Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP (27906 Views)

2023: You Will Never Be President, Igbos Will Reject You – Ohanaeze Tells Atiku / 2023: Pick RCCG Candidate, Kiss Aso Rock Goodbye – MURIC / 2023: Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed Meet To Pick Northern Consensus Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by Oritsewhandey(m): 12:01am On Sep 06, 2020
Danwakae:

The same way the SouthEast have not rule Nigeria , same to the northEast ...and since 1999, the south gat SouthWest(Baba OBJ 8years) and GEJ( South south) .... The north only gat Northwest( Baba Buhari and Lat Yar'Adua) ...what about the NorthEast and Northcentral

And some people from the Southwest and Southsouth still want to rule again in 2023... Greediness... Both the APC and PDP are presenting NORTHEAST in 2023, who ever does otherwise will lose. mostly the APC , cos the PDP already gat majority of the Southsouth and Southeast ...This is the time for the NorthEast... The SouthEast is north a bad idea , but , there is no way a southerner can defeat a northerner again in northern Nigeria with the level of things in the north, the voting strength is too much ... It would be better if our leaders go back to the drawing board to zone it , so that all parties will go to a particular region to pick their candidates....without that, our lawyers and judges will always smile to the bank, while the issue of Osun, Kogi, Kano keeps playing out...I repeat , no southern candidate will defeat a northern candidate irregardless of the party
Mr. Bobby Benson.
Coffee is ready.
Why hasn't it been NE?
What grouse has NW got with the NE?
History?
Hausa Bakwai?
vs
Banz** Bakwai?

Educate us bro.

CPC, more NE project!
Buhari failed.

ANPP, more NE project!
Buhari failed.

APC! More nationally coloured.
More NW!
Buhari passed!

Ancient History or recent modern history (1st republic till date?)

Danwakee. Ka na da doya? Ka ba ne.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by Oritsewhandey(m): 12:02am On Sep 06, 2020
Danwakae:

The same way the SouthEast have not rule Nigeria , same to the northEast ...and since 1999, the south gat SouthWest(Baba OBJ 8years) and GEJ( South south) .... The north only gat Northwest( Baba Buhari and Lat Yar'Adua) ...what about the NorthEast and Northcentral

And some people from the Southwest and Southsouth still want to rule again in 2023... Greediness... Both the APC and PDP are presenting NORTHEAST in 2023, who ever does otherwise will lose. mostly the APC , cos the PDP already gat majority of the Southsouth and Southeast ...This is the time for the NorthEast... The SouthEast is north a bad idea , but , there is no way a southerner can defeat a northerner again in northern Nigeria with the level of things in the north, the voting strength is too much ... It would be better if our leaders go back to the drawing board to zone it , so that all parties will go to a particular region to pick their candidates....without that, our lawyers and judges will always smile to the bank, while the issue of Osun, Kogi, Kano keeps playing out...I repeat , no southern candidate will defeat a northern candidate irregardless of the party
Why hasn't it been NE?
What grouse has NW got with the NE?
History?
Hausa Bakwai?
vs
Banz** Bakwai?

Educate us bro.

CPC, more NE project!
Buhari failed.

ANPP, more NE project!
Buhari failed.

APC! More nationally coloured.
More NW!
Buhari passed!

Ancient History or recent modern history (1st republic till date?)

Danwakee. Ka na da doya? Ka ba ne.
Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by Area4Area: 12:08am On Sep 06, 2020
ikenna44:
South east has agreed. We can't rule Nigeria... We agree.
But we I will be damned if tinubu rules this country.
The southeast I will support anybody that comes from the north... Even if they are coming with a north/north ticket!

Let us see if the North's assumed hatred for the southeast is greater than their love for power.

I want to see how northerners will leave a northern candidate and vote for tinubu. �
Tinubu still giving you nightmares
Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 06, 2020
ikenna44:
You're crying more than the bereaved! �

Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by TechSkill: 12:16am On Sep 06, 2020
ArmedRobber:
there is nothing to wait for. The scheming of 2023 was already in motion the moment inec declared buhari winner in 2019.
. Lol...
Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by NaMeAboki: 1:19am On Sep 06, 2020
An exercise in futility; Atiku would not budge for anyone.

