Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,255 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Please Help Me Before I Die - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help Me Before I Die (3215 Views)

If I Die Today, My Kids Will Only Inherit 2,350 Naira / Please I Need Help Before I Run Mad. My Husband.... / Must I Fall In Love Before I Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me Before I Die by Oyindamolah: 11:23am On Sep 05, 2020
Good morning Familanders!

I lost my dad a few years ago. It's been very difficult but we having been pushing through. I am in my early 20's with 5 sibling.

Dad left some properties for us. I happened to be the first female child.

Property 1
Is almost completed to decking level no windows and doors. It has not been plastered or floored, JUST sand filled. We currently occupy group flat in this property.

Property 2
Is an uncompleted building with roof.

I have my mum with underlying illness and 5 siblings to cater for.

I currently work but the money is not enough to to even complete the current abode or property 2.

Please, What do I do?
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by 2special(m): 11:28am On Sep 05, 2020
I think you should sell one of the property to develop the other

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by Oyindamolah: 11:29am On Sep 05, 2020
2special:
I think you should sell one of the property to develop the other
Thank you which one should I sell?
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 05, 2020
Sorry for your ordeal. You have to be very strong at this time. If you have the papers to the properties, I suggest you sell out the 2nd and then give the 1st to a developer. The agreement would be that they complete it and collect rent for some years after which it becomes your family's. They won't collect rent for your own apartment. Selling off the 2nd would help you cater for your mom, siblings and other miscellaneous.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by yomi007k(m): 11:31am On Sep 05, 2020
Oyindamolah:
Thank you which one should I sell?

Keep the property that is almost completed and sell the other one.
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by 2special(m): 11:33am On Sep 05, 2020
Either you consult a professional which might cost you money or you value the two properties yourself cuz it's difficult for me to determine what l only have an idea of until l see the two properties...

7 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by Oyindamolah: 11:34am On Sep 05, 2020
2special:
Either you consult a professional which might cost you money or you value the two properties yourself cuz it's difficult for me to determine what l only have an idea of until l see the two properties...
let's do mail
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by Oyindamolah: 11:36am On Sep 05, 2020
yomi007k:

Keep the property that is almost completed and sell the other one.
Thank you but completing property 1 is very expensive. The cost if completing property 2 is cheaper compared to Property 1 but mum says it will be unfair
1. to my siblings because if their schooling
2. Dad because property 1 was his plan for us
3. Property 2 is very far from town with infrastructure especially for her medicals.
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by 2special(m): 11:40am On Sep 05, 2020
Oyindamolah:
let's do mail
abey_special @yahoo.com but I'm somehow busy now, l lost my dear mum yesterday but you can send me a message on yahoo, l will send you my WhatsApp contact

6 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by Oyindamolah: 11:41am On Sep 05, 2020
OcVoice:
Sorry for your ordeal. You have to be very strong at this time. If you have the papers to the properties, I suggest you sell out the 2nd and then give the 1st to a developer. The agreement would be that they complete it and collect rent for some years after which it becomes your family's. They won't collect rent for your own apartment. Selling off the 2nd would help you cater for your mom, siblings and other miscellaneous.
I appreciate your input Sir/ma. I have the papers.
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by Oyindamolah: 11:42am On Sep 05, 2020
2special:
abey_special @yahoo.com but I'm somehow busy now, l lost my dear mum yesterday but you can send me a message on yahoo, l will send you my WhatsApp contact
I am sorry for you lost sir. I pray God give you the fortitude to bear the lost. I already sent a pm

6 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by dingbang(m): 11:48am On Sep 05, 2020
Get married so that your husband will complete it for you. You cannot come and go and come back again to kill yourself.

8 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by MMXX: 11:49am On Sep 05, 2020
If your situation is critical and you badly need urgent cash, sell one of the property.. Complete the other one and take care of your mom.

But if you guys can pull tru without badly needing the cash from one of those property sale,then leave it..Your family is only just growing and passing tru stuff(all part of life)and honestly with patience a time will come when each of you will be financial capable enough to map out a plan on how you'll will complete your fathers properties...

This things happen most time when the primary care taker of a family is no more.things may bcome difficult.But with time it will pass.Life changes with time,soon all siblings will grow up.

6 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by Oyindamolah: 11:53am On Sep 05, 2020
dingbang:
Get married so that your husband will complete it for you. You cannot come and go and come back again to kill yourself.
Sir!!!! Marriage? I want to get educated my mates are graduates and doing fine.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by yomi007k(m): 11:54am On Sep 05, 2020
Oyindamolah:
Thank you but completing property 1 is very expensive. The cost if completing property 2 is cheaper compared to Property 1 but mum says it will be unfair
1. to my siblings because if their schooling
2. Dad because property 1 was his plan for us
3. Property 2 is very far from town with infrastructure especially for her medicals.

Ok dear. You can sell the one that is most convenient.
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by yomi007k(m): 11:56am On Sep 05, 2020
dingbang:

This is a bad advice that should not be taken.

What if the husband refuses to complete it?

Is it the husband's responsibility to complete the wife's family property?

Don't you think such feeble ideology will put a strain on the marriage?

