Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. (2598 Views)

"I’m Muslim With Christian Blood And Jewish Heart Mohammad Tawhidi Imam Of Peace / Masquerade Converts To Christianity And Becomes An Evangelist In 6 Months(photo) / Ebonyi State Pastor Converts To Islam, Listen To His Testimony(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by tonyson010(m): 7:09pm On Sep 21, 2020
HeavenlyHolines:
your twisting of the bible is confusing coz i didn't see wives there. Let me ask u some questions:
(1) If as an unbeliever you are aware i mean u have fore knowledge about biblical doctrine concerning marriage that God is against polygamy and u went ahead to marry wives If man becomes born again, what should the person do to the wives?
(2) s=Since u said the man can't divorce them or the wives can freely divorce them, can he still be making love to them?

The bible is not against it. No commandment on it.
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by shadeyinka(m): 7:32pm On Sep 21, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

Now we are coming to an agreement. Since you know that ordinarily breaking one law makes you guilty of all then you have to stop what you now know as practices that will not be welcomed in Paradise. If you can't turn back the hands of time surely you can stop practicing what you now know as evil. Reinstitution simply means stop doing what is evil by keeping away from dead works. It's multiple sex partners that makes people spread diseases fast. So the deficiencies in all of them comes to the body of the man and he spread it to them again!
A smoker is liable to die young, but what if he stops smoking?
The perfect blood covenant is between just two persons not three, that's God's standard from the beginning!
No sir!
What the scriptures is saying is that no one is justified by obeying the law.
Gal 3:11:
"And that none is justified in the law before God, is manifest: for, The just shall live of faith."
Gal 2:16:
"still we know that a person is not justified by the Law of Moses, but rather through faith in Christ. we have trusted in Christ Jesus, so that we might be made right with God by trusting in Him and not by the requirements of the Law of Moses. Because by such law-compliance no one can be made right with God."

Rom 3:20:
"because by the works of the Law none of all flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law [is] the knowledge of sin."

That impossibility is what you are depending on for your salvation.

You said:
Reinstitution simply means stop doing what is evil by keeping away from dead works.

Completely untrue. Restitution is PAYBACK for the wrong done as an atonement.

Luk 19:8:
"Zaccheus stood up and said to the Lord, "Lord, see! Half of what I own I will give to poor people. And if I have taken money from anyone in a wrong way, I will pay him back four times as much .""

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by shadeyinka(m): 7:45pm On Sep 21, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

That just means those who believe in the man who claimed he is the Christ, and remember that is Antioch not Judah where anyone who declare himself/herself a disciple of Jesus is taken as an infidel.
The thief believe in Jesus making him to be a Christian but he wasn't ready to declare him publicly so he's not a disciple. Note that the Christian believe in his heart but since he's not declaring it publicly nobody expect Christlike manners from him, but a disciple made himself known publicly by getting baptized in the name of Jesus Christ before eyewitnesses who will go and tell all his families that he's now one of Jesus' disciples. So for the thief to have confessed Jesus as King means he already believe in him but kept it within himself all these while!

Disciples were the ones called Christians!

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by AkinwaleJJ(f): 7:48pm On Sep 21, 2020
shadeyinka:

No sir!
"And that none is justified in the law before God, is manifest: for, The just shall live of faith."
"still we know that a person is not justified by the Law of Moses, but rather through faith in Christ. we have trusted in Christ Jesus, so that we might be made right with God by trusting in Him and not by the requirements of the Law of Moses. Because by such law-compliance no one can be made right with God."

"because by the works of the Law none of all flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law [is] the knowledge of sin."

You said:
Reinstitution simply means stop doing what is evil by keeping away from dead works.

"Zaccheus stood up and said to the Lord, "Lord, see! Half of what I own I will give to poor people. And if I have taken money from anyone in a wrong way, I will pay him back four times as much .""

Sorry i'm a lady.
OK now i get you now Sir, we were talking about two different things
Restitution and Reinstitution

Restitution means a payback or compensation for someone's loss.
But Reinstitution means amending your ways after knowing that you're not getting something right.

There is no restitutional injunction in Christianity the only thing Christians do is reinstituting their minds over what they thought was OK before the coming of Christ!

2 Likes

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by DappaD: 8:25pm On Sep 21, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

Sorry i'm a lady.

