Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell (1012 Views)

Prophet Emeka Onu Lists Food That Can Take One To Heaven And Hell (Video) / Winners Chapel Pastor Turned Babalawo: The Devil Lied To You And You Believed It / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by Ayebagbalinyo365: 10:14am On Sep 13, 2020
Do you believed that people died and visit Heaven and Hell and came back to life with warning from God?
This is particular Question has been disturbing my mind since I came across a story about "Lazarus and the Rich Man" in the Holy Bible.
from that story I learnt that there are still Prophets of God in the world who tell us what God has for us a warning or other things
read the story below:
Luke 16:19-24,27-31 KJV
There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: [20] And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, [21] And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. [22] And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; [23] And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. [24] And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. [27] Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: [28] For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. [29] Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. [30] And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. [31] And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

From the above Holy Bible verses you will see where Abraham said that :there are prophets that the people should hear from them,if the people don't hear from the Prophets they will equally not hear Larazus (a man who will come to life from death to give warning to the people)
This give me a strong belief that people don't die and visit Heaven and Hell to give people warning from God.
The Holy Bible is the word of God and it contain all the warnings from God and it is the right guide of life.
what is your understanding from the above story?

Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by ggirl4real: 10:15am On Sep 13, 2020
No.

Christians who are religious extremists can go to any length to prove their points even if it means lieing.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 13, 2020
Either possible or not, one thing is sure. They can never come back with a message.
Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by thesicilian: 10:30am On Sep 13, 2020
The reason it's so hard to believe is because there's usually no evidence, just word of mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by Ayebagbalinyo365: 10:31am On Sep 13, 2020
thesicilian:
The reason it's so hard to believe is because there's usually no evidence, just word of mouth.
you are very right

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by illicit(m): 11:27am On Sep 13, 2020
I think it is hallucinations

1 Like

Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by Kobojunkie: 9:48pm On Nov 03, 2020
Ayebagbalinyo365:
Do you believed that people died and visit Heaven and Hell and came back to life with warning from God?
This is particular Question has been disturbing my mind since I came across a story about "Lazarus and the Rich Man" in the Holy Bible.
from that story I learnt that there are still Prophets of God in the world who tell us what God has for us a warning or other things
read the story below:
Luke 16:19-24,27-31 KJV
There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: [20] And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, [21] And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. [22] And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; [23] And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. [24] And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. [27] Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: [28] For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. [29] Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. [30] And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. [31] And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
Very interesting story indeed!
Ayebagbalinyo365:
From the above Holy Bible verses you will see where Abraham said that :there are prophets that the people should hear from them,if the people don't hear from the Prophets they will equally not hear Larazus (a man who will come to life from death to give warning to the people)
This give me a strong belief that people don't die and visit Heaven and Hell to give people warning from God.
The Holy Bible is the word of God and it contain all the warnings from God and it is the right guide of life.
what is your understanding from the above story?
According to Jesus Christ, Heaven and Hell will not be open for Business until after His return. When Jesus Christ returns, those believers qualified for Heaven will enter into it, and the believers who refused to obey Him will have Hell to contend with for eternity. Until then, all those who received eternal life through Jesus Christ will, when their time on earth expires, sleep, waiting for His return.
This is as documented in the many teachings, and parables told by Jesus Christ to His followers. So anyone who comes to you with a tale about dying and visiting Heaven(or Hell) afterwards where he/she may have seen people or loved ones, is most likely a talebearer or a religious nutjob.
Heaven and Hell remain empty of souls until the end. grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by haddeylium(m): 10:38pm On Nov 03, 2020
Kobojunkie:
According to Jesus Christ, Heaven and Hell will not be open for Business until after His return. When Jesus Christ returns, those believers qualified for Heaven will enter into it, and the believers who refused to obey Him will have Hell to contend with for eternity. Until then, all those who received eternal life through Jesus Christ will, when their time on earth expires, sleep, waiting for His return.
This is as documented in the many teachings, and parables told by Jesus Christ to His followers. So anyone who comes to you with a tale about dying and visiting Heaven(or Hell) afterwards where he/she may have seen people or loved ones, is most likely a talebearer or a religious nutjob.

I observe that you don't seems to be the gullible type that swallow whatever .
You don't substitute stories for Bible teaching.

