Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,216 members, 7,839,136 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). (62558 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 11, 2011
Is there anyone who can translate the above into Yoruba for DK to understand?

Unfortunately, your deficient neurones cannot differentiate between age of a player, squad position and duration of stay at a club from experimentation.

More idiocy from the DK stable - both Wilshere and Chez were the recognised first choices at the time they played - NONE of the players I listed were first choice, regardless of the amount of time they had spent at Arsenal.

Ose ni laanu wipe awon eroja ironu inu opolo re ko je ki o le da iyato to wa laarin aaye ati igba ninu kiloobu si eyi je eyi o je.

Afikun ironu aridin lati gbagede DK - apapo Wilshere ati Chez ni won je eni ti aki ba akoko mu ni gba ti won ta ayo - Ko si eyi keyi ninu awon ti mo d'aruko ti o je eni ti a ki ba koko mu, layi ma wo akoko ti won ti lo ni Arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 7:05pm On Mar 11, 2011
[size=18pt]Year -------------- Reason for failure[/size]

2005- ---------- Wenger lack of common sense plus Jos crisis

2006 ------------Henry and Wenger fought added to the increasing cost of fuel

2007------ ------Wenger dumped Henry and started cheating with a younger Fabregas plus OBJ failed 3rd term agenda

2008-------------Wenger became senile plus the recession

2009-------------The fans lost hope - they were mourning the death of Michael Jackson

2010 -------------The pitches were bad and the Haiti earthquake

2011- ------------The refs and UEFA conspired against us plus the Middle east crisis
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 9:10pm On Mar 11, 2011
I told you. WenGAY deliberately lost the game to Barcelona See below

However, Wenger believes that dismissal from Europe could aid Arsenal in the title race with bigger gaps between games.

"We will not be overloaded, that's the advantage of it," Wenger told reporters.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/03/11/2389923/arsenals-arsene-wenger-champions-league-exit-will-ease-our

On a good day barca cant beat Assanal they only did because Assanal was not interested in the game. They are more interested in the title
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 9:12pm On Mar 11, 2011
dayokanu:

What makes one player a regular and the other a fringe?

Number of games started? Stats have shown us that Hoyte in 2007 has started more EPL games than Wilshere currently

So what? At an older age, he had spent longer around the first team than Wilshere has done, but he was still a fringe player.  As someone lacking reasoning ability, you can't distinguish between playing fringe games for a long time (and eventually getting sold off) and playing games consistently and being one of the first names on the team sheet in your first full season.

To attempt to make a rational comparison, how many league games had Hoyte played by 2007 compared to Cesc who was a regular?

Stats have also shown us that Almunia as at 2007 has started more EPL games than Szcezy currently

Even with the link you posted, Almunia only started ONE EPL game in the entire 2006/07 season - his appearances were in the CC and FA Cup, as part of the experimentation. In the season before 05/06, he made NO EPL appearances. If that doesn't prove he's a fringe player to you, you need to get your head examined.

That he played 10 out of 38 league games in his first season shows he was still a fringe player then, but you're too thick to perceive that

Unless you can't count (added to your long list of educational deficiencies grin) Szcezny has played more EPL games in the current season than Almunia had in the 2005/06 and 2006/07 seasons combined.

First DK can't comprehend English (thanks naijababe for your assistance wink ) now he can't count? grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by A40(m): 9:04am On Mar 12, 2011
[url]http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/892592/wojciech-szczesny-out-for-six-weeks,-arsenal-seek-signing?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=3888[/url]

Lol o ti di gombe ooh cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:18pm On Mar 12, 2011
do not hold ur breath o. wont be surprised if he signs no one- "we have not found the quality we want bla bla bla"

chances of beating united with diaby and denilson? i doubt
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Krayola(m): 7:27pm On Mar 12, 2011
how

Market?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Ibime(m): 7:28pm On Mar 12, 2011
Useless people. . .can't even beat Manure's Carling Cup team.

It was all good just 2 weeks ago. . .

AHA, You know what it is. . .errthing I do, I do it big. . .black and yellow, black and yellow, black and yellow, black and yellow
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by eyoniggar(m): 7:31pm On Mar 12, 2011
Another shattered dream? This calls for ambulances. lipsrsealed cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by diggz: 8:11pm On Mar 12, 2011
I beg were the arsss called switch47 aka lady switch? I told you your laughter will b short and painful @ the end of the day. Anyways,una still get hope for premier league abi? Toothless asses!!!! Another season without a trophy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by diggz: 8:17pm On Mar 12, 2011
I dey laff oooo! Man U third team fringe players don poke some asses today again. Height of Uselessness!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 8:19pm On Mar 12, 2011
Four things:

1. Slowness to react to the second ball in defence

2. VDS in imperious form

3. Lack of cutting edge upfront

4. Another injury to a spinal player

Ending a truly terrible two weeks for Arsenal FC.

