Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. (2594 Views)

"I’m Muslim With Christian Blood And Jewish Heart Mohammad Tawhidi Imam Of Peace / Masquerade Converts To Christianity And Becomes An Evangelist In 6 Months(photo) / Ebonyi State Pastor Converts To Islam, Listen To His Testimony(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by HeavenlyHolines(m): 12:20pm On Sep 21, 2020
What Zacchaeus did what a clear mark of conversion. When u become become born again, the spirit of God within u bring conviction. You don't need anyone to teach all things but the Holy Ghost. If Jesus didn't say such doesn't mean it's not scriptural. Restitution means different thing to different people in different situation. It can be confession of wrong done to others like in the case of Paul in Act 23 or repayment of money like in the case of Paul pleading for Onesimus based on the wrong he has done to Philemon his master. The new testament believers understand it. Just as word Rapture is not in the bible literally doesn't mean it's not in the bible. If you don't believe it, no problem. Shalom
madegreatbygrace:

You have not stated , where in the Bible, we’re equivocally commanded to restitute. When i say “we”, i mean christians under the new covenant. Restitution was given as a law to the Jews under the old covenant. In the case of Zacchaeus, you must observe two things.

1. Zacchaeus was not a Christian, but a jew, and so was bound by Old Testament laws.

2. Jesus didn’t command Zacchaeus to do restitution. He offered to do it himself.

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by madegreatbygrace(m): 12:39pm On Sep 21, 2020
author=HeavenlyHolines post=94145837]In the case of Zacchaeus, Paul when intervening in the case between Onesimus and Philemon, Paul when he insulted the chief high priest. They did restitution which a true mark of repentance. Restitution is making wrong right for past or present deeds It can be a various form depending on what has been done. It shows u have truly repented. u can't steal someone pen and u say u r born again n the pen is still with u. U will have to return back. Just as confession of sin is not justify, so repentance without restitution (if u have any) is true conversion.

In the two other cases about Onesimus and Philemon on one hand, and Paul and the Chief high priest on the other hand, I can’t see anything called restitution .

A common theme in the Bible is the instruction to maintain harmonious relationships among brethren.

If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Finally, brethren, farewell. Become complete. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.”
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So, under the new covenant, our actions should be guided by “the law of peace “.
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by HeavenlyHolines(m): 12:43pm On Sep 21, 2020
Philemon 1:18 If he hath wronged thee, or oweth thee ought, put that on mine account; 1:19 I Paul have written it with mine own hand, I will repay it: albeit I do not say to thee how thou owest unto me even thine own self besides. Thanks and God bless u
madegreatbygrace:

In the two other cases about Onesimus and Philemon on one hand, and Paul and the Chief high priest on the other hand, I can’t see anything called restitution .

A common theme in the Bible is the instruction to maintain harmonious relationships among brethren.

If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Finally, brethren, farewell. Become complete. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.”
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So, under the new covenant, our actions should be guided by “the law of peace “.

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by madegreatbygrace(m): 1:06pm On Sep 21, 2020
[quote author=HeavenlyHolines post=94156412]What Zacchaeus did what a clear mark of conversion. When u become become born again, the spirit of God within u bring conviction. You don't need anyone to teach all things but the Holy Ghost. If Jesus didn't say such doesn't mean it's not scriptural. Restitution means different thing to different people in different situation. It can be confession of wrong done to others like in the case of Paul in Act 23 or repayment of money like in the case of Paul pleading for Onesimus based on the wrong he has done to Philemon his master. The new testament believers understand it. Just as word Rapture is not in the bible literally doesn't mean it's not in the bible. If you don't believe it, no problem. Shalom

You didn’t address the fact that Zacchaeus was not a Christian and that he was trying to obey Old Testament law. That was deliberate,eh?
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by madegreatbygrace(m): 1:10pm On Sep 21, 2020
[quote author=HeavenlyHolines post=94157158]Philemon 1:18 If he hath wronged thee, or oweth thee ought, put that on mine account; 1:19 I Paul have written it with mine own hand, I will repay it: albeit I do not say to thee how thou owest unto me even thine own self besides. Thanks and God bless u.