I'll employ you to channel the same energy into knowing the difference between Hell and Hellfire
Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by Kobojunkie: 10:40pm On Nov 03, 2020
haddeylium:
I observe that you don't seems to be the gullible type that swallow whatever .
You don't substitute stories for Bible teaching.
I'll employ you to channel the same energy into knowing the difference between Hell and Hellfire
What does it bloody hell matter what you assume to be the difference between hell and hellfire is? undecided
Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by haddeylium(m): 10:47pm On Nov 03, 2020
Kobojunkie:
What does it bloody hell matter what you assume to be the difference between hell and hellfire is? undecided

Oh! ...Your discovery might surprise.

Hell in the bible is a common grave of mankind and not a fiery place of torment. Hellfire doesn't appear in the Bible

In his pain, Job prayed to God to be protected there.
Jesus went there too in his death.

You dig?
Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by Kobojunkie: 10:56pm On Nov 03, 2020
haddeylium:
Oh! ...Your discovery might surprise.
Hell in the bible is a common grave of mankind and not a fiery place of torment. Hellfire doesn't appear in the Bible
In his pain, Job prayed to God to be protected there.
Jesus went there too in his death.
You dig?
Oh, I see, you are one of those who bob-and-weave around the very truth as declared by Jesus Christ Himself? Well, good luck with your assumptions there.
Might I suggest that instead of coming on here to regurgitate what your so-called men of god, whatever you call the ones you have set over your life there, tell you, you take your own advice and in fact open and read each book, beginning with the gospels, from beginning to end, for yourself and using the understanding you were given from birth so that God Himself can give you more where you need it - Become like a Child so Jesus Christ HImself can become your one and only Teacher. That is the only way of ridding yourself of all those lies and delusions that sit against the very words of Jesus Christ Himself.
Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by haddeylium(m): 11:28pm On Nov 03, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Oh, I see, you are one of those who bob-and-weave around the very truth as declared by Jesus Christ Himself? Well, good luck with your assumptions there.
Might I suggest that instead of coming on here to regurgitate what your so-called men of god, whatever you call the ones you have set over your life there, tell you, you take your own advice and in fact open and read each book, beginning with the gospels, from beginning to end, for yourself and using the understanding you were given from birth so that God Himself can give you more where you need it - Become like a Child so Jesus Christ HImself can become your one and only Teacher. That is the only way of ridding yourself of all those lies and delusions that sit against the very words of Jesus Christ Himself.

You're not alone. Many others too have zeal for God but not according to accurate knowledge.” (Rom. 10:1, 2)
learning from Jewish misdirected zeal, to receive the real righteousness that comes from God. it would be beneficial to bring your teaching and thought to be in line with what the Bible REALLY teaches.

"A fiery place of torment" is a God's dishonouring doctrine. It slander God's name known to be a "loving father" .
It originate from Devil (slanderer) which Jesus called the "father of lie"

How open-minded would you be to observe the details carefully?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by Kobojunkie: 11:39pm On Nov 03, 2020
haddeylium:

You're not alone. Many others too have zeal for God but not according to accurate knowledge.” (Rom. 10:1, 2)
learning from Jewish misdirected zeal, to receive the real righteousness that comes from God. it would be beneficial to bring your teaching and thought to be in line with what the Bible REALLY teaches.

"A fiery place of torment" is a God's dishonouring doctrine. It slander God's name known to be a "loving father" .
It originate from Devil (slanderer) which Jesus called the "father of lie"

How open-minded would you be to observe the details carefully?
um.. Jesus Christ's teachings are found in the gospels and not the book of Romans. If you are not willing to learn from the teachings according to the word of God Himself, what makes you think that anything you know has any bearing as far as the Truth of God Himself?

Go back and read the Gospels to gain a better understanding of what Jesus Christ in fact taught to all those who will believe in Him - teaching that has been before man for the past 2000 years.
Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by haddeylium(m): 12:08am On Nov 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:
um.. Jesus Christ's teachings are found in the gospels and not the book of Romans. If you are not willing to learn from the teachings according to the word of God Himself, what makes you think that anything you know has any bearing as far as the Truth of God Himself?

Go back and read the Gospels to gain a better understanding of what Jesus Christ in fact taught to all those who will believe in Him - teaching that has been before man for the past 2000 years.

