Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay (10918 Views)

POL 501 The Tinubu Masterclass (sparsky Vs Fisher 1972) / Tinubu: We All Caused Nigeria’s Woes, We Must Salvage It Together / How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by horsepower102: 3:17am On Sep 13, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:
I enjoyed the debate on this thread. Both sides maintained decorum. I love history and love to hear from both sides; as long as there is no rancour and insults.

But both sides cannot be right at the same time. Trust me I enjoy decorum too but one side is trying to maintain lies while the other side is trying to expose it.

I have said similar things in the past about Nigerian economy when the yorubas completely took over. They destroyed the economy with their Hausa Fulani masters.

It’s was finally during OBJ administration that he smartly put few igbos in key positions. That’s when some progress started being made.

Majority of the companies that they stole during indiginization policy are bankrupt and looted.

5 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by JAMO84: 6:03am On Sep 13, 2020
This one is still crying, 50 years after losing a war they shouldn't have started.

2 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Difrent: 6:32am On Sep 13, 2020
proeast:
There is no doubt that most people, particularly those that do not have either basic or international economics background are overwhelmed by the subject of INDIGENIZATION OF FOREIGN COMPANIES IN NIGERIA because of their inability to understand the economics of it and the efficacies to make the necessary connections and relate it to the present economic doldrums, some simply brush it aside or worse, simple minimize its far reaching implications particularly on the Igbo. In so doing, majority of us dabble into analysis of how terrible Igbo has managed their affairs since after the civil war, while leaving out a huge chunk of the elements that need to be factored into their analysis. The unspeakable effect of the policy of indigenization on the Nigerians was wicked and dastardly. The economic damage on the Igbo is impossible to calculate. The psychological toll on the Igbo is still reverberating amongst the Igbo today and creating identity crisis.

Some folks will argue that we should drop the subject because it happened forty years ago, which is equivalent to saying that because slavery, Jim Crow and the holocaust happened years ago, and for that reason, they have no relevance in today’s analysis. How can any credible analysis of American history not include slavery and its implications, or how can any Jewish history not include the Holocaust and its implications and effects, but that is what some folks want us to do, to avoid or forget one of the most devastating economic policies that changed the economic landmark of Nigeria, second to the genocide of more than three million Igbo committed by the same man, Awo, and still arrive at any meaningful analysis. I believe that the incredulity that any ethnic group is capable of visiting such devastation on another is still an obstacle that the subject is struggling against and must overcome. It is not that most people do not know what happened, it is simply that they do not want to believe that it happened because it is mind-bending. I also believe that if we do not tell the story over and over, the Yorubas will not tell and neither will the Hausa tell it, as a matter of fact they always wish that it will go away. So whether they like it or not, we must continue to broadcast what happened until people start to understand the effect of the policy not only on the Igbo but on the nation as a whole. Suffice to say that after Awo and the Yoruba succeeded in executing the indigenization decree and became overnight millionaires, many Igbo packed their bags and left Lagos to the East –ala Igbo, where they shortly died out of heart break because some of them also suffered the deprivation of their properties due to Abandon Property Policy in Lagos and Port Harcourt.

since we are talking history , the Genocide was started by young Igbo soldiers with the full backing of the igbo elites.......the january 1967 coup is the greatest genocide and the effects is what this your epistle is all about..........my people say FIRST TO DO NO DEY PAIN.........instead of you young Igbo generation to learn from the past you are bent on repeating the same mistake.....since 2015 your behaviour is akin to that first coup where ugbos seek to bring down the leaders of other tribes with the hope that it will confer on them undue advantage but which eventually blew in their faces and led to the loss of millions of igbo lives .
LEARN FROM HISTORY since you are so keen on rewriting history

2 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Difrent: 6:56am On Sep 13, 2020
proeast:

It is no more news worthy to point out that before the civil war that Igbo out of their capacity for honesty, to work hard, to produce, to innovate, to manage, create and persevere were able to penetrate all facets of Nigerian endeavor, when the British used merit as a yard stick. It is an irrefragable fact that even Yoruba would not dare challenge that fact, if not, what started the Yoruba hate, envy and jealousy against the Ibo in the first place, Yoruba and Hausa claimed that Ibo was dominating everything in the country but what they will not acknowledge publicly was the fact that the British were making the decisions about who to hire by their own standard and not by Igbo standard and that Igbo was good at what they did and better than them. The Yoruba and Hausa wanted not only equal opportunity they also wanted equal outcome regardless of effort and everyone knows that that is impossible.

