Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? (48170 Views)

Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom Is one of the Most Cleanest City In Nigeria ..photos / Photos Of The New Uyo-Ikot Ekpene Road: Akwa Ibom & Good Roads Na 5&6 / Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 12:07pm On Sep 23, 2020
lordaltruist:

MY OPINION
I have diligently read through almost all your comments on this topic and even though I am forced to go through your profile (which I didn't), what I have seen to far is enough to tell me the bitterness and hate you have for a state you are supposed to call your brother; you speak of differences as though there are any much difference between Cross River and Akwa Ibom, just like you don't expect a child you gave birth to, to have your DNA; this is the same the with Cross River and Akwa Ibom. Ranging from traditional practices to the food, attires and affluence, they both share similarities.
Just like an ignorant person will address someone from Cross River as an Akwa Ibomite when you dress, cook, speak, and practice your tradition, same goes for an Akwa Ibomite.
Sincerely speaking when it comes to development, Akwa Ibom needs to be praised for what it has achieved so far even though you would say they should have done better; it is no easy fit to achieve what to have achieved considering the kind of country we are in and our political structure.
If you would say the truth, you would agree with me that even as at 1999-2008, Akwa Ibom was nothing to speak of in all ramifications of development except the fact that they are good in house-help, gatekeeper, drivers, farmers, traders and almost every meaner job in this country; not forgetting to mention prostitution (though this is a thing every state in Nigeria engages in, it was more as if it was high in Akwa Ibom) but today, the state could speak of industries, magnificent infrastructural development and most importantly, economic viability which have helped to reduce the rate of both unemployment, prostitution, and most importantly crime in the state just in a matter of 12years; this is the reason if not for every other thing, as a brother and a father you should be happy for her, encourage her and help her to grow.
I am always very hot when I see Cross Riverians and Akwa Ibomite fighting over who is better and or who is not; Cross River and Akwa Ibom joining forces together would be like the Dubai of today but our hatred for one another has not allow us to see this; we would have been the Nigeria of everyone's dream but pride won't let us be it rather we would want to pull the other down and climb up forgetting the words of our fathers that says when you point a finger to someone remember the remaining three is pointing back at you.
MY RESOLUTION:
I have decided that yes Akwa Ibom is not developed but it is fast developing;
Akwa Ibomite do meaner job and are unemployed, it's better than to get wealth illegally;
Akwa Ibomite are poor, yes it's better we die poor than to steal;
Akwa Ibomite are prostitutes, is there any state in Nigeria where there are no prostitutes who are indigene?
I am happy with my Akwa Ibom and I don't seem to pull you down so don't seek my downfall.
FINALLY:
Yes I am Akwa Ibomite by birth,
Yes I am Akwa Ibomite by language,
And yes I am an Akwa Ibomite by person,
I am first a Nigerian and forever a Nigerian;
I celebrate every state in Nigeria and which them good because I am first a Nigerian.
I eat Nigeria
I breath Nigeria
I dream Nigeria and yes
I am Nigeria.
You've said it all blood... Nice summision..
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 12:10pm On Sep 23, 2020
maxlev1:

That is one of the major reasons for the hatred bro. Akwa Ibomites seems to be better than them in every aspect.
I can now relate grin
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 12:11pm On Sep 23, 2020
nams77:

Yes o. Baba wey dey for heaven
grin
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 12:12pm On Sep 23, 2020
B2mario:

Oga leave this sentiment and don't drag me into it. Everyone has right to reside anywhere he or she desires.

Let's celebrate with Akwa ibom people, it's their turn to shine no one knows where the blessing will go tomorrow. Before 1999 Akwa ibom used to be the worst state in the whole of southeast and southsouth but today, it is the best. Back then everybody used to sing Calabar the small London but today, nobody think of Calabar again. Life is rotatory, so don't kill yourself tommorow might be your turn. I remember Uyo back then, nobody knows that a day like this will come.