Oh! that's a gross misconception.
Gospel means Goodnews in today's English
The theme is based on the " Gospel of God's kingdom"” (Mt 4:23) . The content of this Goodnews started from the promises God's made to Abraham.
Since Jesus fulfilled let's focus on him.
In his walks on Earth, he only focus the Gospel to the Jews (Matt 15:24).
After his resurrection, he commanded his disciples to preach that Gospel to the most distant part of the earth (Matt 28:18,19: Act 1:cool . That's what makes you possible for you and I to benefit from the goodness set forth by Jesus disciples following the directions of the holyspirit that descended on them.

Ac 15:7-..., Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

not the book of Romans
2 Tim. 3:16, 17: “All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.”

Are you familiar with that verses?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by Kobojunkie: 12:15am On Nov 04, 2020
haddeylium:

Oh! that's a gross misconception.
Gospel means Goodnews in today's English
The theme is based on the " Gospel of God's kingdom"” (Mt 4:23) . The content of this Goodnews started from the promises God's made to Abraham.
Since Jesus fulfilled let's focus on him.
In his walks on Earth, he only focus the Gospel to the Jews (Matt 15:24).
After his resurrection, he commanded his disciples to preach that Gospel to the most distant part of the earth (Matt 28:18,19: Act 1:cool . That's what makes you possible for you and I to benefit from the goodness set forth by Jesus disciples following the directions of the holyspirit that descended on them.

Ac 15:7-..., Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

2 Tim. 3:16, 17: “All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.”

Are you familiar with that verses?
Like I said, go read your Gospels to learn exactly what Jesus Christ taught in order to have a solid background by which you are then able to validate all other opinions by. As far as the New Covenant is concerned, The Truth of God is Jesus Christ... The Word of God is Jesus Christ... Anything that stands counter is not of Him but of man.
Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by haddeylium(m): 12:40am On Nov 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Like I said, go read your Gospels to learn exactly what Jesus Christ taught in order to have a solid background by which you are then able to validate all other opinions by. As far as the New Covenant is concerned, The Truth of God is Jesus Christ... The Word of God is Jesus Christ... Anything that stands counter is not of Him but of man.

John8:28 Jesus then said: “After you have lifted up the Son of man, [b]then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing of my own initiative; but just as the Father taught me, I speak[/b]these things.

What you don't understand is that, Jesus teaching his not his own but that of his Father 'Jehovah' that inspired the Bible as a whole for 'Teaching'.
Jehovah taught Jesus the teaching and inturn he gave instructions to his followers to fulfill their gospel ministry.
You wouldn't want to reject God's word through Jesus right?

That they could say no iota of words in the scriptures is by Man's will or interpretation but as it was directed by God's holyspirit they've written.(2 pet 1:20,21)
Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by Kobojunkie: 12:45am On Nov 04, 2020
haddeylium:

John8:28 Jesus then said: “After you have lifted up the Son of man, [b]then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing of my own initiative; but just as the Father taught me, I speak[/b]these things.

What you don't understand is that, Jesus teaching his not his own but that of his Father 'Jehovah' that inspired the Bible as a whole for 'Teaching'.
Jehovah taught Jesus the teaching and inturn he gave instructions to his followers to fulfill their gospel ministry.
You wouldn't want to reject God's word through Jesus right?

That they could say no iota of words in the scriptures is by Man's will or interpretation but as it was directed by God's holyspirit they've written.(2 pet 1:20,21)
Again, if you want to know the teachings of the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ, first focus on understanding the teachings of Jesus Christ in the gospels so you gain a solid background on the Truth of God, against which you can validate every other claim and opinion there is out there. When you understand His truth, then you realize why the opinions of even the men you have set up as leaders over your soul mean absolutely nothing as far as the Truth of God is concerned.
Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by haddeylium(m): 12:47am On Nov 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I won't lie to you . I commend your zealousness. You seems to be open-minded in most cases.
But, let me give you a tip that might help.
First, know this that the Bible is in Harmony throughout as it was inspired by God.
One of the key to understanding the Bible is making sure all part agree with another. when you're face with cases you might termed as being contradictory: that's an indication that more knowledge is needed.
Another is being open-minded which to my best believe you have already. And making sure to adjusting whatsoever teaching to be in line with the scriptures

Shalom
Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by haddeylium(m): 12:51am On Nov 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Again, if you want to know the teachings of the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ, first focus on understanding the teachings of Jesus Christ in the gospels so you gain a solid background on the Truth of God, against which you can validate every other claim and opinion there is out there. When you understand His truth, then you realize why the opinions of even the men you have set up as leaders over your soul mean absolutely nothing as far as the Truth of God is concerned.

