, if “Ayelala” = “there is no sound warning beyond this” (which of course it is not as I have exposed your dumb fraud here); does this then mean that there is no greater deity to prevent/detect evil acts among the Edos?? grin cheesy

In summary: Your best attempt to be fraudulent is still a dumb attempt. grin cheesy

(3) My argument to you on “Ogun” was and remains as follows:

Based on the screenshot below on the meaning of the word “umogun”; it clearly has nothing to do with the deity “Ogun”; it also has nothing to do with “iron”; and neither does it have anything to do with ”strength”. grin

You see how you’ve exposed Benin kingdom to be under Ife?? grin cheesy

Now apologize and move on with your life peacefully! cheesy

41 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by macof(m): 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2020
AreaFada2:

The way someone who would call himself omoluabi uses the word bastard effortlessly says more about. That not what people brag to be that matters but by their fruits, you shall know them.
Good luck to you.
read your own comment very carefully, multiple times if you need to until it actually sinks in

We know your tactics. You choose are you a bastard or just a lying hater? grin

2 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by lx3as(m): 4:53pm On Sep 07, 2020
If gregyboy is all Binis have got as their moonlight tale historian, then they are in serious trouble.
Binis leant about Aiyelala from Ilajes. There are many Aiyelala threads on this forum.

One of them:

https://www.nairaland.com/3302934/ayelala-deity

2 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by gregyboy(m): 5:10pm On Sep 07, 2020
lx3as:
If gregyboy is all Binis have got as their moonlight tale historian, then they are in serious trouble.
Binis leant about Aiyelala from Ilajes. There are many Aiyelala threads on this forum.

One of them:

Are you aware benin ventured into ondo in ancient days and some of the Benin who did never returned

Lol, i thought you guys were satisfied with TAO11
Comment on yorubas owning ayelala... I guess hers didnt satisy you too....

Lol, i think i have sent TAO11 back to her research lab she will back soon enough and bring in her unfruitful findings

The issue it is not for you to tell if i lied, let the people compare and see the truth

So if ilaje has a myth on the origin of ayelala then they must be the real owners abi, why do yorubas centre all their history on myth and still not ashamed to present them as fact

Just go you be oboro man in Ngige voice

1 Like

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by TAO11(f): 5:12pm On Sep 07, 2020
lx3as:

One of them:

I swear serious deep shit. My moniker has been engraved in his heart forever and ever, Amen! cheesy

Benin please produce a stable mind to save yourself oo. grin

6 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by gregyboy(m): 5:13pm On Sep 07, 2020
lx3as:

One of them:

If they check now yoy are not even in illaje probably one yoruba muslim guy from kwara who
Never step foot for south before

But won just join support the yoruba people
Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by delishpot: 8:29pm On Sep 07, 2020
TAO12:
And the next logical question where they get stuck is:

What is the meaning of "Aiyelala" in Edo language? They will begin to luku-luku. grin

In summary, it is absurd to think that the Edos of old originated a system and them named it in a language alien to them. cheesy

Moreover, here is a video of one of your own -- an Edo curator of one of your Museums admitting without the usual Edo shame, insecurity and inferiority that all the Bini deities were originally from Yorubaland.

Refer to timestamp 1:26 for his revelation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqso2h2gRDw

cc: gregyboy, AreaFada2, MightySparrow, LifeOfTrigga, Vyzz, illicit

You have said it all

3 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by gregyboy(m): 4:32pm On Sep 08, 2020
TAO11:
Hahaha! grin cheesy

(1) “Aye” is not “God” anymore it now “there is no”.

But wait a second, you had said “Aye” is the name of the idol.

In other words, there is an idol in Benin whose name is “there is no”.

More like saying: @gregyboy, let’s go and worship ”there is no”. grin cheesy

And Tinubu laughed hysterically again grin grin

(2) And “lala” is not “loud” any longer it is now “sound warning”.

What shall I not read from an Edo dullard?? grin

Moreover, I think updates are made to Edo dictionaries too fast. cheesy

In the space of one day, a new Edo dictionary have been published to update the word for “God” from “Osa”/“Oghene” to “Aye”; and then “lala” was introduced into the Edo lexicon in this same published edition to mean “loud”.

