Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,264 members, 7,839,337 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). (62565 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 9:20pm On Mar 12, 2011
Who can help me post youtube links I am browsing from my fone and can't post videos
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by diggz: 9:22pm On Mar 12, 2011
@ DK dis nitwits no deserve any munsik o! Mk we help dem mourn I beg
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by presido1: 9:23pm On Mar 12, 2011
^^^^ Mourning muzik then.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by chamotex(m): 9:25pm On Mar 12, 2011
Bros DJ DK, good evening

Abeg na omele or shekere I wan play tonight . . . drumset don tire me grin grin grin

In the meanwhile abeg throw me 'Amemu by 2Sure2Shizzle'
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by diggz: 9:26pm On Mar 12, 2011
Mk we give dem,'Dem Mama' by timaya na,abi wetin u think presido?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 9:27pm On Mar 12, 2011
dayokanu:

Who can help me post youtube links I am browsing from my fone and can't post videos

we are ready to wait for you. just come back in good health to spin the turntable.

debosky:

^^ NO excuses for Koscielny and the rest of the defence. When VDS made a save late in the second half, the Utd defence reacted faster. Arsenal's defence should have done better to respond to the second ball on both occasions.

Not being able to clear the ball after your GK/defender makes a save or interception is criminal.

Forget blaming Arshavin for any of the goals - the defence cocked up both times.

Djourou misses the rest of the season with a disclocated shoulder. . . .

debosky, you are being unfairly harsh here. the advantage is always with the attacking side when there's a rebound. there's practically nothing a defender can do facing his own goal in such scenario. the defender will end up scoring an own goal if he tries too hard. almunia should have kept the ball or parried it out of touch for a corner. . . . .once he spills it and the ball is live then anything can happen. i also think you didn't give fabio his credits for his passion and desire to get to the rebound.

chamotex:

Bros DJ DK, good evening

Abeg na omele or shekere I wan play tonight . . . drumset don tire me grin grin grin

In the meanwhile abeg throw me 'Amemu by 2Sure2Shizzle'

chamo, i heard you are the deputy dj. pls pls pls, i need you to play "she don't let nobody" by chakademus and pliers. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 9:28pm On Mar 12, 2011
Diggz,
Even though most gayyners are imbeciles we have to consider that they are still human beings though retarded
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 9:30pm On Mar 12, 2011
Soon someone wld come and tell us that Assanal are competitive what's competitive about a team that lost to Rafael, Fabio, gibson and smalling
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by chamotex(m): 9:31pm On Mar 12, 2011
*Cougar*:

chamo, i heard you are the deputy dj. pls pls pls, i need you to play "she don't let nobody" by chakademus and pliers. grin

Coming up . . . grin grin grin

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yKNMFRAkUo?fs=1[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 9:32pm On Mar 12, 2011
dayokanu:

Soon someone wld come and tell us that Assanal are competitive what's competitive about a team that lost to Rafael, Fabio, gibson and smalling

hard to believe arsenal's majestic midfielders lost to a midfield unit of rafael, fabio, gibson and o'shea. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 9:32pm On Mar 12, 2011
*Cougar*:

debosky, you are being unfairly harsh here. the advantage is always with the attacking side when there's a rebound. there's practically nothing a defender can do facing his own goal in such scenario. the defender will end up scoring an own goal if he tries too hard. almunia should have kept the ball or parried it out of touch for a corner. . . . .once he spills it and the ball is live then anything can happen. i also think you didn't give fabio his credits for his passion and desire to get to the rebound.

I disagree - Koscielny was closer to the goal, yet Fabio reacted faster? That's unacceptable.

I remember Vidic jumping behind VDS after a freekick against Chelski, just to keep the ball off the line - that is what a defender should do, not pussy footing around.

Even if I cut him slack for the first, what about the second? The ball comes off Djourou into the air and Almunia, Sagna and Koscielny all couldn't react fast enough to reach the ball before Rooney? Unacceptable
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by kcjazz(m): 9:33pm On Mar 12, 2011
I am an Arsenal fan because of AW, it is a lesson on life, belief and persistence.
Whenever Wenger leaves whoever succeeds him even if it is Ranieri will win trophies, he has put in a lot for this clubs future, his work can only be measured by the future. Meanwhile, he believes so much in this boys but most have failed him, and that is the dilemma.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by kashmo: 9:35pm On Mar 12, 2011
I hope wenger doesn't come up with a generic excuse for this horror show. So many dead woods being paraded on the pitch! Rosicky, Denilson, Ashavin, and Diaby needs to be shipped out the team! No creativity whatsoever from Denny & Diably, and Arsene still persist with these cretins. Good thing Rambo is back cheesy Hopefully he can play an integral part during this shocking run of form  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by chamotex(m): 9:36pm On Mar 12, 2011
Arsenal Album "The Drought Vol 6" out now in Manchester grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 9:36pm On Mar 12, 2011
Kcjazz