Have you ever wondered sometimes why people accuse you of being a Jehovah's witness?
Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by Kobojunkie: 1:02am On Nov 04, 2020
haddeylium:
Have you ever wondered sometimes why people accuse you of being a Jehovah's witness?
No one has ever really accused me of being a Jehovah's witness except some ignorant and indoctrinated Nigerians, and the reason is simply that many of them were raised believing that anyone who claimed to be of Christ, but did not spew the same gobble-de-gook as their so-called pastors had loaded them up with, is likely a Jehovah's Witness.

That said, if you were to reason clearly, you would note that Jehovah's witnesses don't believe in the letter of the law as exactly defined by Jesus Christ, which I do. And unlike me, they do not, in fact, believe in Jesus Christ's teaching that there is indeed a Hell for those who believe in HIm but refuse to obey His commandments as stipulated in the New Covenant agreement that He embodies. I could go on, but I fail to see why you would want to keep deviating from the subject of this thread here. undecided
Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by haddeylium(m): 1:22am On Nov 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:
No one has ever really accused me of being a Jehovah's witness except some ignorant and indoctrinated Nigerians, and the reason is simply that many of them were raised believing that anyone who claimed to be of Christ, but did not spew the same gobble-de-gook as their so-called pastors had loaded them up with, is likely a Jehovah's Witness
Exactly!
You said it all.
Any non-gullible individual is attributed to being a Jehovah's witness. That should get you an idea of who they are.

That said, if you were to reason clearly, you would note that Jehovah's witnesses don't believe in the letter of the law as exactly defined by Jesus Christ, which I do. And unlike me, they do not, in fact, believe in Jesus Christ's teaching that there is indeed a Hell for those who believe in HIm but refuse to obey His commandments as stipulated in the New Covenant agreement that He embodies
While I won't disagree about some misinformed information you have about them.
Know that they wholly believe in Jesus' word that says
"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6)
They know that excercising faith in him will give anyone everlasting life.
Else, they won't heed dearly to his command about preaching the gospel of God's kingdom which they known for.

I could go on, but I fail to see why you would want to keep deviating from the subject of this thread here. undecided
Much better when we focus on the topic of the thread. But, you tapped out of it first
Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by Kobojunkie: 1:38am On Nov 04, 2020
haddeylium:
Exactly!
You said it all.
Any non-gullible individual is attributed to being a Jehovah's witness. That should get you an idea of who they are.
While I won't disagree about some misinformed information you have about them.
Know that they wholly believe in Jesus' word that says
"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6)
They know that excercising faith in him will give anyone everlasting life.
Else, they won't heed dearly to his command about preaching the gospel of God's kingdom which they known for.
LOL... saying "I believe in Jesus Christ" does not mean one does in fact believe in Him. Look around you -- 100s of millions claim to believe in those exact verse from John 14 vs 6 as well, yet they remain puppets under different Masters called pastors/GOs/Popes/GBs etc. Like Jesus Christ Himself said, "By their fruits, you shall know them", and no, Jesus Christ was not speaking of some list of emotional and behavioural markers some refer to as the "fruits of the Spirit".

JWs like other denominations believe in other that which they can rationalize and fit around their own doctrine. It is as simple as that - just another religious group pretending to belong to Jesus Christ, when in fact what they cling to are doctrines and traditions cooked up by men to control their fellow men in the name of God.

Anywhoo.
Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:38am On Nov 04, 2020
NO!
I disagree with you that people just lie to prove their point.
The brain cells is the last body cells that die after all other cells have died, so it takes longer time for the brain cells to die, don't forget that it's inside this same brains that dreams are stored meaning most things we think of usually comes back to our brains and we will feel like it's happening for real. When the heart stops functioning the person is said to be dead clinically, this mean such a person is dead based on the condition but he/she could be revived if something is done quickly to reactivate the heart.
So most people who often claims they visited heaven/hell only had dreams (based on what they've been taught by their respective religions) if they're clinically dead and later revived, surely those around will tell them what they've concluded and the revived will also relate his dreams, that's what happens most times.
However there are some religious fraudsters who also deceive people with stage-managed dramas where some are actually paid to tell lies, but whenever you come in contact with people who actually died clinically and were revived, it's in their dreams that they saw what they're thinking in their brains!