However, the next day the publishers recalled that edition from the market and issued an updated edition which further shifted “Aye” from ”God” to “there is no”; and “lala” from “loud” to “sound warning”. grin cheesy

And even the kids laughed really hard. grin cheesy

Hold on a second, if “lala” now means “sound warning” according to the latest edition of the Edo dictionary published a few minutes ago; how then does the phrase “beyond this” manage to squeeze itself into your final translation of “Ayelala”? grin

Moreover, if “Ayelala” = “there is no sound warning beyond this” (which of course it is not as I have exposed your dumb fraud here); does this then mean that there is no greater deity to prevent/detect evil acts among the Edos?? grin cheesy

In summary: Your best attempt to be fraudulent is still a dumb attempt. grin cheesy

(3) My argument to you on “Ogun” was and remains as follows:

Based on the screenshot below on the meaning of the word “umogun”; it clearly has nothing to do with the deity “Ogun”; it also has nothing to do with “iron”; and neither does it have anything to do with ”strength”. grin

You see how you’ve exposed Benin kingdom to be under Ife?? grin cheesy

Now apologize and move on with your life peacefully! cheesy

Lol, you started the cold joke after i warned you

..... Lol go and research more, you're not smart for me at all,

I only consider you because you bring something new to the table unlike your cohorts that are self proclaimed yoruba author

You on the other hand is still not smart you post something to tackle me only to still be st my advantage and use it against you.....

No one would argue ever argue with you again on the benin ife myth but instead they will draw alwyas to the truth, that it never existed

You desperation had made me even know benin history i never knew before now, and also opened my eyes to the truth behind the myth,

There is a benin parable which says sometimes

The name ile binu was given by itskeri not oromiyan, a mythical guy from ife, the Portuguese and other European traded with benins for 400yrs and some died at ughoton, some ethnographers even visited the palace and the oba allowed them visit his ancestoral shrines, the Europeans were eager to write and document benin history to sell to their country men and as a matter of fact ethnographers who visted benin 1820 documented that the origin of the dynasty originated when a white god came to sleep with the ogiso daughter who later gave birth to a son who birthed the oba dynasty non mentioned oromiyan or ife relationship with benin over their 400yrs visit to benin angry,
as a matter of fact the itsekiri were the first to meet the Portuguese at the shores of ughoton who later informed them not to venture into edo as the people were always angry, and used alot of human sacrifice if strangers there approached it

Please if you have not read several articles or books on benin history dont open your dirty mouth because you read just an article promoting a benin-ife myth you feel you now have a right to have a say, on this discussion
Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by TAO11(f): 7:49pm On Sep 08, 2020
gregyboy:
[s]Lol, you started the cold joke after i warned you

..... Lol go and research more, you're not smart for me at all,

I only consider you because you bring something new to the table unlike your cohorts that are self proclaimed yoruba author

You on the other hand is still not smart you post something to tackle me only to still be st my advantage and use it against you.....

No one would argue ever argue with you again on the benin ife myth but instead they will draw alwyas to the truth, that it never existed

You desperation had made me even know benin history i never knew before now, and also opened my eyes to the truth behind the myth,

There is a benin parable which says sometimes[/s]
Like I always tell you, oceans of tears, sorrows and frustrations like the above are self-refuting.

However, see the link below for a gentle reminder of where you were disgraced on the Ife-Benin connection here:

https://www.nairaland.com/6097329/surnames-rivers-state-indigenes/20#93713095

By the way, have you worshipped “there is no” today?? grin cheesy

The name ile binu was given by itskeri not oromiyan, a mythical guy from ife, the Portuguese and other European traded with benins for 400yrs and some died at ughoton, some ethnographers even visited the palace and the oba allowed them visit his ancestoral shrines, the Europeans were eager to write and document benin history to sell to their country men and as a matter of fact ethnographers who visted benin 1820 documented that the origin of the dynasty originated when a white god came to sleep with the ogiso daughter who later gave birth to a son who birthed the oba dynasty non mentioned oromiyan or ife relationship with benin over their 400yrs visit to benin angry,
as a matter of fact the itsekiri were the first to meet the Portuguese at the shores of ughoton who later informed them not to venture into edo as the people were always angry, and used alot of human sacrifice if strangers there approached it

Please if you have not read several articles or books on benin history dont open your dirty mouth because you read just an article promoting a benin-ife myth you feel you now have a right to have a say, on this discussion
Thank you for admitting that it was only the Yorubas of your region (i.e. the Itsekiri) who dared call you by the derogatory name — Ile-Ibinu.

