Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? (48163 Views)

Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom Is one of the Most Cleanest City In Nigeria ..photos / Photos Of The New Uyo-Ikot Ekpene Road: Akwa Ibom & Good Roads Na 5&6 / Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Sonoyom(m): 12:46am On Sep 22, 2020
thundafire:
am a proud Efik man. They problems of Calabar has been the ibibios yet they don't respect owners of the land.
They won't stay in their land either, they prefer staying in Calabar telling tales of how Akwa Ibom Ayaya.

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Atouke: 3:40am On Sep 22, 2020
100Caliber:
Efik Edi Efik.
I'm Efik ,You are not ,so shut it .We don't give a damn about your brotherhood because our eyes are opened and you have shown your true wicked colors. There are no Efiks in Akwa ibom and no Ibibios/Oros indigenous to Cross river. When a working governor arrive he'll deport thousand of Akwa ibomites like Donald Duke did ,but did not have enough time to complete . Calabar edi ediyie obio Canaan. we know you envy Efik . We know you want Calabar and Cross river to fail. When you make silly comments and are called out you cry wolf. Did you call out the bigot ilaumoh always wishing bad on Calabar ? show me which of my statements is false . You can keep the oil wells , Efik and Calabar will keep soaring high despite your secret envy and sabotage . Wicked people , go back to your state ! you are burden to yourself and burden to others .Everyone is complaining about you, rivers state ,Cross river state ,Lagos, Bayelsa,Imo,Abia. what a pathetic bunch.

Your hate is never going to stop us.we keep it moving!

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Atouke: 3:41am On Sep 22, 2020
Sonoyom:

They won't stay in their land either, they prefer staying in Calabar telling tales of how Akwa Ibom Ayaya.
You claim calabar but you dont own nothing in calabar.

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 3:47am On Sep 22, 2020
-
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 3:49am On Sep 22, 2020
-
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Atouke: 3:56am On Sep 22, 2020
100Caliber:
Your father owns Calabar. grin
Of course as a full blooded ibibio, all okopusem land is my land. And that includes calabar and there is nothing you can do about it . I own several houses and investment in calabar and will keep investing there, and you cant do kpim!
But only hate and envy just as you have been doing.

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 3:58am On Sep 22, 2020
-
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Atouke: 4:15am On Sep 22, 2020
100Caliber:
Ibibio means slave in Efik language. cry me a river . when the next Efik Governor comes along he'll send as many clowns like you away like Donald Duke did . You are a burden to yourself and everyone . We are working on methods to get rid of you pests . No one needs your investment and you have no investment. Sit your big butt in your state and stop being a nuisance everywhere doing house boy/girl and gate man and prostitution. utilize the oil wealth wisely before it runs out . Bye Bye .
What a fool you are, we will install the next okopusem governor after the waste of two Atam governors like you. Fools like you who destroyed cross river state and with people with no sense .
The same hate that you atam people have for Akwa ibom led you to supreme court and you lost the oil wells we gave to our brother Donald Duke when he was governor . You think an okopusem governor would have taken Akwa ibom to court over oil wells?
Only foolish Atam people like you would have done it ,now you are living with the consequences of your stupidity.

Donald Duke had 2 commissioners from Akwa ibom in his govt. And several SSA.
And when the next okopusem governor comes we will have even more positions.
In three years I will remind you.
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 4:17am On Sep 22, 2020
-
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Atouke: 4:18am On Sep 22, 2020
100Caliber:
You are from Gabon. we Efiks do no need akwa ibom. what don't you understand? our eyes are now open. we hope you enjoy the oil wells .
Atam dunce

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 4:20am On Sep 22, 2020
Atouke:

Atam dunce
Gabonese clown. keep crying.
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 6:43am On Sep 22, 2020
100Caliber:
You are from Gabon. we Efiks do no need akwa ibom. stay in your own state. what don't you understand? our eyes are now open. we hope you enjoy the oil wells .
So after all this your ranting your not even an Efik, wonders the say will never end.... So an atam man like you will still have the mouth to rant anyhow..
You're really indeed sick in the head..
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 6:45am On Sep 22, 2020
Atouke:

Atam dunce
Am so surprised that dunce is from atam.. grin
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 6:52am On Sep 22, 2020
Atouke:

I was so surprised to know Akwa Ibom govern them.. Like the military governors were all from Akwa-Ibom and all this major infrastructures like U. J. Esuene stadium and thier Airport etc.. Was built and own by Akwa Ibomites grin
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Sonoyom(m): 7:29am On Sep 22, 2020
Atouke:

Who is this one again?
I am an Efik man so i don't have to claim anything as for what i own we don't have to argue about it in a faceless forum, we already know those who are always 'claiming'.

