Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,814 members, 7,862,701 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:12 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). (63182 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by A40(m): 11:21pm On Mar 12, 2011
chamotex:

Some of them are on twitter as we speak but they cant show face here.
Later they'll accuse some other teams that they dont show up when they lose.
Smh tongue tongue
Go chase aeroplane jare! Debosky,Duduspace and my humble self are here! When una lose now na dat time we go know say una get life outside Nairaland  grin grin

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHl2OzgPlgA[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Kilode1: 11:23pm On Mar 12, 2011
That Vic O guy go kill pesin with laughter  grin grin grin grin

"I'm a man of God I'm not a modafuker, yeeeh men"
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by chamotex(m): 11:23pm On Mar 12, 2011
A-40:

Go chase aeroplane jare! Debosky,Duduspace and my humble self are here! When una lose now na dat time we go know say una get life outside Nairaland  grin grin

Laataro grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by chamotex(m): 11:24pm On Mar 12, 2011
Kilode?!:

That Vic O guy go kill pesin with laughter  grin grin grin grin

"I'm a man of God I'm not a modafuker, yeeeh men"

Did he really say that? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by mukina2: 11:38pm On Mar 12, 2011
oh well , . . .na league remain , ,who's next?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by chic2pimp(m): 11:40pm On Mar 12, 2011
Na wa oooo. Na Real Wa ooooo. Anyways me I don award my Man Of The Match To The Second Greatest Dribbler In Europe A.K.A Diaby
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by lalaboi(m): 11:46pm On Mar 12, 2011
What is 4/1?. . 4. . what is 1/4 . . approximately 0,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Jencejyde(m): 11:49pm On Mar 12, 2011
A lot of people are blaming the central defence pairing for the goal, but imho, that is absolutely wrong.

I played as a DM for O.O.U for six years and all the games i featured in NUGA, WAUG and various tournaments, we never concede more than one goal, when i played the holding role. Not that we did not lose games but we hardly lost, most time it was only on penalties,

Again, when we look at the replay, why did rooney have so much time and space to give a cross to hernadez in the box, where was denilson or diaby? Again after the cross was played, why did they not track back in case of a deflection or something, WHY? Centre backs are only as good as the their holding midfilders and goalkeepers. Does denilson or diaby even know what their first priority is to defend and COVER the back four, Its not jsut about passing and playin from LMF or RMF, but the whole front of the back four is your responsibility as a holding midfielder, If you can go forward to score and still have the enrgy to get back and defend then its a plus.

All that blaming of the defense as per this match is really uncalled for. for me Kos is a good defender, but he is not a commanding leader, so he really needs some good cover when he goes about the dirty job.

Again, im quite disappointed  in their attitude at times, United were only a goal up and i expected them to up the pressure, instead their heads dropped and , arrggh!!  what a shame from some players, they really have just stayed this long because of AW's strong headedness. Its a shame,

Anyways, players will come and go, managers will come and go, but the club will always remain, I will always be a gunner and hope that someday, we will go back to our Glory days, Its utterly disappointing to see us play like this, I mean fab is just one guy, before he came to arsenal, were we not winning!!? c'mon men, This is the weakest manu team ive seen in ages and yet we could not beat them, Its horrific to say the least.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by chamotex(m): 11:55pm On Mar 12, 2011
^^^ You were in Uni for six years? shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Jencejyde(m): 11:59pm On Mar 12, 2011
Word on the streets now is that many fans are raging in anger and there is likelhood that tickets sales for arsenal games may drop for next season if they end up with nothing this season, Plus some of our best legs are already thinking of moving on, Did AW have to let it get to this, he tried to prove a point, and it dint work out, now every arsenal fan has to be horrified every season!@#$. Now the board have to seriously do something about the buying policy, Its becoming quite disgusting , Imagine Diarra that AW benched now playing in MAdrid, Haba, what ebo did diaby, denilson and bendt give baba ijebu oh

