Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay (10968 Views)

POL 501 The Tinubu Masterclass (sparsky Vs Fisher 1972) / Tinubu: We All Caused Nigeria’s Woes, We Must Salvage It Together / How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by masseratti: 11:47am On Sep 13, 2020
proeast:

Lol, funny people. At the first bold part, your assertion is quite ridiculous to say the least. Do you even know that during colonial times, most Nigerians were just illiterate farmers, hunters, petty traders and other basic vocations. So anyone who was working with the British either as Messengers or interpreters were relatively highly regarded. These were highly sought after jobs but the British would only employ those that are competent which made most of those jobs to be taken by Igbos. These set of people will eventually form bulk of the elite and their children ended up being educated and enlightened.

The second bold part is another indictment on Awolowo. Ziks party, the NCNC won a majority in the Western region. Zik as the leader of the party was naturally expected to become the premier of the Western region. Remember that at this same period in the East, an Ibibio man, I think his name is Eyo Ita, was also about to become the premier of Eastern region where Igbos are the overwhelming majority. What did Awo did? Instead of accepting that his party did not win enough seats for him to be the premier of Western region, he resorted to tribalism. This was actually how tribalism and ethnocentrism became a major criteria for one to qualify for any political position. Awo called a meeting of his people and told them that Zik is omo Igbo and shouldn't be allowed to become their premier. This was how the infamous cross-carpeting of Yoruba NCNC to AG occurred. If Zik was allowed to become the Western premier and Eyo Ita as premier of Eastern region, today, all these tribalism that has rubbished our claim as a nation wouldn't have taken hold.

Lastly, you said that Buhari has shown that anyone can become president without Igbo support. Well, yes, I agree with you but also remember that anyone can become president without Yoruba support. All the North needs to do to win any election is to either team up with Igbos or Yorubas. So, your point here too is baseless.
stop turning history upside-down, trying to re write your own online, internet never forget,

No1 NCNC was founded by a Yoruba man Herbert Macaulay, its not Zik party.
NCNC is as much a yoruba party than any other region party in the South, the Oba of lagos was a staunch supporter as well as many others, after Herbert Died Zik who was the second in command took over.

No2 Awo and Herbert Macaulay had no love lost relationship with themselves till he died, Awo had nothing personal with Zik.. He founded his own party Macaulay NCNC and Awo's AG already had political issues before Zik came to the scene.

No 3 no one cross carpeted from NCNC to AG.
None of the two popular party could could form a government with the number of seats they won, only a "coalition" could form a government, it was a parliament and to form a government there is a number of seats a party must win in parliament, Awo'AG and Zik's NCNC didn't win the required seat, AG formed "coalition" with a small party and got the required seat to form government, please how is that a betrayal? ZIK did the same thing on the national level when he formed coalition government with the hausa/Fulani party, did anyone cried betrayal?

No4, no one stopped zik from becoming premiere in the most richest region in the country, he lost out in politics, you forgot Zik betrayed his constituents in Yaba lagos who are mostly Yorubas who voted for him, he abandoned the mandate they gave him, went to the east, made igbo in parliament to make Eyo Ettah to give up his seat, a member from onitsha had to give up his seat too for Zik to be a member of Eastern parliament and subsequently be elected the premier, all the history are at the national archive.

You cant rewrite history, stop lying we wont stop exposing you, no one is perfect, no tribe is perfect but stop lying, its not good for your health.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 13, 2020
DerideGull:

You written like person who had metal difficulties as child. There was condition for betrayal in east hence the warrant chiefs who were tax collectors. The east was too hot for Europeans that mere tax collection could lead to unpleasant scene therefore Europeans elected to have go-betweens. In addition, warrant chiefs did not become Eze or Obi in Igbo land. For your information, most of the so-called warrant chiefs were not sons of the soil therefore were living on borrowed time.

Na your Papa get mental difficulties you fool.

Continue trying to rewrite history

2 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 11:53am On Sep 13, 2020
masseratti:
oga all banks were owned either by regional governments or federal governments, Barclay's bank, now union bank was never owned by any Yoruba man but by FG until recently its shares like that of 1st bank was sold to the public in 2000s.stop lying go and read your book, the archives are there.

I hate blind argument. I know you guys are just arguing blindly because the truth is too bitter to accept, especially to people who lacks the maturity that comes with honesty.

Pls go through the excerpt I attached below, it is a New York Times publication that was released in the 1970's.