ggirl4real:

No.
Christians who are religious extremists can go to any length to prove their points even if it means lieing.
Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by obonujoker(m): 4:18am On Nov 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Hmmm... We have many Bible twisters though who never follow what Jesus said, but always what about their own interpretation!
Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by Kobojunkie: 4:26am On Nov 04, 2020
obonujoker:
Hmmm... We have many Bible twisters though who never follow what Jesus said, but always what about their own interpretation!
The thing tire person ooo! undecided
I don't even think so-called Christians today even bother to read up on the actual teachings of Jesus Christ as written in the gospels anymore. They can quote and recite verses (not passages) from the letters of Paul and the book of Revelations, but ask them what Jesus Christ said on a topic, and you get hogwash as downloaded from the mouths of their pastors. undecided
The one's wey sharp small go do a quick google search to find a verse or two from the gospels, go either quote Paul, tell you say na Jesus Christ talk am. undecided

1 Like

Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by obonujoker(m): 4:27am On Nov 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:
The thing tire person ooo! undecided
I don't even think so-called Christians today even bother to read up on the actual teachings of Jesus Christ as written in the gospels anymore. They can quote and recite verses (not passages) from the letters of Paul and the book of Revelations, but ask them what Jesus Christ said on a topic, and you get hogwash as downloaded from the mouths of their pastors. undecided

And they've messed up.a lot of things... Also about topics like tithing, Rapture and tribulation, marriage etc
Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by haddeylium(m): 8:55am On Nov 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:
LOL... saying "I believe in Jesus Christ" does not mean one does in fact believe in Him. Look around you -- 100s of millions claim to believe in those exact verse from John 14 vs 6 as well, yet they remain puppets under different Masters callepastors/GOs/Popes/GBs etc. Like Jesus Christ Himself said, "By their fruits, you shall know them", and no, Jesus Christ was not speaking of some list of emotional and behavioural markers some refer to as the "fruits of the Spirit".
I agree with you that mere believing in Jesus existence is not enough. Even Demons too believe he's God's son. But, do you notice the part I quoted "Exercising Faith in him"? . Jws show that their love is thorough by following his command.
Jesus main topic in his earthly ministry is to preach about the Gospel of God's kingdom. Who are those doing this work extensively today?

JWs like other denominations believe in other that which they can rationalize and fit around their own doctrine It is as simple as that - just another religious group pretending to belong to Jesus Christ, when in fact what they cling to are doctrines and traditions cooked up by men to control their fellow men in the name of God

Have you ever consider a possibility of being wrong.
That bolden words is a misconception. I want to assure you that we haven't. in contrast when we discovered that our beliefs were not completely in line with the Bible. We changed our belief.
Are you undogmatic as them too?
Would Change your belief if you discover it ain't in line with what the Bible teaches?

Begins with; What is the penalty for sin?
Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by Kobojunkiee: 7:18pm On Nov 04, 2020
haddeylium:
I agree with you that mere believing in Jesus existence is not enough. Even Demons too believe he's God's son. But, do you notice the part I quoted "Exercising Faith in him"? . Jws show that their love is thorough by following his command.
Jesus main topic in his earthly ministry is to preach about the Gospel of God's kingdom. Who are those doing this work extensively today?
So long as the doctrines and traditions of men are involved, their worship is in vain, and the power of God is made null by their attachments to men. I didn't make this up.... Jesus Christ said it.

Mark 7 vs 1-13 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Now when the Pharisees gathered to him, with some of the scribes who had come from Jerusalem,
2. they saw that some of his disciples ate with hands that were defiled, that is, unwashed.
3. (For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they wash their hands properly,[a] holding to the tradition of the elders,
4. and when they come from the marketplace, they do not eat unless they wash. And there are many other traditions that they observe, such as the washing of cups and pots and copper vessels and dining couches.[c])
[b] 5.
And the Pharisees and the scribes asked him, “Why do your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat with defiled hands?”
6. And he said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written,
“‘This people honors me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me;

7. in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’