But Reinstitution means amending your ways after knowing that you're not getting something right.

There is no restitutional injunction in Christianity the only thing Christians do is reinstituting their minds over what they thought was OK before the coming of Christ!

Are you completely sure of that? undecided
Because me my eye dey reach ground.
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by shadeyinka(m): 8:26pm On Sep 21, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

Sorry i'm a lady.

Sorry my bad! I thought you were a male.

You should have used a simpler English word. Reinstitution would mean the same as REPENTANCE. Interestingly, we arent saved by repentance too. Repentance is what happens when we CHOOSE to forsake our old ways. Like Judas repented of his betrayal of Jesus but it was a misplaced repentance for any repentance that is not backed up with following Christ is a wasted repentance.

How can one fully Reinstitute murder in form of abortion?
How can a man fully Reinstitute acts of RAPE?

I have two practical questions for you
1. Then, how can a Christian woman Reinstitute marrying an unbeliever? 2Cor2:14
2. And how can a new Christian man Reinstitute marrying 4 wives?

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by AkinwaleJJ(f): 8:27pm On Sep 21, 2020
shadeyinka:

Disciples were the ones called Christians!
Yes the unbelievers in Antioch gave them that name to mock or belittle them.
Disciples was more appropriate back then, but Jesus' disciples gladly welcome the new development since it makes their group stand out as all other groups were referred to as the disciples of Pharisees, Saddusees, Scribes, John only Jesus' disciples were vilified as Christians.
But within them they knew very well that it's not all of them that are true disciples, just as you and i can speak of millions of Christians out there but few disciples!

2 Likes

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by shadeyinka(m): 8:29pm On Sep 21, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

Yes the unbelievers in Antioch gave them that name to mock or belittle them.
Disciples was more appropriate back then, but Jesus' disciples gladly welcome the new development since it makes their group stand out as all other groups were referred to as the disciples of Pharisees, Saddusees, Scribes, John only Jesus' disciples were vilified as Christians.
But within them they knew very well that it's not all of them that are true disciples, just as you and i can speak of millions of Christians out there but few disciples!
So then, was that thief a disciple?

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by AkinwaleJJ(f): 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2020
DappaD:

Because me my eye dey reach ground.

Hmmm are you male or female?

2 Likes

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by AkinwaleJJ(f): 8:36pm On Sep 21, 2020
shadeyinka:

He treasured Christ's teachings in his heart making him a Christian but not ready to publicly declared it means he's not a disciple.

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by AkinwaleJJ(f): 8:53pm On Sep 21, 2020
shadeyinka:

Sorry my bad! I thought you were a male.

You should have used a simpler English word. Reinstitution would mean the same as REPENTANCE. Interestingly, we arent saved by repentance too. Repentance is what happens when we CHOOSE to forsake our old ways. Like Judas repented of his betrayal of Jesus but it was a misplaced repentance for any repentance that is not backed up with following Christ is a wasted repentance.
How can one fully Reinstitute murder in form of abortion?
How can a man fully Reinstitute acts of RAPE?

I have two practical questions for you
1. Then, how can a Christian woman Reinstitute marrying an unbeliever? 2Cor2:14
2. And how can a new Christian man Reinstitute marrying 4 wives?

It's the bolded that leads to forsaking our old ways, if you haven't repented of the wrongdoing you can't put on the new personality because you have to put away one before you can put on another. The only stupid thing Judas did was to commit suiside. That very night, all the disciples betrayed Jesus.
Reinstitution means readjusting your outlook.
Someone who felt abortion is a solution to his/her problem can reinstitute his mindset when he/she learnt that it's tantamount to murder.
A rapist can reinstitute his mindset when helping to prevent such in the society.
A Christian can reinstitute such unholy union by discouraging others, if the unbeliever want to stay he/she must continue to live with the mate.
A Christian who had more than one wife must stop sleeping with the other women if he wants to become a disciple (who will teach others about God's Kingdom)

2 Likes

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by DappaD: 8:54pm On Sep 21, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

You and I both know who you are Lol

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by AkinwaleJJ(f): 8:57pm On Sep 21, 2020
DappaD:

You and I both know who you are Lol

You are my brother!

2 Likes

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by MuttleyLaff: 9:16pm On Sep 21, 2020
shadeyinka:
No sir!