Besides, even if given a slot; they'll not vote for their own candidate.

Last elections they had the chance to vote for one of their own , Mahgulu and Ezekwesili, but they refused and instead decided to Atikulate with a Fulani from Cameroon - at the expense of their own son and daughter.

Bunch of confused fellows; all they can do is to chest beat and wail - because they are light years away from the presidency.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by Cherez: 3:00am On Sep 06, 2020
Till this country stops this shit of electing zombies just due to their tribal, zonal & religious inclinations, we go nowhere
What on earth will Ohaneze gain from an Igbo presidency?
I agree GEJ was clueless but he went through alot cos he was minority, now imagine how much criticism and hate an Igbo president will draw to we Igbos
I advise my fellow Igbos to stay away from FG for now
Nigeria isn't ripe for that now. If the Igbo president dares appoint 10% of his cabinet Igbos, hell will rise in this country
Let the masses choose by way of competence so attacks will be balanced
If Sanusi Lamido is presented today, I'll vote him ahead of Orji Uzo Kalu
Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by ehinmowo: 3:24am On Sep 06, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:
Im starting to think my people are cursed. Lately i see why Yoruba people are the best politicians anywhere in Nigeria. They are even more politically savvy than Northerners. Threat of violence is what North uses to seize power and stay in power. Yoruba doea not fo any of that and still wins.

Mazi Nnabuike and Isiguzoro are mad. The quicker they stop speaking for Igbo the better.

Umunna, the choice of Igboman as PDP candidate for 2023 is non-negotiable. We can negotiate with APC, we can beg and plead with APC but in PDP we should be the first candidate choice, the second candidate choice, the third candidate choice. Ndigbo is the de facto PDP candidate for 2023.

What nonsense is wrong with Ohanaeze that they are negotiating conditions with PDP. Our candidacy is non-negotiable. We stand on that!
Politics is planning and calculation. The truth is that Igbo cannot be president in 2023. because they have not built such bridge b4 now.

Have you seen the Electoral Act? No region or zone can win presidential election without the other. In order to win the election you must have at least 25% vote in at least 24 states. So even if all southern states votes for u or all northern states vote for you and you have majority vote, you cannot still win the election without other people voting for u.

Atiku had some chance to win the election in 2019. He pitched with the Igbos and he got abysmal votes. Had Igbos truly vote enmass for Atiku, then the next presidential ticket coming to the south would have been for them. To make things worse, Igbos lack political maturity and they have terrible relationship with other NIgerians (including SS). Tell me how can they win?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by flamingREED(m): 3:30am On Sep 06, 2020
It's always a game-changer when an Igbo man finally wakes up.

He's like:
Who you be sef??

PDP would be mistaken to do otherwise.
APC would as well.
Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by tuniski: 4:51am On Sep 06, 2020
ArmedRobber:
Either ways pdp's decision for 2023 they re already fvcked upcheesy

Use igbos as candidate na thorough flogging

Zone presidency to North again na severe beating.

Personally I wish pdp zone the presidential ticket to north so that they can repeat same mistake they did in 2015 after GEJ 2nd term ambition tore pdp apart.

APC got presidency on platter cos there was clamour for presidency to return to North after yaradua death.

Now there is clamour for power to return to south, I hope pdp make same mistake againcheesy

Be deluding your self!
Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by tuniski: 4:53am On Sep 06, 2020
flamingREED:

He's like:
Who you be sef??