Don’t you understand this simple thing ? Paul wasn’t trying to obey a law . He was only acting as a peacemaker.
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by HeavenlyHolines(m): 2:28pm On Sep 21, 2020
Is restitution mandatory for a Christian or not?[quote author=madegreatbygrace post=94157818][/quote]

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by HeavenlyHolines(m): 2:29pm On Sep 21, 2020
Is restitution mandatory for Christians or not?[quote author=madegreatbygrace post=94157913][/quote]
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by HeavenlyHolines(m): 2:29pm On Sep 21, 2020
Is restitution mandatory for a Christian or not?[quote author=madegreatbygrace post=94157818][/quote]
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 21, 2020
D Man Would Continue & Finish What He Had Started. No Putting Away.
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by shadeyinka(m): 3:30pm On Sep 21, 2020
HeavenlyHolines:
God law clearly state that one man, one wife. So any other wives shouldn't cohabit with the first wife that was married legally or traditionally. I used divorce there just like separation. I think that is fine. if you don't agree, no problem. thanks and God bless u.
I wish you could be specific with the scripture that says "one man one wife"!
Because all I know the scriputre speaks about is "God made them male and Female"!
Mk10:5-9
5But Jesus told them, “Moses wrote this commandment for you because of your hardness of heart. 6However, from the beginning of creation, ‘God made them male and female.’ 7‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.”

Can you please explain the scripture below:
2Sam 12:8:
"And I gave you your master's house, and your master's wives into your bosom, and gave you the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given to you such and such things."

You said:
"So any other wives shouldn't cohabit with the first wife that was married legally or traditionally."
If a person unites himself with a prostitute and therefore becomes one with her, how much more a legally married second, third or fourth wife?
1 Corinthians 6:16
Or don't you know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh."

You can argue all you want but you cannot argue against the scriptures. Here is God mediating in a case of Polygamy.
Deut 21:15-17
“If a man has two wives, the one loved and the other unloved, and both the loved and the unloved have borne him children, and if the firstborn son belongs to the unloved, then on the day when he assigns his possessions as an inheritance to his sons, he may not treat the son of the loved as the firstborn in preference to the son of the unloved, who is the firstborn, but he shall acknowledge the firstborn, the son of the unloved, by giving him a double portion of all that he has, for he is the firstfruits of his strength. The right of the firstborn is his.

Should a Christian couple do IVF in the course of looking for the fruit of the womb?

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by Lukuluku69(m): 3:36pm On Sep 21, 2020
HeavenlyHolines:
Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. He is our perfect example. If you live your life based on other prophets, u might not b save in this end time period

Give me references from the word of God and not what Paul think. To other Prophets, are they not from God? Their lives can't it mirrored God's Will? And if Christ is solely the example, he did not marry, so why do you marry or intend to marry?
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by shadeyinka(m): 3:44pm On Sep 21, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

NO! Because the one who planned marriage in the beginning never gave such options.

God overlooked so many things since it's still bearable until the saviour comes to tell us what we must do to gain access into God's Kingdom! John 4:25

Learn from Christians the standard God set in the beginning and make reinstitution, God's Kingdom is coming and only those fully prepared for it will be ushered in, there's no Adam with two Eves in God's gardenlike Paradise.

Remove the underlined before you can expect me to address that, we are chatting on what we understood after considering the scriptures, so it's not proper tagging another person's comment as man-made doctrines, God created one Adam one Eve, it's sinners (Adam's descendants) who went off course pleasing their fleshly desires. So if we're now deliberating on the way forward you shouldn't be insulting others by calling their own understanding "man-made doctrines"
Your Quote:
NO! Because the one who planned marriage [b]in the beginning never gave such options.[/b]
Your argument is like saying that since Adam and Eve were created naked, we should go about naked.
Your Quote:
God overlooked so many things since it's still bearable until the saviour comes to tell us what we must do to gain access into God's Kingdom! John 4:25
Are there other moral laws that God used to overlook but not anymore?
Your Quote:
Learn from Christians the standard God set in the beginning and make reinstitution, God's Kingdom is coming and only those fully prepared for it will be ushered in, there's no Adam with two Eves in God's gardenlike Paradise.