14 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by Oyindamolah: 11:57am On Sep 05, 2020
MMXX:
If your situation is critical and you badly need urgent cash, sell one of the property.. Complete the other one and take care of your mom.

But if you guys can pull tru without badly needing the cash from one of those property sale,then leave it..Your family is only just growing and passing tru stuff(all part of life)and honestly with patience a time will come when each of you will be financial capable enough to map out a plan on how you'll will complete your fathers properties...

This things happen most time when the primary care taker of a family is no more.things may bcome difficult.But with time it will pass.Life changes with time,soon all siblings will grow up.
Sir, if I was fine it could pull through I wouldn't be here in the first place. Yes we can feed but not convinently, I have 6 mouth to feed monthly even though they had to take up menaial jobs just to get by, it not been easy.
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by SteveOfu: 12:00pm On Sep 05, 2020
yomi007k:

This is a bad advice that should not be taken.

What if the husband refuses to complete it?

Is it the husband's responsibility to complete the wife's family property?

Don't you think such feeble ideology will put a strain on the marriage?
How is it a bad idea?

Why did he marry her in the first place?

The the olden days men took up any and every responsibility thrown at them.
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by yomi007k(m): 12:07pm On Sep 05, 2020
SteveOfu:
How is it a bad idea?

When the husband starts maltreating her , you will never know the cause.

However, it is not the responsiblity of the husband unless the wife family are Gold diggers.

10 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by Hamachi(f): 12:07pm On Sep 05, 2020
shocked
dingbang:
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by yomi007k(m): 12:10pm On Sep 05, 2020
SteveOfu:
How is it a bad idea?

In the olden days, a man marries more than one wife, has multiple kids and rides on horses and donkeys..

You can apply olden days mentality on your life but don't recommend it for other people.

Thank you.

13 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by lavylilly: 12:12pm On Sep 05, 2020
yomi007k:

When the husband starts maltreating her , you will never know the cause.

However, it is not the responsiblity of the husband unless the wife family are Gold diggers.
His advise is not bad. She can marry and tell the husband before hand of the current situation, a wise man see opportunities in problems. I have read cases where inherited properties of the wife was completed by the husband and took very good care of the family that you can mistake the husband to be the owner of the properties.
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by yomi007k(m): 12:13pm On Sep 05, 2020
lavylilly:
His advise is not bad. She can marry and tell the husband before hand of the current situation, a wise man see opportunities in problems. I have read cases where inherited properties of the wife was completed by the husband and took very good care of the family that you can mistake the husband to be the owner of the properties.

Well, I wish you all the best.
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by lavylilly: 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2020
yomi007k:

Well, I wish you all the best.
Are you married?
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by IyaTola: 12:17pm On Sep 05, 2020
dingbang:
I think you need help, check into a rehab. Marriage has never solved any problem.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by yomi007k(m): 12:20pm On Sep 05, 2020
lavylilly:
Are you married?

Nope...
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by TheEnlightenedO(m): 12:24pm On Sep 05, 2020
Two things,
You could either find a real estate developer who would invest and help complete both for a shared ratio of the generated revenue in terms of rent for a few years and then the property would be handed over fully back to you, note you would retain ownership and have a fully developed property while it is also appreciating in value for a few years. But you need to make sure you have a competent lawyer draft your agreement with the said developer. Please people do it even abroad.

Or
You could sell one and use the funds to start completing the other but I would tell you from experience what you estimate you would need is never what you would truly need to finish that building and you also have to think of running costs so it is also best you try to rent a part of it out to generate money

4 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by crackhaus: 12:24pm On Sep 05, 2020
yomi007k:

In the olden days, a man marries more than one wife, has multiple kids and rides on horses and donkeys..

You can apply olden days mentality on your life but don't recommend it for other people.

Thank you.
Lol, they always want to return to olden days only when it comes to leeching off a man. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by yomi007k(m): 12:29pm On Sep 05, 2020
crackhaus:

Lol, they always want to return to olden days only when it comes to leeching off a man. cheesy

Na mumu man go fall... grin

4 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by MMXX: 12:29pm On Sep 05, 2020
lavylilly:
It will be a contracted marriage and most often will not end well,unless she's lucky to find an understanding partner.. But at this current age she's in,I still think she's naive and would be exploited
Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by crackhaus: 12:30pm On Sep 05, 2020
Oyindamolah:
Good morning Familanders!

I lost my dad a few years ago. It's been very difficult but we having been pushing through. I am in my early 20's with 5 sibling.

Dad left some properties for us. I happened to be the first female child.

Property 1
Is almost completed to decking level no windows and doors. It has not been plastered or floored, JUST sand filled. We currently occupy group flat in this property.

Property 2
Is an uncompleted building with roof.

I have my mum with underlying illness and 5 siblings to cater for.

I currently work but the money is not enough to to even complete the current abode or property 2.

Please, What do I do?
Property 2 (with a roof) seems more like a building that will cost less to complete when compared to property 1.

The locations should also determine which of the two you can sell for the most profit.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Before I Die by yomi007k(m): 12:33pm On Sep 05, 2020
lavylilly:
Are you married?

Are you?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A lady refuses to marry her lover because of this surname. / 10 Secrets Men Tell Their Friends (But Not Their Wives) / 5yrs Old In A Boarding School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.