Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani (5499 Views)

Here Is What Lord Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo / Presidential Tribunal : My Father Told Me Atiku Is Born Nigerian- Pdp’s Witness / What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by Commonsense99: 7:03am On Sep 19, 2020
grin grin
These Fulani Almajiri e rats again?
Guys stop arguing with these monikers, they are all operated by two people, each of them use various Eastern sounding names to insult their fathers...these are all Fulani wild animals.

There is no such word as Hausa/ Fulani, its either you are Hausa(Nigerian) or Fulani (from Futa jallon in Guinea).
Do not waste your energy arguing with foreigners, these are not Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by jude79(m): 7:09am On Sep 19, 2020
Arrewa:
should I also tell you how many innocent Nigerien migrants that were gruesomly murdered in the east in the name of of looking fur Hausafulani to kill?

Please for the sake of your soul, stop lying, remember, Nigeria, life, tribe money and wealth will pass away, but a lying soul will burn enternally, ever and ever just for supporting falsehood in this our short life we lose enternally.

1 Like

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by Commonsense99: 7:13am On Sep 19, 2020
jude79:

Please for the sake of your soul, stop lying, remember, Nigeria, life, tribe money and wealth will pass away, but a lying soul will burn enternally, ever and ever just for supporting falsehood in this our short life we lose enternally.
Save your energy bro, that guy is not a Nigerian, he is a Fulani boy from Guinea.
These urchins get their fix by insulting igbos on daily basis, on the day of reckoning, those Hausa's they are holding hostage with Islam will be the ones to Kick them out to Sahara where they come from.

1 Like

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by Ategberoson(m): 7:19am On Sep 19, 2020
Op is uninformed, in fact you just brought a disgrace to your P-MAN who you hide your outdate views of Nigeria historical religious

Hausa-fulani are united according to Arrewa then why the killing in North? why the bandits and Bokoharam? is that an affirmation of unity?

Arrewa and the OP, you people should always study words literally before using it because intolerance to nailed the Igbo on religion basis is a huge fallacy compare to Hausa-fulani that have murdered many people through riots and their blasphemy law.

Arrewa on the other side is known to be naive and empirical with his view and this made me see him as a political gladiator on Nairaland here. Arrewa it's a disgrace that you don't the meaning of Unity. a region, country, tribes that unite to protect themselves from all form of verbal war, physical war etc abeg what portrait Northeners with that with the killing everyday? which kind of foolish unity is that?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by fourboys: 7:20am On Sep 19, 2020
hmmmm... there was a time a priest in our church made an announcement on second offering, he said the offering was for hausas who want to be Catholic priest.. Everybody in the church started laffin.
Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by Bunsenbun(m): 7:30am On Sep 19, 2020
loveth360:
Why would a reasonable Igbo man be a muslim.

Is it not this same religion boko haram practise.

Igbos value human and will never serve god that demand him to kill for him.
so what god do you then serve?,don't tell me jehovah the one who sent his people to steal canaan.
Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by EduBrazil1991(m): 7:41am On Sep 19, 2020
What is really our offense?
Why is everybody against us..?
If you are an igbo man in Nigeria 2:0 already for you. The struggle for freedom continues. I won't give up neither will my people do.
]"Hausa-Fulani is a conjecture used to categorize the majority of Northern people. Let me say that is faulty and myopic. The North is not all Hausa-Fulani, neither are all Hausas and Fulanis muslims. There is a great Christian population in Kano, Jos, Katsina and Kaduna. Most times people regard the Northerners as being religiously intolerant. I think Igbos are more religiously intolerant. I have seen many Hausa and Fulanis Christians (and some are my friends) but I've seen just two Igbo Muslims (and these two are often given the treatment of lepers amidst other Igbos).

That said, I'd posit that the true accusation against the Northerners is religious inflexibility. A Northerner is not always willing to have a change of mind on religious issues. As a matter of fact, this is not only religiously. The Hausa-Fulani people are highly conservative, tending to latch on more tenaciously to beliefs and ideals once they have been internalized. And they are ready to put their lives on the line to preserve and protect those ideals because, well, what else is acceptable other than this perspective we have, they think. I'm not saying Northern conservatism is wrong. I'm saying that it often becomes the spur or the excuse for violent behavior as elicited often by the Hausa-Fulani person. Yes, there are educated Northerners who have developed some degree of flexibility and objectivity towards matters(and by educated, I mean having experienced Western education, which teaches one scientific enquiry). These educated ones, however, are in the minority. It seems almost like there is a conspiracy of some sort, where the oligarchs in the North prefer for their people to remain uneducated enough as to retain easy malleability and maneuverability.

