Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby (10948 Views)

Help! Is It A Terrible Idea To Drive From Lagos To Calabar? / Parking Revenges: These Terrible Drivers Got What They Deserved / My Terrible Experience With Copart Shipping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by debowale2015(m): 12:50pm On Oct 04, 2020
Oga you cannot do anything personal or in person with the OP outside this forum because it's already a public issue. Whatever you want to do to resolve the issue, say it openly here and do it as you have said.

Nobody is bigger than the law and it's obvious here that witnesses are against you.

I have met you in person before at Oyingbo and the way you instructed your boy to accompany me to a reliable rewire you recommended for me was well appreciated then.

If you don't solve this OP issue, your image will be dent and remember you never can tell how wide this ll go.

For me as a person, I can't deal business with you or recommend you for someone if issues like these are lingering on all auto fora.

Just satisfy the OP or return his money even if it's at your loss.

6 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by madgoat(m): 1:08pm On Oct 04, 2020
ClickSis:
I hate to do this but here is a screenshot of the SMS I sent to Roland in March after he gave me a defective steering rack.

Just as OP stated, he stopped answering my calls (with claims of travelling to the village and taking his child for an exam) but rather advised his boy to engage a Kazeem to fix the leak on the purchased item and I was to bear the cost. This was after he had earlier given me the wrong part which I had to return.

Who does that please?

Check my message once again, I've moved on but that money can't be beneficial to you.

I decided not to create a thread about my experience but dropped this message due to those against the OP.

Cheers

Unbelievable.... another bad deal revealed. So many skeletons coming to light. Na wah for this luvinhubby. Its good we are seeing all this.

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by weyreypey: 1:13pm On Oct 04, 2020
Hello nakoks

6 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by foolbuster: 1:28pm On Oct 04, 2020
SoadAutos:

Roland what vile messages are you talking about.
Am clear about what I send to you thru SMS and thru this Nairaland platform and my point is simple if your act is a scam then you will not go unpunished. I don't need to tell anyone there is a God that Judges every act, HIS Court is greater than the highest court in the land and when HE declare a punishment it will certainly come to pass.
The deepest thoughts of every man are known to HIM (GOD) you can come to Nairaland and say what you choose to say. What I say or what you say does not matter to God....The actual truth is what God will place HIS judgement by and I simply submit to HIS judgment.
Safe yourself from the problem and do the needful or continue the bold face and face the music. Life is too short and precious for someone to engage in fights unnecessarily.
Once my car is fine I'll move on.

I'm just curious. Why have you not sent back the transmission since you said its useless and you have not driven the car ever since?

2 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by Elsueno: 1:35pm On Oct 04, 2020
weyreypey:
Hello nakoks
Lol grin grin
Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by Omotakins(m): 1:36pm On Oct 04, 2020
luvinhubby:

Sam, this transaction was started under an atmosphere of trust and harmony between us personally & not here and i committed myself to it wholeheartedly and still do and that much you know. Everything that needed to be done i did and still intend to do.
Your turn in manner of communication necessitated the posture i adopted and anytime you return to how we started, i will equally do the same and make sure you have a functional vehicle and gear.
you are so blatant with your arrogance and your show of it is nauseating. You only messed up your image in a twinkle of an eye. I did think you were one of the few reliable ones. The thought that I almost had a dealing with you gave me a shivering feeling. I waited patiently to see what your response would be;really embarrassing they were.

9 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by Eboski(m): 3:14pm On Oct 04, 2020
luvinhubby:

Sam, this transaction was started under an atmosphere of trust and harmony between us personally & not here and i committed myself to it wholeheartedly and still do and that much you know. Everything that needed to be done i did and still intend to do.
Your turn in manner of communication necessitated the posture i adopted and anytime you return to how we started, i will equally do the same and make sure you have a functional vehicle and gear.

Oga, return the Op money back, many where here before you came to narrate your own side of the business,
but I believe they must have disappointed in you.

Why did you collect his money at first when you know you don't have the gearbox the op requested from you and you decided to send him your own specification?