There is one very important fact in my analysis that I want everyone to get, and that is that before the civil war, Nigeria as a nation did not have an economy of its own. Let me say it again, that Nigeria as a nation before the British/Biafran civil war did not have an economy of its own. I emphasized that point in other to say that whatever seemed like Nigerian economy were British owned. Put differently, if you excluded few of the regional cooperatives and some joint ventures businesses which were mostly British engineered to make buying raw materials easy for the British, every other aspect of the economy were owned majorly by the British, even the military, given the fact that almost every military supply came from Britain. It is then safe to say that British investment in Nigeria amounted to a great totality of Nigerian economy or that Nigerian economy was at that time synonymous to the total investment of the British....

which merit? its not merit but because the ibos were mostly servants and messengers to the British they could speak passable pidgin english thats why the british employed them to fill administrative and public service vacancies which is no big deal.....lots of people are trooping to asia and eastern europe to teach english language are you saying its competence thats driving that? No its demand and supply thats why when the Northern elites led by Ahmadu bello felt they have people to fill those vacancies, the only reasonable thing to do is to fill them with indegenes and excuse the ibos.....thsi of course did not go down well with the ibos thats why they were reported to be jubilating the death of Ahmadu Bello in the hands of young ibo soldiers who had the backing of the igbo elites in the east, an action that fuelled public anger against the ibos in the north leading to the civil war .......im sure you will say its Awolowo that made Zik to be fighting for the control of western Nigeria, Typical of the greedy ibo man, your Political leaders want to control the western and eastern regions and when that failed they instigated their young ones in the army to plan a coup......they got trashed both ways..................i really understand the anger of the young ibo, but your enemy are your leaders and not leaders of other tribes.........it can really be painful being a member of a tribe whose name is so blemished ,no one trusts and worthless politically, i mean Buhari has proved that anyone can become president without ibo votes . PELE

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 8:53am On Sep 13, 2020
horsepower102:
"I believe that the question that the benign ignorant should be asking going forward is what did Yoruba do with all these assets and corporations that they stole. How did the country fair under the Yoruba management of the Nigerian economy? How did the Yoruba managed economy relate to today’s economic malaise? Hope they can make the connections......"

Great question. I have asked them similar questions in the past.

They're obviously not good managers. People that has owambe and Jaye-Jaye attitude to life can't possibly be good managers. It becomes worse when such a person or people are giving big businesses and companies to manage at short notice.

It will definitely go downhill and that's what happened when Awo handed them all those companies on a platter of gold.

How can you give such person loan and still ask him to use the same loan to buy huge companies he obviously can't run efficiently?

Remember that Nigeria was at par with many of the Asian countries then. After that Indignization decree of 1972, the foundation of our economy was destroyed and we never recovered from it because it was structural. On the other hand, most of those Asian countries are economic Giants today.

6 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by horsepower102: 9:00am On Sep 13, 2020
proeast:

They're obviously not good managers. People that has owambe and Jaye-Jaye attitude to life can't possibly be good managers. It becomes worse when such a person or people are giving big businesses and companies to manage at short notice.

It will definitely go downhill and that's what happened when Awo handed them all those companies on a platter of gold.

How can you give such person loan and still ask him to use the same loan to buy huge companies he obviously can't run efficiently?

Remember that Nigeria was at par with many of the Asian countries then. After that Indignization decree of 1972, the foundation of our economy was destroyed and we never recovered from it because it was structural. On the other hand, most of those Asian countries are economic Giants today.

A study from one of America’s prestigious university (I forgot the name) in the 60s showed that the eastern Region was the fastest growing region in the world before the uncivil war. This is on record.