God is great.
Lovely

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by B2mario(m): 1:28pm On Sep 23, 2020
Ilaumoh:

Lovely

Yes bro., One love
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 23, 2020
hopexter:

Is it white sanded? Asking cos I'm from Edo state and I'm easily fascinated by white sanded lands just like warri. Have heard so much about the beautiful town and I'm aware its an oil region too hence Sandy but Some photos above show otherwise. embarassed
and the white sanded people are fascinated about your red sand.
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by B2mario(m): 1:49pm On Sep 23, 2020
100Caliber:
All I did was pointed out to Rossikk that 11 of the photos are the same spot from different angles. I also pointed out to him and that bigoted clown ilaumoh that the dancers are Efik Calabar dancers,the foods are Efik Calabar foods and his surname "Ekpe" is Efik name,Akwa people are a burden , among other facts . I also pointed out that some of the pics he posted as Ikot ekpene are Uyo. Cannibalism has been part of annang culture whether it's openly practiced today or not. these are verifiable facts and he's yapping about nonsense and can't disprove facts.
He doesn't even live in the Ibeno or ikot ekpene or akwa ibom , just random google pics and create stupid threads. What is road and building ? He's trying to use reverse psychology on me . why would I hate akwa ibom for having roads and building ? Calabar has plans to build and be developed. there's some little private developments also going on in Calabar ,just not as loud as the akwa media propaganda with village mentality. SMH

Brother, I really understood you but just take it easy. I've leaved in Akwa ibom before and know their way of life which is most times irritating. You and I know that they don't have welcoming spirit and see every stranger as people who have come to cheat them. They are hard on strangers and equally very hard to handle except few young men and women who are exposed and their elderly men and women.

But there's no need of comparing two sister states here. Rossikk might have made mistake and you correcting him is not bad. But my stand is, let's celebrate the progress Akwa ibom has achieved so far. As at early 90's nobody expected this good to come out of Akwa ibom, then people were celebrating your cross river state (Calabar) and few other cities like Portharcourt and Enugu.

Akwa ibom today serves as source of encouragement to me that in life, no condition is permanent, tomorrow might be your turn. And on serious note, Calabar is still one of the best even till tomorrow, so calm your anger and overlook any stone threw on you. It has been some people's way to insult or compare their shoes with others whenever they are celebrating their success.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by hopexter(m): 4:03pm On Sep 23, 2020
Truthspoon1:
and the white sanded people are fascinated about your red sand.

Dats a lie cos I doubt anyone would shocked
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 23, 2020
hopexter:

Dats a lie cos I doubt anyone would shocked
I am the one. It's only mud that's supposed to be red. I always wonder why your sand is always red too. Some people don't even paint their houses, the red sand makes it naturally beautiful. grin
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 23, 2020
lordaltruist:

MY OPINION
I have diligently read through almost all your comments on this topic and even though I am forced to go through your profile (which I didn't), what I have seen to far is enough to tell me the bitterness and hate you have for a state you are supposed to call your brother; you speak of differences as though there are any much difference between Cross River and Akwa Ibom, just like you don't expect a child you gave birth to, to have your DNA; this is the same the with Cross River and Akwa Ibom. Ranging from traditional practices to the food, attires and affluence, they both share similarities.
Just like an ignorant person will address someone from Cross River as an Akwa Ibomite when you dress, cook, speak, and practice your tradition, same goes for an Akwa Ibomite.
Sincerely speaking when it comes to development, Akwa Ibom needs to be praised for what it has achieved so far even though you would say they should have done better; it is no easy fit to achieve what to have achieved considering the kind of country we are in and our political structure.
If you would say the truth, you would agree with me that even as at 1999-2008, Akwa Ibom was nothing to speak of in all ramifications of development except the fact that they are good in house-help, gatekeeper, drivers, farmers, traders and almost every meaner job in this country; not forgetting to mention prostitution (though this is a thing every state in Nigeria engages in, it was more as if it was high in Akwa Ibom) but today, the state could speak of industries, magnificent infrastructural development and most importantly, economic viability which have helped to reduce the rate of both unemployment, prostitution, and most importantly crime in the state just in a matter of 12years; this is the reason if not for every other thing, as a brother and a father you should be happy for her, encourage her and help her to grow.
I am always very hot when I see Cross Riverians and Akwa Ibomite fighting over who is better and or who is not; Cross River and Akwa Ibom joining forces together would be like the Dubai of today but our hatred for one another has not allow us to see this; we would have been the Nigeria of everyone's dream but pride won't let us be it rather we would want to pull the other down and climb up forgetting the words of our fathers that says when you point a finger to someone remember the remaining three is pointing back at you.
MY RESOLUTION:
I have decided that yes Akwa Ibom is not developed but it is fast developing;
Akwa Ibomite do meaner job and are unemployed, it's better than to get wealth illegally;
Akwa Ibomite are poor, yes it's better we die poor than to steal;
Akwa Ibomite are prostitutes, is there any state in Nigeria where there are no prostitutes who are indigene?
I am happy with my Akwa Ibom and I don't seem to pull you down so don't seek my downfall.
FINALLY:
Yes I am Akwa Ibomite by birth,
Yes I am Akwa Ibomite by language,
And yes I am an Akwa Ibomite by person,
I am first a Nigerian and forever a Nigerian;
I celebrate every state in Nigeria and which them good because I am first a Nigerian.
I eat Nigeria
I breath Nigeria
I dream Nigeria and yes
I am Nigeria.
All of the above is paper talk . Action speaks louder . If you dislike the truth then sure you can call it hate . hate for what? you are the one that hates and wish Calabar bad but cry wolf when it's pointed out . you still can't disprove my initial assertion, just baseless conjectures.
Go develop Eket ,Ibeno,Oron and eastern Obolo and other marginalized areas . Give a few oil wells back to cross river regardless of the court case,so that Cross river can have money to develop , and akwa ibomits living in cross river would also benefit. You can not steal cross river's oil wells and and use it to develop your place and rob it on our faces ,and wish Efik&Calabar bad , exporting your burden to us ,and then expect unity .
we Efiks have different mentality from akwa ibom people , that's why we sometimes distance ourselves from you. Akwa ibom people are mostly very wicked and village mentality. Instead of Akpabio and Udom to do the right thing and build a nice beach resort ,jetties and fish terminals at Ibeno ,Oron or eastern Obolo , he wasted billions on building four points hotel and other stupid structures at Ikot ekpene and non viable locations.
with or without oil wells Calabar and cross river will be on track when a competent Efik Governor arrives in 2023.

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 23, 2020
If Efik man was governor , he would build a beach resort at Ibeno just as Donald Duke did for Obudu Mountain Resort because that's a good location. Calabar means Come and live and be at rest , though now strangers have taken advantage of that welcoming and causing trouble and they all need to be deported.
We Efiks are not as wicked and tribalistic as ibibios/anangs. that's why ilaumoh (an ibeno man) in his akwa ibom mentality thinks Efiks are angry that Eket and Anang governed in old Cross river or that Efiks hate Akwa ibom because of some developments. Even today there are akwa ibomites employed by cross river government. I'm not sure where ilaumoh grew up or who brainwashed and misinformed him, but based on my perception reading some of his comments , I just shake my head because he lacks in dept understanding . I wonder does the guy even know that his surname "Ekpe" is typical Efik ?

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by hopexter(m): 7:00pm On Sep 23, 2020
Truthspoon1:
I am the one. It's only mud that's supposed to be red. I always wonder why your sand is always red too. Some people don't even paint their houses, the red sand makes it naturally beautiful. grin

Well, go ahead and build yourself a mud mansion, the sand is free so knock yourself out grin
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 23, 2020
hopexter:

Well, go ahead and build yourself a mud mansion, the sand is free so knock yourself out grin
I will build one for me and one for you. grin
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by OVB123: 7:37pm On Sep 23, 2020
Rugaria:

Have you been to Orlu? Is Imo state not getting more allocation than Ebony State? Nobody has defended Rochas on this forum more than me. I knew him personally years before he became governor! I'm just telling you that he ran one of the most chaotic governments in the history of imo state. No debates about his good intentions but he was all over the place with all sorts either substandard or uncompleted projects. For 8 years! Go to Orlu and see..
You are very right my dear.
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by hopexter(m): 7:43pm On Sep 23, 2020
Truthspoon1:
I will build one for me and one for you. grin

