Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,361 members, 7,815,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? (48179 Views)

Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom Is one of the Most Cleanest City In Nigeria ..photos / Photos Of The New Uyo-Ikot Ekpene Road: Akwa Ibom & Good Roads Na 5&6 / Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by themanderon: 5:59pm On Sep 21, 2020
Akwa ibom Ayaya....I loved my time in uyo that year. Peaceful but expensive place to stay and the people are quite warm and nice. I sure would love a visit once again someday.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by durasome(m): 6:25pm On Sep 21, 2020
maxlev1:

I think u are the bitter one. I have been reading ur comment and it is very obvious u are very jealous and bitter abt the great people of that state. I have stayed at Uyo and Eket before, while I have also visited Ikot Ekpene, Ibeno and oron several times. And I can boldly tell u that the people are one most hospitable in Nigeria. I do not know ur tribe but u seem like an insecure person who feels he is better than others even when it is so glaring that they are better than u. I am from one of the states in the south south and the development here is far better than that of my state.
.Am a Rivers man,and the experience I shared here was far back when I was a child say 12 or 13 yrs of age.Don't know if it would have been different if I was an adult maybe with something to offer.

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Sonoyom(m): 6:28pm On Sep 21, 2020
100Caliber:
These are Calabar dancers ,not Ikot Ekpene. First pic is Calabar festival or parade in UK. You talk shit about Calabar but post Efik foods and cultures as Ikot ekpene & Akwa ibom. You envy and mimic Calabar Kingdom which has existed for 1000 years by using the phrase"Akwa abasi Ibom Kingdom" . Even your surname "Ekpe" is Efik name which your grand father stole to commit crime and do houseboy & gate man and then tell people he's from Calabar when caught, and tarnish the name of Calabar..
Did you know 70 percent of the kidnappings and robbery in Calabar and Cross river are by Akwa ibomites who fled Akwa ibom after the crackdown and enactment of death sentence on kidnappers in akwa ibom. Did you know that the scolombo boys causing havoc in Calabar are the abandoned witch children from Akwa ibom who took refuge in Calabar? That's why Akwa ibom is peaceful while exporting heir burden to other states.
When a serious CR governor arrives he'll deport those troublemakers and outsiders ,then Calabar will be peaceful and on track again.
Akwa ibom took Oil wells and now receives 5 times more allocation, even though Cross river is three times larger than Akwa ibom ,and yet thousands of Akwa ibomites living in cross river also benefit from the small allocation. you think it's easy to tolerate that? Try the reverse and tell me how Akwa ibom feels. There's still some private developments here and there going on in Calabar and Cross river,and there are plans for other projects , just not not making too much noise like the Akwa media propaganda.

cc thundafire , Garfield , sonoyom , eteka1
The truth you just outlined will be too difficult for them to swallow but the truth remains. Let me also add according to NBS Akwa Ibom has the second highest unemployment rate in Nigeria, moreover most of them are littered in Rivers State and Cross River State but you will hear them saying that their state is far better than CRS. I don't usually answer them because of two reasons, first being that my mum is Ibibio, secondly it doesn't add anything to my account.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by maxlev1: 6:39pm On Sep 21, 2020
Atouke:

You are such a hateful monger, what you don't know and will keep Eluding you is that the Okopusem people (if you know what that means) of both Cross River And Akwa Ibom are brothers from the same parents. hence its very easy for an okpusem person to live and thrive in either state, the culture, lifestyle,food, etc are very similar, some of you think that Efik people only exist in calabar, News flash- there are efiks in Uruan LGA in Akwa ibom, which is actually believed to be the ancestral Efik Homeland, there are Efiks In Itu LGA of Akwa ibom and also Efiks in Mbo LGA of Akwa Ibom ETC. This efiks are indigenous to this areas, Just like there are ibibios and Oron people who are indigenous to Cross river state south. Calabar South LGA has lots of Ibibios who are indigenous to that area.
There are very few Okopusem people in cross river state who don't have families and relations spanning both state and vice versa. The Southern Cross River people have more in common with the people of Akwa Ibom State than they have with the people of Northern and central cross river state of whom they share the state.

Stop the hate and learn your history if you are an Okopusem person, if you are Efik you very likely have an Ibibio blood running in your veins as we speak. but i think you are a northern cross riverian with hate in your heart towards Akwa ibom like your gov. who is hating on Hon. Justice Akon Ikpeme.
but whatever your hate , Akwa Ibom keeps Soaring, your hate cant stop us!

These people just hate Akwa Ibom people for no useful reason. If u ask them why, they cant tell u. One good friend I know even mocked name in a song named "I can never marry from Akwa Ibom".
Just like the guy

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by maxlev1: 6:42pm On Sep 21, 2020
durasome:
.Am a Rivers man,and the experience I shared here was far back when I was a child say 12 or 13 yrs of age.Don't know if it would have been different if I was an adult maybe with something to offer.
Ok I really like Rivers state. I have many rivers people as good friends. They are straight forward but no nonsense people.