You said:

"Zaccheus stood up and said to the Lord, "Lord, see! Half of what I own I will give to poor people. And if I have taken money from anyone in a wrong way, I will pay him back four times as much "

AkinwaleJJ:
Sorry i'm a lady.

DappaD:
Because me my eye dey reach ground

AkinwaleJJ:

DappaD:
You and I both know who you are grin
Make it three that know who AkinwaleJJ is, because, my eyes as well, reach and dey for that ground too.

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by shadeyinka(m): 9:20pm On Sep 21, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

He treasured Christ's teachings in his heart making him a Christian but not ready to publicly declared it means he's not a disciple.
Not really!
A Disciple (follower/apprentice of Christ) is called Christian ("Little Christs"wink
One cannot be a Christian and not be a Disciple neither can one be a Disciple and not be a Christian. It is however possible to have a pseudo disciple or a pseudo Christian.

Not everyone who heard Jesus messages were ready to believe or follow him. The "good thief" probably was of this group. At the Cross, he had a conviction of his sin and of the nature of Christ. He asked and he was given!
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by AkinwaleJJ(f): 9:26pm On Sep 21, 2020
shadeyinka:

Not really!
A Disciple (follower/apprentice of Christ) is called Christian ("Little Christs"wink
One cannot be a Christian and not be a Disciple neither can one be a Disciple and not be a Christian. It is however possible to have a pseudo disciple or a pseudo Christian.

Not everyone who heard Jesus messages were ready to believe or follow him. The "good thief" probably was of this group. At the Cross, he had a conviction of his sin and of the nature of Christ. He asked and he was given!

True believers don't follow the definition given by unbelievers.
Ask an atheist who a Christian is and you'll be shocked at the response.
But it's OK if that's the way you want it!

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by MuttleyLaff: 9:49pm On Sep 21, 2020
shadeyinka:

AkinwaleJJ:
"9If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord,"
and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10For it is by our faith that we are put right with God; it is by our confession that we are saved.
11 The scripture says, “Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed.”
12This includes everyone, because there is no difference between Jews and Gentiles;
(whether you're JW or not JW, lmso)
God is the same Lord of all and richly blesses all who call to Him.
13 As the scripture says, “Everyone who calls out to the Lord for help will be saved.”
"
- Romans 10:9-13

"32Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men,
I will also confess him before My Father in heaven.
33But whoever denies Me before men,
I will also deny him before My Father in heaven
"
- Matthew 10:32-33

"Go, then, to all peoples everywhere and make them My disciples:"
- Matthew 28:19a

The thief on the RHS of the cross Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ was hung on, publicly with his mouth confessed and this coming from believing in his heart that Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ is his Lord and Saviour, who has a kingdom at the other side of this short side of eternity, and so pleaded that Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ should remember him once He lands in His kingdom

"39Then one of the criminals who were hanged blasphemed Him, saying,
“If You are the Christ, save Yourself and us.”
40But the other, answering, rebuked him, saying,
“Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation?
41And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong.”
42Then he said to Jesus, “Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.”
43And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”
"
- Luke 23:39-43

The thief on the RHS of the cross Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ was hung on, didnt only tick the Romans 10:9 and Matthew 10:32 boxes, but he also ticked the Matthew 28:19 discipline/disciplining box too, when at Luke 23:40-41, he rebuked the other criminal/thief to be reasonable and see correct sense, and so dying, not just only saved, but died, a disciple too.

2 Likes

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by Elizersalifu(f): 10:21pm On Sep 21, 2020
HeavenlyHolines:
In the case of Zacchaeus, Paul when intervening in the case between Onesimus and Philemon, Paul when he insulted the chief high priest. They did restitution which a true mark of repentance. Restitution is making wrong right for past or present deeds It can be a various form depending on what has been done. It shows u have truly repented. u can't steal someone pen and u say u r born again n the pen is still with u. U will have to return back. Just as confession of sin is not justify, so repentance without restitution (if u have any) is true conversion.
In the new testament, the Apostles fully understand Christ's teaching on marriage, divorce, polygamy etc. and so they were very careful not to entertain such unlike what you have in the old testament which was the Mosaic law. As a Christian, it's one man and one wife not wives and that is why the bible said 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. that means d old tradition and lifestyle or practiced of the world should be clearly done away. U can't see Christian (born again) man born n call of God in the new testament with wives. Shalom

Cross testamental application of scriptures is what you are doing here.