APC would as well.
Are they sleeping before and what game have they changed?
Politically and election wise b thing like game changing for them
Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by MondayOsunbor(m): 5:44am On Sep 06, 2020
teadrake:
2023 will be an interesting year. May we live to see beyond that time

Fulani will not hand over power to any southerner 2023!
Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by shehuAO: 5:56am On Sep 06, 2020
If you talk,they will start insulting you, the Ibos are not politically inclined,they have love of money too much,so,they are not politically inclined to aligned themselves with other political parties to get the seat of president. The most disadvantage of this is that Nigeria president are not given on a platter of gold, you must work for it and they are not prepared to do that, even, some of their elders kept saying,if we are not giving the president, we will join Nnamdi Kanu for IPOB.just imagine,is that how serious people can make a threat to a country of about 200 millions people?if the Ibos are really serious and wants to be president of Nigeria, let them start mobilizing themselves now against 2031,if they are really serious or let them continue to insults the credibility of this country, that wouldn't help them.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by Asianjollof007: 6:02am On Sep 06, 2020
divicode:

But the igbos are s selling their right

Trust them, they will soon be blaming other tribe for their loss in 2023!

Smh...all because of money!

Abeg shit and stop the chest beating, yeye dey smell!!

The way they criticize and blame other tribes esp yoruba on this platform for their misfortunes baffles me.. Same people blaming yoruba for allowing a fulani man to rule the nation also wants to choose a northerner as a leading candidate to secure a post. Abokis will continue to rule this country because of the hatred within southerners!

1 Like

Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by Ategberoson(m): 6:28am On Sep 06, 2020
we Ndigbo outrightly reject this Ohaneze statement, power must retained in North, we must teach this Yoruba Muslim lesson

that's the mentality of Igbo, they want north to retained power to spite Yoruba that have tasted it before. politics is versatile and diversify, you contest for it or keep shut to allow others who are interested to contest, if you're not contesting

God bless Yoruba land
God bless Yoruba people who aren't licking the ass of those greedy old fools
Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by backbone503(m): 6:28am On Sep 06, 2020
PDP will definitely pick a candidate from the NW and APC will from the SW. Igbos, as usual, will give their 95% to PDP and thereafter continue wailing about been marginalized.

They should just forget about 2023 and plan ahead for 2031. First, they need to have political leaders (about 3) whose respect, depth and connections cuts across party lines, religious and tribal cleavages.
Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by backbone503(m): 6:32am On Sep 06, 2020
flamingREED:

He's like:
Who you be sef??

APC would as well.

In today's Nigeria, the Igbos are almost politically inconsequential. And thats simply because PDP has them in bag.
Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by AsiwajuNdigbo: 7:03am On Sep 06, 2020
[s]
ehinmowo:

Politics is planning and calculation. The truth is that Igbo cannot be president in 2023. because they have not built such bridge b4 now.

Have you seen the Electoral Act? No region or zone can win presidential election without the other. In order to win the election you must have at least 25% vote in at least 24 states. So even if all southern states votes for u or all northern states vote for you and you have majority vote, you cannot still win the election without other people voting for u.

Atiku had some chance to win the election in 2019. He pitched with the Igbos and he got abysmal votes. Had Igbos truly vote enmass for Atiku, then the next presidential ticket coming to the south would have been for them. To make things worse, Igbos lack political maturity and they have terrible relationship with other NIgerians (including SS). Tell me how can they win?
[/s]
Nonsense. Igbo make up over 25% of every state in Nigeria. If na so, we are the only people that can win election without help from outsider. We may not win the majority but believe we will clinch the electoral count. In some states we are above 50%. This your bridge building is becoming stale.
Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by chiedonedoor(m): 7:13am On Sep 06, 2020
Sometimes people make unnecessary noise, You do have right to tell me who to vote.you have your choice is is mine.
Galatians 6:7 KJV
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by NinjaMetahuman: 7:13am On Sep 06, 2020
And the Fulani slaves have spoken.
Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by NinjaMetahuman: 7:20am On Sep 06, 2020
isthatso:
Empty threat! who do they want to vote for, their sworn enemy APC?