From the above excerpt, one can easily deduce that Citibank was one of the biggest banks operating in Nigeria and the American owners refused to accept the dictates of the Indignization decree and they left Nigeria. Some too like them left while others complied.

The truth shall set you free, kindly accept it and stop arguing blindly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by T9ksy(m): 11:56am On Sep 13, 2020
proeast:

The second bold part is another indictment on Awolowo. Ziks party, the NCNC won a majority in the Western region. Zik as the leader of the party was naturally expected to become the premier of the Western region. Remember that at this same period in the East, an Ibibio man, I think his name is Eyo Ita, was also about to become the premier of Eastern region where Igbos are the overwhelming majority. What did Awo did? Instead of accepting that his party did not win enough seats for him to be the premier of Western region, he resorted to tribalism. This was actually how tribalism and ethnocentrism became a major criteria for one to qualify for any political position. Awo called a meeting of his people and told them that Zik is omo Igbo and shouldn't be allowed to become their premier. This was how the infamous cross-carpeting of Yoruba NCNC to AG occurred. If Zik was allowed to become the Western premier and Eyo Ita as premier of Eastern region, today, all these tribalism that has rubbished our claim as a nation wouldn't have taken hold.

Abegi, produce the election result that shows clearly that the said NCNC, won the premiership election in western nigeria in 1951 or else just shut the phock up,

Why are you ibos still wailing 7 decades after the fact that the yorubas didn't allowed their main enemy to be in charge of their political affairs?

Why didn't the "omo ibo" that was born in the north attempt to became premier where he was born?

Was it not "tribalism" that would make an ibo man contemplate been in charge of his rival's region?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by masseratti: 11:58am On Sep 13, 2020
proeast:

So all you could come up with is the emotional drivels??
Go and read about the Indignization decree and facts surrounding it then come back and quote me.

Meanwhile look at the attached file for some heads up.
i have read this article you posted to anoter poster before, now that you have posted it to me, i guess you your self have not read what you posted or you can't comprehend English grammar.
Let me help you to decipher or summarize what that article is saying, that article was talking about constitution review in 1972,it mentioned Awolowo im his capacity has a regional Ethnic leader, not as a Government official, which he was no more as at 1972,he resigned January 1971 and became a private citizen, the decree you postulating was promulgate in 1972 Awolowo was a private citizen then,read your article well before you post please, the article talked more about census if not anything, no where in that article did it say Awolowo suggested or implemented indigenization.

8 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by masseratti: 11:59am On Sep 13, 2020
T9ksy:

Abegi, produce the election result that shows clearly that the said NCNC, won the premiership election in western nigeria in 1951 or else just shut the phock up,

Why are you ibos still wailing 7 decades after the fact that the yorubas didn't allowed their main enemy to be in charge of their political affairs?

Why didn't the "omo ibo" that was born in the north attempt to became premier where he was born?

Was it not "tribalism" that would make an ibo man contemplate been in charge of his rival's region?
no mind him... We are ready for the liars today.

2 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by masseratti: 12:06pm On Sep 13, 2020
proeast:

I hate blind argument. I know you guys are just arguing blindly because the truth is too bitter to accept, especially to people who lacks the maturity that comes with honesty.

Pls go through the excerpt I attached below, it is a New York Times publication that was released in the 1970's.
please you said 1972 be specific, which year in the 70s, you said Awo caused it, we just told you he became a private citizen in January 1971, thats been specific, 1970s is too vague and broad, which year is your article talking about?

You should be the one to be honest with yourself, be specific.

And from your article can you read that the banks were sold to the federal government? Through the CBN? No Nigerian owned a bank in the 70s,80s...not until the 90s their shares was sold to the general public. Or you cant comprehend what you posted?

Cos you claimed the yorubas took over the banks in the 70s and ran it aground.

7 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by masseratti: 12:09pm On Sep 13, 2020
T9ksy:

Hell NO!!! The word "shame" is an alien concept in his part of the world.
lolzzz i just cant understand why someone will wake up in the morning and formulate lies, its amazing.

3 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by lionshare: 12:09pm On Sep 13, 2020
@proeast did you read the attachment before posting it. It’s fine to argue but you should bring facts to the table...it’s on record that awo resigned before the policy was executed. Please counter that with facts, no insults pls just debates. Everyone has tendencies to be bias but we cannot claim to be civil & educated and yet argue with facts.

