Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,096 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani (5531 Views)

Here Is What Lord Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo / Presidential Tribunal : My Father Told Me Atiku Is Born Nigerian- Pdp’s Witness / What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by sirjamesjnr(m): 7:34pm On Sep 18, 2020
AniOmaa:

When you say you're a Niger Deltan, can you be more specific about your tribe? Niger delta is a geographical expression and enclave, and not a homogenous ethnic nationality. I'm a proud Igbo man from Okpanam even though I fall under the Anioma cultural nomenclature, get my point now? so don't be vague about your identity, which part of the Niger delta are you from?
. So you get a hard on right? Agree or disagree with facts. That is my interest.
Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by AniOmaa: 7:36pm On Sep 18, 2020
sirjamesjnr:
. So you get a hard on right? Agree or disagree with facts. That is my interest.
I don't have the time for your driftless drivels, are you going to answer my question or not?

1 Like

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by AustineJohn908(m): 7:49pm On Sep 18, 2020
Op, in a way you are both right and wrong....Right being that an Igbo Christan family will not accept one of theirs converting to Islam. but it also goes for the SS too. people that are from Christain homes in the SS won't allow anyone of theirs convert.
But the difference between the Igbos and the Northerners is that the igbo won't kill or try to kill that person for converting unlike the north.
they will only generally stop associating with that person and I think that is better than killing someone cause he changed his religion.

To me, the north is more religiously intolerant cause even a little problem that happens in Faraway middle East can cause the killing of hundred of Christains in the north.
In the north, talk bad against Muhammad and ur head will be in the chopping block..
but go to the East where they are largely Christains and castigated Jesus Christ or Catholics or anything and they won't even lift a finger to harm you. but I can swear and stake my life that you will be killed in the north.
We have different instances of that. have you forgotten that evangelist woman in Abuja that was killed just a few years ago by Muslims.
have you forgotten hundredth of Christains in the north that was killed just cause someone drew a picture of Muhammad in far way Europe?

To cap it all, the igbo intolerance of religion is just a small thing compared to the north.

By the way you might be from Rivers and many of the Ikwerres there do not suscribe to being igbo but have also seen many more from Rivers State.. etches, Ikwerres etc who proudly say they're Igbos and we that I think that the Igbos don't just have 5 states. if Nigeria should divide today, those in Delta, Rivers, benue etc will vote weather to follow the 5 igbo states or not, and you know what I think?,- I think they will rather go with BIAFRA than stay with Nigeria. who wouldn't?.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by AustineJohn908(m): 7:51pm On Sep 18, 2020
Op, in a way you are both right and wrong....Right being that an Igbo Christan family will not accept one of theirs converting to Islam. but it also goes for the SS too. people that are from Christain homes in the SS won't allow anyone of theirs convert.
But the difference between the Igbos and the Northerners is that the igbo won't kill or try to kill that person for converting unlike the north,
they will only generally stop associating with that person and I think that is better than killing someone cause he changed his religion.

To me, the north is more religiously intolerant cause even a little problem that happens in Faraway middle East can cause the killing of hundred of Christains in the north.
In the north, talk bad against Muhammad and ur head will be in the chopping block..
but go to the East where they are largely Christains and castigate Jesus Christ or Catholics or anything and they won't even lift a finger to harm you, but I can swear and stake my life that you will be killed in the north.
We have different instances of that, have you forgotten that evangelist woman in Abuja that was killed just a few years ago by Muslims.
have you forgotten hundredth of Christains in the north that was killed just cause someone drew a picture of Muhammad in far way Europe?

To cap it all, the igbo intolerance of religion is just a small thing compared to the north.

By the way you might be from Rivers and many of the Ikwerres there do not suscribe to being igbo but have also seen many more from Rivers State.. etches, Ikwerres etc who proudly say they're Igbos and we that I think that the Igbos don't just have 5 states. if Nigeria should divide today, those in Delta, Rivers, benue etc will vote weather to follow the 5 igbo states or not, and you know what I think?,- I think they will rather go with BIAFRA than stay with Nigeria. who wouldn't?.

3 Likes

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by Muna4real(f): 7:56pm On Sep 18, 2020
ajailer:
This write up just hits the nail on the head in regards to each tribe towards religion. The igbos are the most intolerant in terms of religion, hardly will you see a Muslim Igbo but with other tribes, a mix of the religion is common in many families. Above all, the Yorubas are the most tolerant towards religion in Nigeria.

Hia ohh chim! So because you can hardly find a Muslim igbo, then you assume that igbos are religiously intolerant? Wow! Is it by force to be Muslim? It's not our fault that the Muslim society has dented their image especially in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by Muna4real(f): 8:03pm On Sep 18, 2020
DCmonster:
God punish you and that your mutherfucking father. May devil suck you both balls.

Igbo matter will kill you and your fellow ewedu gobbling morons and head slammers.

grin grin grin

You got me rolling on the floor grin grin

1 Like

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by Starboytwo(m): 8:14pm On Sep 18, 2020
Abeg make nobody mention yoruba or ewedu or afonja abeg... This match is strictly between ipod and arewa.... Afonjas aint no interested...
Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by ThatFairGuy1: 8:18pm On Sep 18, 2020
DCmonster:
God punish you and that your mutherfucking father. May devil suck you both balls.