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by ecomalchemist(m): 7:11pm On Sep 21, 2020
themanderon:
Akwa ibom Ayaya....I loved my time in uyo that year. Peaceful but expensive place to stay and the people are quite warm and nice. I sure would love a visit once again someday.

lol, na only rent expensive for that town (uyo).

Asides that, all other things are cheap cheap.
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 21, 2020
-
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by maxlev1: 8:00pm On Sep 21, 2020
100Caliber:
Efik Edi Efik.
I'm Efik ,You are not ,so shut it .We don't give a damn about your brotherhood because our eyes are opened and you have shown your true wicked colors. Calabar edi ediyie obio Canaan. we know you envy Efik . When you make silly comments and are called out you cry wolf. did you call out the bigot ilaumoh always wishing bad on Calabar ? show me which of my statements is false . You can keep the oil wells , Efik and Calabar will keep soaring high despite your secret envy and sabotage .
Why are u so bitter and jealous abt those guys from Akwa Ibom. I know that Akwa Ibom was created from Cross River and they are supposed to be like brothers but all I see from u is hatred and jealousy. Is it because they are richer with crude oil? Is it because they have gone far more in development than ur place?
Is it because they seem to gain so much attention and popularity than u nowadays?
U should channel ur anger into more development of ur place. I am from south south and we should all love ourselves instead of hate. If one state is more developed, praise them and try to make ur place better through ur contributions instead of trying to condemn them. There are alot of people here who are not from Akwa Ibom and have visited there as well. So we know the things that are true and the things that are lies. Thanks
Respect.

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 21, 2020
-
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2020
100Caliber:
Rubbish ., You know nothing . If you are not from Efik/ibibio just shut up, it's none of your business.
Have you seen your foolish self.. You are causing nuisance in every thread you visit, now nairalanders now know how bigoted and self hateful you are grin grin grin grin
What remains is for you to go mad soon..

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by inyenejo(m): 8:49pm On Sep 21, 2020
Ilaumoh:
St Joseph major catholic seminary ikot Ekpene.
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 21, 2020
Ilaumoh:

Have you seen your foolish self.. You are causing nuisance in every thread you visit, now nairalanders now know how bigoted and self hateful you are grin grin grin grin
What remains is for you to go mad soon..
You are the hater and I will keep calling you out.We know that you envy and wish Calabar bad. we know that you're a snake . cry me a river, cry baby.
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 8:51pm On Sep 21, 2020
themanderon:
You are welcome in advance bro
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by B2mario(m): 8:51pm On Sep 21, 2020
Rosskii:
Nobody ever talks about Ikot-Ekpene, the lovely, quaint Nigerian city in Akwa Ibom state.

No more silence.

Fellow Nigerians, Welcome to Ikot-Ekpene.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2401506_118124186_jpeg_jpeg611fc08c24c49e80f325da75dcdc6ad1

This is very beautiful. Infact, money is good. Since the oil boom in the state, the state has experienced tremendous development. Eket is almost like this.

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by oneeast3: 8:56pm On Sep 21, 2020
B2mario:

This is very beautiful. Infact, money is good. Since the oil boom in the state, the state has experienced tremendous development. Eket is almost like this.

See your shithole cursed backward Abia state. Aba is a sewage pit toilet while Umuahia is village. You should be crying somewhere B2MARIO

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by B2mario(m): 8:59pm On Sep 21, 2020
100Caliber:
Not holding brief for any politicians ,but was Rochas allocation the same as Akpabio/Akwa ibom? Some of you do not think before you comment.

I love this question.
Some people will open their mouth say whatever they like without considering the amount of resources available for each state. The ratio of Akwa ibom allocation to Imo state allocation is 36billion : 5.4billion
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by oneeast3: 9:01pm On Sep 21, 2020
B2mario:

B2MARIO you should be crying, see your state. Aba is a shithole

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by thundafire: 9:04pm On Sep 21, 2020
Sonoyom:

The truth you just outlined will be too difficult for them to swallow but the truth remains. Let me also add according to NBS Akwa Ibom has the second highest unemployment rate in Nigeria, moreover most of them are littered in Rivers State and Cross River State but you will hear them saying that their state is far better than CRS. I don't usually answer them because of two reasons, first being that my mum is Ibibio, secondly it doesn't add anything to my account.
am a proud Efik man. They problems of Calabar has been the ibibios yet they don't respect owners of the land.
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by oneeast3: 9:05pm On Sep 21, 2020
B2mario:

I love this question.
Some people will open their mouth say whatever they like without considering the amount of resources available for each state. The ratio of Akwa ibom allocation to Imo state allocation is 36billion : 5.4billion

See the condition of Aba, that's next to AKWAIBOM. Shame cheesy

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by thundafire: 9:05pm On Sep 21, 2020
Atouke:

You are such a hateful monger, what you don't know and will keep Eluding you is that the Okopusem people (if you know what that means) of both Cross River And Akwa Ibom are brothers form the same parents. hence its very easy for an okpusem person to live and thrive in either state, the culture, lifestyle,food, etc are very similar, some of you think that Efik people only exist in calabar, News flash- there are efiks in Uruan LGA in Akwa ibom, which is actually believed to be the ancestral Efik Homeland, there are Efiks In Itu LGA of Akwa ibom and also Efiks in Mbo LGA of Akwa Ibom ETC. This efiks are indigenous to this areas, Just like there are ibibios and Oron people who are indigenous to Cross river state south. Calabar South LGA has lots of Ibibios who are indigenous to that area.
There are very few Okopusem people in cross river state who don't have families and relations spanning both state and vice versa. The Southern Cross River people have more in common with the people of Akwa Ibom State than they have with the people of Northern and central cross river state of whom they share the state.