Can everything be restituted?
Murder, Rape, Adultery...
Lets say I illegally married a girl when she was 22 years old and she has given birth to 5 children for me. At the age of 54 years, I separated myself from her as a form of restitution. Have I restituted my illegality?
What options does she have?
Would I restitute my 4 children from her?
How would I restitute the emotional heartbreak of the children?

The letters indeed kill....

I apologize for the underlined:
1. "Who joined this Muslim to his first wife?"
2. Extending your logic, can we say that this man was never married to anyone of the four wives?
What's your take on this?

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by HeavenlyHolines(m): 3:53pm On Sep 21, 2020
Oga man (male), woman(female). Na English be the difference. Since we have divergent views, no problem. Thanks n God bless u.
shadeyinka:

I wish you could be specific with the scripture that says "one man one wife"!
Because all I know the scriputre speaks about is "God made them male and Female"!
Mk10:5-9
5But Jesus told them, “Moses wrote this commandment for you because of your hardness of heart. 6However, from the beginning of creation, ‘God made them male and female.’ 7‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.”

Can you please explain the scripture below:
2Sam 12:8:
"And I gave you your master's house, and your master's wives into your bosom, and gave you the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given to you such and such things."

You said:
"So any other wives shouldn't cohabit with the first wife that was married legally or traditionally."
If a person unites himself with a prostitute and therefore becomes one with her, how much more a legally married second, third or fourth wife?
1 Corinthians 6:16
Or don't you know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh."

You can argue all you want but you cannot argue against the scriptures. Here is God mediating in a case of Polygamy.
Deut 21:15-17
“If a man has two wives, the one loved and the other unloved, and both the loved and the unloved have borne him children, and if the firstborn son belongs to the unloved, then on the day when he assigns his possessions as an inheritance to his sons, he may not treat the son of the loved as the firstborn in preference to the son of the unloved, who is the firstborn, but he shall acknowledge the firstborn, the son of the unloved, by giving him a double portion of all that he has, for he is the firstfruits of his strength. The right of the firstborn is his.

Should a Christian couple do IVF in the course of looking for the fruit of the womb?
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by shadeyinka(m): 3:53pm On Sep 21, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

Muslims are human like you and i, they are Adam's descendants too, this means if they've made mistakes in the past they can make sacrifices to amend their ways before God.
The rich young ruler Jesus asked to go sell all his belongings and distribute it to the poor didn't steal those things because he's been keeping God's laws right from his youth up!
If Jesus could say this man can't enter God's Kingdom, then it's evident that whoever thinks he is OK with his past life without preparedness to concur to whatever Jesus says has a big problem.
Once you're married or known as husband to one woman, then any other woman is just an intruder, so if you now want to amend your ways with God through Christ's teachings you must be prepared to let go!
Remember Paradise is not for stiff-neckedness but those who are willing to pay any price which includes giving it all it takes to fit in the coming system of things. Regarding this Jesus said it was not so in the beginning!
Adam never had sex with any other woman apart from his Eve, that's the standard!
Adam didn't have to do evangelism: was that Gods standard?

You forget that a man can marry two wives at the same time! LOL

Who is the one paying the price?
Is it the man who is divorcing his wives or the wives who are thrown out to the cold?

As per our salvation:
Eph2:8-9
8For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9[b] not by works,[/b] so that no one can boast

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by HeavenlyHolines(m): 3:57pm On Sep 21, 2020
I don try. Restitution na part of true conversion. Thanks n God bless u
Lukuluku69:

Give me references from the word of God and not what Paul think. To other Prophets, are they not from God? Their lives can't it mirrored God's Will? And if Christ is solely the example, he did not marry, so why do you marry or intend to marry?

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by Lukuluku69(m): 4:04pm On Sep 21, 2020
HeavenlyHolines:
I don try. Restitution na part of true conversion. Thanks n God bless u

Thank you and God bless too smiley
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by madegreatbygrace(m): 4:14pm On Sep 21, 2020
quote author=HeavenlyHolines post=94160501]Is restitution mandatory for a Christian or not?

Look my friend, the Christian life is not lived by observing a set of rules or commandments.

The only commandment given to the believer is love.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.”
‭‭John‬ ‭13:34‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭13:8‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Therefore, every action must be love-filtered. It’s not about being mandatory or not. It’s about love triumphing over laws. This love must also lead to peace.