8. You leave the commandment of God and hold to the (doctrines and rules)** tradition of men.”
9. And he said to them, “You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!
10. For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’
11. But you say, ‘If a man tells his father or his mother, “Whatever you would have gained from me is Corban”’ (that is, given to God)[d]—
12. then you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or mother,
13. thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And many such things you do.”
** substituted from another Bible translation for better understanding of what is impacted
haddeylium:
Have you ever consider a possibility of being wrong.
Oh, I am never right... but I trust God.. He is never wrong.
haddeylium:
That bolden words is a misconception. I want to assure you that we haven't. in contrast when we discovered that our beliefs were not completely in line with the Bible. We changed our belief.
See, when you are on the inside looking out, everything in there tends to look golden. But from where I sit, on the outside looking in, where you sit is no different from where the others who you look down on, do.
When it comes to man's doctrines, it is the same way it has been from even before the days of Jesus Christ. I am talking of the time of the Pharisees, and Teachers of the Law. Rather than following the Laws of God exactly as laid down by God Himself, men decided to create doctrines around which they wrapped the commandments that fit, bending the Laws of God to suit their base model, their ideas.
Hop from one denomination to the other, and you find it is exactly the same thing going on, God being wrapped around to fit man's ideas. Your beliefs/ideas are no different. They are many of them extrabiblical and you have thrown aside so many of God's commands in other to try to fit them in.
haddeylium:
Are you undogmatic as them too?
Would Change your belief if you discover it ain't in line with what the Bible teaches?
Do you know what it means to become like a Child in your thinking? Did you know this is a requirement for anyone who wishes to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven?
Do you also know that God declared it, and then Jesus Christ upheld it in His New Covenant that He and only He alone will be Teacher to all those who belong to His flock? undecided
haddeylium:
Begins with; What is the penalty for sin?
The same penalty set by God from the beginning from before Man fell? undecided
Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by haddeylium(m): 10:01pm On Nov 04, 2020
Kobojunkiee:

While it is true that religious leaders today form variety of man-made doctrines, mislead people and corrupt true worship for their own interest.
So, If this take you by surprise, then you've not been following Jesus' words closely cos' he prophesied it. In conclusion he said "He will reject them" (Matthew 7:​21-​23; )
However, the Bible show that there's just Only one form of true christainity.
Even though there are different religious group in Jesus' day claiming to be worshipping Jesus' God. He claimed his group is the only one that has the truth. Even though people are looking at them as fool, These early christains refer to their religion as "The Truth" -(Meaning it can't be find anywhere else)
(John 8:​32; 2 Peter 2:2; 2 John 4; 3 John 3)
The question is "How do we recognize the true worshippers today?". Is their beliefs in line with what the Bible teaches?
Don't answer the question.

Would you consider this question.
Would you recognize Jesus as the messaih if it happens you were alive in his days?
Would you have wanted to associate with his group?

The same penalty set by God from the beginning from before Man fell? undecided
Yes!
And where are Adam and Eve?

You quoted Isaiah wink. I was wrong, thought you didn't in the whole Bible as God's word
Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by Kobojunkiee: 10:15pm On Nov 04, 2020
haddeylium:

While it is true that religious leaders today form variety of man-made doctrines, mislead people and corrupt true worship for their own interest.
So, If this take you by surprise, then you've not been following Jesus' words closely cos' he prophesied it. In conclusion he said "He will reject them" (Matthew 7:​21-​23; )
However, the Bible show that there's just Only one form of true christainity.
Even though there are different religious group in Jesus' day claiming to be worshipping Jesus' God. He claimed his group is the only one that has the truth. Even though people are looking at them as fool, These early christains refer to their religion as "The Truth" -(Meaning it can't be find anywhere else)
(John 8:​32; 2 Peter 2:2; 2 John 4; 3 John 3)
Huh? undecided
Jesus Christ NEVER claimed that "His group" was the only one that had the truth. No, He, Jesus Christ, was the Truth of God. He, and He alone - not His group, or any other person out there- He alone is the Truth, every Word out of God's mouth is Jesus Christ. And according to Him, Jesus Christ, anyone who did the Will of His Father, belongs in His Family. He was not about "groups", He was primarily about obedience to the Will of God. That is all that really matters at the end of the day, not your group or your clan... it is all meaninglessness if you, not the group you attach yourself to, do not obey the commandments of God in doing the work that God has prepared for you(again not some group) to do while you are here on earth.
haddeylium:
The question is "How do we recognize the true worshippers today?". Is their beliefs in line with what the Bible teaches?
Don't answer the question.
Would you consider this question.
Would you recognize Jesus as the messaih if it happens you were alive in his days?
Yes!
haddeylium:
Would you have wanted to associate with his group?
When He preached He did not call for those who want to be saved to have to join His group, so no!
haddeylium:
Yes!
And where are Adam and Eve?
You quoted Isaiah wink. I was wrong, thought you didn't in the whole Bible as God's word
undecided You probably want to go back back to my response to the OP where I already explained much on the subject you are trying to broach there.
This here thread No Better than Athiests is another place where I posted comments as concerns what happens after death.
Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by haddeylium(m): 10:54pm On Nov 04, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
Huh? undecided
Jesus Christ NEVER claimed that "His group" was the only one that had the truth. No, He, Jesus Christ, was the Truth of God. He, and He alone - not His group, or any other person out there- He alone is the Truth, every Word out of God's mouth is Jesus Christ. And according to Him, Jesus Christ, anyone who did the Will of His Father, belongs in His Family. He was not about "groups", He was primarily about obedience to the Will of God. That is all that really matters at the end of the day, not your group or your clan... it is all meaninglessness if you, not the group you attach yourself to, do not obey the commandments of God in doing the work that God has prepared for you(again not some group) to do while you are here on earth
When I quote 'group', I mean an organization.
When Jesus was training the early disciples for the preaching of the Gospel of God's kingdom, he collected them together, he trained them and organized them in an sent them out in an organized manner. He didn't send them scattered about preaching whatever they want or wherever.

He didn't say his true followers will be scattered about; He said those listening to his voice will become one flocks(John 10:16)
That he assigned his Apostle to continuing shepherdering his flock. (Read John 21:1, 2, 15-17)
Yes!
Good!
What would be the basis for your belief in him?

When He preached He did not call for those who want to be saved to have to join His group, so no!
Study Bible
Hebrews 10:24, 25- And let us consider one another so as to incite to love and fine works,25not forsaking our meeting together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you see the day drawing near
Are you familiar with this God's word?

undecided You probably want to go back back to my response to the OP where I already explained much on the subject you are trying to broach there.
This here thread No Better than Athiests is another place where I posted comments as concerns what happens after death.
Can you paraphrase it briefly in our line here?
if you can't.. ignore it!
Re: Do You Believed That People Died And Visit Heaven And Hell by Kobojunkiee: 11:13pm On Nov 04, 2020
haddeylium:
When I quote 'group', I mean an organization.
When Jesus was training the early disciples for the preaching of the Gospel of God's kingdom, he collected them together, he trained them and organized them in an sent them out in an organized manner. He didn't send them scattered about preaching whatever they want or wherever.

He didn't say his true followers will be scattered about; He said those listening to his voice will become one flocks(John 10:16)
That he assigned his Apostle to continuing shepherdering his flock. (Read John 21:1, 2, 15-17)
Since Jesus Christ did not command His followers to form a troup, nor did He command them against it, I don't see any point to whether a scattered approach is better than an organized approach. It is meaningless to engage in such when He never set any rules regarding either. That which He commanded is what I choose to follow so I do not miss out on what is most important, which is obeying His commandments and the Will of God as a result.
haddeylium:
Good!
What would be the basis for your belief in him?
Simple, He offers me a more plausible explaination as regards the reason and meaning for my existence.
haddeylium:
Study Bible
Hebrews 10:24, 25- And let us consider one another so as to incite to love and fine works,25not forsaking our meeting together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you see the day drawing near
Are you familiar with this God's word?
That is not the Word of God! Instead, what you have there is Paul's submission, opinion, as regards an issue that took place during the time of the first Christians. That one verse(used outside of the original context) has been used to countless millions into submitting to religious control by their fellow men. Jesus Christ never said anything about meeting together not even for anything.
haddeylium:

Can you paraphrase it briefly in our line here?
if you can't.. ignore it!
If you don't want to read it, then don't worry about it. Just wanted to let you know I have already answered that same question several times in the last week.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Wet Dreams Scientific Or Spiritual / Who Are Those That Will Reign With Christ For 1000 Years? / My School Taught That Mother Teresa Was A Wonderfull Person. And I Believed Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.