5 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by masseratti: 12:10pm On Sep 13, 2020
DerideGull:

Point of correction. Samuel Ladoke Akintola committed suicide. Isaac Adaka Boro was killed by a Yari.ba egocentric loudmouth. Sardauna and wife were killed by one of them.

Do you have slightest fact about the circumstances surrounding the death of above mentioned characters?
I don't respond to broken records please.

5 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by masseratti: 12:15pm On Sep 13, 2020
proeast:

So all you could come up with is the emotional drivels??
Go and read about the Indignization decree and facts surrounding it then come back and quote me.

Meanwhile look at the attached file for some heads up.
mention one paragraph in the article you posted that mentioned indigenization,
Or you cant comprehend English language again?

Just one Paragraph

Just because you saw the name Awolowo in the article who was by the way debating the type of government Nigeria should have after military rule as a private citizen, you qouted the article without reading the content, mention one paragraph with the word indigenization.

3 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by naijaking1: 12:21pm On Sep 13, 2020
No question or doubt that most of our national policies are made with a short term goal for immediate self benefits, without regards to the long term consequences.

4 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by T9ksy(m): 12:21pm On Sep 13, 2020
masseratti:
lolzzz i just cant understand why someone will wake up in the morning and formulate lies, its amazing.

They are genetically wired with the morality of an alley cat hence why they spew gibberish, effortlessly.

5 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by masseratti: 12:30pm On Sep 13, 2020
T9ksy:

They are genetically wired with the morality of an alley cat hence they spew gibberish, effortlessly.
i pray for them honestly... But i bet its only a few of them that has this mindset tho, we must make it loud to themYorubas don't care and holds no grudges against anyone live and lets live.

4 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 12:48pm On Sep 13, 2020
masseratti:
stop turning history upside-down, trying to re write your own online, internet never forget,

NCNC is as much a yoruba party than any other region party in the South, the Oba of lagos was a staunch supporter as well as many others, after Herbert Died Zik who was the second in command took over.

No2 Awo and Herbert Macaulay had no love lost relationship with themselves till he died, Awo had nothing personal with Zik.. He founded his own party Macaulay NCNC and Awo's AG already had political issues before Zik came to the scene.

No 3 no one cross carpeted from NCNC to AG.
None of the two popular party could could form a government with the number of seats they won, only a "coalition" could form a government, it was a parliament and to form a government there is a number of seats a party must win in parliament, Awo'AG and Zik's NCNC didn't win the required seat, AG formed "coalition" with a small party and got the required seat to form government, please how is that a betrayal? ZIK did the same thing on the national level when he formed coalition government with the hausa/Fulani party, did anyone cried betrayal?

No4, no one stopped zik from becoming premiere in the most richest region in the country, he lost out in politics, you forgot Zik betrayed his constituents in Yaba lagos who are mostly Yorubas who voted for him, he abandoned the mandate they gave him, went to the east, made igbo in parliament to make Eyo Ettah to give up his seat, a member from onitsha had to give up his seat too for Zik to be a member of Eastern parliament and subsequently be elected the premier, all the history are at the national archive.

You cant rewrite history, stop lying we wont exposing you, no one is perfect, no tribe is perfect but stop lying, its not good for your health.

This was a Businessday editorial writing by a Yoruba.
Nobody is arguing that Zik formed NCNC, rather it was Macaulay that formed it but Zik became its leader during that point in time yet it didn't stop Awo from playing the tribalism card.

2 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by chrisblack: 12:55pm On Sep 13, 2020
proeast:

They're obviously not good managers. People that has owambe and Jaye-Jaye attitude to life can't possibly be good managers. It becomes worse when such a person or people are giving big businesses and companies to manage at short notice.

It will definitely go downhill and that's what happened when Awo handed them all those companies on a platter of gold.

How can you give such person loan and still ask him to use the same loan to buy huge companies he obviously can't run efficiently?

Remember that Nigeria was at par with many of the Asian countries then. After that Indignization decree of 1972, the foundation of our economy was destroyed and we never recovered from it because it was structural. On the other hand, most of those Asian countries are economic Giants today.
what do you even understand by the indigenization decree. Many of you just go on shouting about things you know nothing about. Twisting facts.Bringing up stories to suit your narratives.Since independence there As been a clamour for the shit in ownership of economic power from the colonialists to Nigerians.Despite been freed Nigeria was still economically colonized.Go back an read your history proper.