You judge this for yourself. A Muslim married three wives. He became a Christian. You say this man should divorce the last two wives and maintain the first.

The question is, have you acted in love?

How would these two women feel? Certainly you’ll hurt their feelings and they will be bitter for the rest of their lives. Remember the Bible says love works no ill to his neighbor.

“But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.”
‭‭James‬ ‭3:17‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So, where is the love, and where is the peace?
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by AkinwaleJJ(f): 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2020
shadeyinka:

Your Quote:
NO! Because the one who planned marriage [b]in the beginning never gave such options.[/b]
Your argument is like saying that since Adam and Eve were created naked, we should go about naked.
Your Quote:
Are there other moral laws that God used to overlook but not anymore?
Your Quote:

Can everything be restituted?
Murder, Rape, Adultery...
Lets say I illegally married a girl when she was 22 years old and she has given birth to 5 children for me. At the age of 54 years, I separated myself from her as a form of restitution. Have I restituted my illegality?
What options does she have?
Would I restitute my 4 children from her?
How would I restitute the emotional heartbreak of the children?

The letters indeed kill....

I apologize for the underlined:
1. "Who joined this Muslim to his first wife?"
2. Extending your logic, can we say that this man was never married to anyone of the four wives?
What's your take on this?

This case could only be resolved if we understand the role of "Christ" in the redemption of mankind. The standard God set for marriage in the beginning was one Adam and one Eve, the nudity was due to their being alone as a couple. Both were like newly born babies who need to study each other closely before they can grasp the use of their sensual organs, thus God created the couple and left them naked. You may ask a newly wedded couple (both virgin) if they'll put on any clothing while they're both alone in their apartment.
Jesus made us understand so many things that often irritates God but which he permitted until the Christ comes to enlighten us. For instance
1) Hatred for our Enemies
2) Cursing those who curse us in return
3) Calling down evil on mockers of God's word
4) Worship attached to geographical location
5) Me first attitude regarding divine blessing
6) Nepotism
7) Political ambitions
cool Admiring other opposite sex after marriage
9) Vengeance

All these are things God overlooked before Christ arrived, so it became difficult for most Jews to accept Jesus' teachings because they never thought servants of God were blemish in anyway, but those who recognize Jesus as the Messiah (Christ) reluctantly agreed despite finding it hard to abide. They just feel they're going to get use to his teachings if they don't give up on him.

Of course we need to make amendments once we realized that one way or the other we're found wanting by the teachings of Christ. Though God doesn't expect us to be swift about it yet we must agree to frown at such thing and be willing to make reinstitution if possible. So all the children a polygamist had are his blood but the woman who came to rival Eve he must stop sleeping with her. Both of them must bear the consequences of such for the sake of Paradise where one Adam and one Eve is the standard.

God has joined a man to the woman the very first day they had sex, the appearance before witnesses is just a formality. Don't forget that they both consented to having each other so when they call the community to witness their solemnization it's just a merry making. So when they now want to face the real life in Christ, that's when they begin to cleanse themselves from all unrighteousness (including multiple partners)

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by AkinwaleJJ(f): 4:38pm On Sep 21, 2020
shadeyinka:

Adam didn't have to do evangelism: was that Gods standard?

You forget that a man can marry two wives at the same time! LOL

Who is the one paying the price?
Is it the man who is divorcing his wives or the wives who are thrown out to the cold?

As per our salvation:
Eph2:8-9
8For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9[b] not by works,[/b] so that no one can boast

There are many things we must consider when talking about the Christ Ma!

The grace here means God extended his hand of mercy to condemned criminals (sinners) while we've all been sentenced to automatic death system. The only way out now is to have faith in Christ Jesus and try to live our lives in harmony with all his teachings. We must know that all the works faithful servants of God from Abel till John the baptist did are dead works if not for the price Christ paid, there is no hope for them because they're still condemned criminals under Adamic sin.
So if you want to live forever, never think you can copy any works from them once Jesus says something negating how those people conducted themselves, then stick to the admonition of Christ Jesus, he is the person who paid for your sin!