Any word on when theo is gonna be back?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Jencejyde(m): 12:01am On Mar 13, 2011
Nigerian University and strikes, wetin we go do nah? Abi are you not a nigerian. Its Olabisi Onabanjo University and probably everyone knows what our education has degraded too,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by meine: 12:04am On Mar 13, 2011
I have been listening to Dem Mama by Timaya , all gunners should do same. this is a solemn season grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by chamotex(m): 12:05am On Mar 13, 2011
Jencejyde:

Nigerian University and strikes, wetin we go do nah? Abi are you not a nigerian. Its Olabisi Onabanjo University and probably everyone knows what our education has degraded too,

Okay, I get it now.
Too bad.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by A40(m): 1:05am On Mar 13, 2011
@Jencejyde
Denilson was actually culpable for the first goal

@Chamotex
Ko oshi jor! Na Saturday nau! Shey aa ni mu alomo so okpolo ni??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:45am On Mar 13, 2011
is it that when u chaps have nothing better to do u start nitpicking, or is it thjat you deliberately choose to focus on irrelevant rubbish to divert attention and assuage your pain after each wonky performance?

so and so was at fault for this and that. quit this rubbish and stop embarrassing yourselves further jo, u sound like chavs on a freebie points dashing role

abeg how can i get the old thread? i need to re-quote some of my posts then.

if una like make una blame sepp blatter for half a goal, what u have failed to acknowledge is apparent, u lost to a midfield that is not a midfield shocked shocked shocked against a direct rival at the time it matters as usual! EMPHASIS: AS USUAL

read the handwriting on the wall, a gift awaits the person who points out the real issue with this club, and no, its not wenger.

like i say, i became a arsenal fan before some of these players if not all and managerial folks, i will remain after they are gone. the club is the permanent denominator, my heart bleeds for my beloved.

NB: congrats to chelsea, you just confirmed 2nd spot on the table without much ado, hope you folks fall off a bad or something. do not worry, all you have to do is turn up for your matches, arsenal will ensure you get 2nd unfailingly
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by tkb417(m): 8:12am On Mar 13, 2011
I have always said losing to Chelsea and Liverpool wouldn't make Arsenal win the league. Just because, UTD would amass more points than Arsenal in the last 9 games and of course, UTD would win in London!

You cannot win the league this year

@Ifedisky
Can you now see for yourself? A team of 7 defenders?

So when do you think you can beat UTD? When we have a fit squad? Hehehe

Wait till we come to OT!

E pele oh. With Wenger,nothing can and will be won. I'm now more convinced than b4
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by ritchboy(m): 10:09am On Mar 13, 2011
It's amazing how Wenger can be the best manager but yet the worst coach on earth simultaneously.

Even with very limited finances he's still managed to build a team which pound for pound should rival any other in the country.

Yet Man Utd v Arsenal has become a broken record: United park their Batmobile, invite Arsenal to attack them, then pick them off on the break. SMH

How someone with a coaching badge falls for the same trap time after time boggles the mind.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 10:24am On Mar 13, 2011
^^ Are you questioning the sanity and intelligence of Monsieur WenGAY?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by proudly9ja(m): 11:03am On Mar 13, 2011
I said it last season. All these stubborness will come to hunt AW. Back then I said I pitied him and I still do. He has done a lot for the club but sadly, his stubborness in keeping players that he should have sold off long ago will tarnish his image. Unfortunately, the players he has risked his reputation on have not paid him back in kind.

If he leaves now (either voluntarily or not), it is unfortunate that it is this period of sheer 'madness' that many people will remember him for.

@debosky, when you watch Wilshere play on the field, forget his qualities. Can you compare the determination he plays with to that of many of the other players including 'Captain fantastic'?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by proudly9ja(m): 11:12am On Mar 13, 2011
The United team goes on to the field (no matter who is playing) with the intention of winning the game.

The Arsenal team goes with the intention of not losing. Great difference.

If it was Arsenal that had so many injuries and had to play with 7 defenders, we would have given up even before the game started with ready made excuses. We lose games to referees and injuries even before we kick the ball.