This proves again that the Benin account which claims Oranmiyan named the land is in fact true. grin

7 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by babtoundey(m): 11:30pm On Sep 08, 2020
Seriously, I can't help laughing at gregboy shameful comedies. How on earth will you start a fight you cannot finish by creating a subject you are absolutely ignorant of. See as baba made a mockery of himself.
Simple question, tell us the meaning of ayelala, ogun, olokun- the very names of the deities Yoruba steal from you. Baba started stuttering -saying dobodobo

Aye - God,
ayelala- sound warning
aye there is no one

What pack of contradictory nonsense!

And ogun means O GUN

Gregboy, would you mind answering my question o. What kind of GUN is that O? is it AK47, pump action or traditional shakabula?
O gun ko o sword ni.

If Yoruba start giving you ogun panegyric you will know that "o gun" fabrication of yours is an insult to the personality of ogun and to every sane and discerning mind.

O gun.. Mo tun gbo tuntun lenu unbaked scholar of NL

Well, I know no matter how Tao11 tries to make you think straight, you won't get it right. I will advise at this juncture that you do it yourself. Get yourself a copy of Soyinka's "Fourth Stage", read and digest it critically with open mind. If you can do yourself that favor, I'm sure you won't come back to a public forum to utter disgraceful statements like ogun is Edo or ogun means O gun/ O sword.

4 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by gregyboy(m): 10:34am On Sep 09, 2020
TAO11:
Like I always tell you, oceans of tears, sorrows and frustrations like the above are self-refuting.

However, see the link below for a gentle reminder of where you were disgraced on the Ife-Benin connection here:

Thank you for admitting that it was only the Yorubas of your region (i.e. the Itsekiri) who dared call you by the derogatory name — Ile-Ibinu.

This proves again that the Benin account which claims Oranmiyan named the land is in fact true. grin

That sculpture like i always tell is an owo sculpture you seem desperate to make it ife

Can you show us another sculpture from ife having looking thesame as that sculpture from 1300
Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by TAO11(f): 11:03am On Sep 09, 2020
gregyboy:
That sculpture like i always tell is an owo sculpture you seem desperate to make it ife

Can you show us another sculpture from ife having looking thesame as that sculpture from 1300
Hello dullard, the earliest Owo ‘bronze’ sculptures date to the post-1400. grin

Moreover, your eyes must be already soaked in hot tears to have missed the two other examples of Ife sculpture with the same royal regalia which I embedded in that same comment. cheesy

To expose you as always by making folks here view the disgrace you’re being made to go through on that thread, see the link to the comment in question below:

In sum: The Ife-Benin Connection with Ife being suzerain over Benin Kingdom is therefore signed, sealed and delivered! Gbam! cheesy

I will make you hate your parents for their being Edo. grin grin

18 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by TAO11(f): 11:16am On Sep 09, 2020
gregyboy:

You must be feeling really miserable lately for receiving serious koboko left, right, and center from a Yoruba woman. grin

I spit on all Edo liars for their being a bunch of insecure dullards and pathetic revisionists. grin

5 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by gregyboy(m): 2:06pm On Sep 09, 2020
TAO11:

Can you effectively read this page

This is a Yoruba scholar who go against that scupture found in the palace

And he had said that ife had not influence benin artwork, and that artwork found in oba palace might have been brought later probably after 1914

Please can you tell me the date that sculpture was discovered in the oba palace,

That could also help to further draw conclusions if its and owo artwork that is being mistaken as ife artwork or it is an ife artwork which shows connection between benin and ife

For me that sculpture is an owo artwork there is no difference between owo original artwork and that of ife

Why did benin teach only owo his artworks techniques amongst other vassal my research led me know that unlike the other vassals benin encountered they never had any form of
artworks in their possession which could have interested the benins to have considered teaching them the benin artwork techniques

If indeed ife taught benin its artworks we would have also seen an exchange of both artworks between both party i.e benin and ife like we saw in owo,

It could also be a gift given after 1924 by an ooni for the sake of friendship that is if the artworks is not from owo, if the artworks meant supiority lineage then it would be found in the royal alters
If it was dug from the palace soil then it is lost irrelevant sculpture to the benins

Etinosa1234
AreaFada2
Valirex
Ghostwon
Sarah20A

You need to prov

Owo artworks are not always in pairs, unlike the ife artworks that have pairs and dublicates from a particular sculpture but in owo artwork it is mostly one in a particular artworks
Again owo artwork are also similar to ife artwork
There is high probability ife artwork was made in owo and taken to ife

