Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,979 members, 7,817,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby (10946 Views)

Help! Is It A Terrible Idea To Drive From Lagos To Calabar? / Parking Revenges: These Terrible Drivers Got What They Deserved / My Terrible Experience With Copart Shipping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by noble71(m): 7:32am On Sep 29, 2020
madgoat:

Even if Luvinhubby lost someone, does that warrant keeping quiet and not refunding or replacing the transmission since July? The OP that spent his hard earned money on transmission but ended up getting rubbish would not have been able to use his car since July.
Abeg lets call a spade a spade. Luvinhubby scammed the OP.
Let not quickly attach the word "Scam" to someone until we hear from both parties. It's a business gone wrong. Luvinhubby last seen is on 20th of September. Let wait and hear from him first.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by eRex(m): 8:21am On Sep 29, 2020
SoadAutos:
I bought a transmission for an Honda Accord 2001 model from Luvinhubby July 27, 2020. I made it clear to him that I wanted transmission for an American specs.
Instead of the spec I requested for, he sent me the Europe version and this was evident from the gear seat that came with the transmission. I installed the transmission next day and it was not shifting and he was informed same day.
After so many talk from him to buy time we concluded that he will replace the transmission. I kept calling him ever since that time & he kept giving excuses like am out of town, am attending to burial etc.
Sadly he stopped picking my calls or responding to my messages.
What made it very sad is that I have been buying products from him since 2018 and I wonder how a man that claim to have integrity suddenly turn around to act this way.
Am presenting this on a public media like this to give him (Luvinhubby) the privilege to redeem his image if truly I misinterpreted his status.

Please what's the difference between American babyboy gear and Europe's own...

Or are you referring to the Adidas.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by calculation(m): 9:11am On Sep 29, 2020
nakoks:
Haven spoken to Luvinhubby ,i just recalled the various sides to a story.OP side,Luvinghubby side and the middle ground.He is actually in the village .Lets wait for his side.
Thanks for this step you took to settle the issue. We await the seller for his own story.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by madgoat(m): 3:02pm On Sep 29, 2020
noble71:

Let not quickly attach the word "Scam" to someone until we hear from both parties. It's a business gone wrong. Luvinhubby last seen is on 20th of September. Let wait and hear from him first.

Abeg call a spade a spade. No need to sugar coat it. We are where we are in Nigeria because we always sugar-coat what is bad. Luvinhubby was last seen on NL, the same day the OP made the post. He should have had the decency to have replied the OP or even send him msgs since the OP said he has not been picking pr responding to his msgs. Even if he is in the village, he can send msgs and not keep mute.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by Elsueno: 3:25pm On Sep 29, 2020
nakoks:

Internet on all networks does not cover the whole south east or remote villages .Don't always feel someone is lying.

Lol. even in the north east there is hardly any village without network, except ones waay deep inside sambisa. And we all know the occupants of those villages grin

Tell luving dude to send an SMS or flash the op three times so we go know what's up grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by nakoks(m): 3:32pm On Sep 29, 2020
Elsueno:

Lol. even in the north east there is hardly any village without network, except ones waay deep inside sambisa. And we all know the occupants of those villages grin

Tell luving dude to send an SMS or flash the op three times so we go know what's up grin

I will continue resisting the urge to "shalaye" ........we will all wait for him to tell his side
Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by Rumplesteelskin: 8:51pm On Sep 29, 2020
SoadAutos:
I bought a transmission for an Honda Accord 2001 model from Luvinhubby July 27, 2020. I made it clear to him that I wanted transmission for an American specs.
Instead of the spec I requested for, he sent me the Europe version and this was evident from the gear seat that came with the transmission. I installed the transmission next day and it was not shifting and he was informed same day.
After so many talk from him to buy time we concluded that he will replace the transmission. I kept calling him ever since that time & he kept giving excuses like am out of town, am attending to burial etc.
Sadly he stopped picking my calls or responding to my messages.
What made it very sad is that I have been buying products from him since 2018 and I wonder how a man that claim to have integrity suddenly turn around to act this way.
Am presenting this on a public media like this to give him (Luvinhubby) the privilege to redeem his image if truly I misinterpreted his status.