The Hausas are also not very ambitious (at least not as dangerously ambitious as the Igbos). Most of them living in the South are pretty much satisfied living a nomad's life. They believe in simpler virtues such as hardwork, contentment and honesty. Fulanis, for their part, are ambitious almost solely towards the political sector. This, I presume, is a lingering instinct from the great Fulani kingdom established by Usman Dan Fodio. The Hausa-Fulani people can be very agreeable and friendly to other people - they already are exceptionally friendly to themselves - if you stay out of their way of doing things and, oh, if you speak their language. However, being faced with a fast-paced, ever-changing world, the Northerner is wont to have a repugnant view of certain widely accepted standards and is not shy to pick up a sword if need be".
Healthy contributions are welcome.[/quote]
Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by pricklewane: 7:42am On Sep 19, 2020
Everything he listed happens to be true. You are just hurt because you know it is n it was spelt out to your face. You should ahup up if you have no rebuttal.

overall90:
igbos don suffer. grin

what your father told you about hausa- fulani and yet you still find a way to make it about igbos.
do you and your ignorant father know the meaning of intolerance?
that igbos are somehow a homogenous Christian group now makes them intolerance to other religion.
when did you hear about igbos rioting and beheading and parading the head in a spike of persons of other faith?
all these nonsenses because igbos have to share a country with idiot.s
Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by overall90: 7:53am On Sep 19, 2020
pricklewane:
Everything he listed happens to be true. You are just hurt because you know it is n it was spelt out to your face. You should ahup up if you have no rebuttal.

another idiot with access to internet cheesy

all the Bauchi,kano,kaduna religious riots all happened in igbo land
the Danish cartoon riots happened in igbo land
the 9/11 kano riots happned in igboland
boko haram and herdsmen are all igbos
the rccg woman that was killed in Abuja was killed by igbos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by NaMeAboki: 8:49am On Sep 19, 2020
Muna4real:

Hia ohh chim! So because you can hardly find a Muslim igbo, then you assume that igbos are religiously intolerant? Wow! Is it by force to be Muslim? It's not our fault that the Muslim society has dented their image especially in Nigeria.

Well not according to this post (copied from another platform) details herewith attached - happy reading.

IGBO HATRED AGAINST IGBO MUSLIMS

IGBO CHRISTIANS MOCK AND INSULTS A DEAD IGBO MUSLIM: ALHAJI YUSUF CHINEDU NWOHA.
Posted by Muslim Thinker August 9, 2020 Posted in Face of Christian Islamophobes, Home �, Islamophobia (Hate against Muslims and Islam), Muslim Igbos, Myth Busters Precinct, Religions, Social Dysfunctions, Social Justice,South East Muslims.

Alhaji Yusuf Chinedu Nwoha died a day or two to the Celebration and commemoration of Eid Adha popularly referred to as “Big Sallah” by Nigerian Muslims.

He died in Abuja Okene Road from motor accident while heading to South East (Igbo land) to join his families in Celebrating the “big Sallah”.
It was a sad day for Muslims of Nigeria because of the humongous vacuum in Igbo land created by his demise.
Well meaning Nigerians (Muslims) and some non Muslims have shown sympathy to his families (religious and biological).
As expected, most Igbo Christians were celebrating his death. They enjoyed the reality that he is dead. They liked it.
But the scary and hazy imagination revolves around why would and should a people Celebrate the death of a man who belongs to their ethnicity?

Hatred! Hatred for being Muslims. This hatred is practical and not theoretical. What was expressed and still being expressed by most Igbo Christians about the death of an Igbo muslim cleric is what is obtainable in real life situations in Igbo land.

It was once said that most Igbo muslims don’t stay or live in igbo land because of what they face on a daily basis in their ancestral land. As Muslims, they are minorities in a raging Christian sea. Since they are practically attacked verbally, physically, etc, they migrated in huge numbers to the north.
It would be fair to say about 80% of Igbo Muslims do not live in Igbo land.
This is as a result of discrimination, stigmatization, oppression, suppression, subjugation, coercive conversion, etc.