No surprise you believe in Wenger cos am sure you believe OBJ is Miss World and Atiku is the next Pope
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 9:43pm On Mar 12, 2011
debosky:

I disagree - Koscielny was closer to the goal, yet Fabio reacted faster? That's unacceptable.

fabio wasn't stationary towards the build-up to that goal. koscielny was stationary when hernandez headed the ball cos he was expecting almunia to save the ball/expecting hernadez to head wide. . . . .fabio had the head-start and he's always favoured to get to the ball first. koscielny tried what he could and on another day, he woulda forced fabio to miss. watch the replay, fabio nearly missed an open net.

I remember Vidic jumping behind VDS after a freekick against Chelski, just to keep the ball off the line - that is what a defender should do, not kitty footing around.

probably the ball was kind to vidic. another example was the liverpool game. suarez's freekick, van der spilled and kuyt scored from the rebound. there was no single united player 15 yards near kuyt. the attacking team reacts faster to such scenarios than the defending team. you play fifa on playstation, you should know this. grin

Even if I cut him slack for the first, what about the second? The ball comes off Djourou into the air and Almunia, Sagna and Koscielny all couldn't react fast enough to reach the ball before Rooney? Unacceptable

how did the play get to that in the first place? that is what you should be investigating. . . . .not defenders failing to react to a ball that could have gone anywhere. how many of those rebounds got cleared today with no united player around to attack it. when there's a rebound or deflection, the defending team is blameless. where the ball drops into is not anyone's making or ingenuity.

chamotex:

Arsenal Album "The Drought Vol 6" out now in Manchester grin grin grin

thanx mr dj. . . . . , arsenal don't let nobody. . . . . .nobody but man utd(to pee on their diseased body). grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by chamotex(m): 9:46pm On Mar 12, 2011
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by proudly9ja(m): 9:57pm On Mar 12, 2011
Do we blame the referee again?

Kudos to Jack. Once again he showed once again what we need from the rest of the players.

Welcome back Ramsey.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 9:59pm On Mar 12, 2011
chamotex:

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHTjaUHEjdw?fs=1[/flash]

these okoro boys make me laugh. . . . .what the heck is this? lil wayne impostor? he even does the cheeky laugh after each bar.

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3y1WNX8XLc?version=3"[/flash]

chamotex, the above video is dedicated to you. this calabar boy in italy has lyrics that would rival nas and eminem. i heard he is a nairalander too. grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by nastydamus(m): 10:07pm On Mar 12, 2011
*Cougar*:

these okoro boys make me laugh. . . . .what the heck is this? lil wayne impostor? he even does the cheeky laugh after each bar.

[flash=425,400]

chamotex, the above video is dedicated to you. this calabar boy in italy has lyrics that would rival nas and eminem. i heard he is a nairalander too. grin grin grin grin

Hehe.
'Yeah men'. lol
Is wa to this guy o. 'Yeah men'. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by chamotex(m): 10:07pm On Mar 12, 2011
*Cougar*:

[flash=425,400]

Vic O is a legend, he is the number 1 9ja artist in Italy (We can argue that Nas and Em cant claim to be the outright no 1 in their country) cheesy cheesy . . . he is also an Arsenal fan grin grin tongue tongue

I think it's time for the After party grin grin grin grin

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPP3tQpp6vA?fs=1[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 10:13pm On Mar 12, 2011
*Cougar*:

fabio wasn't stationary towards the build-up to that goal. koscielny was stationary when hernandez headed the ball cos he was expecting almunia to save the ball/expecting hernadez to head wide. . . . .fabio had the head-start and he's always favoured to get to the ball first. koscielny tried what he could and on another day, he woulda forced fabio to miss. watch the replay, fabio nearly missed an open net.

He didn't do enough - you need your defenders to react faster than that.

how did the play get to that in the first place? that is what you should be investigating. . . . .not defenders failing to react to a ball that could have gone anywhere. how many of those rebounds got cleared today with no united player around to attack it. when there's a rebound or deflection, the defending team is blameless. where the ball drops into is not anyone's making or ingenuity.