2 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by gregyboy(m): 2:09pm On Sep 09, 2020
TAO11:

Moreover, your eyes must be already soaked in hot tears to have missed the two other examples of Ife sculpture with the same royal regalia which I embedded in that same comment. cheesy

To expose you as always by making folks here view the disgrace you’re being made to go through on that thread, see the link to the comment in question below:

In sum: The Ife-Benin Connection with Ife being suzerain over Benin Kingdom is therefore signed, sealed and delivered! Gbam! cheesy

Are we talking about years of the sculpture or we are talking about the possible origin of the sculpture

That sculpture is from owow

If that sculpture is from ife, then then there must also be a bini at ife... Lol

Atleast they must have exchanged sculptures

1 Like

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by gregyboy(m): 2:11pm On Sep 09, 2020
TAO11:
gregyboy:

You must be feeling really miserable lately for receiving serious koboko left, right, and center from a Yoruba woman. grin

I spit on all Edo liars for their being a bunch of insecure dullards and pathetic revisionists. grin

Lol, funny youre trying to convince me and you still failing but self praising yourself

Baba tunde admitted that sculpture came earlier probably after 1914 that is if it an ife sculpture

Etinosa1234
Valirex
AreaFada2
Sarah20A

2 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by gregyboy(m): 2:18pm On Sep 09, 2020
TAO11:

Hey mumu, the date doesnt matter what of if it was one of the oldest sculpture from owo that was taken to benin after benin invasion in owo the aftermath of the war left the others destroyed

Use sense dont just copy scholars works for me

Lets not remove the fact that owo sculpture is very similar to that ife sculptures too more like they shared similar artisans

What of if it was a gift giving by the ooni to the oba after d creation of nigeria that probably got lost or probably was staged by both party to form a false historical link between both tribes which i doubt because no benin artwork was found in ife

Was it found in the royal alters of benin if it wasnt then it doesn't suggest the fact that the sculpture was relevant

Every ife sculpture have a duplicate or a sculpture similar to a particular type of sculpture , unlike the owo sculpture that are hardly found in pairs, so were is d duplicate of the sculpture in ife from that

Dont be too desperate TAO11 it is an owo sculpture

Who will think picture 1 is an owo is an owo sculpture Because of its similarities with the ife head, This only explains that ife and owo shared thesame artisans

In as much as TAO11 wants to makes that sculpture ifel she has still not yet removed the doubt from everyone the sculpture could be that of owo

Possibilism willams failed to consider

1,that sculpture could indeed be from ife but was brought to benin after they might have created nigeria that's could be why the sculpture had no influence on benin artwork, or happened to have been placed in an acestoral alter, to signify benin - ife heritage

Again if it was a gift it wont have been a lost item buried in the palace it would have been placed on the alter to the oba it was gifted to

2) that sculpture could also be from ife and was taken to owo, since owo and ife shared same artisans, so maybe during benin invasion on owo the sculpture was stolen and taken to benin as a gift to the oba lets also not forget owo artisans were trained in the oba palace another Possibilism of it coming from owo

3) it could be an indigenous owo art as the regalia depict the eastern Yoruba king regalia unlike the ife 1300ad regalia which differs from that differs from that sculpture regalia, it must have been the amongst the oldest surviving artworks which survived when benin attacked owo and was stolen

4) if indeed we are to believe it as an ife artwork as believe by TAO11, which was taken to benin from ife then the relationship was a strong one for that to have happen , so we must also be able to find other relationships shared between both parties, like the benin-owo relationship

First of all we must find it in their artworks of both benin and ife so TAO11 show more relationships

Isnt that so
Willams failed to highlighten this Possibilism
Probably he failed to know there was an owo artwork in nigeria when he wrote the article

AreaFada2
Sarah20A
Etinosa1234
Samuk

If this possibilism is not treatec by TAO11 then it would be safe to say it id an owo artwork that was lost to benin

1 Like

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by TAO11(f): 2:33pm On Sep 09, 2020
gregyboy:
•••
If that sculpture is from ife, then there must also be a bini at ife... Lol
But I’m so sorry to break your wooden heart that: no figure of a Benin oba was ever found in Ife — it’s rather the other way round. grin cheesy And I’d tell you why below:

they must have exchanged sculptures
Like I promised you, the reason you won’t find any such sculpture of a Benin oba at the Ife palace is simply that:

The President doesn’t keep portraits of Governors, et al. in his office. It is always the other way round. grin

I could swear that the early obas of Benin worshipped that figure of the Ooni every morning at dawn. grin wink

gregyboy:
Hey mumu, its date doesnt matter what of ife it was one of the oldest sculpture from owo that was taken from benin
The dates don’t matter or what did I just read?? grin

I have said you’re a dullard and you keep confirming it.