You are losing clients here and many clients are coming out to testify your bad business with them,
isn't good for a businessman because surely you will lose client here,

Call the Op and return his money, and op don't collect any gearbox from him..
my own contribution.

5 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by weyreypey: 3:46pm On Oct 04, 2020
Eboski:

Oga, return the Op money back, many where here before you came to narrate your own side of the business,

Why did you collect his money at first when you know you don't have the gearbox the op requested from you and you decided to send him your own specification?

You are losing clients here and many clients are coming out to testify your bad business with them,

my own contribution.
Nakoks sire read this

2 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by nakoks(m): 3:53pm On Oct 04, 2020
weyreypey:

Nakoks sire read this
Oga stop calling me,I don't follow bandwagon to give a dog a bad name to hang it.People have had bad experiences good for them.I only had one transaction on oil and was satisfied.I look at matters objectively.

2 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by nakoks(m): 3:55pm On Oct 04, 2020
Eboski:

my own contribution.
Well said.

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by lilkech(m): 4:01pm On Oct 04, 2020
Luvinhubby, you know deep within yourself that you’re bigger than this wahala.

You’re the person I’ve been buying my Honda parts from for years. Please don’t go the way of those who failed before you from this website.

This is the internet and from the narrative here you’re standing at the edge of a cliff. A little shove can send your brand tumbling into the mud.

Believe me, greater brands have been soiled for lesser reasons. I’ve been here and seen it all.

Please try to find a middle ground with the op ASAP. This particular publicity is a bad type for you no matter what way you’re looking at it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by weyreypey: 4:07pm On Oct 04, 2020
nakoks:

Oga stop calling me,I don't follow bandwagon to give a dog a bad name to hang it.People have had bad experiences good for them.I only had one transaction on oil and was satisfied.I look at matters objectively.

No way. We dey here together bro... it's mayhem nigga...

8 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by weyreypey: 4:13pm On Oct 04, 2020
nakoks:

Well said.

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by madgoat(m): 4:39pm On Oct 04, 2020
nakoks:

We will continue calling your name grin

5 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by Kingdemu: 5:24pm On Oct 04, 2020
nakoks:

Have you dropped from being his lawyer?

5 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by froshbuddy: 5:48pm On Oct 04, 2020
One thing is sure, once you type “Scam in Nairaland” on google, Luvinhubby name will pop. Una plenty sha

2 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by SoadAutos: 6:27pm On Oct 04, 2020
foolbuster:

I'm just curious. Why have you not sent back the transmission since you said its useless and you have not driven the car ever since?

Send to who? I thought i mentioned he stopped picking my calls or respond to my sms and the reason am complaining. Would I just send the gearbox to a park without a recipient?
Interesting.....but to simply answer your question, I left the car in my garage parked and ensured I or someone clean it everyother day. You don't understand the pain of buying a non functional device in this our current Nigeria (economy). Each day I have a need for an alternate vehicle I feel the pain more. Am calculative when taking decision.... why should I remove the gearbox or move the car about when there is no replacement. I count my cost when taking steps....if you're in automobile industry you will know that it is impossible to take out an engine without losing a sensor or the other....the gear box in question when it was to be installed I lost the ECT sensor which I had to replace and cost me money. If Mr Roland insist that I remove and send to him in Lagos I would not have a choice than to do that....at least I would know that's the price I must pay.
If the gear box was what it should be then I don't have a reason to lay a false allegation against Roland.
And mind you if you had followed the thread and my post you would have clearly seen my position from the start.
Am here not to tarnish Rolands image but to call him to do the needful and seek the support of good mind on this platform to also intervene.

13 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by nakoks(m): 7:11pm On Oct 04, 2020
weyreypey:

No way. We dey here together bro... it's mayhem nigga...
Until he bites the dust i know you won't rest.You and i both know life doesn't begin and end on social media.