I have an Estate of it already. Build yours and let it be big enough to accommodate friends and family. I might visit once in a while just in case I'm coming for isolation grin
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by OVB123: 8:47pm On Sep 23, 2020
Emperor4tune:
dont mind these idiot decieving people who have never been to akwa ibom,i see no development there apart from uyo being their hqrt 80% of akwa ibom is overgrown forest & wild palms scattered every,just tell me you have beautiful girls & fresh palm wine to dissolve a bush meat on a sunny day & i will belive u...when it comes to infrastructural development & industralisation una just they learn work from PH & Lagos
The truth is that when you tell them the truth, they will be angry with you. it's a beautiful state but not economically viable yet.
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by B2mario(m): 2:42pm On Sep 24, 2020
OVB123:
You are very right my dear.
He is not right in anyway. Rochas did his best in Imo state considering the resources that was available to him. The the Ebonyi state he used as reference what is the level of her recurrent expenditure compared to imo state, was there any free education to all levels in Ebonyi state, what is the size of Abakiliki compared to Owerri, did Umahi construct 10 higher institutions as constructed by Rochas? What is the status of community/village markets in Ebonyi state compared to Imo state? How many roads does Umahi expand to 10-lanes compared to what Rochas did? How many conference centers, stadia, event squares, federal high court, and skill acquisition centers did Umahi builld in Ebonyi?

Orlu has been neglected by previous governments of imo state except Udenwa, but Rochas did his little best by dualising all the major roads in Orlu town, built new markets and plazas. He also built 5 new higher institutions in and around Orlu city.

Just watch the hand of Rochas in the below video. 80%of the roads in the video were constructed by Rochas, all the 10 lane roads. This video was taken in 2020, despite the neglect and the destruction of Rochas' projects by the immediate past governor Owerri still look good.

I will post the pictures of higher institutions he built in Orlu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdOOcyFSJ_w

Below is Eastern Palm University built in Orlu by Rochas.

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by oneeast3: 2:46pm On Sep 24, 2020
B2MARIO, this is the condition of your Abia state. Stop hiding under other states. Focus on your useless cursed Abia state for once

[s]
B2mario:

He is not right in anyway. Rochas did his best in Imo state considering the resources that was available to him. The the Ebonyi state he used as reference what is the level of her recurrent expenditure compared to imo state, was there any free education to all levels in Ebonyi state, what is the size of Abakiliki compared to Owerri, did Umahi construct 10 higher institutions as constructed by Rochas? What is the status of

community/village markets in Ebonyi state compared to Imo state? How many roads does Umahi expand to 10-lanes compared to what Rochas did? How many conference centers, stadia, event squares, federal high court, and skill acquisition centers did Umahi builld in Ebonyi?

Orlu has been neglected by previous governments of imo state except Udenwa, but Rochas did his little best by dualising all the major roads in Orlu town, built new markets and plazas. He also built 5 new higher institutions in and around Orlu city.

Just watch the hand of Rochas in the below video. 80%of the roads in the video were constructed by Rochas, all the 10 lane roads. This video was taken in 2020, despite the neglect and the destruction of Rochas' projects by the immediate past governor Owerri still look good.

I will post the pictures of higher institutions he built in _w
[/s]

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by B2mario(m): 2:57pm On Sep 24, 2020
Below is the University built in Nkwerre, a suburb of Orlu
1. Imo state University, Nkwerre built by Rochas
2. Imo state University, Nkwerre built by Rochas
3. Federal high court, Owerri built by Rochas
4. Imo state Secretariat renovated by Rochas

2 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by oneeast3: 3:00pm On Sep 24, 2020
[s]
B2mario:
Below is the University built in Nkwerre, a suburb of Orlu
1. Imo state University, Nkwerre
2. Federal high court, Owerri
[/s]

This is the condition of Aba Abia state.