Only a team with better quality players and/or more determined players will beat United. No wonder they lose to teams like Wolves, Chelsea and Liverpool. If their injury situation persists, they will lose to some teams in the lower half fighting against relegation.

Arsenal on the other hand get stuck once we meet a determined side even if they are of lower quality. We just need one thing to go against us and we implode. ref makes a bad decision, player gets injured, balls hit the bar, etc and we lose hope. Like Deni said, there is no leader in that team.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by proudly9ja(m): 11:16am On Mar 13, 2011
Anyways, United WILL drop points in the league, up to us to win the rest of our games. Its just 10 games. Surely, that can't be too hard?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by chamotex(m): 11:23am On Mar 13, 2011
sad sad sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by ritchboy(m): 11:47am On Mar 13, 2011
Back then I said I pitied him and I still do. He has done a lot for the club but sadly, his stubborness in keeping players that he should have sold off long ago will tarnish his image. Unfortunately, the players he has risked his reputation on have not paid him back in kind.

I disagree. . . Arsenal had better players on the field than Man Utd, it's not the players.

The United team goes on to the field (no matter who is playing) with the intention of winning the game.

The Arsenal team goes with the intention of not losing. Great difference.

If it was Arsenal that had so many injuries and had to play with 7 defenders, we would have given up even before the game started with ready made excuses. We lose games to referees and injuries even before we kick the ball.

I don't believe they set out "not to lose", it's a cup tie and they wanted to win certainly. It's not psychological, at least not in that manner.

This is where Wenger has to take the blame for his tactical naivety, always playing into Fergie's hands, ALWAYS! This is unacceptable.

Wenger's immutable game plan may work against Wolves and co because of the sheer difference in quality, but against the better sides he gets found out more often than not.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by proudly9ja(m): 12:00pm On Mar 13, 2011
ritchboy:

I disagree. . . Arsenal had better players on the field than Man Utd, it's not the players.
Thats the point. We had better players on the field. They just didn't let that quality show.

ritchboy:

I don't believe they set out "not to lose", it's a cup tie and they wanted to win certainly. It's not psychological, at least not in that manner.

This is where Wenger has to take the blame for his tactical naivety, always playing into Fergie's hands, ALWAYS! This is unacceptable.

Wenger's immutable game plan may work against Wolves and co because of the sheer difference in quality, but against the better sides he gets found out more often than not.
I have argued on this forum several times that AW needs a plan B for some games. But Ive given up hoping for any but asides that, Arsenal's problem is psychological. We need to consistently show that mental strength to win games especially games like this one and the Barca game.

I believe that this season, 11 vs 11, we have a better team to beat United. But these games have shown we need much more than that quality.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by ritchboy(m): 12:09pm On Mar 13, 2011
^^ Are you questioning the sanity and intelligence of Monsieur WenGAY?

Hehehe, you forget your home boy LvG is in the same 4-2-3-1 "total football" boat as Wenger. For a CC of a typical Arsenal v Man Utd match look no further than Bayern v Inter UCL final. Wenger/LvG do all the playing while SAF/JM do all the scoring.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by presido1: 12:23pm On Mar 13, 2011
Who say SAF is heartless?. grin grin grin

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by presido1: 12:31pm On Mar 13, 2011
ritchboy:

Isn't the two highlighted contradictory? Unless you mean a better side compared to wolves and co. But then you can't compare united to wolves and co.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by diggz: 12:33pm On Mar 13, 2011
I say wengay is heartless nor SAF. Reason bin dat d gay has refused to win common milk cup. Useless manager=Useless team
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Ibime(m): 12:38pm On Mar 13, 2011
Arsenal is as good as dead. Bad moment 2, extended version with director's cut showing in cinemas this week. Switch, take it easy on these Gaynners. You're going crazy!!! We await the final burial. The team is finished & deserves sympathy. By next week undertakers from West Brom will try put 3 more nails in Arsenal's coffin. Arsenal is finished.  Infact dis is d greatest great grampa of all useless asses fan spewing rubbish from her anus. Lady switch we d chealseans shyte on you and yours anyday anytime. Imbecilic mofo!!!! Switch 47, more DISASTER for Arsenal coming soon!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by A40(m): 12:53pm On Mar 13, 2011
When a team is up 4-0 and go on to lose that lead in less than 30 mins it tells you a lot of things about that team and the coach considering this is the 3rd straight season we are throwing away 2 goal leads or more.