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by shadeyinka(m): 4:44pm On Sep 21, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

This case could only be resolved if we understand the role of "Christ" in the redemption of mankind. The standard God set for marriage in the beginning was one Adam and one Eve, the nudity was due to their being alone as a couple. Both were like newly born babies who need to study each other closely before they can grasp the use of their sensual organs, thus God created the couple and left them naked. You may ask a newly wedded couple (both virgin) if they'll put on any clothing while they're both alone in their apartment.
Jesus made us understand so many things that often irritates God but which he permitted until the Christ comes to enlighten us. For instance
1) Hatred for our Enemies
2) Cursing those who curse us in return
3) Calling down evil on mockers of God's word
4) Worship attached to geographical location
5) Me first attitude regarding divine blessing
6) Nepotism
7) Political ambitions
cool Admiring other opposite sex after marriage
9) Vengeance

All these are things God overlooked before Christ arrived, so it became difficult for most Jews to accept Jesus' teachings because they never thought servants of God were blemish in anyway, but those who recognize Jesus as the Messiah (Christ) reluctantly agreed despite finding it hard to abide. They just feel they're going to get use to his teachings if they don't give up on him.

Of course we need to make amendments once we realized that one way or the other we're found wanting by the teachings of Christ. Though God doesn't expect us to be swift about it yet we must agree to frown at such thing and be willing to make reinstitution if possible. So all the children a polygamist had are his blood but the woman who came to rival Eve he must stop sleeping with her. Both of them must bear the consequences of such for the sake of Paradise where one Adam and one Eve is the standard.

God has joined a man to the woman the very first day they had sex, the appearance before witnesses is just a formality. Don't forget that they both consented to having each other so when they call the community to witness their solemnization it's just a merry making. So when they now want to face the real life in Christ, that's when they begin to cleanse themselves from all unrighteousness (including multiple partners)

I asked about MORAL LAWS that God abrogated. It doesn't exist.
Whatever moral law that is a sin cannot be made not sinful again and vice versa.

On a more serious note, your objections are like those of the disciples as per "should new Christians be made to circumcise themselves or not"? If this question wasn't directly answered by the apostles, we will today still be arguing that non Jews must be circumcised to have eternal life.

Using the same rule:
1 Cor 7:19
17 Nevertheless, each person should live as a believer in whatever situation the Lord has assigned to them, just as God has called them. This is the rule I lay down in all the churches. 18 Was a man already circumcised when he was called? He should not become uncircumcised. Was a man uncircumcised when he was called? He should not be circumcised. 19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God’s commands is what counts.

Apply this to marriage and you arent far from the will of God

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by HeavenlyHolines(m): 4:52pm On Sep 21, 2020
Thanks and God bless u. I don't know how to argue
madegreatbygrace:

Look my friend, the Christian life is not lived by observing a set of rules or commandments.

The only commandment given to the believer is love.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.”
‭‭John‬ ‭13:34‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭13:8‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Therefore, every action must be love-filtered. It’s not about being mandatory or not. It’s about love triumphing over laws. This love must also lead to peace.

You judge this for yourself. A Muslim married three wives. He became a Christian. You say this man should divorce the last two wives and maintain the first.

The question is, have you acted in love?

How would these two women feel? Certainly you’ll hurt their feelings and they will be bitter for the rest of their lives. Remember the Bible says love works no ill to his neighbor.

“But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.”
‭‭James‬ ‭3:17‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So, where is the love, and where is the peace?

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by shadeyinka(m): 4:54pm On Sep 21, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

There are many things we must consider when talking about the Christ Ma!

The grace here means God extended his hand of mercy to condemned criminals (sinners) while we've all been sentenced to automatic death system. The only way out now is to have faith in Christ Jesus and try to live our lives in harmony with all his teachings. We must know that all the works faithful servants of God from Abel till John the baptist did are dead works if not for the price Christ paid, there is no hope for them because they're still condemned criminals under Adamic sin.
So if you want to live forever, never think you can copy any works from them once Jesus says something negating how those people conducted themselves, then stick to the admonition of Christ Jesus, he is the person who paid for your sin!
The "good thief" on the cross, how did he earn his salvation: by faith or by works of righteousness?

2 Likes

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by AkinwaleJJ(f): 5:01pm On Sep 21, 2020
shadeyinka:

I asked about MORAL LAWS that God abrogated. It doesn't exist.
Whatever moral law that is a sin cannot be made not sinful again and vice versa.