NEPC 1972. NEPC decree of 1972 was a legislation to effect changes in the ownership structure of light industries such as retail and small scale businesses. ... A new bank, the Nigerian bank of Commerce and Industry came into existence to facilitate loans to Nigerians for the purpose of investing in foreign owned firms.
Even the Government full implementation of the law was more pronounced during obasanjos era as head of state. You can check the New York times take on the issue https://www.nytimes.com/1976/10/30/archives/nigerias-indigenization-policy-under-fire.html
During this time it was not only Nigeria that was involved in this process.Many freed african countries had their own from outright nationalization to indigenization.Nigeria chooses that part because it believed 40% ownership was fair to the Foreigner.even today many of you shouting are the first to ask for control in your own local domain.it takes various toga like resource control. It's same. Re writing history to suit your lies is a waste of time. During the indigenization period many Nigerians including the easterners jubilated and bought into it. Please I don't need to tell you to stop propagating your lies. The truth is it will fetch you nothing

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by sammyscholar(m): 1:01pm On Sep 13, 2020
horsepower102:

But both sides cannot be right at the same time. Trust me I enjoy decorum too but one side is trying to maintain lies while the other side is trying to expose it.

I have said similar things in the past about the Nigerian economy when the Yorubas completely took over. They destroyed the economy with their Hausa Fulani masters.

It’s was finally during OBJ administration that he smartly put few Igbos in key positions. That’s when some progress started being made.

Majority of the companies that they stole during indigenization policy are bankrupt and looted.
It is not an issue if you feel Igbos are good administrators. Just the way I feel about my tribe, Yoruba, too.

However, where you are going wrong is saying 'Yorubas destroyed the economy that Igbos built'. That is ridiculous! Literally, you are saying it is only Igbos that are wired to be good administrators in Nigeria, and that other tribes cannot just be!

Yet, looking at Nigeria today, South-Western part of the country has the most GDP and IGR in the entire country. Becoming this was no accident! A lot of works went into it; although I agree that we can do better.

With the way you try to berate other tribes, I expect the South East to be the most developed region in the country but that is not the case! You claimed you are good administrators and your region is still badly managed by your leaders.

Or do you want to claim that what happened decades ago is the reason Igbo leaders have not been able to develop South-Eastern region till today! We see what is happening in your region today. NO MAGIC is happening there!

I am not trying to berate you or your region. I am just trying to let you know that it will not do us any good insulting or ridiculing ourselves. Let us leave what is behind where it belongs and focus on what matters.

Nigeria needs to visit its core foundation and make necessary changes. Even in our diversity, nothing stops us from being a developed nation. It is our lack of morals and discipline to do what is right and needful that we are where we are today.

Cheers!

6 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by orisa37: 1:07pm On Sep 13, 2020
Rugaria:

Loot, i loot democracy..

You don't know IPOB. IPOB is not about DEMOCRACY. It's VENGIANCE.

1 Like

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 1:10pm On Sep 13, 2020
T9ksy:

Same old tribalism we are talking about. What is wrong in Zik aspiring to a political position in the West? Is West not part of Nigeria? Is Zik not a Nigerian?

Obama was originally from Kenya but eventually became United States president. Nigerians are being elected into positions in UK, Canada etc but a fellow Nigerian was discriminated against and denied being elected based on tribalism.

You can see the report a Yoruba man wrote about what transpired during the 1951 elections.

3 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Rugaria: 1:15pm On Sep 13, 2020
orisa37:

You don't know IPOB. IPOB is not about DEMOCRACY. It's VENGIANCE.

What is the correlatiion between 'self-determination' and "vengeance"?

1 Like

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by kayfra: 1:18pm On Sep 13, 2020
With a name such as Proeast. No wonder he sounds demented

4 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 1:19pm On Sep 13, 2020
lionshare:
@proeast did you read the attachment before posting it. It’s fine to argue but you should bring facts to the table...it’s on record that awo resigned before the policy was executed. Please counter that with facts, no insults pls just debates. Everyone has tendencies to be bias but we cannot claim to be civil & educated and yet argue with facts.

You missed the point of sending the attachment. It was to show that Awolowo was still influencing policies as at 1972. Again, the Indignization decree only took effect in 1972, does it mean the idea also came into effect that same moment it was implemented? The idea must have been brought forward much earlier!!

4 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 1:21pm On Sep 13, 2020
kayfra:
[s]With a name such as Proeast. No wonder he sounds demented[/s]

If you don't have anything reasonable or meaningful to say, is it not better to keep shut instead of exposing your ignorance and gutter upbringing to the public.