Utd defended well but not well enough to keep a clean sheet. No matter how many accusing fingers we point at the players! In the end this is Wenger's team! He signed every single player! So if he gets the plaudits when he is successful he should definitely get the stick when he is not

ritchboy:

It's amazing how Wenger can be the best manager but yet the worst coach on earth simultaneously.

Even with very limited finances he's still managed to build a team which pound for pound should rival any other in the country.

Yet Man Utd v Arsenal has become a broken record: United park their Batmobile, invite Arsenal to attack them, then pick them off on the break. SMH

How someone with a coaching badge falls for the same trap time after time boggles the mind.
Ol boy only a JJC would not know that Wenger is one of the most tactically inept big name coaches out there! He might be an excellent manager of resources but his technical intelligence is questionable at best! Its one thing to talk greasy to the press and its another thing to motivate your boys on the pitch. Plus lets face it his refusal to plug the gaps in vital areas have come back to bite him

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by ritchboy(m): 12:57pm On Mar 13, 2011
I have argued on this forum several times that AW needs a plan B for some games. But Ive given up hoping for any

I believe Wenger does have a Plan B, i.e throwing on Chamakh and changing the shape of the team. But activating "Plan B" suggests things aren't going your way. . . Why wait for things to go pear shaped before you make changes, especially when experience has taught you Plan A doesn't work? Why must Arsenal go gung-ho away to Man Utd when everyone and their grandma KNOWS Utd will counter effectively? These are the questions Wenger should be asking himself.

Why must Arshavin play wide when he is clearly more effective centrally? This is how i think Arsenal should have lined up:

Nasri/Eboue    Diaby    Wilshere    Rosicky/Nasri

Arshavin

RVP

I believe the last time Arsenal beat Man Utd we played 4-4-2. Unfortunately Wenger is now fixated on 4-2-3-1 for whatever reason, when it clearly doesnt work against United.

It doesnt matter how good you are or how much "mental strength" you have, if you are not set up properly you will lose. This is purely Wenger's fault.

presido1:

Isn't the two highlighted contradictory? Unless you mean a better side compared to wolves and co. But then you can't compare united to wolves and co.

There is no contradiction, Arsenal had marginally better players on the field than United, against Wolves and co the gap is humongous.

Mugus like Ibime said United played their Carling Cup team, but SAF put out his first choice defence/attack, though he reshuffled the midfield. Let's not forget Arsenal were also missing Fabianski/Szczesny, Vermaelen, Clichy, Song, Cesc & Walcott, that's more than half the team that would normally be starting.

Yes Arsenal still put out a better side overall but there wasn't too much in it.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by A40(m): 1:06pm On Mar 13, 2011
Ibime:

Arsenal is as good as dead. Bad moment 2, extended version with director's cut showing in cinemas this week. Switch, take it easy on these Gaynners. You're going crazy!!! We await the final burial. The team is finished & deserves sympathy. By next week undertakers from West Brom will try put 3 more nails in Arsenal's coffin. Arsenal is finished.  Infact dis is d greatest great grampa of all useless asses fan spewing rubbish from her anus. Lady switch we d chealseans shyte on you and yours anyday anytime. Imbecilic mofo!!!! Switch 47, more DISASTER for Arsenal coming soon!!!
Is this Ibime?? Hehehehe this nigga don lost his mind

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (100)

Chelsea Vs Liverpool : FA Cup (2 - 0) On 3rd March 2020 / Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 3) On 3rd October 2015 / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 22nd March 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.