Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? (48311 Views)

Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom Is one of the Most Cleanest City In Nigeria ..photos / Photos Of The New Uyo-Ikot Ekpene Road: Akwa Ibom & Good Roads Na 5&6 / Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 2:10am On Sep 21, 2020
100Caliber:
No city one has the right to brag with the kind of system Nigeria operates. if all local governments or senatorial districts control their resource who would know a village like Uyo or Ikot ekpene compared to places like Ibeno ,Oron and even Calabar. Eket has no oil , the Esuene who was Eket man just used his millitary power to move mobile there and als named the district Ikot ekpene district.
The only reason Ikot ekpene and Uyo are received facelift is thanks to Akpabio an anang man who Governor and oil price boom then. it's was not through the effort of the residence or Ikot ekpene and Uyo having any resources like other developed cities around the world. to me these are artificial and unsustainable developments which happened by chance and chances are it won't last.
I wasn't attacking you but was simply saying you will encourage politicians to loot more, using excuses like am getting lower allocation and all... Meanwhile am from Ibeno..

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 2:12am On Sep 21, 2020
Ilaumoh:

I wasn't attacking you but was simply saying you will encourage politicians to loot more, using excuses like am getting lower allocation and all... Meanwhile am from Ibeno..
Ok. i've just notice the way people talk as if Uyo and ikot ekpene have any resources or the residents are smarter than other undeveloped areas. The truth of the matter is if Oron man is governor , Oron would develop. If Ibeno man is governor , Ibeno would develop. The chairmen and senators can not really undertake much development because the governors have all the money . the governor can decide not to develop a particular place. That's the flawed system we practice in Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 2:18am On Sep 21, 2020
100Caliber:
Ok. i've just notice the way people talk as if Uyo and ikot ekpene have any resources or the residents are smarter than other undeveloped areas. The truth of the matter is if Oron man is governor , Oron would develop. If Ibeno man is governor , Ibeno would develop. The chairmen and senators can not really undertake much development because the governors have all the money . the governor can deciee not to develop a particular place. That's a flawed system.
Yeah and I love the way we rotate governorship position..
And with what Akpabio did to is l. G. A and what Udom is currently doing in Onna with time Akwa-Ibom will be fully developed..
Secondly Oron and Ibeno will honestly develop naturally because of the resources they both poses.

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by udemzyudex(m): 2:30am On Sep 21, 2020
Ilaumoh:
Ritman university ikot Ekpene

I know this school, the last time i travelled home, I stayed around that area for a day. Ikot Ekpene is a nice place.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 2:32am On Sep 21, 2020
udemzyudex:

I know this school, the last i travelled home, I stayed around that area for a day. Ikot Ekpene is a nice place.
Third best City in Akwa Ibom state..
Uyo
Eket
Ikot ekpene
Oron
Ibeno
Ikot Abasi
Onna.. The newest baby on board..

5 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by udemzyudex(m): 2:32am On Sep 21, 2020
100Caliber:
No city one has the right to brag with the kind of system Nigeria operates. if all local governments or senatorial districts control their resource who would know a village like Uyo or Ikot ekpene compared to places like Ibeno ,Oron and even Calabar. Eket has no oil , the Esuene who was Eket man used his military power to move mobile there and also named the district Eket district.
The only reason Ikot ekpene and Uyo received facelift is thanks to Akpabio an anang man who was Governor and oil price boom then. it's was not through the effort of the residence or Ikot ekpene and Uyo having any resources like other developed cities around the world. to me these are artificial and unsustainable developments which happened by chance and chances are it won't last.

Do you reside in Akwa-Ibom state?
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 2:43am On Sep 21, 2020
Morere

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 2:44am On Sep 21, 2020
Morete

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by dasparrow: 2:48am On Sep 21, 2020
Beautiful city. I love what I am seeing. One day when I am visiting Nigeria, I will visit God willing.

5 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ilaumoh(m): 3:03am On Sep 21, 2020
dasparrow:
Beautiful city. I love what I am seeing. One day when I am visiting Nigeria, I will visit God willing.
You are welcome in advance bro
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 3:11am On Sep 21, 2020
dasparrow:
Some things in life are deeper than meets the eyes . You may end up in someone's pot . Make sure you move around in group and don't wander off into unknown places, especially at night .

3 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 3:35am On Sep 21, 2020
Nice town and quite clean too. My advice to would-be tourists: take extra care of your head when visiting in those parts

Annang people are serious cannibals

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Ikinternational: 3:51am On Sep 21, 2020
After reading the last two comments I just told my driver never mind. We can scratch akwa ibom off the list

2 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Freaknasty: 4:08am On Sep 21, 2020
Jaghut:
Nice town and quite clean too. My advice to would-be tourists: take extra care of your head when visiting in those parts

Annang people are serious cannibals

This is a very serious allegation. I hope you have evidence to back it up.

4 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by jimmychang: 4:35am On Sep 21, 2020
Please abeg i take God beg you

No kpeme for Ikot-Ekpene because nobody ,I repeat nobody go tell you kpele.....