Igbo matter will kill you and your fellow ewedu gobbling morons and head slammers.
This is what OP just said.
Why always Ndi Igbo
Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by ThatFairGuy1: 8:22pm On Sep 18, 2020
Ikeast:
Op if you want to worship Allah, you can face the North or better-still stay in S.W..

We don't want anything like Islam in the East .........
Imagine in a secular State. Is this different from extremism(terrorism)?
Is this how you all we govern your own Biafra?

2 Likes

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by DCmonster: 9:09pm On Sep 18, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Why always Ndi Igbo
kindly Bleep off!!! undecided

Ndi Igbo kill you and your folks there.
Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by Marine54(m): 9:41pm On Sep 18, 2020
sirjamesjnr:
. Go back to the East. Let your leaders resign from Nigerian Government, redraw your map excluding Niger Delta then we can talk about separation. Until then come to the table with maturity let talk about Nationhood.
So you want kill us and collect our oil Abi ! Leave Niger Delta alone and face your North where killing of innocent has become norm..

1 Like

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by Kennyswag: 10:25pm On Sep 18, 2020
DCmonster:
kindly Bleep off!!! undecided

Ndi Igbo kill you and your folks there.
shutup and stop ranting like a deranged fellow.. face the op and stop barking like a dog..
Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by slivertongue: 11:19pm On Sep 18, 2020
. I think Igbos are more religiously intolerant? diversion

1 Like

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by slivertongue: 11:22pm On Sep 18, 2020
The Hausas are also not very ambitious (at least not as dangerously ambitious as the Igbos).

another diversion

2 Likes

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by slivertongue: 11:27pm On Sep 18, 2020
the Northerner is wont to have a repugnant view of certain widely accepted standards and is not shy to pick up a sword if need be".

u are wrong here. animist and Christians ain't the picture u painted above. the Hausa Muslims not northerners pick up sword on flimsy excuses

1 Like

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by slivertongue: 11:33pm On Sep 18, 2020
Muna4real:

Hia ohh chim! So because you can hardly find a Muslim igbo, then you assume that igbos are religiously intolerant? Wow! Is it by force to be Muslim? It's not our fault that the Muslim society has dented their image especially in Nigeria.

if this writeup were to be a proposal or an abstract for a research work..hmmm the premise, observation
and conclusion don't add up.
Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by BeardedMeat(m): 11:38pm On Sep 18, 2020
sirjamesjnr:
. Bros you got to be calming down oooo better days ahead of you.
That's if you terrorist don't blow the zoo up by then.
Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by BeardedMeat(m): 11:41pm On Sep 18, 2020
Arrewa:
refute him with facts and stop being emotional
Another deluded MF.
Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by BeardedMeat(m): 11:43pm On Sep 18, 2020
Arrewa:
if you like insult from now till tomorrow.

I go continue dey hit una head with facts and will continue dey counter una lies
The daily bloodshed in the north should be enough headache for you but whossai

1 Like

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by BeardedMeat(m): 11:47pm On Sep 18, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Why always Ndi Igbo
Go and masturbate on your Islamic threads where you concieve the next terrorist attack.

3 Likes

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by shedrach8(m): 11:57pm On Sep 18, 2020
although your post consist of fact and details that can not be denied,but you should know, the unity that exist in north was because the Christians and other minor tribe have choose to forgive the violence wage against them,if the two have choose to be violence north would have no longer be at ease,the hausas are baberic, and the marginalization of Christians and other tribe is still going on today,the kill in southern kaduna is a prove of hausa Fulani intolerant and quest to conquer the Christian dominated territory,
we are not blind and will not watch some one painting this picture with fair colour
is there a any form of crime against humanity worse than the killing and terrorism which were all carried out by hausa fulanist in north?

4 Likes

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by slivertongue: 12:03am On Sep 19, 2020
Arrewa:
Let me still make this clear!

The power the north posses is unity in diversity!

Do you know that we have More than 500 tribes in the north?? Yes we have over 500 tribes in the north.

Most of you think the north is about Hausafulani.

Hausa is a General language in the north.

Arewa is our identity...

We have thousands of Christians in the north!

The north is not all about Islam!

The Hausa Christians worship their God... Whitout insulting Islam.

Muslims in the north worship Allah whitout insulting Christianity.

There is a mutual respect and understanding.

That's why you will never hear of Hausafulani Christians fighting.

The fight is always between the Igbos and the north.

The north is more tolerant than the east.

We don't care about what you worship.

Just respect yourself...

But in the east... An igbo Muslim is just like an endangered animal.

When it comes to hatred and bigotry... Leave am for Easterners!

If you come to the north... You'll hardly differentiate between, Hausa, Fulani, kanuri, zuru, Babur, and other tribes here

That's why they call northerners Abokkii in the east regardless of their tribe.

