Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). (61840 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 11:32pm On Mar 08, 2011
dayokanu:

If this is not daft, what else could be daft?

Barcelona scored by a mistake, How did Arsenal score?

And you are a consummate twit - if the ref left it at that point as 11 vs 11, the game would've progressed without any debates.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by lalaboi(m): 11:34pm On Mar 08, 2011
2 weeks ago, arsenal boasted of contending in 5trophies. . . it will prolly get reduced to 2 at the weekend. .  

Not even one shot on target?. .  its disgraceful!. .   and Bendtner?. . . na only leyton orient like teams he sabi do gragra for, .   grin grin

I really did want arsenal to knockout the "favourites" . .well, looks like some other team will teach them how not to ply against barca . .

Van Persie can claim shit about not hearing the whistle. .  na today?. .  Lie lie to create controversy. .  the yellow for that was harsh tho.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 11:36pm On Mar 08, 2011
Barcelona                                           Arsenal                           

20(12)    Shots (on Goal)                 0(0)
7          Fouls                                        19
5         Corner Kicks                         2
8          Offsides                                 4
76%    Time of Possession               24%
0            Yellow Cards                         3
0           Red Cards                         1
0           Saves                                 9
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by mukina2: 11:37pm On Mar 08, 2011
sirwebs:

Almunia exorcised his demons from the final against Barca; Bendtner talks the talk, but can't walk the walk; It's time to send the Catalan home . . .and give the arm-band to Wilshere. He's a Gooner through and through.
and you have people saying ALL the boys played well, had it been eboue or anyother, you would have them slating  undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 11:38pm On Mar 08, 2011
debosky:

And you are a consummate twit - if the ref left it at that point as 11 vs 11, the game would've progressed without any debates.

What did the ref do? Refusing to give Messi a penalty or to give Kolscieny a long overdue red card? Which one?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 11:40pm On Mar 08, 2011
dayokanu:

What did the ref do? Refusing to give Messi a penalty or to give Kolscieny a long overdue red card? Which one?

For giving the softest sending off in human history - if he wanted to give the penalty, no one stopped him from doing so.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 11:43pm On Mar 08, 2011
It would do twits like DK good to go check the possession stats against Inter last season, they were identical. . . .only that their sending off was legitimate unlike ours.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by otokx(m): 11:44pm On Mar 08, 2011
when will the boys grow up?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by sirwebs(m): 11:46pm On Mar 08, 2011
Latins ans their romantic ways; if Cesc were Anglo-Saxon or African, he would have sunk Barca.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 11:46pm On Mar 08, 2011
debosky:

For giving the softest sending off in human history - if he wanted to give the penalty, no one stopped him from doing so.

What was the softest sending off?

Van persie deserved the red card way before in the first half

Which of his offences do not deserve a Yellow card? He shoved Alvez in the first half, He should have been sent off minutes later for dissent but the ref overlooked.

Later he kicked the ball after the whistle which is a stonewall Yellow.

Kolcieny had no biz being on the field.

He was on a yellow , The foul for Messis penalty was another yellow plus the hack on Villa. None of them was given and these asswipes come here to say Ref was biased against them.

What a group of tossers
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by MrTA(m): 11:48pm On Mar 08, 2011
Ive not come here to make fun of you, shame you lost but the better side went through tonight. The ref make a big mistake sending RvP off but firstly Rvp shouldnt have gone for retribution on alves which is what got him a first yellow in the 1st half. Also the ref made poor decisions for Barcelona as well. Should have been a clear penalty in the first half. And dont forget the legit goal given offside for Messi at the Emirates.

Anyways, my point is. Refs mess up as well, but you have to give yourself the best chance in any event which you didnt,( You were quite poor today given how many I thought you would take advantage of Barca missing their two best centerbacks)and RvP didnt.

Better luck next time. (although not too much luck against man utd on saturday wink)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 11:51pm On Mar 08, 2011
DK is a twit - even the first yellow for RVP was not a yellow - the replay showed that his eyes were on the ball from the throw and he was simply trying to prevent the defender reaching the ball and didn't 'push him in the face' with any intent.

If RVP deserves a yellow for that, then Abidal should be sent off for putting his hand on RVP's throat.

Keep coming up with dafter statements.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by hannie: 11:52pm On Mar 08, 2011
Ok kids . . .SCRAM!!!  angry

Yes we are out of the UCL  . . .painful if u ask me but y'all ediots and wa.nksters can see we remain resolutely here to uphold our gunnership unlike some dolts that would desert the cyberspace under the same conditions or even less . . .

1st of all . , . .f@ck UEFA and all referees the world over, its obvious the world over that Arsenal when mentioned makes some refs cringe and the fear of the name make them take some outrageously rash decisions and if u down with these refs . . .F@CK U TOO!  angry

NO 2 . . .Wenger killed the game today, I feel bad that he started Rosicky in the 1st place, to do what ? what does he add to the team? Like I told Debo, Diaby would start what I wasnt sure was who and who he would play along with, but its obvious AW gets carried away too easily and gets confused . . .infact TRUTH IS AW has FORGOTTEN WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN TROPHIES!!!