It is easy for any Igbo Christian to protest and say this is not us. We would love to ask, WHO ARE YOU IGBO CHRISTIANS?
1. Igbo Muslim Children do not wear hijab in Government schools
2. Igbo Muslim Children are forced to take CRK (Christian religious knowledge) . IRK (Islamic Religious knowledge) is deliberately not offered to Muslim children in Government schools.
3. Igbo Muslims are not allowed to become deputy Governor or governors in the land of their ancestry.
4. The mosque in the whole Igbo land is not upto the Churches built by Igbo Christians and non Igbo Christians in Kano state (a Muslim state) alone.
5. Igbo Muslims are called Hausas by Igbo Christians and Traditionalists. Nwanyị Awusa (Hausa Girl), Nwoke Awusa (Hausa Boy), Onye Awusa (Hausa Person).
6. Igbo Muslims are also called Onye Boko Haram, Efulefu, etc.
7. Igbo Muslims are made to feel and seem inferior when they choose Islam. Their heritage and properties are stripped from them.
8. Igbo Muslims aren’t recognized by Igbo socio-cultural organization, Ohanézè Ndigbo.
9. Igbo muslims are mocked and taunted during times of disaster by Igbo christians.
10. During the last Eid Adha, only the Governor of Enugu and Imo sent congratulatory messages to the Igbo Muslim and non Igbo muslims minority of their states.
11. They are threatened on a daily basis with death threat by fanatical radical extremist Igbo Christians.
13. Igbo muslims are also called Slaves of Hausa fulani muslims for being Muslims and not Christians.
12. Few Igbo Christians who allow humanity in them are called fake Igbos or slaves to hausa fulanis.
14. Igbo Muslims are called Fake, Impostors and Fraudsters by Igbo Christians for being Muslims.
15. The Christian clerics and other groups in the whole Igbo societies have never spoken against this hate, preached against it and collaborated with Igbo Muslim minority to establish an interfaith organization and programmes. Matter of fact, in our documentation of hate against Muslims, we have seen certain Igbo Christian clerics encouraging hate towards Muslims who Igbos and Muslims generally.
Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by igboarenice: 9:02am On Sep 19, 2020
mightyhazel:
85 percent of threads on nairaland is about igbos..

And u tell me this group is not special?
Igbos are extremely good in Statistics especially made up one.
85% of all threads on nairaland is about Igbo grin

1 Like

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by igboarenice: 9:04am On Sep 19, 2020
saaron:
Fulani Taqiyya.
Keep deceiving yourselves.

DISINTEGRATION OF NIGERIA WILL SAVE MILLIONS OF LIVES FROM ISLAMIC TERRORISM!! SUPPORT IT.
Igbos in 3031will still be shouting
Give us biafra
Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by slivertongue: 9:07am On Sep 19, 2020
Muna4real:

Well unfortunately, it's neither a proposal nor an abstract. It's a reply to the stupid ideology of the quoted moniker.

I was actually refering to the post by the Op. too many contradictions. hw can an ethnic group be intolerant religious wise yet they cohabit peacefully as kins
Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by Mathantics: 9:16am On Sep 19, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Imagine in a secular State. Is this different from extremism(terrorism)?
Is this how you all we govern your own Biafra?

Islam is a terrorist religion

Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by Muna4real(f): 9:40am On Sep 19, 2020
[quote author=NaMeAboki post=94074053
[/quote]

Wow! A long epistle of self deceit. This is complete trash. You are only deceiving yourself if you think that northern Christians are treated better in the north. Every lie that was written in the useless post is very much applicable to Muslims in the north.
Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by Muna4real(f): 9:46am On Sep 19, 2020
pricklewane:

There is no truth in what the Op posted. As long as igbo Muslims and other Muslims in igbo land is moving about freely, without fear of being killed, there is nothing like religious intolerance. They even go to their mosques in peace and come back safely without harassment from anybody. We can't say the same for our Christan brothers up North.
Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by slivertongue: 10:02am On Sep 19, 2020
[quote author=Muna4real post=94075593][/quote]

indigenous northern Christians are endangered beings. The narrative of tolerance is a lie
Re: What My Father Told Me About Hausa-fulani by loveth360(f): 8:33pm On Sep 19, 2020
tifany89:

lolz you can imagine this dumb ass. He has endured alot from Hausa Fulani, but ends up praising them while disparaging the Igbos and he says he is from Niger Delta. How can anyone in their right senses accuse Igbos of religious intolerance while praising Northerners lolz. Is this a joke?
These people don't they ever get tired
The guy is a northern or a yoruba man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yar’adua: Saudi Authorities Deny Ministers Landing Clearance / Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan / UK Backs Nigeria On Mali Mission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.