1 Like

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by DerideGull(m): 1:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
proeast:

This was a Businessday editorial writing by a Yoruba.
Nobody is arguing that Zik formed NCNC, rather it was Macaulay that formed it but Zik became its leader during that point in time yet it didn't stop Awo from playing the tribalism card.

Macaulay did not FORM NCNC. Herbert Macaulay was instrumental in the formation of NNDP which fielded many candidates for seats in Lagos legislative council. The party's candidates were trashed by the candidates fielded by Zik's Nigerian Youth Movement. During formative hours of NCNC, Zik invited Herbart Macaulay to join the process. At this juncture, NNDP ceased to exit as a political party however the name was invoked in 1964 when SL Akintola formed another party in western region and named it NNDP.

1 Like

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 13, 2020
solmusdesigns:

Lol

For him to write all this long epistle we need proof as this is Nairaland and not Biafla Facebook propaganda page

You guys have time sha. Igbos are singularly the most shamelessly dishonest ethnic group, out of over 300, in Nigeria.

Lying childishly and shamelessly, plus revising history fraudulently, is second nature to Igbos. Buhari has been replaced by Jubrin. Trump is ready to declare Biafra, UN about to decree the existence of Biafra, Igbos own 99% of Lagos, Accra and Joburg etal.

Their lies are so shamelessly senseless that one can only feel pity for those who take seriously whatever an Igbo writes or asserts. This mumbo jumbo thread is simply another false narrative, out of literally millions, the Igbos create in cyberspace daily to blame Yorubas for everything and assassinate our character before the world. Nothing new really.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by DerideGull(m): 1:33pm On Sep 13, 2020
masseratti:

[b]No 3 no one cross carpeted from NCNC to AG.
None of the two popular party could could form a government with the number of seats they won, only a "coalition" could form a government, it was a parliament and to form a government there is a number of seats a party must win in parliament, Awo'AG and Zik's NCNC didn't win the [/b]required seat, AG formed "coalition" with a small party and got the required seat to form government, please how is that a betrayal? ZIK did the same thing on the national level when he formed coalition government with the hausa/Fulani party, did anyone cried betrayal?

You cant rewrite history, stop lying we wont exposing you, no one is perfect, no tribe is perfect but stop lying, its not good for your health.

I really do not understand why certain cretins in Nigeria love to make fool of themselves publicly. Herbert Macaulay was invited by Azikiwe to join the factional NYM and trade unions which were in the process to form NCNC. The party NCNC was not formed by Nigerians alone hence National Council of Nigeria and Cameroons. Macaulay's NNDP had been rendered useless by NYM in the Lagos Legislative Council election and party ceased to exist as a political party.

Your # 3 is arrant nonsense!! The only two parties with national posture to stand election were AG and NCNC. The mushroom parties were only allowed to contest election under the umbrella and manifesto of a party with national coverage. Zik was the national president of NCNC but leader of NCNC in western region was Gbadamosi Adegoke Adelabu. If you are in doubt of what transpired in western region during the wee hours of 1951, I urge you to read the biography of Gbadamosi Adegoke Adelabu not craps and propaganda vomited by partisan Yoruba people.

2 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by masseratti: 1:36pm On Sep 13, 2020
chrisblack:
what do you even understand by the indigenization decree. Many of you just go on shouting about things you know nothing about. Twisting facts.Bringing up stories to suit your narratives.Since independence there As been a clamour for the shit in ownership of economic power from the colonialists to Nigerians.Despite been freed Nigeria was still economically colonized.Go back an read your history proper.

NEPC 1972. NEPC decree of 1972 was a legislation to effect changes in the ownership structure of light industries such as retail and small scale businesses. ... A new bank, the Nigerian bank of Commerce and Industry came into existence to facilitate loans to Nigerians for the purpose of investing in foreign owned firms.
Even the Government full implementation of the law was more pronounced during obasanjos era as head of state. You can check the New York times take on the issue https://www.nytimes.com/1976/10/30/archives/nigerias-indigenization-policy-under-fire.html
During this time it was not only Nigeria that was involved in this process.Many freed african countries had their own from outright nationalization to indigenization.Nigeria chooses that part because it believed 40% ownership was fair to the Foreigner.even today many of you shouting are the first to ask for control in your own local domain.it takes various toga like resource control. It's same. Re writing history to suit your lies is a waste of time. During the indigenization period many Nigerians including the easterners jubilated and bought into it. Please I don't need to tell you to stop propagating your lies. The truth is it will fetch you nothing

thank you

1 Like

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by masseratti: 1:41pm On Sep 13, 2020
DerideGull:

I really do not understand why certain cretins in Nigeria love to make fool of themselves publicly. Herbert Macaulay was invited by Azikiwe to join the factional NYM and trade unions which in the process to NCNC. The party NCNC was not formed by Nigerians alone hence National Council of Nigeria and Cameroons. Macaulay's NNDP had been rendered useless by NYM in the Lagos Legislative Council election and party ceased to exist as a political party.
here comes another liar.

No 1..NYM you quoted was formed by Eyo ita.
How can you be a factional head of NYM and you "invited someone to come and be a founder of a party? Doesn't make sense oga.. Stop lying.

No2 majority of NYM members were Yorubas,although it was formed by Eyo Ita, Samuel akisanya, Ernest ikoli,kofo abayomi was the first president of NYM, at no point was Zik ever the president nor to invite Macaulay to form NCNC,

No3, Awo, Zik, Akintola were all members of NYM at the same time.

No 4 the first political party in Nigeria was NNDP
After which the party was defeated, by NYM in lagos council, mind you, Zik was never the leader of NYM, Macaulay later formed NCNC with zik the party secretary.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by DerideGull(m): 1:45pm On Sep 13, 2020
masseratti:
here comes another liar.

No 1..NYM you quoted was formed by Eyo ita.
How can you be a factional head of NYM and you "invited someone to come and be a founder of a party? Doesn't make sense oga.. Stop lying.

Please read books not craps you lifted from Internet. The bolded showed you know absolute nothing about what you would want us to believe as facts. Eyo Ita did not know where Nigerian Youth Movement (NYM) was formed.

2 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 1:47pm On Sep 13, 2020
chrisblack:

Lies and false narrative!!
The same Igbos that lost their jobs and whose accounts were wiped out through state santioned policy will be jubilating over an Indignization decree they're in no position to partake? You really must think you're talking to kids.

Nigeria lacked the technical ability to successfully operate all those franchises at that point in time, and why would that even be the priority of a country that just emerged from a civil war? Why the rush to take over the economy from foreign companies when a significant part of the country was yet to recover from the devastating effects of the war? It was all a smokescreen, an agenda to hand over the economy to a particular section of the country!

It is same lies and mischief that has made us to be going in circles.

1 Like

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 1:52pm On Sep 13, 2020
candidtalk:

You guys have time sha. Igbos are singularly the most shamelessly dishonest ethnic group, out of over 300, in Nigeria.

Lying childishly and shamelessly, plus revising history fraudulently, is second nature to Igbos. Buhari has been replaced by Jubrin. Trump is ready to declare Biafra, UN about to decree the existence of Biafra, Igbos own 99% of Lagos, Accra and Joburg etal.

Their lies are so shamelessly senseless that one can only feel pity for those who take seriously whatever an Igbo writes or asserts. This mumbo jumbo thread is simply another false narrative, out of literally millions, the Igbos create in cyberspace daily to blame Yorubas for everything and assassinate our character before the world. Nothing new really.

Zero sense made!
Throwing tantrums and resorting to cheap blackmail won't get you anywhere.

Come up with something intelligent to counter hards and stop all these gibberish.

2 Likes

Re: How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay by proeast(m): 2:00pm On Sep 13, 2020
DerideGull:

Macaulay did not FORM NCNC. Herbert Macaulay was instrumental in the formation of NNDP which fielded many candidates for seats in Lagos legislative council. The party's candidates were trashed by the candidates fielded by Zik's Nigerian Youth Movement. During formative hours of NCNC, Zik invited Herbart Macaulay to join the process. At this juncture, NNDP ceased to exit as a political party however the name was invoked in 1964 when SL Akintola formed another party in western region and named it NNDP.

You may be right about that, I don't know the full details of the NCNC's formation as a party, and I can't delve into that at the moment since it's not basis of the argument. However, I know both Zik and Macaulay were influential leaders.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Founder Itex Group, Tony Ohifeme Ezekiel Joins Edo North Senatorial District / Ikonne: Abia PDP Can Conduct Fresh Primary – INEC / Oshiomhole Denies Impregnating 24 Year Old Undergraduate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.