Stop the hate and learn your history if you are an Okopusem person, if you are Efik you very likely have an Ibibio blood running in your veins as we speak. but i think you are a northern cross riverian with hate in your heart towards Akwa ibom like your gov. who is hating on Hon. Justice Akon Ikpeme.
but whatever your hate , Akwa Ibom keeps Soaring, your hate cant stop us!

there are no indigenous Ibibios in CROSSRIVER. Please can you call the area they claim indigene

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 21, 2020
-
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 21, 2020
-
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 9:28pm On Sep 21, 2020
thundafire:
when last did u enter,cs last year health workers protested against the neglect of the hospital or probably dis Covid-19 made dem have sense
From last year to now is how many months
You need to go on YouTube or visit the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOdRj7ELMYI
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by maxlev1: 9:39pm On Sep 21, 2020
100Caliber:
Rubbish ., You know nothing . If you are not from Efik/ibibio just shut up, it's none of your business.
Oh I no nothing while u know everything right?
Clap hand for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 9:46pm On Sep 21, 2020
Jaghut:

Certain parts of Igbo are fond of human meat too...ask around if you didn't know
Which part?
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 9:50pm On Sep 21, 2020
100Caliber:
those are not pics of Ikot ekpene . If you say you visit Ikot ekpene often,which I highly doubt you even live in Akwa ibom, then take the pics and and post here .
Since you are mister know it all, why not help us post ok
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 9:58pm On Sep 21, 2020
100Caliber:
These are Calabar dancers ,not Ikot Ekpene. First pic is Calabar festival or parade in UK. You talk shit about Calabar but post Efik foods and cultures as Ikot ekpene & Akwa ibom. You envy and mimic Calabar Kingdom which has existed for 1000 years by using the phrase"Akwa abasi Ibom Kingdom" . Even your surname "Ekpe" is Efik name which your grand father stole to commit crime and do houseboy & gate man and then tell people he's from Calabar when caught, and tarnish the name of Calabar..
Did you know 70 percent of the kidnappings and robbery in Calabar and Cross river are by Akwa ibomites who fled Akwa ibom after the crackdown and enactment of death sentence on kidnappers in akwa ibom. Did you know that the scolombo boys causing havoc in Calabar are the abandoned witch children from Akwa ibom who took refuge in Calabar? That's why Akwa ibom is peaceful while exporting heir burden to other states.
When a serious CR governor arrives he'll deport those troublemakers and outsiders ,then Calabar will be peaceful and on track again.
Akwa ibom took Oil wells and now receives 5 times more allocation, even though Cross river is three times larger than Akwa ibom ,and yet thousands of Akwa ibomites living in cross river also benefit from the small allocation. you think it's easy to tolerate that? Try the reverse and tell me how Akwa ibom feels. There's still some private developments here and there going on in Calabar and Cross river,and there are plans for other projects , just not not making too much noise like the Akwa media propaganda.

cc thundafire , Garfield , sonoyom , eteka1
Clap hands for yourself
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 10:03pm On Sep 21, 2020
bigbauer:

it's in Use Abat, I'm not within the vicinity so I can't take pictures.
Okidoki
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 10:07pm On Sep 21, 2020
maxlev1:

I think u are the bitter one. I have been reading ur comment and it is very obvious u are very jealous and bitter abt the great people of that state. I have stayed at Uyo and Eket before, while I have also visited Ikot Ekpene, Ibeno and oron several times. And I can boldly tell u that the people are one most hospitable in Nigeria. I do not know ur tribe but u seem like an insecure person who feels he is better than others even when it is so glaring that they are better than u. I am from one of the states in the south south and the development here is far better than that of my state.
God bless you
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 10:07pm On Sep 21, 2020
maxlev1:

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 21, 2020
-
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by COMPAQ(m): 11:07pm On Sep 21, 2020
UdechiHD:
Then you’ve not been to Lekki before. I don’t know whether to call this your post stupidity or what?

What is beautiful about Lekki? Shanty everywhere, people selling at every road corner, people walking all over, refuse everywhere, mini bus driving everywhere, flood everywhere, traffic everywhere, no peace anywhere.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) / Missing Air Force Alpha Jet Found Crashed At Abba-Jille, Fate Of Pilots Unknown / Plane Makes Emergency Landing After Engine Parts Fell Off In U.S(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.