The problem with Ibos is they dont know how to play politics and end up ALWAYS painting themselves into a corner and losing out. i have said it many times, the ibo vote has become the most inconsequential vote in Nigeria. SS, SW have more power in Nigeria's political equation. They are the only people that will only vote one party come rain come sunshine, even the North will change party depending on whther it favours them. As such there is no incentive to woo the ibos because come what may they will vote PDP. The biggest mistake Atiku made was giving Obi the VP slot and gaining no votes as a result. The VP slot is a bargaining tool, you dont give it to a zone that was already in the bag. As it happens PDP even got less votes from SE than 2015.

Every major political decision the ibo has made has backfired since 1960 if you think about it.

Joining Belewa backfired so they staged a coup
1966 ibo coup backfired so they went to war
civil war backfired
supporting shagari in the hope of Ekwueme presidency backfired
Supporting Atiku backfired now they are talking of All parties fielding Ibo
Now it is dawning on them there is no appetite for Ibo presidency and you can already see their elites coming out more boldly in favour of Kanu.....that too will backfire.

60 years and still no presidency, not only that they no longer control the oil and other revenues from their region like they did in 1960 before they scattered everything for themselves and everybody else with their lust for power and domination over others. the decree 34 law Ironsi enacted remains the root of all Nigerias problems today.
you forgot voting against abiola because of vice presidency.
Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by texas1990(m): 7:24am On Sep 06, 2020
I wonder why igbo will want to rule a country they called zoo,
igbo tribe are the most confused tribe I have ever seen in my life, u better stop dreaming about what is not urs.
Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by Misterdhee1(m): 7:30am On Sep 06, 2020
Danwakae:

So what happened in 2011 when Jonathan defeated Buhari and Ribadu? Without the alliance with ACN, Buhari would have lost as usual in 2015 too. As far as the south is concerned, North is monolithic, and you guys up there come out as that too.
Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 06, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
you forgot voting against abiola because of vice presidency.

Indeed
Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by vickydevoka(m): 7:36am On Sep 06, 2020
Oritsewhandey:

Obasanjo na Uhrobo for your yansh abi?
#NLSpecimen
Obasanjo initially was not voted in for
Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by vickydevoka(m): 7:38am On Sep 06, 2020
zoedew:

Simply because they know that politics is not about entitlement mentality and that power is not served- it is taken!
U are right. Power is not actually served. This people use violent to take wat ever de want. Jst imagine if Jonathan won de last election n dis inflation happened. Dis northerners will be burning everywhere
Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by ehinmowo: 7:45am On Sep 06, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:
[s][/s]
Nonsense. Igbo make up over 25% of every state in Nigeria. If na so, we are the only people that can win election without help from outsider. We may not win the majority but believe we will clinch the electoral count. In some states we are above 50%. This your bridge building is becoming stale.

Somebody said you are not wise, you pick up arms to fight. Did he say you don't have power? Never mind. I thought I was talking to an adult. Myopic IPOB mindset as usual.

You people just lack critical thinking. Always thinking with your mouth. You have 25% and 50% in every state yet you having less than 300k vote from your own states. Yet many people have contested election from SE starting from Ekwueme without winning 20% of the votes. You people are just delusional and stupid.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by Misterdhee1(m): 7:54am On Sep 06, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:
[s][/s]
Nonsense. Igbo make up over 25% of every state in Nigeria. If na so, we are the only people that can win election without help from outsider. We may not win the majority but believe we will clinch the electoral count. [b] In some states we are above 50%. [/b]This your bridge building is becoming stale.
How many igbos even dey the whole naija if you guys make up over 25% of every state? grin

1 Like

Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by Dpaulie(m): 7:55am On Sep 06, 2020
And you vote the APC
Re: 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP by focus7: 8:01am On Sep 06, 2020
Anytime I here igbos vote I will be like what, who Igbo votes or support help.

Their votes and supports for a political election is an indication that the candidate will lose the election.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Supreme Court Decides Rivers’ APC Primaries Logjam Under The Gun Friday / I Am Not CBN - Governor Dapo Abiodun Applogizes To Ogun Residents / Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.