On a more serious note, your objections are like those of the disciples as per "should new Christians be made to circumcise themselves or not"? If this question wasn't directly answered by the apostles, we will today still be arguing that non Jews must be circumcised to have eternal life.

Using the same rule:
1 Cor 7:19
17 Nevertheless, each person should live as a believer in whatever situation the Lord has assigned to them, just as God has called them. This is the rule I lay down in all the churches. 18 Was a man already circumcised when he was called? He should not become uncircumcised. Was a man uncircumcised when he was called? He should not be circumcised. 19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God’s commands is what counts.

Apply this to marriage and you arent far from the will of God

Circumcision is of the flesh, reinstitution is a thing of the spirit!

God commanded everyone who wants to prove that they're prepared to worship him to get circumcised (in their flesh), but in this case the one making reinstitution must be willing to separate spiritually from the extra mate he/she is sleeping with to prove that he/she is prepared for Paradise, where God instituted one Adam and one Eve!

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by shadeyinka(m): 5:05pm On Sep 21, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

Circumcision is of the flesh, reinstitution is a thing of the spirit!

God commanded everyone who wants to prove that they're prepared to worship him to get circumcised (in their flesh), but in this case the one making reinstitution must be willing to separate spiritually from the extra mate he/she is sleeping with to prove that he/she is prepared for Paradise, where God instituted one Adam and one Eve!
The scripture wasnt presented to debate circumcision but the general principle of judging scriptures.
BTW,
How can a person restitute murder or rape?
I will be glad if you can answer this for me.

2 Likes

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by AkinwaleJJ(f): 5:15pm On Sep 21, 2020
shadeyinka:

The "good thief" on the cross, how did he earn his salvation: by faith or by works of righteousness?
There is no good thief. He must be a Christian striving to get rich first before coming to surrender before Jesus but unfortunately for him he couldn't make it to Jesus on his feet, so on his last day he made himself known to Jesus by saying

Jesus, i'm one of those who believed in you as the saviour but it's just unfortunate that this is where i'm introducing myself to you, please forgive me and remember me when you get to your Kingdom because i truly wish to serve you as my King

Of course Jesus could read this man's heart far much more than what ordinary man can hear him say. So it's his faith that Jesus cherished not his dead works!

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by shadeyinka(m): 5:22pm On Sep 21, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

There is no good thief. He must be a Christian striving to get rich first before coming to surrender before Jesus but unfortunately for him he couldn't make it to Jesus on his feet, so on his last day he made himself known to Jesus by saying

Jesus, i'm one of those who believed in you as the saviour but it's just unfortunate that this is where i'm introducing myself to you, please forgive me and remember me when you get to your Kingdom because i truly wish to serve you as my King

Of course Jesus could read this man's heart far much more than what ordinary man can hear him say. So it's his faith that Jesus cherished not his dead works!
How could the thief be a disciple of Christ?

His Faith in the person of Christ saved him.
Eph 2:8:
"For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:"

Because of his faith, he was given the Gift of God: his salvation.

Let's not add to the finished work of Christ as per our salvation. But of course, everyone (even the evil children of Satan) will be rewarded according to what they have done
2Cor 5:10:
"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he has done, whether it be good or bad."

2 Likes

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by AkinwaleJJ(f): 5:27pm On Sep 21, 2020
shadeyinka:

The scripture wasnt presented to debate circumcision but the general principle of judging scriptures.
BTW,
How can a person restitute murder or rape?
I will be glad if you can answer this for me.

It's like we need to expatiate on the meaning of "SINNER" because going by God's word all Adam's descendants are guilty of all the crimes ever committed on this planet!
So there is no good works you can do to pay for your sins, all you need is exercise faith in Christ Jesus by putting away the old personality.
You must know that all those born of women are still carrying that old personality except those who are striving to make reinstitution after listening when Jesus say one thing or another negating what they thought was OK!

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by AkinwaleJJ(f): 5:44pm On Sep 21, 2020
shadeyinka:

How could the thief be a disciple of Christ?

His Faith in the person of Christ saved him.
Eph 2:8:
"For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:"

Because of his faith, he was given the Gift of God: his salvation.

