Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,583 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. (2595 Views)

"I’m Muslim With Christian Blood And Jewish Heart Mohammad Tawhidi Imam Of Peace / Masquerade Converts To Christianity And Becomes An Evangelist In 6 Months(photo) / Ebonyi State Pastor Converts To Islam, Listen To His Testimony(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by AkinwaleJJ(f): 12:34pm On Sep 23, 2020
Danniey:

but white garment church heads marry more than one

That's the difference between Christians (Jesus' fans) and disciples (adherents of Jesus' teachings)

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by psucc(m): 1:31pm On Sep 23, 2020
Danniey:

but white garment church heads marry more than one
Just as some called themselves Christians but the fruits of Christianity is not there.

One of the features of Christianity is the Freedom it entails where many has just interpret to suit their cravings.
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by HeavenlyHolines(m): 2:52pm On Sep 23, 2020
My brother, the scripture can't be broken. When it comes to hearing God's voice, so many people have used this same Bible. If u read the bible very well, you will see many cases but the bible right from old testament to the new testament is still the same. If u say ur sister married a Muslim and you want other also to follow the same pattern,my hand no de.
When it comes to spirit filled pastor or minister, these days anybody can do that. Even Saul, Balaam etc also prophesied after backsliding but the bible still stands on the verse u quoted. Shalom[quote author=madegreatbygrace post=94214425][/quote]
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by Tochj(m): 4:05pm On Sep 23, 2020
dingbang:
Maybe I will just convert to Islam, marry four wives and reconvert to Christianity again.

Sense cheesy
Hahahaha abi
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by shadeyinka(m): 10:14pm On Sep 23, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

There is no need to argue over this, if you feel OK with what you believe, please preach and teach as a disciple. I'll also do the same thing, i've explained myself.
Argument!?
No. It's called REASONING from the scriptures
The master Jesus also used this approach in discussions with people
Mar 12:37:
"Since David called him his Lord, how can he be his son? " (This sort of reasoning delighted the crowd and they listened to him with great interest.)"
The disciples of Jesus also did that with each other.
Luk 24:15:
"And while they were conversing and reasoning together, Jesus himself drew near and travelled along with them."

Even in preachings, sometimes the approach of reasoning from the scriptures is done.
Acts 19:8:
"He entered the synagogue and spoke boldly reasoning and persuading about the kingdom of God. He did this for three months."
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by AkinwaleJJ(f): 10:49pm On Sep 23, 2020
shadeyinka:

Argument!?
No. It's called REASONING from the scriptures
The master Jesus also used this approach in discussions with people
Mar 12:37:
"Since David called him his Lord, how can he be his son? " (This sort of reasoning delighted the crowd and they listened to him with great interest.)"
The disciples of Jesus also did that with each other.
Luk 24:15:
"And while they were conversing and reasoning together, Jesus himself drew near and travelled along with them."

Even in preachings, sometimes the approach of reasoning from the scriptures is done.
Acts 19:8:
"He entered the synagogue and spoke boldly reasoning and persuading about the kingdom of God. He did this for three months."

The Christians are those who believe in Jesus they are easily recognized back then as they move with others peacefully but it's the disciples that preach, teach and reason with people in their neighbourhood on the bases of his name. I think that's why you too said the "disciples" instead of "christians"
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by shadeyinka(m): 10:56pm On Sep 23, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

The Christians are those who believe in Jesus they are easily recognized back then as they move with others peacefully but it's the disciples that preach, teach and reason with people in their neighbourhood on the bases of his name. I think that's why you too said the "disciples" instead of "christians"
Compare what you've just posted with this
Acts11:26
26 and when he found him, he brought him back to Antioch. So for a full year they met together with the church and taught large numbers of people. The disciples were first called Christians at Antioch.

It is the disciples that are called Christians not the other way round my sister. In other words a Christian is FIRST a Disciple of Christ.!
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by AkinwaleJJ(f): 11:10pm On Sep 23, 2020
shadeyinka:

Compare what you've just posted with this
Acts11:26
26 and when he found him, he brought him back to Antioch. So for a full year they met together with the church and taught large numbers of people. The disciples were first called Christians at Antioch.

It is the disciples that are called Christians not the other way round my sister. In other words a Christian is FIRST a Disciple of Christ.!

The Bible said it not me, the disciples were first call "Christians" by inhabitants of Antioch meaning when they noticed anyone with the group they believe he or she is part of them. But those participating in the preaching and teaching activities are the "disciples" not just those following them up and down (Christians)
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by akan102: 3:13am On Nov 03, 2020
HeavenlyHolines:
In the case of Zacchaeus, Paul when intervening in the case between Onesimus and Philemon, Paul when he insulted the chief high priest. They did restitution which a true mark of repentance. Restitution is making wrong right for past or present deeds It can be a various form depending on what has been done. It shows u have truly repented. u can't steal someone pen and u say u r born again n the pen is still with u. U will have to return back. Just as confession of sin is not justify, so repentance without restitution (if u have any) is true conversion.
In the new testament, the Apostles fully understand Christ's teaching on marriage, divorce, polygamy etc. and so they were very careful not to entertain such unlike what you have in the old testament which was the Mosaic law. As a Christian, it's one man and one wife not wives and that is why the bible said 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. that means d old tradition and lifestyle or practiced of the world should be clearly done away. U can't see Christian (born again) man born n call of God in the new testament with wives. Shalom

Sorry for not responding long before now I don't know how or what to do to get notified when a response comes in, from your view the old testament is different from the new testament when it comes to marriage, yes, Jesus expressly condemned divorce but such was never said of polygamy. Under the law which we saw that it was hash on the jews, and they were not able to obey it to the last as said by bro Paul, that same law didn't stop them from being polygamous, which you rightly observed, the new testament came as a period of grace yet Christians tried and is still trying to smuggle in laws into the word of God in an era that is supposed to be an era of GRACE.
Chapters like Titus chap1v6, 1Timothy chap3 are easily quoted as backups to defend their argument, but let us look back a little at the writer, who we all know as brother Paul, with due respect to him, I love and respect him and will always, but that doesn't mean I will not analyse his comments and works to the best possible way as I can, what are his views concerning marriage?
What are his views concerning women?
Compare them with the word directly from God, do they always agree?
Remember we are only studying no insult pls nor personalising, let me hear from you before I make my next comments, thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Oldest Pastor, Samuel Sadela, Dies At Age 114 / The Unstoppable Apostle – Amb. Dr. Sign Fireman / 65 Biblical Proofs Jesus Did Not Die On The Cross

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.