2 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by foolbuster: 8:08pm On Oct 04, 2020
SoadAutos:

Send to who? I thought i mentioned he stopped picking my calls or respond to my sms and the reason am complaining. Would I just send the gearbox to a park without a recipient?
Interesting.....but to simply answer your question, I left the car in my garage parked and ensured I or someone clean it everyother day. You don't understand the pain of buying a non functional device in this our current Nigeria (economy). Each day I have a need for an alternate vehicle I feel the pain more. Am calculative when taking decision.... why should I remove the gearbox or move the car about when there is no replacement. I count my cost when taking steps....if you're in automobile industry you will know that it is impossible to take out an engine without losing a sensor or the other....the gear box in question when it was to be installed I lost the ECT sensor which I had to replace and cost me money. If Mr Roland insist that I remove and send to him in Lagos I would not have a choice than to do that....at least I would know that's the price I must pay.
If the gear box was what it should be then I don't have a reason to lay a false allegation against Roland.
And mind you if you had followed the thread and my post you would have clearly seen my position from the start.
Am here not to tarnish Rolands image but to call him to do the needful and seek the support of good mind on this platform to also intervene.

I just asked because Luvinhubby said no refund unless product is returned. And he made it clear here that he does not refund or replace unless defective product is returned. Or did you not discuss the terms of another replacement when you both agreed product will be replaced?

I had expected that when your kazeem installed the defective gear box and it didn't work the next logical step would have been to take it out especially after you and luvinhubby agreed the product will be replaced. And also according to you the vehicle wasn't driveable. I know its labour intensive taking it out again but whats the point of the gear being there if it doesn't work.

I'm also curious as to how the car ended up in your garage since work on it is still on hold pending the arrival of the correct gearbox, or is it that it was worked on in your garage? Or did you just feel like spending towing money? Or perhaps you just gave up on the car.

Don't get me wrong Its obvious luvinhubby is at fault here and was just after your money. But unless you have decided to forego your money, just find a way to send back the defective product to him especially now he claimed he is back from wherever it is he said he went and is now communicating again. Thats exactly what i'll do since the gear is useless to me.

And to luvinhubby just an advice ooo, just save yourself further embarassment and find a way to take back the gear and return his money (or send the correct product if he still agrees)

4 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by udemzyudex(m): 8:26pm On Oct 04, 2020
Comprehension is a very big problem.

3 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by weyreypey: 8:38pm On Oct 04, 2020
nakoks:

Until he bites the dust i know you won't rest.You and i both know life doesn't begin and end on social media.
Please stop calling me to this thread. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by Inception(m): 9:35am On Oct 05, 2020
foolbuster:

I just asked because Luvinhubby said no refund unless product is returned. And he made it clear here that he does not refund or replace unless defective product is returned. Or did you not discuss the terms of another replacement when you both agreed product will be replaced?

I had expected that when your kazeem installed the defective gear box and it didn't work the next logical step would have been to take it out especially after you and luvinhubby agreed the product will be replaced. And also according to you the vehicle wasn't driveable. I know its labour intensive taking it out again but whats the point of the gear being there if it doesn't work.

I'm also curious as to how the car ended up in your garage since work on it is still on hold pending the arrival of the correct gearbox, or is it that it was worked on in your garage? Or did you just feel like spending towing money? Or perhaps you just gave up on the car.

Don't get me wrong Its obvious luvinhubby is at fault here and was just after your money. But unless you have decided to forego your money, just find a way to send back the defective product to him especially now he claimed he is back from wherever it is he said he went and is now communicating again. Thats exactly what i'll do since the gear is useless to me.

And to luvinhubby just an advice ooo, just save yourself further embarassment and find a way to take back the gear and return his money (or send the correct product if he still agrees)

Excellent.

To the OP, i understand that you are mechanically inclined from your post (or at least well versed in mechanic stuff). When did you notice that the gearbox was not as per specification to your vehicle? Was it before or after installation? And usually, prior to installation of the new auto-box, the defective one should have been removed and compared side by side with the replacement.

I had a similar issue with Rowland when i bought an EOD gearbox from him in 2014. Immediately the gear was installed and engine started, i noticed a whining noise. when the car was dropped, gear did not engage in reverse. I called him immediately and told him the situation. And he told me to send the gear back to him for a replacement. Yes it cost me additional labour, Transport, expensive DW1 fluid etc, but still, i was buying a used (delicate and complicated) part, so had to give. Gear was replaced all was well afterwards.