Also have you notice something. Whenever an outside organization comes to Nigeria to assess the situation, the East tends to do great on statistics but the statistics from Nigeria always show the opposite.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Dedetwo(m): 9:06am On Sep 13, 2020
solmusdesigns:

Lol

You lots are just revealing yourself more and more to over 300 tribes of Nigerians and they would judge you accordingly with all your propaganda because must understand the history and laugh at your sneaky attempt of rewriting history

An Average Hausa Fulani teenagers knows who whipped Sarduna and his last wife in cold blood , same as Ogbomosho people knows how Samuel Ladoke Akintola was murdered, all Ijaw people know how Ojukwu ended Major Isaac Adaka Boro ended

Point of correction. Samuel Ladoke Akintola committed suicide. Isaac Adaka Boro was killed by a Yari.ba egocentric loudmouth. Sardauna and wife were killed by one of them.

3 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by horsepower102: 9:06am On Sep 13, 2020
proeast:

Even South Korea was poorer than Nigeria until these incompetent people (Yoruba-hausafulani) took over. Can you believe that South Korea was so poor that even Haiti gave them aid. This is on record.

These people ran down Nigeria so bad that today we are begging small South Korea that we used to be far richer than for investment. We even buy their Samsung phones like hot cakes.

4 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Dedetwo(m): 9:09am On Sep 13, 2020
helinues:
Mtcheeew..

Na copy and paste from Upper Iweka writer...

Summarize the damn epistle and let's argue about it

I guess it takes one copy and paste son of the soil from Oluwole to recognize another.

3 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Obamaofusa: 9:17am On Sep 13, 2020
horsepower102:

But both sides cannot be right at the same time. Trust me I enjoy decorum too but one side is trying to maintain lies while the other side is trying to expose it.

I have said similar things in the past about Nigerian economy when the yorubas completely took over. They destroyed the economy with their Hausa Fulani masters.

It’s was finally during OBJ administration that he smartly put few igbos in key positions. That’s when some progress started being made.

Majority of the companies that they stole during indiginization policy are bankrupt and looted.

Indigenization was done by Gowon and not Awoliwo.Yorubas bought most of the companies because they have always been the richest people in Nigeria and very much business savvy than the Igbos who have always looked up to the Yorubas.

If anything is based on merit,it is common knowledge that Yorubas will always whip the Igbos almost in all endeavours. History,continual events and facts not propagandas are testifiers to this maxim.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 9:44am On Sep 13, 2020
Difrent:

which merit? its not merit but because the ibos were mostly servants and messengers to the British they could speak passable pidgin english thats why the british employed them to fill administrative and public service vacancies which is no big deal.....lots of people are trooping to asia and eastern europe to teach english language are you saying its competence thats driving that? No its demand and supply thats why when the Northern elites led by Ahmadu bello felt they have people to fill those vacancies, the only reasonable thing to do is to fill them with indegenes and excuse the ibos.....thsi of course did not go down well with the ibos thats why they were reported to be jubilating the death of Ahmadu Bello in the hands of young ibo soldiers who had the backing of the igbo elites in the east, an action that fuelled public anger against the ibos in the north leading to the civil war .......im sure you will say its Awolowo that made Zik to be fighting for the control of western Nigeria, Typical of the greedy ibo man, your Political leaders want to control the western and eastern regions and when that failed they instigated their young ones in the army to plan a coup......they got trashed both ways..................i really understand the anger of the young ibo, but your enemy are your leaders and not leaders of other tribes.........it can really be painful being a member of a tribe whose name is so blemished ,no one trusts and worthless politically, i mean Buhari has proved that anyone can become president without ibo votes . PELE

Lol, funny people. At the first bold part, your assertion is quite ridiculous to say the least. Do you even know that during colonial times, most Nigerians were just illiterate farmers, hunters, petty traders and other basic vocations. So anyone who was working with the British either as Messengers or interpreters were relatively highly regarded. These were highly sought after jobs but the British would only employ those that are competent which made most of those jobs to be taken by Igbos. These set of people will eventually form bulk of the elite and their children ended up being educated and enlightened.

The second bold part is another indictment on Awolowo. Ziks party, the NCNC won a majority in the Western region. Zik as the leader of the party was naturally expected to become the premier of the Western region. Remember that at this same period in the East, an Ibibio man, I think his name is Eyo Ita, was also about to become the premier of Eastern region where Igbos are the overwhelming majority. What did Awo did? Instead of accepting that his party did not win enough seats for him to be the premier of Western region, he resorted to tribalism. This was actually how tribalism and ethnocentrism became a major criteria for one to qualify for any political position. Awo called a meeting of his people and told them that Zik is omo Igbo and shouldn't be allowed to become their premier. This was how the infamous cross-carpeting of Yoruba NCNC to AG occurred. If Zik was allowed to become the Western premier and Eyo Ita as premier of Eastern region, today, all these tribalism that has rubbished our claim as a nation wouldn't have taken hold.