Let's not add to the finished work of Christ as per our salvation. But of course, everyone (even the evil children of Satan) will be rewarded according to what they have done
2Cor 5:10:
"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he has done, whether it be good or bad."

I didn't say he was a disciple but a Christian!

You need to know that back then there were many people who believe in Jesus back then but weren't bold enough to declare themselves as his disciples! John 12:42
So such ones only believe in him which means they are Christians but couldn't come out openly to declare him!
There is clear evidence in the discussion between Jesus and the two thieves, both of them have heard about Jesus but one was more informed to have known that Jesus' powers wasn't just to continue performing miracles always but rather a tip of what Jesus will do when he becomes King.
Please there is no doubt that the second thief was a weak believer who allowed his love for material things to put him in trouble.

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by shadeyinka(m): 6:07pm On Sep 21, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

I didn't say he was a disciple but a Christian!

You need to know that back then there were many people who believe in Jesus back then but weren't bold enough to declare themselves as his disciples! John 12:42
So such ones only believe in him which means they are Christians but couldn't come out openly to declare him!
There is clear evidence in the discussion between Jesus and the two thieves, both of them have heard about Jesus but one was more informed to have known that Jesus' powers wasn't just to continue performing miracles always but rather a tip of what Jesus will do when he becomes King.
Please there is no doubt that the second thief was a weak believer who allowed his love for material things to put him in trouble.
But the believers were first called Christians in Antioch.
Acts 11:26:
"And when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch."

So you see why the thief couldn't have been a Christian?

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by shadeyinka(m): 6:22pm On Sep 21, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

It's like we need to expatiate on the meaning of "SINNER" because going by God's word all Adam's descendants are guilty of all the crimes ever committed on this planet!
So there is no good works you can do to pay for your sins, all you need is exercise faith in Christ Jesus by putting away the old personality.
You must know that all those born of women are still carrying that old personality except those who are striving to make reinstitution after listening when Jesus say one thing or another negating what they thought was OK!
You are correct until the bolded.

You forget that if you break one law, you have broken all?
Jam 2:10:
"For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

Is it possible to restitute ALL your sins? No!
That means that since you are still striving to make restitution, you have not yet perfected your salvation.

How would you suggest a man to restitute murder?
How would you suggest a man to restitute rape?

2 Likes

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by AkinwaleJJ(f): 6:33pm On Sep 21, 2020
shadeyinka:

But the believers were first called Christians in Antioch.
Acts 11:26:
"And when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch."

So you see why the thief couldn't have been a Christian?

That just means those who believe in the man who claimed he is the Christ, and remember that is Antioch not Judah where anyone who declare himself/herself a disciple of Jesus is taken as an infidel.
The thief believe in Jesus making him to be a Christian but he wasn't ready to declare him publicly so he's not a disciple. Note that the Christian believe in his heart but since he's not declaring it publicly nobody expect Christlike manners from him, but a disciple made himself known publicly by getting baptized in the name of Jesus Christ before eyewitnesses who will go and tell all his families that he's now one of Jesus' disciples. So for the thief to have confessed Jesus as King means he already believe in him but kept it within himself all these while!

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by AkinwaleJJ(f): 6:46pm On Sep 21, 2020
shadeyinka:

You are correct until the bolded.

You forget that if you break one law, you have broken all?
Jam 2:10:
"For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

Is it possible to restitute ALL your sins? No!
That means that since you are still striving to make restitution, you have not yet perfected your salvation.

How would you suggest a man to restitute murder?
How would you suggest a man to restitute rape?

Now we are coming to an agreement. Since you know that ordinarily breaking one law makes you guilty of all then you have to stop what you now know as practices that will not be welcomed in Paradise. If you can't turn back the hands of time surely you can stop practicing what you now know as evil. Reinstitution simply means stop doing what is evil by keeping away from dead works. It's multiple sex partners that makes people spread diseases fast. So the deficiencies in all of them comes to the body of the man and he spread it to them again!
A smoker is liable to die young, but what if he stops smoking?
The perfect blood covenant is between just two persons not three, that's God's standard from the beginning!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Former Winners Chapel Pastor Korede Komaiya Now Flies In Private Jet / Chiedozie Chilaka: Fake Catholic Priest and His Fake Miracles ….Exposing the Unv / Domestic Violence In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.