Yes, he messed up by sending you a wrong part, but i think you should not have gone ahead to install, since you noticed the discrepancies. That would have saved you quite a bit, and maybe communicated a sense of urgency to him.

Next time, before any parts seller sends you a part, have an idea of what your own looks like, even up to the codes/numbers written on the gear. Tell him( or anybody you intend to use as your part supplier) to take photos and send to you (and send yours to him too) to assure compatibility prior to him sending it down. Heck , some of them even have the VIN number of the vehicle they were removed from still riveted to them. You can use that to run a quick VIN check to be sure to compatibility with your vehicle. This is the beauty and relevance of Tech.

And as per sensors breaking and what not during transmission removal, you need to change your mechanic. Any mechanic with experience in engine/ transmission replacement need not damage things/ parts because of a replacement.

Really sorry for the inconvenience. Sh.it happens, but we just have to keep moving forward. Now that communication lines have been restored( at least on this forum) i would suggest that you bite the bullet , return the transmission back to him and get your money( or another replacement) back ASAP.

7 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by calculation(m): 11:05am On Oct 06, 2020
lilkech:
Luvinhubby, you know deep within yourself that you’re bigger than this wahala.

You’re the person I’ve been buying my Honda parts from for years. Please don’t go the way of those who failed before you from this website.

This is the internet and from the narrative here you’re standing at the edge of a cliff. A little shove can send your brand tumbling into the mud.

Believe me, greater brands have been soiled for lesser reasons. I’ve been here and seen it all.

Please try to find a middle ground with the op ASAP. This particular publicity is a bad type for you no matter what way you’re looking at it.

Word of wisdom from the wise Man

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by banky3w(m): 1:58pm On Oct 06, 2020
The OP and the seller should agree if tranny is to be sent back and replaced or the money be refunded so as not to keep prolonging this matter.

I hope when transmission is sent back to the seller, he won’t say until he has free time (which may be up to a week) to go pick it up, he won’t refund or replace again.

5 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by emmaak2(m): 2:50pm On Oct 06, 2020
banky3w:
The OP and the seller should agree if tranny is to be sent back and replaced or the money be refunded so as not to keep prolonging this matter.

I hope when transmission is sent back to the seller, he won’t say until he has free time (which may be up to a week) to go pick it up, he won’t refund or replace again.
banky3w:

[quote author=banky3w
Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by Elsueno: 4:00pm On Oct 06, 2020
banky3w:

That is where D problem lies, the seller isn't responding to the buyer

7 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by Bombiday(m): 6:46am On Oct 07, 2020
This is why I dislike nairaland sales and disputes, too many illogical resolutions from posters that don't even relate to the situation. OP was supposed to have returned defective part as he realized it wasn't the requested spec but didn't(why will you go ahead and install something that you don't want), now return it and get a refund or replacement, OP said no, how is it productive to leave a non applicable part in your car for weeks and blame the seller, maybe it's just me but it doesn't make any sense imo. And then we are talking about a 2001 honda accord like it's a 2021 model, there's probably no new parts at this point in time and a lot of trial and error applies but fact remains this is 2020 what happened to doing videos of the part you want replaced and sending to seller and having him send same for your comparison and approval before actually making payment.
The fact that there's always the option of simply running online to open a thread takes away a large amount of logic in transactions here. Rather than doing due diligence you work on assumptions and then when it backfires you run online.

3 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by Bombiday(m): 6:51am On Oct 07, 2020
Seller as well has a large fault in this transaction especially considering the online factor and his lack of communication but in real life a lot of spare parts sellers do these things, competent mechanics will recommend stuff that isn't factory recommendation under the guise of "e go work" as they've seen it work in some previous instance and just accept it to be standard and this is a big flaw in the system.
Idealistically though he has put forward his resolution and it seems simple enough. If he fails on that end then this becomes a real case not just everybody throwing up accusations because of lack of communication like people can't be unavailable for various reasons especially when he has a shop address that could easily have been visited weeks ago.
OP has huge blame to me, you don't want to commit a day to go and resolve the issue you've had for a month plus but expect the seller to be the one making the moves all because of customer satisfaction, you must believe that your own time is more valuable then.