Runs away ...... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by GeneralPula: 4:42am On Sep 21, 2020
edoairways:
That is because the media team from that state spend less in publicizing it. Calabar is well known by many thanks to Donald Duke

He was my preferred Presidential candidate in the last 2 national elections..
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Rosskii: 4:45am On Sep 21, 2020
The tantalizing and highly delectable dishes of Ikot-Ekpene

Abak-Atama Soup

The world famous Edikainkong Soup

Afang Soup
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4652216_edikang_jpeg90ee13d4a6b447901ac0704b769a75ce

Ekpang Ukwukwo (Cocoyam and Water Yam Porridge)
[img]https://ounjealadun.files./2020/06/20200604_181201_wm-2.jpg[/img]

Efere Ibaba Soup

Edesi Isip (Coconut Rice)

White Soup

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 4:46am On Sep 21, 2020
Lots of Igbo people love there

Things are cheap

Its clean

Close to uyo. 20 mins drive

Influx of goods from aba

A commercial town

9 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by favour32(m): 4:52am On Sep 21, 2020
Atouke:
Ikot ekpene is actually a great city to live in Nigeria, it's very affordable and you avoid the high rent in Uyo the capital city while you are 20 mins drive from uyo in a dualized autobahn.
Ikot ekpene is a great place for you adults just starting live, but you must have entrepreneurial drive, cos there are no jobs like every where else in Nigeria.
Ikot ekpene has the federal government college, state polytechnic , and the federal poly ukana is a stone throw, it also has the Ritman University ikot ekpene, for those who are school age.
A city park, for picnics and family hangout, a numbers of relaxation spots and Raffia Arts is the major handwork of the people of this area.
Raffia arts made in ikot ekpene is famous worldwide, even the colonialists have been known to dabble in arts from this area, the wooden mask carved in Ikot ekpene is also very famous.
The Oil palm business in hqt in this area.

Ikot ekpene is a much older city than Uyo, it was the first Experimental Local government in British west Africa, ie this is where the British started the idea of local government administration in west Africa. Ikot ekpene has lots of colonial architecture that will mesmerize you, especially the churches.

It is the most beautiful local government area in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by SweetCunt97(f): 4:56am On Sep 21, 2020
Peeps from this part are usually neat and well organized. Cleaniless is in them

6 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by anonimi: 4:59am On Sep 21, 2020
Rosskii:
Nobody ever talks about Ikot-Ekpene, the lovely, quaint Nigerian city in Akwa Ibom state.
No more silence.
Fellow Nigerians, Welcome to Ikot-Ekpene.

Please do you also have pictures of massive factories in industrial complexes as well as research outfits keeping everyone busy to create value that will sustain the oyoyo infrastructure?
How about 24/7 pipe borne water in the entire city?

3 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by chukwuibuipob: 5:01am On Sep 21, 2020
cool I must explore this state soon Lefulefu,get ready,we are traveling soon to discover em
Ilaumoh:
Ritman university ikot Ekpene

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by anonimi: 5:05am On Sep 21, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
cool I must explore this state soon Lefulefu,get ready,we are traveling soon to discover em

Going there on exile after the Edo trashing? tongue
Safe journey.

6 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by waslag11(m): 5:05am On Sep 21, 2020
lovely place to live

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by ike95: 5:06am On Sep 21, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by nextstep(m): 5:07am On Sep 21, 2020
I need to visit this Ikot-Ekpene... I've heard so much about it... OP it looks nice, but how is night life? Comparing it with other small cities like Asaba?

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by anonimi: 5:08am On Sep 21, 2020
100Caliber:
Ok. i've just notice the way people talk as if Uyo and ikot ekpene have any resources or the residents are smarter than other undeveloped areas. The truth of the matter is if Oron man is governor , Oron would develop. If Ibeno man is governor , Ibeno would develop. The chairmen and senators can not really undertake much development because the governors have all the money . the governor can decide not to develop a particular place. That's the flawed system we practice in Nigeria.

That is the reason we need to go back to the pre-1966 arrangement promised by Barawo Bubu.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2343594_buharitruefederalismpromise_jpegc85970dabfc1bf2df5d730398a429913

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2674047_2671101fbimg1435752845837jpeg8fa3e5cefe73fa369d83ff842dcb8396_jpeg_jpeg08705abfd750ea2ff336c659bb1b7a6a

3 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by chukwuibuipob: 5:08am On Sep 21, 2020
sad.
anonimi:

Going there on exile after the Edo trashing? tongue
Safe journey.
undecided
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by anonimi: 5:09am On Sep 21, 2020
ike95:
no be beauty we go chop now business area we want

Exactly.
Business is the koko not hotels and fine places for fuckery only.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by anonimi: 5:11am On Sep 21, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
sad. undecided

Doh.
I wish you better luck with Ondo.

1 Like

Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by chukwuibuipob: 5:11am On Sep 21, 2020
[/s]
anonimi:

Please do you also have pictures of massive factories in industrial complexes as well as research outfits keeping everyone busy to create value that will sustain the oyoyo infrastructure?
How about 24/7 pipe borne water in the entire city?
face Ur Aba
Re: Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by mattmogan88: 5:13am On Sep 21, 2020
SHAKING MY HEAD

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Anambra Airport Is Ready, Waiting For NCAA Approval For Commercial Flights / Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) / Girl, 15, Among Four Migrants Found Hidden Inside Car Dashboards And Engines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.