That's his doing. I had the same experience with him a while back when I ordered for o2 sensor. I took my time to give him the detailed description of what I need but he ended up sending another one that still didn't work. Much back and forth on phone and WhatsApp, I even opened a thread then, but later closed it because I don't have that strength. I hope that he will do the needful with your case. It's not a pleasant experience.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by searchng4love: 9:52pm On Sep 29, 2020
Rumplesteelskin:

That's his doing. I had the same experience with him a while back when I ordered for o2 sensor. I took my time to give him the detailed description of what I need but he ended up sending another one that still didn't work. Much back and forth on phone and WhatsApp, I even opened a thread then, but later closed it because I don't have that strength. I hope that he will do the needful with your case. It's not a pleasant experience.
Oh no not again

3 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by Elsueno: 11:20pm On Sep 29, 2020
Rumplesteelskin:

nakoks sir , did you read the above, this is the third person that is showing us the true color of ur mentor. I just can't unsee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by weyreypey: 6:28am On Sep 30, 2020
Elsueno:

nakoks sir , did you read the above, this is the third person that is showing us the true color of ur mentor. I just can't unsee
Nakoks sire...shift back.... Stay your lane...dey your dey

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by Eboski(m): 1:57pm On Oct 02, 2020
Hmmm the one that wanted to die for him as run out of thread.

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by weyreypey: 5:56pm On Oct 02, 2020
Eboski:
Hmmm
the one that wanted to die for him as run out of thread.
We're watching. Nakoks is involved as guarantee.

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by JUO(m): 6:26pm On Oct 02, 2020
Has he responded?
Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by weyreypey: 7:18pm On Oct 02, 2020
JUO:
Has he responded?
Nope. Not yet

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by luvinhubby(m): 8:04pm On Oct 02, 2020
Just got back to town after being away for 5weeks doing a project in my village and couldn't respond because of poor and erratic data coverage in my hometown. Sincerely appreciate everyone that called and sent chats concerning this to me.

All baby boy 4 cylinder engine use the same gearbox, both America and Europe spec, the only ones different is the UK spec and V6.

If gears have issues after being sold, a trusted rewire is sourced by dealer to rectify it and in the event that it cannot be rectified, a replacement is made upon returning the former gear or a refund if no other one available.
Services of reliable gear rewire was turned down twice and gear speed sensors requested by op which was sent to him.
Called my attention late August that he wants a replacement and was not ready to return the previous one which is NOT a norm in auto parts transactions globally. Was willing to do that but told the op it can only be done when i am personally around and asked him to call me on the weekend to see if am back.
Saw a text from him instead calling me a criminal who intends to defraud him and as matter of principle, i don't respond to offensive communications in transactions.

Will need the op to point out the criminal intent observed by him in all my transactions with him within the next 24hrs, if he does so successfully, i will refund the 85k plus and additional 15k to him and post the transaction details here. If not, i will strictly enforce the market conditions of gear transactions on this transaction.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by nakoks(m): 8:16pm On Oct 02, 2020
weyreypey:

Nope. Not yet
He has responded o .......make una gather
Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by nakoks(m): 8:18pm On Oct 02, 2020
luvinhubby:
Just got back to town after being away for 5weeks doing a project in my village and couldn't respond because of poor and erratic data coverage in my hometown. Sincerely appreciate everyone that called and sent chats concerning this to me.

All baby boy 4 cylinder engine use the same gearbox, both America and Europe spec, the only ones different is the UK spec and V6.

If gears have issues after being sold, a trusted rewire is sourced by dealer to rectify it and in the event that it cannot be rectified, a replacement is made upon returning the former gear or a refund if no other one available.
Services of reliable gear rewire was turned down twice and gear speed sensors requested by op which was sent to him.
Called my attention late August that he wants a replacement and was not ready to return the previous one which is NOT a norm in auto parts transactions globally. Was willing to do that but told the op it can only be done when i am personally around and asked him to call me on the weekend to see if am back.
Saw a text from him instead calling me a criminal who intends to defraud him and as matter of principle, i don't respond to offensive communications in transactions.