So you, where do you claim and what do you own?

2 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Sonoyom(m): 7:38am On Sep 22, 2020
100Caliber:
Ibibio means slave in Efik language. cry me a river . when the next Efik Governor comes along he'll send as many clowns like you away like Donald Duke did . You are a burden to yourself and everyone . We are working on methods to get rid of you pests . No one needs your investment and you have no investment. Sit your big butt in your state and stop being a nuisance everywhere doing house boy/girl and gate man and prostitution. utilize the oil wealth wisely before it runs out . No more replies from me , I and the other Efiks on this thread have made our point and that's the general Efik outlook. Being Honest and wanting space does not mean hatred or envy. you are the one that stole oil wells and also Envy Efik and wish bad on Calabar. Bye bye
It's best you stop replying this people, there are two set of people Landlords in Port Harcourt are very careful about giving their properties to this people are one of them. They love living in shanties so whenever they are making this much noise, i will just laugh and move forward because an Efik man is want an Ibibio dreams to be. Efik edi mbakara.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Amah70: 9:40am On Sep 22, 2020
Abagworo:

I guess Peter Obi did it in Agulu and Ngige did it in Alor. Nonsense and ingredients. Eastern Palm University Ogboko which is Rochas Hometown is the best structured University in the entire Southeast and probably South-south.

Stop flaunting Eastern Palm University- it’s wasting.

Owerri and Gov Uzodinma can’t allow Eastern Palm University be a government university, but Eastern Palm University cannot be a private university because it was built when Rochas was governor.
You see how the university came to be for naught.
Hope Uzodinma fights his enemies till the end of the world, doesn’t think twice.
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by maxlev1: 10:08am On Sep 22, 2020
Ilaumoh:

I was so surprised to know Akwa Ibom govern them.. Like the military governors were all from Akwa-Ibom and all this major infrastructures like U. J. Esuene stadium and thier Airport etc.. Was built and own by Akwa Ibomites grin
That is one of the major reasons for the hatred bro. Akwa Ibomites seems to be better than them in every aspect.

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by nams77: 10:53am On Sep 22, 2020
Ilaumoh:

Baba ke? grin
Yes o. Baba wey dey for heaven

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by B2mario(m): 12:54pm On Sep 22, 2020
100Caliber:
And yet there are millions of akwa ibomite resident in Imo state and sharing that small allocation. How many Imolites reside in Akwa ibom? I bet you can count it in one hand . That is how Akwa ibom is cheating everyone.

Oga leave this sentiment and don't drag me into it. Everyone has right to reside anywhere he or she desires.

Let's celebrate with Akwa ibom people, it's their turn to shine no one knows where the blessing will go tomorrow. Before 1999 Akwa ibom used to be the worst state in the whole of southeast and southsouth but today, it is the best. Back then everybody used to sing Calabar the small London but today, nobody think of Calabar again. Life is rotatory, so don't kill yourself tommorow might be your turn. I remember Uyo back then, nobody knows that a day like this will come.

God is great.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by oneeast3: 12:58pm On Sep 22, 2020
This is Aba Abia.

B2mario:

Oga leave this sentiment and don't drag me into it. Everyone has right to reside anywhere he or she desires.

Let's celebrate with Akwa ibom people, it's their turn to shine no one knows where the blessing will go tomorrow. Before 1999 Akwa ibom used to be the worst state in the whole of southeast and southsouth but today, it is the best. Back then everybody used to sing Calabar the small London but today, nobody think of Calabar again. Life is rotatory, so don't kill yourself tommorow might be your turn. I remember Uyo back then, nobody knows that a day like this will come.

God is great.

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 22, 2020
-

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 22, 2020
-

2 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ofiagu(m): 4:25pm On Sep 22, 2020
Ilaumoh:

Is just 3hrs or less

Noted

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 5:23pm On Sep 22, 2020
100Caliber:
All I did was pointed out to Rossikk that 11 of the photos are the same spot from different angles. I also pointed out to him and that bigoted clown ilaumoh that the dancers are Efik Calabar dancers,the foods are Efik Calabar foods and his surname "Ekpe" is Efik name,Akwa people are a burden , among other facts . I also pointed out that some of the pics he posted as Ikot ekpene are Uyo. Cannibalism has been part of annang culture whether it's openly practiced today or not. these are verifiable facts and he's yapping about nonsense and can't disprove facts.
He doesn't even live in the Ibeno or ikot ekpene or akwa ibom , just random google pics and create stupid threads. What is road and building ? He's trying to use reverse psychology on me . why would I hate akwa ibom for having roads and building ? Calabar has plans to build and be developed. there's some little private developments also going on in Calabar ,just not as loud as the akwa media propaganda with village mentality. SMH
Am happy everybody now knows the dunce you are, an hateful dunce that will soon die of hate.. grin
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 5:24pm On Sep 22, 2020
Ofiagu:

Noted
You will so love it here..
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 6:07pm On Sep 22, 2020
inyenejo:
Nice one
Yeah bro
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 6:19pm On Sep 22, 2020
B2mario:

This is very beautiful. Infact, money is good. Since the oil boom in the state, the state has experienced tremendous development. Eket is almost like this.
Your welcome bro

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 22, 2020
-
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 9:35pm On Sep 22, 2020
100Caliber:
Mumu, keep crying ,hater.
People are advising you and exposing you not me grin
You go soon run mental grin
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 22, 2020
Ilaumoh:

[s]People are advising you and exposing you not me grin
You go soon run mental ;[/s]
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by lordaltruist(m): 11:59am On Sep 23, 2020
100Caliber:
All I did was pointed out to Rossikk that 11 of the photos are the same spot from different angles. I also pointed out to him and that bigoted clown ilaumoh that the dancers are Efik Calabar dancers,the foods are Efik Calabar foods and his surname "Ekpe" is Efik name,Akwa people are a burden , among other facts . I also pointed out that some of the pics he posted as Ikot ekpene are Uyo. Cannibalism has been part of annang culture whether it's openly practiced today or not. these are verifiable facts and he's yapping about nonsense and can't disprove facts.
He doesn't even live in the Ibeno or ikot ekpene or akwa ibom , just random google pics and create stupid threads. What is road and building ? He's trying to use reverse psychology on me . why would I hate akwa ibom for having roads and building ? Calabar has plans to build and be developed. there's some little private developments also going on in Calabar ,just not as loud as the akwa media propaganda with village mentality. SMH

MY OPINION
I have diligently read through almost all your comments on this topic and even though I am forced to go through your profile (which I didn't), what I have seen to far is enough to tell me the bitterness and hate you have for a state you are supposed to call your brother; you speak of differences as though there are any much difference between Cross River and Akwa Ibom, just like you don't expect a child you gave birth to, to have your DNA; this is the same the with Cross River and Akwa Ibom. Ranging from traditional practices to the food, attires and affluence, they both share similarities.
Just like an ignorant person will address someone from Cross River as an Akwa Ibomite when you dress, cook, speak, and practice your tradition, same goes for an Akwa Ibomite.
Sincerely speaking when it comes to development, Akwa Ibom needs to be praised for what it has achieved so far even though you would say they should have done better; it is no easy fit to achieve what to have achieved considering the kind of country we are in and our political structure.
If you would say the truth, you would agree with me that even as at 1999-2008, Akwa Ibom was nothing to speak of in all ramifications of development except the fact that they are good in house-help, gatekeeper, drivers, farmers, traders and almost every meaner job in this country; not forgetting to mention prostitution (though this is a thing every state in Nigeria engages in, it was more as if it was high in Akwa Ibom) but today, the state could speak of industries, magnificent infrastructural development and most importantly, economic viability which have helped to reduce the rate of both unemployment, prostitution, and most importantly crime in the state just in a matter of 12years; this is the reason if not for every other thing, as a brother and a father you should be happy for her, encourage her and help her to grow.
I am always very hot when I see Cross Riverians and Akwa Ibomite fighting over who is better and or who is not; Cross River and Akwa Ibom joining forces together would be like the Dubai of today but our hatred for one another has not allow us to see this; we would have been the Nigeria of everyone's dream but pride won't let us be it rather we would want to pull the other down and climb up forgetting the words of our fathers that says when you point a finger to someone remember the remaining three is pointing back at you.
MY RESOLUTION:
I have decided that yes Akwa Ibom is not developed but it is fast developing;
Akwa Ibomite do meaner job and are unemployed, it's better than to get wealth illegally;
Akwa Ibomite are poor, yes it's better we die poor than to steal;
Akwa Ibomite are prostitutes, is there any state in Nigeria where there are no prostitutes who are indigene?
I am happy with my Akwa Ibom and I don't seem to pull you down so don't seek my downfall.
FINALLY:
Yes I am Akwa Ibomite by birth,
Yes I am Akwa Ibomite by language,
And yes I am an Akwa Ibomite by person,
I am first a Nigerian and forever a Nigerian;
I celebrate every state in Nigeria and which them good because I am first a Nigerian.
I eat Nigeria
I breath Nigeria
I dream Nigeria and yes
I am Nigeria.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

The Following Are The Countries Already In 2019 / My Visit To Chad (live Update). / Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.