Why allow a FAB4 that wasnt fit to play so many minutes, the only pass I saw he made was one that resulted to a goal and like I said FAB4 SHOULD HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO GO, BUT SOME EDIOTS HERE LIKE IBIME SAID HE IS THE MOST INFLUENTIAL PLAYER IN THE EPL . . .INFLUENTIAL? F@CK IT . . .FAB4 is almost always a dolt except things are working for the team, he is no CAPTAIN FANTASTIQUE . . .I hate to gloat but I have always said it . . .SONG IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER IN THE ARSENAL TEAM . . .LOSE HIM AND BE SURE THAT TEAM IS SUSCEPTIBLE TO LOSING QUITE EASILY!!!  cry

If Song had played he would have snuffed out the life from Messi long time before any meaningful damage would have been done . . .seriously why did AW PLAY ROSICKY ?  shocked  shocked is he sick or sum'tin ?  undecided

The long and short of this is - FAB4 should be allowed to go rot of the Catalan bench,

Bendtner, Chamakh, Squilacci, Almunia, Diaby and Denilson should be sold off . . .ARSENAL DESERVES BETTER IF WE WANT TO COMPETE AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL!

AW has to set his pride apart and weed this team of non-performers . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by proudly9ja(m): 11:52pm On Mar 08, 2011
Mr_TA:

Ive not come here to make fun of you, shame you lost but the better side went through tonight. The ref make a big mistake sending RvP off but firstly Rvp shouldnt have gone for retribution on alves which is what got him a first yellow in the 1st half. Also the ref made poor decisions for Barcelona as well. Should have been a clear penalty in the first half. And dont forget the legit goal given offside for Messi at the Emirates.

Anyways, my point is. Refs mess up as well, but you have to give yourself the best chance in any event which you didnt,( You were quite poor today given how many I thought you would take advantage of Barca missing their two best centerbacks)and RvP didnt.

Better luck next time. (although not too much luck against man utd on saturday wink)

+1
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by sleekdot(m): 11:57pm On Mar 08, 2011
This is Dayokanu- Spambot has banned me

debosky:

It would do twits like DK good to go check the possession stats against Inter last season, they were identical. . . .only that their sending off was legitimate unlike ours.

Is this not insane?

Mottas sending off was legitimate? WOW. I never knew the demetia was this bad. When Busquet was obviouslyplayacting to get Motta sent off?

Debo must be a synonym for m0r0n Chamakh

[flash=500,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch=/v/RINJobmWeFc&feature=related[/flash]

[flash=500,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch=/v/fwfZwdP66og[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by sirwebs(m): 12:01am On Mar 09, 2011
Saturday now, Howard Webb, or some other Mancunian tosser, fit come do im own ojoro. Hei, we don suffer for referees hand.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by sirwebs(m): 12:06am On Mar 09, 2011
10 men against the 12 men of the best team in world? I'm proud we only lost on aggregate by one goal. Vital Arsena
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by presido1: 12:07am On Mar 09, 2011
Rubbish team blaming the ref. Don't kick the ball after the ref has whistled especially when the game is in your favour. That is the rule if you see it as soft that your own cup of coffee. Sagna received yellow too for such offence.

I did not see you people blame UEFA and ref when Messi's goal was disallowed 3 weeks ago, i did not see you guys blame the ref when ref waived away messi pen, i did not see you guys blame the ref when he gave a pen but no yellow to make it two for Kos.

The bottom line is you can't be on defensive mode for 90 minutes against a team like barca never!!!!!!.

As usual gnashing of teeth continues.

The person calling for EPL to pull out of UEFA, you should have called for FIFA/UEFA ban on Arsenal for disgracing EPL with this kinda display tonite
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by medjai(m): 12:10am On Mar 09, 2011
dayokanu:

The ref cheated Arsenal see stats  below
Match Stats

Barcelona                                           Arsenal                            

20(12)    Shots (on Goal)                 0(0)
7          Fouls                                        19
5         Corner Kicks                         2
8          Offsides                                 4
76%    Time of Possession               24%
0            Yellow Cards                         3
0           Red Cards                         1
0           Saves                                 9
Oh my word! No shot off target? This has never happened.
shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by sirwebs(m): 12:10am On Mar 09, 2011
Twitter:
Great support from the arsenal fans. I take full blame for the result tonight. One of the worst moments of my life. I apologise - Cesc

Wilshere - Arsenal fans great as always! Sorry about the result,good luck to Barca,great team! Oh yeah and the ref was good aswell,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 12:11am On Mar 09, 2011
medjai:

Oh my word! No shot off target? This has never happened.
shocked shocked

My word! Medjai confirms he IS a twit of epic proportions. cheesy

GO check the match report for last year's game vs Inter.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by mukina2: 12:14am On Mar 09, 2011
debosky:

lol be nice cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by mukina2: 12:15am On Mar 09, 2011
sirwebs:

Twitter:
Great support from the arsenal fans. I take full blame for the result tonight. One of the worst moments of my life. I apologise - Cesc
ha! i am glad that he realised it!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by presido1: 12:17am On Mar 09, 2011
debosky:

GO check the match report for last year's game vs Inter
Did they have zero shots on/off target?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by lalaboi(m): 12:17am On Mar 09, 2011
debosky:

Inter yato si Arsenal just like lagos yato berlin! . .  The thing is ppl expected alot from arsenal. .  . with the way you play week in week out. .  not to have a shot on goal is very very surprising! . . even Julius berger fc will start to dey get liver if them see the stats
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by codeb(m): 12:21am On Mar 09, 2011
From QUADRUPLE to ?
Shyte team! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by medjai(m): 12:26am On Mar 09, 2011
presido1:

Rubbish team blaming the ref. Don't kick the ball after the ref has whistled especially when the game is in your favour. That is the rule if you see it as soft that your own cup of coffee. Sagna received yellow too for such offence.

I did not see you people blame UEFA and ref when Messi's goal was disallowed 3 weeks ago, i did not see you guys blame the ref when ref waived away messi pen, i did not see you guys blame the ref when he gave a pen but no yellow to make it two for Kos.

The bottom line is you can't be on defensive mode for 90 minutes against a team like barca never!!!!!!.

As usual gnashing of teeth continues.

The person calling for EPL to pull out of UEFA, you should have called for FIFA/UEFA ban on Arsenal for disgracing EPL with this kinda display tonite
U dey mind dem? It's only Arsenal fans that will accuse a referee of bias for giving a Yellow card for a Yellow card offence. What? the ref shoulda been lenient? van Persie was already on a Yellow, he was treading on thin nice, his behaviour for the remainder of the game should have been immaculate. He had already been cautioned and warned severally, what else should the ref had done. Rules are rules. That was a Yellow card offence and he got the appropriate sanction.
Frederic Piquone was sent off against Everton for taking off his shirt when jubilating after scoring. He was already on a Yellow and got a second Yellow card for taking off his shirt. Is it cast in stone that a ref should be lenient? The only thing cast in stone are the rules. A ref can decide to turn the cheek for an offence but when he doesn't we shouldn't castigate him.

Besides, what did you do with van Persie on the pitch?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by sirwebs(m): 12:29am On Mar 09, 2011
^^ It was 1-1 when Persie was wrongly sent off.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 12:30am On Mar 09, 2011
dayokanu:

The ref cheated Arsenal see stats  below
Match Stats

Barcelona                                           Arsenal                            

20(12)                  Shots (on Goal)        0(0)

this can't be correct. a team went 90 mins on the pitch without shooting on target and off target? arsene wenger should be sacked.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by hannie: 12:31am On Mar 09, 2011
medjai:

U dey mind dem? It's only Arsenal fans that will accuse a referee of bias for giving a Yellow card for a Yellow card offence. What? the ref shoulda been lenient? van Persie was already on a Yellow, he was treading on thin nice, his behaviour for the remainder of the game should have been immaculate. He had already been cautioned and warned severally, what else should the ref had done. Rules are rules. That was a Yellow card offence and he got the appropriate sanction.
Frederic Piquone was sent off against Everton for taking off his shirt when jubilating after scoring. He was already on a Yellow and got a second Yellow card for taking off his shirt. Is it cast in stone that a ref should be lenient? The only thing cast in stone are the rules. A ref can decide to turn the cheek for an offence but when he doesn't we shouldn't castigate him.

Besides, what did you do with van Persie on the pitch?

oh f@ck off u bloody wa.nkster!!!

u got only expired semen in ur scrotum, stop spreading diseases around, WEREY!

WE ARE THE ARSENAL!!!

WE ARE THE BIGGEST TEAM ON NL, WE LOST AND WE REALIZE WE NEED TO MOVE ON . . .STOP TRYING TO MAKE URSELF KNOWN AROUND, BLOODY TWUNT!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 12:34am On Mar 09, 2011
sirwebs:

^^ It was 1-1 when Persie was wrongly sent off.

wrongly sent off? van persie pushed a man in his face(1st yellow) then he tried to waste time by shooting when he knew he was offside. of course, he deserved to be sent off. then again, when busquets copped his own goal, van persie picked the ball and kicked it into row z. the referee must have seen that. van persie being a veteran should know better.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 12:47am On Mar 09, 2011
He tried to waste time by shooting one second after the whistle was blown?

The mind boggles.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (100)

Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 / 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.