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by B2mario(m): 3:05pm On Sep 24, 2020
1,2,3. Orlu city roads built by Rochas
4. Orlu stadium built by Rochas

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by B2mario(m): 3:17pm On Sep 24, 2020
1. Orlu/Akokwa road dualised by Rochas
2. Nkwerre rural road built by Rochas
3. Police regional headquarters built by Rochas
4. Behind is the Federal high court built by Rochas

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by kikake: 6:19pm On Sep 24, 2020
B2mario:

He is not right in anyway. Rochas did his best in Imo state considering the resources that was available to him. The the Ebonyi state he used as reference what is the level of her recurrent expenditure compared to imo state, was there any free education to all levels in Ebonyi state, what is the size of Abakiliki compared to Owerri, did Umahi construct 10 higher institutions as constructed by Rochas? What is the status of community/village markets in Ebonyi state compared to Imo state? How many roads does Umahi expand to 10-lanes compared to what Rochas did? How many conference centers, stadia, event squares, federal high court, and skill acquisition centers did Umahi builld in Ebonyi?

I will post the pictures of higher institutions he built in Orlu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdOOcyFSJ_w

Below is Eastern Palm University built in Orlu.

FYI, this Eastern Palm University is in Ideato South LGA, nearly halfway between Okigwe and Orlu, but not in Orlu.

If you you continue to say the untruth that Eastern Palm University is in Orlu, the people of Owerri will always want Eastern Palm University to continue to be idle and possibly decay, because Owerri tells the half truth that IMSUTH in Orlu which is not a university is Orlu’s share of IMSU, and that main IMSU remains a share of Owerri, despite that Owerri hosts FUTO, AIFCE - a quasi university, PolyNekede, FERCOLAT, and Imopoly nearest Owerri. People of Owerri therefore say that Eastern Palm University can rot.

Nobody would believe that Hope Uzodinma would position enmity with Okorocha in front, therefore he has said nothing about Eastern Palm University since he came to office as governor.
Okorocha has never contested the recommendations of the Ihedioha government committee to use Eastern Palm University as campus of IMSU. The ball about Eastern Palm University is now at the court of Hope Uzodinma.
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by B2mario(m): 8:59am On Sep 25, 2020
kikake:

FYI, this Eastern Palm University is in Ideato South LGA, nearly halfway between Okigwe and Orlu, but not in Orlu.

If you you continue to say the untruth that Eastern Palm University is in Orlu, the people of Owerri will always want Eastern Palm University to continue to be idle and possibly decay, because Owerri tells the half truth that IMSUTH in Orlu which is not a university is Orlu’s share of IMSU, and that main IMSU remains a share of Owerri, despite that Owerri hosts FUTO, AIFCE - a quasi university, PolyNekede, FERCOLAT, and Imopoly nearest Owerri. People of Owerri therefore say that Eastern Palm University can rot.

Nobody would believe that Hope Uzodinma would position enmity with Okorocha in front, therefore he has said nothing about Eastern Palm University since he came to office as governor.
Okorocha has never contested the recommendations of the Ihedioha government committee to use Eastern Palm University as campus of IMSU. The ball about Eastern Palm University is now at the court of Hope Uzodinma.
Oga carry your madness and leave here, when do Ogboko and Ideato south cease to be part of Orlu?

Your statement here is like telling an Annang man that Essien-Udim is not part of Ikot-Ekpene or telling an Ngwa man that Osisioma, Ugwunagbor and Obingwa is not Aba.

Oga, go and check yourself properly. The university was built in Ogboko as part orlu share.
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by B2mario(m): 9:25am On Sep 25, 2020
He built the largest international cargo airport with Warehouses and coldrooms but was closed down by the immediate past administrative.

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by B2mario(m): 9:27am On Sep 25, 2020
More

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by B2mario(m): 9:30am On Sep 25, 2020
Some of the general hospitals built by Rochas in the 27 local government of Imo state but were left to rot by the present and immediate past administratives

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

The Following Are The Countries Already In 2019 / Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) / Missing Air Force Alpha Jet Found Crashed At Abba-Jille, Fate Of Pilots Unknown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.