Lastly, you said that Buhari has shown that anyone can become president without Igbo support. Well, yes, I agree with you but also remember that anyone can become president without Yoruba support. All the North needs to do to win any election is to either team up with Igbos or Yorubas. So, your point here too is baseless.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by horsepower102: 10:01am On Sep 13, 2020
Obamaofusa:

Indigenization was done by Gowon and not Awoliwo.Yorubas bought most of the companies because they have always been the richest people in Nigeria and very much business savvy than the Igbos who have always looked up to the Yorubas.

If anything is based on merit,it is common knowledge that Yorubas will always whip the Igbos almost in all endeavours. History,continual events and facts not propagandas are testifiers to this maxim.

SMFH are you for real? Ok believe whatever you choose to believe. There is no point debating with a delusional person.
Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 10:15am On Sep 13, 2020
horsepower102:

A study from one of America’s prestigious university (I forgot the name) in the 60s showed that the eastern Region was the fastest growing region in the world before the uncivil war. This is on record.

Also have you notice something. Whenever an outside organization comes to Nigeria to assess the situation, the East tends to do great on statistics but the statistics from Nigeria always show the opposite.

Yes, I have seen similar records of indices on human capital development prior to the civil war, and the East was tops.

If the economy was handed to the Igbos, instead of them, Nigeria wouldn't have been in this mess it has found itself.

Most progressive countries only use their best brains regardless of who or where the person came from. This is a policy America applied that helped them to become great. However, when it comes to Nigeria, a person's place of birth takes preeminence over competence.

Is it not mind boggling that despite all the unfair advantages and headstarts they have over Igbos including the devastating war that brought Igbos to their knees, the same Igbos have able to squeeze out wealth from the proverbial stone. In about 5 decades, we were able to overcome the handicap and odds they used and still using to hold us down.

Igbos have succeeded in clawing themselves back to the top of the food by sheer dint of hardwork and perseverance and are now running neck to neck with them and even ahead in some areas.

In trying to keep Igbos down, Nigeria shot itself at the foot. A classic example of cutting one's nose to spite his face cry cry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 10:23am On Sep 13, 2020
horsepower102:

SMFH are you for real? Ok believe whatever you choose to believe. There is no point debating with a delusional person.

I simply ignored him because he was speaking out of emotion without any fact, sense or logic. Those ones are better left to wallow in their ignorance grin grin

4 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by horsepower102: 10:26am On Sep 13, 2020
proeast:

Yes, I have seen similar records of indices on human capital development prior to the civil war, and the East was tops.

If the economy was handed to the Igbos, instead of them, Nigeria wouldn't have been in this mess it has found itself.

Most progressive countries only use their best brains regardless of who or where the person came from. This is a policy America applied that helped them to become great. However, when it comes to Nigeria, a person's place of birth takes preeminence over competence.

Is it not mind boggling that despite all the unfair advantages and headstarts they have over Igbos including the devastating war that brought Igbos to their knees, the same Igbos have able to squeeze out wealth from the proverbial stone. In about 5 decades, we were able to overcome the handicap and odds they used and still using to hold us down.

Igbos have succeeded in clawing themselves back to the top of the food by sheer dint of hardwork and perseverance and are now running neck to neck with them and even ahead in some areas.

In trying to keep Igbos down, Nigeria shot itself at the foot. A classic example of cutting one's nose to spite his face cry cry

I am an Igbo man yet I marvel at the rate of recovery that the igbo people made after the war despite all the evil limiting policies against them. Now imagine how those who actually created those policies feel. They are angry and extremely disappointed that their plans didnt work out the way they hoped. If anything, it backfired,

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 13, 2020
proeast:
obtain loans from their Yoruba dominated banks to make the most minimal of offers to the British as there were no competitions. The British had no choice but to accept any offer as the alternative was losing everything to the federal government.

