Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? (11948 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? / Should A Born Again Christian Look Sexy in Public? / Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by edoairways: 10:02am On Sep 20, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Oooh

But who was your preferred candidate??
Obaseki 4+4
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by Successmind(m): 10:05am On Sep 20, 2020
Ask pastor osinbajo...
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by delkuf(m): 10:06am On Sep 20, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Lool
Ok. What of our Pastor Osinbajo
Yeah. that's another case why Christians shouldn't go here politics. I can't say about osinbajo
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by originalprof: 10:06am On Sep 20, 2020
greencard:
Dear brothers and sisters , I like to ask , can a born again Christian get involve in active politics.?

Or

Will it be proper to always be praying for leadership which might have been involved in occult or an apostate or antichrist to rule well and favour the masses which oftentimes doesn't work out?

Or

We should just remain indifferent and hope for the best ??

Your take

A PASTOR IS OUR VICE PRESIDENT.. DOES THAT ANSWER YOUR QUESTION
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by lastchild: 10:09am On Sep 20, 2020
yes of course, politics is never a sin, biblically God involved in people's politics, it's just that the way Nigerian politics is designed, it look as if you can't withstand it without being currupt which is a lie
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:10am On Sep 20, 2020
edoairways:

Obaseki 4+4

Na man u be.

Edo nobe Lagos.. grin grin grin
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by Emmanuelcann: 10:10am On Sep 20, 2020
Jesus Christ made it clear that there's a separation between the Church and the state - "And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him."
Mark 12:17
Those whom God has saved from the penalty of sin are comparatively few on earth, and they have a commission - "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
Matthew 28:18‭-‬20 Should a Christian leave that which God has made a priority for him to go on a futile rescue mission?
"Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest."
Matthew 9:37‭-‬38
Righteous judgement and rule on earth will only come through Jesus Christ. Obey your master and pray for his will to be done!
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by davidinchrist(m): 10:13am On Sep 20, 2020
Matt.6.24 - "No one can serve TWO masters. For you will hate one and love the other, or be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

Hence, you cannot be a follower of Jesus and Herod: "be devoted to ONE and despise the other."

May Jesus give you light.
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by RPG2020(m): 10:14am On Sep 20, 2020
No, you can't

1 Like

Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by Omoejigbahe(m): 10:19am On Sep 20, 2020
Dumb question, who should be in politics if not children of God
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by dingbang(m): 10:19am On Sep 20, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:
Of course. I am a living example. I am a born-again Christian but I have mad plans to contest for a senatorial seat very soon. I will fight tooth and nail to see it come to pass.

I must loot mad money as well. I didn't come to this earth to just be a spectator.
lmao.. Na only one vote you go get and that vote will be me.
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by emapeteum(m): 10:22am On Sep 20, 2020
A true child of God may not get himself entangle with politics of the day which may change a child of God to that of the devil.Christ did not get himself involved in the politics of his days.Christ clearly stated that His kingdom was not of this world.Look at the current VP; do you think that man is still a servant of Christ?My humble opinion though
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by Lamasta(m): 10:28am On Sep 20, 2020
Christians should rise up to take leadership positions in Nigerian politics, its time to disperse occultic people in government
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by CaptainMitch: 10:36am On Sep 20, 2020
Interesting, I still recall seeing him in Church.
delkuf:
Before he became Senate president, he was a good Christian, but after he start involving in politics, he lost it and almost Lost Christ
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 10:39am On Sep 20, 2020
RPG2020:
No, you can't
I concur!

1 Like

Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by Bsc(m): 10:52am On Sep 20, 2020
Not Nigerian Politics mbok..
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by kalajina(m): 10:58am On Sep 20, 2020
according to the scriptures Nehemiah was a politician. so there is nothing wrong. God bless you
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by harmony75: 10:58am On Sep 20, 2020
Yes a good Christian should be in politics.. you're to get in there and make a mark imagine many born again Christian's in politics we will not have lots of greedy politicians looting the treasure. Nigeria would have gone far, agriculture infastructural development in every areas you name it.
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by babadee1(m): 11:00am On Sep 20, 2020
greencard:
Dear brothers and sisters , I like to ask , can a born again Christian get involve in active politics.?

Or

Will it be proper to always be praying for leadership which might have been involved in occult or an apostate or antichrist to rule well and favour the masses which oftentimes doesn't work out?

Or

Your take

As a born again Christian, if you decide to go into politics anything your eye see there you take it like that. Wisdom is profitable to direct.
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by kalajina(m): 11:00am On Sep 20, 2020
Joseph of Arimantha was a politician. Theophilous was also a politician Acts 1:1
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by richie240: 11:01am On Sep 20, 2020
greencard:

Or

Or

Your take

Friendship with d world is enmity with God.
There was a time the Jews wanted to forcefully make Jesus Christ king but he bluntly refused.
Despite d fact dt He was/is d son of God and owned everything, he still refused to be enthroned as a physical king by earthly men.

"You can't serve God and mammon" - Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by Olichoke: 11:02am On Sep 20, 2020
Sunnycliff:
Nigeria version of politics is not good for a true genuine Christian. At best they can serve as Special advisers. Because to win Nigeria elections, you must commit sin such as lying, stealing, blackmail, forgery, even murder
This is a lie
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by mannyiyke: 11:03am On Sep 20, 2020
delkuf:
Don't get involved. Anyim Pius Anyim comes to mind
Anyim Pius was never born again before. We mistake people who bear Christian names as genuine Christians.

Peter Obi is the only Christian who used his privilege as a governor to work. So, even though Peter Obi doesn't claim to be born again, he's the only genuine Christian in Igboland who became governor and delivered. Others are juju men and women who are hypocrites to the core.
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by TheWalkingMind: 11:04am On Sep 20, 2020
greencard:

Or

Or

Your take

This shouldn't be a topic. Christians are human beings with civil rights.
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:05am On Sep 20, 2020
delkuf:
Yeah. that's another case why Christians shouldn't go here politics. I can't say about osinbajo

Didn't you see, he isn't saying anything on the killings of christains in this country. He has sold his soul to the devil.
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by delkuf(m): 11:05am On Sep 20, 2020
mannyiyke:
Anyim Pius was never born again before. We mistake people who bear Christian names as genuine Christians.

Peter Obi is the only Christian who used his privilege as a governor to work. So, even though Peter Obi doesn't claim to be born again, he's the only genuine Christian in Igboland who became governor and delivered. Others are juju men and women who are hypocrites to the core.
Do you know him. He made the confession himself
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by Sunnycliff(m): 11:06am On Sep 20, 2020
Olichoke:

This is a lie

Tell me the truth
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by mannyiyke: 11:08am On Sep 20, 2020
delkuf:
Do you know him. He made the confession himself
Forget the confession he made. They all lie a lot. Come to Christ Embassy, Abakaliki and hear Dave Umahi say the same thing. They're wolves in sheep's clothing.
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by Sunnycliff(m): 11:10am On Sep 20, 2020
Kweensavvy:
Why not? Even the bible confirms that when the righteous rules the people rejoice. David (the man after God's heart) Solomon etc were active politicians.

Politics then was not democratic. It was either monarchical or theocratic

2 Likes

Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by tfash96(m): 11:11am On Sep 20, 2020
Over to our VP
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? by alabi826(m): 11:21am On Sep 20, 2020
Yes, Christians should be actively involved in politics, that's how we can change the system. But note that victory is not immediately, Christians will be persecuted in politics but if we hold our ground and we gain numbers in politics things will change

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Incubus And Succubus – Sex Demons Of The Night / GRACE TRANSCENDS FORGIVENESS! / God Made Him Gay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.