It is unreasonable to expect Utd not to get chances in the box - are you saying once a chance leads to a rebound the defence is no longer culpable? That doesn't wash - the defence should defend all balls, and not just the first one.

Surely a GK will have a bad game against us soon?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 10:19pm On Mar 12, 2011
chamotex:

Vic O is a legend, he is the number 1 9ja artist in Italy (We can argue that Nas and Em cant claim to be the outright no 1 in their country) cheesy cheesy . . . he is also an Arsenal fan grin grin tongue tongue

I think it's time for the After party grin grin grin grin

vic-o is a legend. his lyrics are mind-blowing. heard he's on guinness book of record 2010. the only rapper you cannot listen to with a straight face. grin cheesy no matter how pissed you are, you must laugh. grin  it's exactly what arsenal fans need tonight.

so let's do some after parryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

debosky:

He didn't do enough - you need your defenders to react faster than that.

defenders will always be beaten by the rebound. the key to avoid such is not to get yourself in that position in every match.

It is unreasonable to expect Utd not to get chances in the box - are you saying once a chance leads to a rebound the defence is no longer culpable? That doesn't wash - the defence should defend all balls, and not just the first one.

once a chance leads to a rebound, start praying the ball falls for your defenders and not the attackers. no one can be culpable for that. it's like blaming defenders for wicked deflections. how do you defend such?

Surely a GK will have a bad game against us soon?

i pray a goalie does. . . . . . . in the emirates cup! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 10:26pm On Mar 12, 2011
*Cougar*:

defenders will always be beaten by the rebound. the key to avoid such is not to get yourself in that position in every match.

Utd's defenders were not beaten to the rebound after VDS' save today were they?

once a chance leads to a rebound, start praying the ball falls for your defenders and not the attackers. no one can be culpable for that. it's like blaming defenders for wicked deflections. how do you defend such?

Deflections can be termed bad luck, but the exact same mistake (failing to reach the second ball) costing both goals? There is a defensive flaw right there.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 10:30pm On Mar 12, 2011
debosky:

Utd's defenders were not beaten to the rebound after VDS' save today were they?

those rebounds fell where there were no players. it's either vds was extremely lucky or arsenal strikers didn't make a huge nuisance to united's defence. like i said, it's all about passion/determination. one team wanted the victory more tonight and that team won.

Deflections can be termed bad luck, but the exact same mistake (failing to reach the second ball) costing both goals? There is a defensive flaw right there.

the defensive flaw is not your players failing to react to the rebound. the flaw is the events that happened before the rebound.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by A40(m): 10:32pm On Mar 12, 2011
Arsenal TV has just hired Charlie Sheen for Season 6 of the emmy winning hit series Trophyless grin grin grin

On a serious note the team with a better goalie won the match
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by codedguy1(m): 10:46pm On Mar 12, 2011
Where are d rest of d arsenak posse. Hnic, witbhboi, dudu, kpumping, hanni, dope2much, etc. Heard hnic don mara, dancing alanta on 3rd mainland brigde this nite.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by chamotex(m): 10:57pm On Mar 12, 2011
coded guy:

Where are d rest of d arsenak posse. Hnic, witbhboi, dudu, kpumping, hanni, dope2much, etc. Heard hnic don mara, dancing alanta on 3rd mainland brigde this nite.

Some of them are on twitter as we speak but they cant show face here.
Later they'll accuse some other teams that they dont show up when they lose.
Smh tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by lalaboi(m): 10:59pm On Mar 12, 2011
chamotex:

Some of them are on twitter as we speak but they cant show face here.
Later they'll accuse some other teams that they dont show up when they lose.
Smh tongue tongue

Some of them even get time to drop coment for chelsea thread while dem never show face for here since last week grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by mamagee3(f): 11:00pm On Mar 12, 2011
lalaboi:

Some of them even get time to drop coment for chelsea thread while dem never show face for here since last week grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by chamotex(m): 11:08pm On Mar 12, 2011
lalaboi:

I think we have to start marking register grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by lalaboi(m): 11:11pm On Mar 12, 2011
I have this one specially specially for arsenal fans.  . . . Gimmie better excuse chop. . .  put am well well!! grin

[flash=428,344]http://www.youtube.com/watch=/v/ux7EOsDp6FU[/flash]

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (100)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) / Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 3) On 3rd October 2015 / Chelsea Vs Liverpool : FA Cup (2 - 0) On 3rd March 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.