The British lost pretty much all their investment to the Yoruba whose stock in trade is robbing and stealing any and everything they can get their hands on. Thousands of Yoruba became millionaires overnight and there was jubilation and owanbe all over Yoruba land. Yoruba had parties day and night and weekends. They closed streets to display their new found wealth as they partied.

I thought Yoruba did not dominate the banks till after indigenization? So how were they able to do as you claimed up there?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 13, 2020
horsepower102:

I am an Igbo man yet I marvel at the rate of recovery that the igbo people made after the war despite all the evil limiting policies against them. Now imagine how those who actually created those policies feel. They are angry and extremely disappointed that their plans didnt work out the way they hoped. If anything, it backfired,

Drugs and Rituals bro...Drugs and Rituals are the secret cool

No need to marvel at any goddamned 'rate of recovery'

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 10:50am On Sep 13, 2020
horsepower102:

If foreigner who does not know Nigeria's history is asked to guess where the devastating civil war was fought based on how the cities and rural areas of each region looks like, the last region such person will point at is SE. They will either say it is the North or SW for obvious reasons.

Aside federal government infrastructure like roads, bridges and other amenities, our cities and rural areas still beat that of any other region in Nigeria! In essence, the war was fought in the East but the after effects is being felt in the regions that didn't withness any war grin grin

8 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by masseratti: 10:51am On Sep 13, 2020
I don't have the time to be stating you the author blatant lies, 1st you said the indigenization decree was 1972 right? Are you aware Awolowo resigned as finance minister in 1971? You said wema bank was owned by the British how? When, I can count five companies you stated that were founded by Nigerian not foreigners.

Stop lying to your kids against people who did nothing wrong to you, its on records that yorubas kept your fathers houses for you in lagos, ogún and Ibadan after the Civil war, dont repay good with evil the Bible preached against it, try and make heaven, even the Bible you read in your language was written by a yoruba man.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 10:59am On Sep 13, 2020
Eriksson:

I thought Yoruba did not dominate the banks till after indigenization? So how were they able to do as you claimed up there?

Go back to the first page and read up before you start asking me JAMB questions.

Awolowo was the finance minister and defacto vice president at that point in time. He cunningly and hurriedly pushed for the Indignization decree to hand over the British companies to his people before Igbos will recover. Have you forgotten that Igbos were only given 20 pounds or so regardless of thousands or millions they may have had in their accounts prior to the war.

The positions Igbos were occupying in these banks or other strategic companies before the war were handed over to the Yorubas. So, how do you expect people who now had 20 pounds at most or lacked good positions in the corporate affairs of Nigeria to be involved in the process??

5 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 11:03am On Sep 13, 2020
Eriksson:

Drugs and Rituals bro...Drugs and Rituals are the secret cool

No need to marvel at any goddamned 'rate of recovery'

It is on record which people started drug pushing in Nigeria.
It is also on record which region is Nigeria's ritual capital. So, if rituals can make a people rich and developed, then your cities and towns won't be so rustic and filled with brown roofs grin grin

6 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 11:06am On Sep 13, 2020
masseratti:
I don't have the time to be stating you the author blatant lies, 1st you said the indigenization decree was 1972 right? Are you aware Awolowo resigned as finance minister in 1971? You said wema bank was owned by the British how? When, I can count five companies you stated that were founded by Nigerian not foreigners.

Stop lying to your kids against people who did nothing wrong to you, its on records that yorubas kept your fathers houses for you in lagos, ogún and Ibadan after the Civil war, dont repay good with evil the Bible preached against it, try and make heaven, even the Bible you read in your language was written by a yoruba man.

So all you could come up with is the emotional drivels??
Go and read about the Indignization decree and facts surrounding it then come back and quote me.

Meanwhile look at the attached file for some heads up.

3 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 11:09am On Sep 13, 2020
This thread has revealed some bitter truths and it's quite pathetic how my Yoruba compatriots are running around like headless chickens.

Instead of countering these facts with superior facts or logics they're now resorting to emotional vituperations. SMH.