Will need the op to point out the criminal intent observed by him in all my transactions with him within the next 24hrs, if he does so successfully, i will refund the 85k plus and additional 15k to him and post the transaction details here. If not, i will strictly enforce the market conditions of gear transactions on this transaction.

If the bolded are not denied by the OP ,weyreypey cast your stone
Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by weyreypey: 8:19pm On Oct 02, 2020
nakoks:

He has responded o .......make una gather
Don't call me... until the response is robust. Plenty higi Haga therein.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by nakoks(m): 8:22pm On Oct 02, 2020
weyreypey:

Don't call me... until the response is robust. Plenty higi Haga therein.

lol which one be higi haga now in this odoriferous saga
Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by Kingdemu: 9:37pm On Oct 02, 2020
luvinhubby:

Did you say you were even willing to give a new gearbox without being sent the first one you sent? That is a pure lie Sir. No dealer will do that. Not even the same you that was once called out on a defective part you sold and your defence was that you do not issue refund for a defective part that has not been returned to your shop (I read that in a thread you were called out some years back). And for your information, if I were in OP's shoes I will also reject you repairing something I bought new from you. Who does that? How can I buy something and it turned out to be defective and instead of it to be replaced or I get refunded, you'll now tell me to carry it to a Kazeem you recommend to fix? If I were willing to go with a defective gearbox in the first instance, I would've jeyjeyly taken my own spoilt gearbox to a repairer and not a supposed good replacement I purchased. Moreover, we are talking about you sending the wrong gearbox and not a defective one so I really dunno which one you're saying the OP refused the gearbox to be repaired.

16 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by weyreypey: 10:48pm On Oct 02, 2020
Kingdemu:
Did you say you were even willing to give a new gearbox without being sent the first one you sent? That is a pure lie Sir. No dealer will do that. Not even the same you that was once called out on a defective part you sold and your defence was that you do not issue refund for a defective part that has not been returned to your shop (I read that in a thread you were called out some years back). And for your information, if I were in OP's shoes I will also reject you repairing something I bought new from you. Who does that? How can I buy something and it turned out to be defective and instead of it to be replaced or I get refunded, you'll now tell me to carry it to a Kazeem you recommend to fix? If I were willing to go with a defective gearbox in the first instance, I would've jeyjeyly taken my own spoilt gearbox to a repairer and not a supposed good replacement I purchased. Moreover, we are talking about you sending the wrong gearbox and not a defective one so I really dunno which one you're saying the OP refused the gearbox to be repaired.
Leave the incoherent talks... he'll come clean when ready

2 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by Elsueno: 11:45pm On Oct 02, 2020
If I say I want a blue 406 prestige from Europe
YOU MUST SEND ME A BLUE 406 PRESTIGE from Europe, NoT GREEN, BLACK OR WHITE & certainly not the one From China, Japan or Nigeria.

Always give a customer exactly what he/she wants. Unless you convince them otherwise and they ACCEPT!

9 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by weyreypey: 11:50pm On Oct 02, 2020
Elsueno:
If I say I want a blue 406 prestige from Europe
YOU MUST SEND ME A BLUE 406 PRESTIGE from Europe, NoT GREEN, BLACK OR WHITE & certainly not the one From China, Japan or Nigeria.

Always give a customer exactly what he/she wants. Unless you convince them otherwise and they ACCEPT!
well said

5 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by homeboy205: 7:18am On Oct 03, 2020
luvinhubby:

I was expecting an explanation longer than this, but what do I know cry cry

2 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by SoadAutos: 9:39am On Oct 03, 2020
luvinhubby:

Mr Roland, good that you're responding and in a public space.
The gear box you send to me is UK...and I told you this...and you agree to change the said gear box.
Your submission on the spec is wrong...there is America, Japan and Europe. UK is Europe.