So in your dullard Edo mind, a ‘bronze’ cast made in the early 1300 was possibly made by the Owo people who didn’t cast bronzes until after the 1400, right?? grin cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12300045_1180859311783653img20190722154954jpegb78bac5c83a42178910da3de9aa62adbjpegjpeg9cfba2c96c509f82646e09ea44461ee6_jpeg_jpegd2120de126612f0fe3ddadd01b9c1d3b

Whenever I call on a “dullard”, just scream Yes Ma! grin cheesy

Let me cc your people: Valirex, Etinosa1234, AreaFada2, Sarah20A cheesy grin

19 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by TAO11(f): 3:33pm On Sep 09, 2020
gregyboy:
Hey mumu, the date doesnt matter what of if it was one of the oldest sculpture from owo that was taken to benin after benin invasion in owo the aftermath of the war left the others destroyed •••
I can see that hot tears have really soaked your eyes. grin

(1) The Benin invasion of Owo was 1400 (your attachment).

(2) The earliest artworks of Owo was 1400.

(3) The figure we’re discussing was 1300.

(4) Yet this Edo dullard insists that the figure was made by Owo. grin grin grin

(5) Conclusion: This Edo dullard has being blinded by hot tears after realizing that his attempt at revision is not only dumb, but also too late. grin cheesy

Most importantly though:

The royal regalia of this figure matches none else’s in the world but the Oonis of Ife’s.

This then proves conclusively that Benin Kingdom was a colony of Ife since ancient times.

15 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by TAO11(f): 3:51pm On Sep 09, 2020
gregyboy, I can see you hiding in “guest”.

I will make you curse the Edo you were born as Edo. grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by gregyboy(m): 4:11pm On Sep 09, 2020
TAO11:
But I’m so sorry to break your wooden heart that: no figure of a Benin oba was ever found in Ife — it’s rather the other way round. grin cheesy And I’d tell you why below:

Like I promised you, the reason you won’t find any such sculpture of a Benin oba at the Ife palace is simply that:

The President doesn’t keep portraits of Governors, et al. in his office. It is always the other way round. grin

I could swear that the early obas of Benin worshipped that figure of the Ooni every morning at dawn. grin wink

The dates don’t matter or what did I just read?? grin

I have said you’re a dullard and you keep confirming it.

So in your dullard Edo mind, a ‘bronze’ cast made in the early 1300 was possibly made by the Owo people who didn’t cast bronzes until after the 1400, right?? grin cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12300045_1180859311783653img20190722154954jpegb78bac5c83a42178910da3de9aa62adbjpegjpeg9cfba2c96c509f82646e09ea44461ee6_jpeg_jpegd2120de126612f0fe3ddadd01b9c1d3b

Whenever I call on a “dullard”, just scream Yes Ma! grin cheesy

Let me cc your people: Valirex, Etinosa1234, AreaFada2, Sarah20A cheesy grin

Mumu

Read the screenshot below most of owo artworks was destroyed by benin attacks on owo
So saying owo artwork was from started fron 1400 is a big lie, you should say the oldest surving artworks after benin wared owo date at 1400....i hope you get it

2) who use democracy to explore monarchy, now you have gotten on my nerves with your outmost desperation

Why was that same sculptures shared amongst various yoruba monarch for them to worship mumu.... grin ooh edo was special because they conquered yoruba people so that sculpture represented ooni trophies to benin for the good conquering

3) so if the Governors keeps the picture of only the president how come we can both find owo art in benin and we can find benin artwork in owo
Or how come we can find owo art in ife and ife artwork in owo

Are you also forgetting most ife artwork are date
12-15ad meaning the exact dating is not know
Most likely ife artwork were 15 century just like like owo artworks too

Please show me an ife artwork in 14 century dressing like that sculpture

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by gregyboy(m): 4:29pm On Sep 09, 2020
TAO11:
gregyboy, I can see you hiding in “guest”.