5 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 13, 2020
proeast:

Lol, funny people. At the first bold part, your assertion is quite ridiculous to say the least. Do you even know that during colonial times, most Nigerians were just illiterate farmers, hunters, petty traders and other basic vocations. So anyone who was working with the British either as Messengers or interpreters were relatively highly regarded. These were highly sought after jobs but the British would only employ those that are competent which made most of those jobs to be taken by Igbos. These set of people will eventually form bulk of the elite and their children ended up being educated and enlightened.

The second bold part is another indictment on Awolowo. Ziks party, the NCNC won a majority in the Western region. Zik as the leader of the party was naturally expected to become the premier of the Western region. Remember that at this same period in the East, an Ibibio man, I think his name is Eyo Ita, was also about to become the premier of Eastern region where Igbos are the overwhelming majority. What did Awo did? Instead of accepting that his party did not win enough seats for him to be the premier of Western region, he resorted to tribalism. This was actually how tribalism and ethnocentrism became a major criteria for one to qualify for any political position. Awo called a meeting of his people and told them that Zik is omo Igbo and shouldn't be allowed to become their premier. This was how the infamous cross-carpeting of Yoruba NCNC to AG occurred. If Zik was allowed to become the Western premier and Eyo Ita as premier of Eastern region, today, all these tribalism that has rubbished our claim as a nation wouldn't have taken hold.

Lastly, you said that Buhari has shown that anyone can become president without Igbo support. Well, yes, I agree with you but also remember that anyone can become president without Yoruba support. All the North needs to do to win any election is to either team up with Igbos or Yorubas. So, your point here too is baseless.

Nothing prestigious in being a lapdog of the white man and betraying your own people. That's why it was only in the east we had warrant chiefs who became to Ezes and Obis of today.

And till tomorrow the most irresponsible traditional rulers are the Ezes of ala Igbo. Till tomorrow.

6 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 13, 2020
masseratti:

Don't mind that bunch of liars.

The same WEMA bank, Agbonmagbe?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 11:20am On Sep 13, 2020
Eriksson:

Nothing prestigious in being a lapdog of the white man and betraying your own people. That's why it was only in the east we had warrant chiefs who became to Ezes and Obis of today.

And till tomorrow the most irresponsible traditional rulers are the Ezes of ala Igbo. Till tomorrow.

Were the British not the ones ruling Nigeria then? If it wasn't demeaning for them to be ruling Nigeria, then why should it be demeaning for the people to work as interpreters or Messengers even when they will be well paid for it?

The East having warrant cheifs or indirect rule is just a mode of government the British worked with based on the fact that Igbos are republican in nature.

5 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 11:22am On Sep 13, 2020
Eriksson:

Don't mind that bunch of liars.

The same WEMA bank, Agbonmagbe?

So many companies and brands were mentioned so why pick out only one?
What about former Barclays Bank and several others?

4 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by masseratti: 11:24am On Sep 13, 2020
Dedetwo:

Point of correction. Samuel Ladoke Akintola committed suicide. Isaac Adaka Boro was killed by a Yari.ba egocentric loudmouth. Sardauna and wife were killed by one of them.
you lie too much, are you not ashamed?

3 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by masseratti: 11:26am On Sep 13, 2020
proeast:

So many companies and brands were mentioned so why pick out only one?
What about former Barclays Bank and several others?

oga all banks were owned either by regional governments or federal governments, Barclay's bank, now union bank was never owned by any Yoruba man but by FG until recently its shares like that of 1st bank was sold to the public in 2000s.stop lying go and read your book, the archives are there.

2 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by DerideGull(m): 11:30am On Sep 13, 2020
masseratti:

Do you have slightest fact about the circumstances surrounding the death of above mentioned characters?

2 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by DerideGull(m): 11:38am On Sep 13, 2020
Eriksson:

You written like person who had metal difficulties as child. There was condition for betrayal in east hence the warrant chiefs who were tax collectors. The east was too hot for Europeans that mere tax collection could lead to unpleasant scene therefore Europeans elected to have go-betweens. In addition, warrant chiefs did not become Eze or Obi in Igbo land. For your information, most of the so-called warrant chiefs were not sons of the soil therefore were living on borrowed time.

1 Like

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by T9ksy(m): 11:44am On Sep 13, 2020
masseratti:

Hell NO!!! The word "shame" is an alien concept in his part of the world.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu / PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week / Atiku Being Targeted For Arrest - Spokesman, Paul Ibe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.