That I will send the UK transmission after the replacement was agreed upon, and I gave you my reason....the stress of removing and packing the vehicle back before receiving the replacement. If you have insisted on me sending it first as a condition I would have simply done that.
The rewire you plan to send to me discuss with me and as a technical person in automobile industry it was clear he do not understand why he is coming and mind you am meant to pay the rewire ure sending the sum of 20,000 in advance...who does that?
The vehicle that the gear box is meant for is my personal car and does not have a wiring problem.
At what point did our relationship go sour? ...it was when you stopped picking my calls and stop responding to my SMS even when I called at the agreed time.
Why will I call you and you will not pick and I will ask a friend to call you within 5 mins and you will pick, there was even a time you return a missed call from a friend....put yourself in my shoes...what do you expect me to think. This is Nigeria where lawlessness is the order of the day.
I will suspect a criminal intent when you stop communicating with me and there is an outstanding transaction between us. When you tell me you're in the village for burial and you will tell my friends a different thing. In one instance I even called you with my sister's number and you picked and in hearing my voice you stopped talking.

16 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by SoadAutos: 10:01am On Oct 03, 2020
luvinhubby:

Find below SMS sent to you that I still have on my phone and you did not respond to

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by weyreypey: 10:51am On Oct 03, 2020
SoadAutos:

Mr Roland, good that you're responding and in a public space.
The gear box you send to me is UK...and I told you this...and you agree to change the said gear box.
Your submission on the spec is wrong...there is America, Japan and Europe. UK is Europe.

That I will send the UK transmission after the replacement was agreed upon, and I gave you my reason....the stress of removing and packing the vehicle back before receiving the replacement. If you have insisted on me sending it first as a condition I would have simply done that.
The rewire you plan to send to me discuss with me and as a technical person in automobile industry it was clear he do not understand why he is coming and mind you am meant to pay the rewire ure sending the sum of 20,000 in advance...who does that?
The vehicle that the gear box is meant for is my personal car and does not have a wiring problem.
At what point did our relationship go sour? ...it was when you stopped picking my calls and stop responding to my SMS even when I called at the agreed time.
Why will I call you and you will not pick and I will ask a friend to call you within 5 mins and you will pick, there was even a time you return a missed call from a friend....put yourself in my shoes...what do you expect me to think. This is Nigeria where lawlessness is the order of the day.
I will suspect a criminal intent when you stop communicating with me and there is an outstanding transaction between us. When you tell me you're in the village for burial and you will tell my friends a different thing. In one instance I even called you with my sister's number and you picked and in hearing my voice you stopped talking.

Nakoks sire are you in this together?
Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by weyreypey: 10:58am On Oct 03, 2020
luvinhubby:

I spoke with you on a Wednesday, asked you to call me back towards the weekend before you sent the offensive text.
If you ask someone to pretentiously call and ask me if am in the shop, i will answer in the affirmative because this has become a norm since markets open alternatively after the lock down, people call to find out if we are open before coming and since my boy is there, the answer will be yes but if you request to see me personally like some do, i will tell you my whereabouts.

UK spec baby boy, the one we call Adidas is unique, like we have in the model before that is referred to as Bulldog and UK spec is called Tiger face, their gears can never fit into US or European spec, there engines are different, it can only fit a Rover75.

The rewire i sent to you requested for 15k wiith 2k as his transport fare and his payments are made after fixing the problem, no rewire collects his fare before fixing an issue.

On principle, i don't respond to offensive or vile chats or calls as they lead to more vile languages, you conveniently avoided pasting the full body of last sms to me.

My statement still stands, point out in ALL our transactions any point i displayed criminal intention to cheat.
Rowland. This is not good for you. Kindly resolve asap.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by luvinhubby(m): 11:12am On Oct 03, 2020
weyreypey:

Rowland. This is not good for you. Kindly resolve asap.

Already stated my terms for resolution, trying to lay all facts bare
Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by weyreypey: 11:27am On Oct 03, 2020
luvinhubby:

State it clearly here.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by madgoat(m): 2:01pm On Oct 03, 2020
luvinhubby:

Baba return the OP's money and leave story. You have messed up. Accept you are wrong and stop trying to save face. So the OP should have paid 20K to a rewire u are sending because u sent a wrong/defective gearbox. The more you are explaining, the more it sounds silly and the more people are digging up bad business deals by you. You have bad business/communication relationship with clients or maybe its just arrogance because you have popularity on NL. Its evident from the three scenarios posted by different people here that you are not as clean as you make yourself seem.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Traffic Violations In Lagos State Attract Ridiculous Fines / How Can One Use The Tiptronic Gear Transmission?? / Driving Schools In Lagos: Someone Help Me Out Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.