2 Likes

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by Elizersalifu(f): 10:32pm On Sep 21, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

This case could only be resolved if we understand the role of "Christ" in the redemption of mankind. The standard God set for marriage in the beginning was one Adam and one Eve, the nudity was due to their being alone as a couple. Both were like newly born babies who need to study each other closely before they can grasp the use of their sensual organs, thus God created the couple and left them naked. You may ask a newly wedded couple (both virgin) if they'll put on any clothing while they're both alone in their apartment.
Jesus made us understand so many things that often irritates God but which he permitted until the Christ comes to enlighten us. For instance
1) Hatred for our Enemies
2) Cursing those who curse us in return
3) Calling down evil on mockers of God's word
4) Worship attached to geographical location
5) Me first attitude regarding divine blessing
6) Nepotism
7) Political ambitions
cool Admiring other opposite sex after marriage
9) Vengeance

All these are things God overlooked before Christ arrived, so it became difficult for most Jews to accept Jesus' teachings because they never thought servants of God were blemish in anyway, but those who recognize Jesus as the Messiah (Christ) reluctantly agreed despite finding it hard to abide. They just feel they're going to get use to his teachings if they don't give up on him.

Of course we need to make amendments once we realized that one way or the other we're found wanting by the teachings of Christ. Though God doesn't expect us to be swift about it yet we must agree to frown at such thing and be willing to make reinstitution if possible. So all the children a polygamist had are his blood but the woman who came to rival Eve he must stop sleeping with her. Both of them must bear the consequences of such for the sake of Paradise where one Adam and one Eve is the standard.

God has joined a man to the woman the very first day they had sex, the appearance before witnesses is just a formality. Don't forget that they both consented to having each other so when they call the community to witness their solemnization it's just a merry making. So when they now want to face the real life in Christ, that's when they begin to cleanse themselves from all unrighteousness (including multiple partners)

Head knowledge built on the doctrines of men!

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by shadeyinka(m): 7:31am On Sep 22, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

True believers don't follow the definition given by unbelievers.
Ask an atheist who a Christian is and you'll be shocked at the response.
But it's OK if that's the way you want it!
Since my assumption is that you are of Christ, then my definition is appropriate.

That thief became a disciple and a Christian while on the cross.
Evidence:
He was arrested for armed robbery (the Romans don't execute petty criminals by crucifixion). If he was a disciple, he would not be caught in armed robbery. He couldn't have been a Christian because only a disciple can be called a Christian. There was even no Christian till after the resurrection of Christ

A Christian is one who has the spirit of Christ.
Rom 8:9:
"But you are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

When did Nicodemus become a Christian? Before he came to Jesus at night or after?
When did the Cornelius become a Christian? Before or after Peter came to him?
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by AkinwaleJJ(f): 8:12am On Sep 22, 2020
shadeyinka:

Since my assumption is that you are of Christ, then my definition is appropriate.

That thief became a disciple and a Christian while on the cross.
Evidence:
He was arrested for armed robbery (the Romans don't execute petty criminals by crucifixion). If he was a disciple, he would not be caught in armed robbery. He couldn't have been a Christian because only a disciple can be called a Christian. There was even no Christian till after the resurrection of Christ

A Christian is one who has the spirit of Christ.
Rom 8:9:
"But you are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

When did Nicodemus become a Christian? Before he came to Jesus at night or after?
When did the Cornelius become a Christian? Before or after Peter came to him?

If you already have preconceived answers, why then do you keep asking? undecided

I've told you what i understood by Disciples and Christians, as for Nicodemus and Cornelius, both searched for Jesus Nicodemus physically searched for Jesus while Cornelius searched spiritually for the truth. That makes both of them Christians already, but if they must become his disciples then they need to be baptized publicly in his name!
There are billions of Christians today because they believe in Jesus name but they're not his disciples because they've not decided to live by his rules. Think of the soldier that supervised Jesus' execution he became a Christian when he said "surely this was God's Son" but he need to become one of his disciples before God can acknowledge him. The thief believe in Jesus but never joined his group as one of his disciples!
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by nsiba: 10:37am On Sep 22, 2020
psucc:
Nothing is tough about it. He was ignorant then so he did it. Now that he has come to repentance, he is under obligation to keep them so long as they are also willing to keep him.