I will make you curse the Edo you were born as Edo. grin cheesy

Lol, you still have nothing

You only left potholes for yourself to fill

Nothing makes that sculpture ife

1) no Europeans recorded any relationship with benin and ife but they did for owo

2) Secondlt the regalia doesnt match an ife king regalia of 1300

Both sculpture are 14ad the first picture is a royalty from ife, the sculpture was found in ife

The second sculpture regalia is different the ife sculpture regalia, inshort the second sculpture regalia is similar to that of an eastern king regalia

Forget the symbol on the chest that is only showing you that the both artisans are fron one source,

probably owo made all the artworks for ife thats why we cant find any family in ife who made thise their artworks

So why are both regalia not matching and why did babatunde lawal disagree on ife not artwork influencing benin arts

Re: Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It by TAO11(f): 4:38pm On Sep 09, 2020
gregyboy:
Lol, you still have nothing. You only left potholes for yourself to fill

Nothing makes that sculpture ife

1) no Europeans recorded any relationship with benin and ife but they did for owo

2) Secondlt the regalia doesnt match an ife king regalia of 1300

Both sculpture are 14ad the first picture is a royalty from ife, the sculpture was found in ife

The second sculpture regalia is different the ife sculpture regalia, inshort the second sculpture regalia is similar to that of an eastern king regalia

Forget the symbol on the chest that is only showing you that the both artisans are fron one source,

probably owo made all the artworks for ife thats why we cant find any family in ife who made thise their artworks

So why are both regalia not matching and why did babatunde lawal disagree on ife not artwork influencing benin arts
I cans see that every blow I give you throws you further into self-delusions. grin

Oya take am again! grin cheesy

The two embedded images below show a circa 1300 A.D. ‘bronze’ sculpture of the then Ooni of Ife. This figure was excavated from the palace of Benin kingdom.

Source: S. P. Blier, 2012, p.77.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11555237_11424577screenshot20190518174256jpeg914408e4bec15692c9e651a0b301769f_jpeg_jpeg30203ddd5168bccf1908e9c9f5a1fead

Another Angle:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11555238_11427363screenshot20200426at115936amjpegda815e1e70859f70855eca8ea386219f_jpeg_jpeg1556c8b25833645cac380aa021666e32

Q: How did scholars come to the conclusion that this figure represents the then Ooni of Ife??

A: They noticed that the regalia [i.e. (1)the textile covering the lower body; (2)the two longer and bigger beaded necklaces running from around the shoulder down towards the knees; (3)the stack of some two or three annulus-shaped neck pieces sitting quite atop the collarbone; (4)the one piece of necklace (made of small spherical beads) sitting quite atop the annulus-shaped pieces; (5)the many intricately designed pieces of beaded necklaces covering the upper body — including the chest and the abdomen; and most importantly, the two beaded pieces of regalia sitting right on the chest among other unique commonalities] is the exact same regalia seen on the different ‘bronze’ figures of Ife Kings excavated from Ife itself.

See the embedded images below for two examples of such figures which were recovered from Ife itself, and then compare:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11680193_screenshot20200606161235_jpeg88b6cb1312b4cc63bab7ca95f3bba6e0

Another One:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11680177_screenshot20200606160130_jpega8c506efc9844ee61b89afa5a0240dee

Moreover, scholars realize that not a single one of the ‘bronze’ figures of Benin Kings shows the same regalia. And there is no other ‘bronze’ figure anywhere else that actually does.

I know in your reply to this you will, as usual, bring up the distraction of how the crowns are different while completely ignoring the unique regalia which is not found anywhere else except in Ife.

The ready-made refutation for such reply is that just as Benin kingdom does not have only one type of crowns for its kings; Ife also (as well as any kingdom for that matter) have different variety of crowns for its kings.

The embedded image below is an example of a crown from Ife which is likewise tall and likewise without the signature-round & vertical front piece.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11684185_screenshot20200607101757_jpeg78a5e08cfa86f285ad9a1f44002ccdd9

In sum then, this find here is a hard evidence (i.e. from archaeology) which not only proves the early connection between Ife and Benin, but also specifically proves the suzerainty of the Ooni of Ife over Benin Kingdom.

The President’s portrait is kept in the office of the Governor, et al., but never the other way round.

27 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Killing Of Twins In The Olden Days... / Scotland Put Map Of Nigeria In Their Currency / A Comprehensive Collection Of Early Igbo Novels, Plays, And Treatises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.