Another factor that is uniting the north is the hatred coming from the south.

When they want to condemn and insult Hausafulanis...

They will insult and Condem the whole north.

Any small thing... You'll hear northerners!

The north is united... And growing stronger than ever before!

The hatred is only making us stronger and conscious of our enemies

"
The north is not all about Islam!"
God bless u for this statement.

pls learn to get better info before u post. from what I know Islam never reached SE. anyone practising it learnt it from good Muslim neighbours unlike most who see Christians as pagans. Islam was forced on most northern polities and attempts are still made today on non Fulani polities. Southern Muslims are far more peaceful than their northern counterpart. The igbos u condemn elected a Muslim king in IMO State to lead them, in a community where the king makers and the people are all non Muslims. can this happen in kano , sokoto, kebbi etc where indigenous Christians are denied state scholarship and bursary.

point of correction! there are tens of millions of northerners who are Christian.

another point of correction is on conflicts in the north. leave southerners out of the ruptured inter group relations in northern Nigeria. the reason for the festering of crisis in the north is the misleading narratives like urs. from benue, to nasarawa, plateau to kaduna, Niger to zamfara, katsina to sokoto, Adamawa to taraba there are conflicts, and most if not all are tied to land and u are on Nairaland shifting the blame to innocent settlers. are Igbo's herdsmen?
our land will never get better if we accuse shekau of being an Igbo man or blame southerners for banditry. we must rise up and call a spade a spade. the hatred preached by some Islamic scholars is the bane of NW and NE. Central Nigeria tribal people of all religions.
Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by Muna4real(f): 1:39am On Sep 19, 2020
slivertongue:

if this writeup were to be a proposal or an abstract for a research work..hmmm the premise, observation
and conclusion don't add up.

Well unfortunately, it's neither a proposal nor an abstract. It's a reply to the stupid ideology of the quoted moniker.
Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by Yujin(m): 3:09am On Sep 19, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Imagine in a circular State. Is this different from extremism(terrorism)?
Is this how you all we govern your own Biafra?
We said "go to school" but you said you "preferred makarantan allo". See the result now. Is Nigeria a "circular state"? If yes, what's her diameter so we can calculate her circumference? I can see that you are pseudo 'boko is haram'. If Nigeria is a secular state, what is she doing in OIC? Secondly, why does she have provisions for sharia in her 'gifted constitution'?
We can see your problems clearly. You're so disturbed by your failure to make religious inroads into Igboland. Ndigbo are smart to see the danger it portends as exemplified in the damage it has done to the once peaceful Hausa people and would want nothing of it. Your poisoned chalice has lost its potency in AlaIgbo. Cry us a waterfall!
Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:48am On Sep 19, 2020
overall90:
igbos don suffer. grin

what your father told you about hausa- fulani and yet you still find a way to make it about igbos.
do you and your ignorant father know the meaning of intolerance?
that igbos are somehow a homogenous Christian group now makes them intolerance to other religion.
when did you hear about igbos rioting and beheading and parading the head in a spike of persons of other faith?
all these nonsenses because igbos have to share a country with idiot.s

Don't mind the bigot......trying to masquerade as 'fair and balanced intellectual'! All this rubbish he's telling us his fada told him always eventually comes back to showing his hatred and frustration at Ndigbo!

3 Likes

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by uBuNiT: 3:56am On Sep 19, 2020
Starboytwo:
Abeg make nobody mention yoruba or ewedu or afonja abeg... This match is strictly between ipod and arewa.... Afonjas aint no interested...

And if that ariwa guy is a yoruba make wetin happen to you ? Yoruba go dey cover face talk rubish on the stup:d forum.
Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by tifany89(m): 5:06am On Sep 19, 2020
sirjamesjnr:
. Oh but you can live in North and practice your faith? We are lying to our conscience
You sound so dumb that i am beginning to shiver. The Northeners living in the East, aren't they practicing their faith? Have you seen anybody preventing them from practicing their faith? Do you know the amount of churches that has been burned down in the North? why target churches if they are religious tolerant like you posited? Can you count the amount of religious violence that has occurred in the north? It's obvious you are just an attention seeker and instead of boldly airing your biased and ignorant views, you decided to expose your father to public ridicule. Smh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by tifany89(m): 5:11am On Sep 19, 2020
loveth360:
Then Speak for your tribe,there are many tribe here in south south.

As for me and my people,we will always be with our brothers in across the niger.

"We have endured a lot from Hausa-
Fulani"but all your post
is hatred towards Igbos,Who are you deceiving.

In fact Am Igbo from delta state.
lolz you can imagine this dumb ass. He has endured alot from Hausa Fulani, but ends up praising them while disparaging the Igbos and he says he is from Niger Delta. How can anyone in their right senses accuse Igbos of religious intolerance while praising Northerners lolz. Is this a joke?
These people don't they ever get tired

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu On Tinubu’s Success Path - Babajide Fadoju / Are South-Western Universities Populated By Fake Academics? / Fired Ministers ,Their State Of Origin & Reason(s) For Their Sack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.