The only other side to it is that he should not aspire to any office in the Church.

Mister if you don't know what to say simply shush you mouth
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by Ken4Christ: 1:23pm On Sep 22, 2020
mhiztaNexy:
Good morning everyone, please i have this question that i really want you guys to answer.

We all know the bible advised and encouraged one wife one husband. If a muslim with three wives converts to a christian, is he going to continue with them?, how is he going to cope, knowing his wives might not convert,the bible doesn't encourage divorce and he has to actively be a man in every aspect (you know what i mean smiley)

The wives remain his wives. What about Saints of old that married more than one wife. Where do you want him to send the others to. Even if they were twenty wives, he will still remain married to them as long as they were legally married.

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by shadeyinka(m): 4:35pm On Sep 22, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

If you already have preconceived answers, why then do you keep asking? undecided

I've told you what i understood by Disciples and Christians, as for Nicodemus and Cornelius, both searched for Jesus Nicodemus physically searched for Jesus while Cornelius searched spiritually for the truth. That makes both of them Christians already, but if they must become his disciples then they need to be baptized publicly in his name!
There are billions of Christians today because they believe in Jesus name but they're not his disciples because they've not decided to live by his rules. Think of the soldier that supervised Jesus' execution he became a Christian when he said "surely this was God's Son" but he need to become one of his disciples before God can acknowledge him. The thief believe in Jesus but never joined his group as one of his disciples!
There is no iota of evidence that the thief was a disciple before his crucifiction on the cross with Jesus. We may even argue that a disciple of Christ will not go doing armed robbery.

But from his words on the cross, we can say he became a disciple when he opened up his mouth to ask "Remember me when you get to your kingdom".
Rom 10:10
10 For with your heart you believe and are justified, and with your mouth you confess and are saved.

Those words were most likely inspired by God for even at this point, one of the core disciples Thomas could not believe that death is victory for Christ.

Your definition of a Christian is not precise.
A Christian is a disciple first. Was Cornelius a disciple? obviously no! until he met Peter.
A Christian has the Spirit of Christ in him
If anyone does not have the spirit of Christ in him, such is not a Christian.

I believe you know the parable of the wheat and tares. Tares look like wheat but they aren't. It is one thing to call oneself a Christian , it is another to be a Christian.
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by Righteousness89(m): 7:17pm On Sep 22, 2020
mhiztaNexy:
Good morning everyone, please i have this question that i really want you guys to answer.

We all know the bible advised and encouraged one wife one husband. If a muslim with three wives converts to a christian, is he going to continue with them?, how is he going to cope, knowing his wives might not convert,the bible doesn't encourage divorce and he has to actively be a man in every aspect (you know what i mean smiley)

Nothing is to much to do For the Salvation of your Soul..

The 2nd and 3rd women are Concubines. They are not His Wife.

See Matthew 19. What is God is Male and Female.
Not Male and Females
Males and Female.

One Man one wife..

He has to Send the 2nd and 3rd to their Respective Parents..

He visits the Parents with his Pastor or Spiritual Guide and Let them know His Reasons. He also needs to Settle them.

The Children are His Children! So he may not send them away.

That is True Salvation..

2 Likes

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by psucc(m): 7:39pm On Sep 22, 2020
[quote author=nsiba post=94186469].

Mister if you don't know what to say simply shush you mouth[/q
And this is from a Christian and probably, a Pastor.
There Bible is there.
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by HeavenlyHolines(m): 10:49pm On Sep 22, 2020
My brother, thank you ooo. I wonder the kind of doctrine Christians developed these days. I have tried to convince them about these same issue and restitution but all to no avail. That is why these days,u find many online pastor supporting divorce and remarriage on social media using the doctrine of 'God's love' to mislead people that is God is so kind and loving, he will overlook this and that. We use be careful with the way we counsel people on social media.
There was an argument one time about a Christian marrying a Muslim and many so called Christian were saying it doesn't matter if love is there. I had to chat with the guy privately and yanked that wrong doctrine from him. Thank God he accepted. God will help us. Shalom
Righteousness89:

Not Male and Females
Males and Female.

One Man one wife..

He visits the Parents with his Pastor or Spiritual Guide and Let them know His Reasons. He also needs to Settle them.

That is True Salvation..
Righteousness89:

Not Male and Females
Males and Female.

One Man one wife..