2 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by ksmart027(m): 6:55am On Oct 07, 2020
Bombiday:
This is why I dislike nairaland sales and disputes, too many illogical resolutions from posters that don't even relate to the situation. OP was supposed to have returned defective part as he realized it wasn't the requested spec but didn't(why will you go ahead and install something that you don't want), now return it and get a refund or replacement, OP said no, how is it productive to leave a non applicable part in your car for weeks and blame the seller, maybe it's just me but it doesn't make any sense imo. And then we are talking about a 2001 honda accord like it's a 2021 model, there's probably no new parts at this point in time and a lot of trial and error applies but fact remains this is 2020 what happened to doing videos of the part you want replaced and sending to seller and having him send same for your comparison and approval before actually making payment.
The fact that there's always the option of simply running online to open a thread takes away a large amount of logic in transactions here. Rather than doing due diligence you work on assumptions and then when it backfires you run online.
Oga, the op said he has been trying to contact the seller, but the seller is not taking his calls. So how do you expect him to return the item he bought when the seller is avoiding his calls. Always read to comprehend.

6 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by Bombiday(m): 7:06am On Oct 07, 2020
ksmart027:

Oga, the op said he has been trying to contact the seller, but the seller is not taking his calls. So how do you expect him to return the item he bought when the seller is avoiding his calls. Always read to comprehend.

Boss that excuse is flimsy. I checked luvinhubby's profile and he has his shop address there, also OP says he has been able to reach him using other people's numbers, if he had that alternative strategy on hand in the first place just to make accusations, why not just take the part to the shop and use another number to call and inform him that he is at his shop and dropping the non usable part off to get a refund or a replacement. At least that way there's a next step, now it becomes "Lubinhubby has refused to refund me or provide a replacement" versus what is currently here which is half baked at best. Now drumming up sentiment talking about 'I don't want to embarrass him but to seek intervention' while at the same time not actually doing any real thing to come to a resolution except posting on a thread.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by Kingdemu: 8:01am On Oct 07, 2020
Bombiday:

Boss that excuse is flimsy. I checked luvinhubby's profile and he has his shop address there, also OP says he has been able to reach him using other people's numbers, if he had that alternative strategy on hand in the first place just to make accusations, why not just take the part to the shop and use another number to call and inform him that he is at his shop and dropping the non usable part off to get a refund or a replacement. At least that way there's a next step, now it becomes "Lubinhubby has refused to refund me or provide a replacement" versus what is currently here which is half baked at best. Now drumming up sentiment talking about 'I don't want to embarrass him but to seek intervention' while at the same time not actually doing any real thing to come to a resolution except posting on a thread.
You must be a criminal to be vehemently supporting luvinhubby to the extent you are so comfortable with him displaying his criminal tendencies and not picking the OP's calls. You're even suggesting the OP use another line to be pursuing the criminal upandan. Well, if I were the OP the police would've long did that cos that is their job not mine.You see, It is your type that will be behind bars immediately they step into any just and sane society cos even your thought process is criminal. May you fall into OP's situation so you can be pursuing your rogue seller inter-state just to return a defective product you bought with your hard earned money out of trust. Useless man.

11 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Luvinhubby by Inception(m): 8:51am On Oct 07, 2020
Kingdemu:
You must be a criminal to be vehemently supporting luvinhubby to the extent you are so comfortable with him displaying his criminal tendencies and not picking the OP's calls. You're even suggesting the OP use another line to be pursuing the criminal upandan. Well, if I were the OP the police would've long did that cos that is their job not mine.You see, It is your type that will be behind bars immediately they step into any just and sane society cos even your thought process is criminal. May you fall into OP's situation so you can be pursuing your rogue seller inter-state just to return a defective product you bought with your hard earned money out of trust. Useless man.

You don't have to insult to pass your message across.

He did not insult you. Why insult him?

Have some decorum,

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Traffic Violations In Lagos State Attract Ridiculous Fines / How Can One Use The Tiptronic Gear Transmission?? / Driving Schools In Lagos: Someone Help Me Out Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.