That is True Salvation..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by madegreatbygrace(m): 9:41am On Sep 23, 2020
[quote author=HeavenlyHolines post=94204529]My brother, thank you ooo. I wonder the kind of doctrine Christians developed these days. I have tried to convince them about these same issue and restitution but all to no avail. That is why these days,u find many online pastor supporting divorce and remarriage on social media using the doctrine of 'God's love' to mislead people that is God is so kind and loving, he will overlook this and that. We use be careful with the way we counsel people on social media.
There was an argument one time about a Christian marrying a Muslim and many so called Christian were saying it doesn't matter if love is there. I had to chat with the guy privately and yanked that wrong doctrine from him. Thank God he accepted. God will help us. Shalom

The problem some christians have while interpreting the Bible is their failure to apply the rule of context, while also ignoring the audience to which the instruction is meant for.

Many years ago, my sister had some men requesting to marry her. All these men were Christians except one that was a Muslim. To everyone’s surprise she chose the Muslim. When asked the reason for her choice, she told us it was God that made the choice for her.

She told us she heard the voice of the Lord clearly. Fast forward 28 years after, the one that was a Muslim is now a Spirit-filled minister of God.

I’m sure if my sister was your sister, you would have quoted the following verse to her when she made that decision.

Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?”
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭6:14‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

This is the summary of the whole thing:

Don’t be so dogmatic that you ignore the voice of the Spirit.

Shalom!
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by AkinwaleJJ(f): 10:11am On Sep 23, 2020
shadeyinka:

There is no iota of evidence that the thief was a disciple before his crucifiction on the cross with Jesus. We may even argue that a disciple of Christ will not go doing armed robbery.

But from his words on the cross, we can say he became a disciple when he opened up his mouth to ask "Remember me when you get to your kingdom".
Rom 10:10
10 For with your heart you believe and are justified, and with your mouth you confess and are saved.

Those words were most likely inspired by God for even at this point, one of the core disciples Thomas could not believe that death is victory for Christ.

Your definition of a Christian is not precise.
A Christian is a disciple first. Was Cornelius a disciple? obviously no! until he met Peter.
A Christian has the Spirit of Christ in him
If anyone does not have the spirit of Christ in him, such is not a Christian.

I believe you know the parable of the wheat and tares. Tares look like wheat but they aren't. It is one thing to call oneself a Christian , it is another to be a Christian.

There is no need to argue over this, if you feel OK with what you believe, please preach and teach as a disciple. I'll also do the same thing, i've explained myself.

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by psucc(m): 11:52am On Sep 23, 2020
HeavenlyHolines:
Philemon 1:18 If he hath wronged thee, or oweth thee ought, put that on mine account; 1:19 I Paul have written it with mine own hand, I will repay it: albeit I do not say to thee how thou owest unto me even thine own self besides. Thanks and God bless u
Sir, Paul's plea for Onisemus was not meant for restitution. Read it again. It was humanly impossible for Philemon to forgive Onisemus or believe his conversion to Christianity, hence Paul has to sign surety and if you read the concluding part of v.19, you discover that it was not necessary for Philemon to get whatever from Onisemus since himself also being a debtor to Paul.

Let's not put a yoke on the brethren for it was enough that Christ died(paid whatever debt{sin} we owed).

I you look at the account of Jesus' encounter with the people he healed, "go and sin no more" was the Hallmark. Nothing like restitution.
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by psucc(m): 11:58am On Sep 23, 2020
[quote author=madegreatbygrace post=94157818][/quote]Zacheaus issue? We should learn to read the Bible and not just pick what we are told.

The visit of Jesus to his house brought him salvation. In response/appreciation, Zacheaus appreciated God by making the vow "I will restore". There is indication that Christ ordered or insinuate that he do restitution.

The salvation is complete and no string attached.
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by Danniey: 12:08pm On Sep 23, 2020
psucc:
Nothing is tough about it. He was ignorant then so he did it. Now that he has come to repentance, he is under obligation to keep them so long as they are also willing to keep him.

The only other side to it is that he should not aspire to any office in the Church.

but white garment church heads marry more than one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Former Winners Chapel Pastor Korede Komaiya Now Flies In Private Jet / The Inspiring Story Of The Gospel Musician, Frank Edwards / CHRISTIANITY Vs Islam Which Is Older??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.