Now it's the league or nothing.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by presido1: 8:21pm On Mar 12, 2011
This game was fixed, why must arsenal play man u at old traford. I suspect FA and Fergie. Ref sef did not give scholes second yellow to make it a red. I hate FA for their biased/partial mind towards Wenger cus he is french. Bleep Man u, bleep FA. bleep UEFA.
Nonsense.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 8:23pm On Mar 12, 2011
presido1:

This game was fixed, why must arsenal play man u at old traford. I suspect FA and Fergie. Ref sef did not give scholes second yellow to make it a red. I hate FA for their biased/partial mind towards Wenger cus he is french. Bleep Man u, bleep FA. bleep UEFA.
Nonsense.

i think arsenal lost because the referee sent djourou off. the referees are biased against arsenal. one sent van persie off in nou camp and chris foy sent djourou off again tonight. arsenal should complain to fifa. this is getting too much for wenger's team. had djourou completed 90 mins, he would have scored a special hatrick today.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 8:24pm On Mar 12, 2011
Utd fans have discovered sarcasm. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by presido1: 8:27pm On Mar 12, 2011
*Cougar*:

i think arsenal lost because the referee sent djourou off. the referees are biased against arsenal. one sent van persie off in nou camp and chris foy sent djourou off again tonight. arsenal should complain to fifa. this is getting too much for wenger's team. had djourou completed 90 mins, he would have scored a special hatrick today.
Yes that what am saying. Why must Chris Foy officiate the game. I saw him two days ago inside OT canteen. What is he doing there at that time of the nite when he has a game against arsenal today. FA must investigate this if they are not partial. One day monkey go go market e no go return.
Nonsense FA.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 12, 2011
Listening to Brokenhearted cry cry cry cry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 8:28pm On Mar 12, 2011
debosky:

Utd fans have discovered sarcasm. cheesy

i was just told now there's going to be a second leg at the emirates next fortnight. play your strongest team in that one. grin tongue

jeepers creepers, how can a midfield of fabio, rafael, gibson and oshea beat arsenal? grin grin grin grin grin  i remember debosky saying playing rafael n fabio against arsenal would be suicidal. you are lucky both of them are dwarfs. it should have been 3 goals in the first half have they taken their heading chances.

presido1:

Yes that what am saying. Why must Chris Foy officiate the game. I saw him two days ago inside OT canteen. What is he doing there at that time of the nite when he has a game against arsenal today. FA must investigate this if they are not partial. One day monkey go go market e no go return.
Nonsense FA.

i am sending a horrible email to the fa soon. this is just so bad. the injustice in this league is making me sick. why was sir alex on the pitch? shouldn't he be serving his 100-match ban for yapping his mouth about atkinson the other day? then fabio/rafael started too. those boys are illegal immigrants and the home office can't do shyt about them. shame. valencia that shouldn't be playing again this season had his ankles fixed(the fa picked his bill). chicharito is high on banned substances and john o'shea is not human. for how long would this continue?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by duduspace(m): 8:30pm On Mar 12, 2011
No excuses today, congratulations Manure
we should have been able to beat the team Manure put out, just imagine 6 or 7 defensive players playing against you and beating you 2 - 0.
VDS as man of the match is not enough reason to lose this.
I'm not sure even winning the PL can make up for this, though cup matches are always meeh, if there ever was an opportunity to beat Manure, it was today.

Having all the ball but lacking incisiveness to score has just got to stop when Barca had all the ball and beat us 3 - 1  undecided
Players I want out at the end of the season in the order of preference:

1. Denilson - gets worse with each passing game, a 19 year old has overtaken you
2. Rosicky - great player in his prime but now past it
3. Arshavin - lazy git, all the creativity and ability in the world don't mean a thing if yu're lazy and can't go the extra mile to win.

Players I want dropping to the bench until they man up and just learn to take a stand and hate losing

1. Diaby

It is no wonder Cesc will have to play with a dodgy hammy and Song with a dodgy knee when yu can't depend on these guys.

Still hope they can do something in the PL sha, some players deserve to end this season with something.
Jack Wilshere can always leave the pitch with his head high.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by presido1: 8:33pm On Mar 12, 2011
^^^ No don't blame them, ref is a w@nka, egunje taker.

One consolation is the players are all young, still have time to mature together and win trophies for Arsenal. I think their average age is like 22 or lower. Dudu remind me again. tongue tongue. Wheelchair is class and will do better next yr. He might be the capito next season. Always defending his mates on the pitch. I like him. Maybe after 3 yrs of trophyless he will get tired and frustrated like Cesc. I pity the gay
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 8:38pm On Mar 12, 2011
@ dudu

For all the claim of Koscielny's reading of the game, he is appallingly slow to respond to the second ball - in both cases, JD was engaged trying to deal with the first ball, in both cases Koscielny was too slow.

For the second goal Almunia and Sagna could arguably be blamed, but your second CB should be able to give some assistance when you've gone to make a challenge.

And for Rosicky? He can't score to save his life.  undecided

Denilson hardly put a foot wrong all game - the errors for the goals emanated strictly from the back four.

None of the forward players covered themselves in glory apart from Wilshere and maybe Chamakh when he came on. RVP was taking too long to make decisions, Nasri's decision making was off as well, and Diaby was just awful as well.

Worst of all, we've lost JD for goodness knows how long. . . . .now we have to depend of Kosclelny and Squillaci?  undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 8:50pm On Mar 12, 2011
arsenal played well cos united's midfield was non-existent. fergie's a sly fox. he smothered the midfield by playing rooney as an extra midfielder and told his players to hit arsenal on a counter. those annoying long balls from united's defence made me sick. arsenal were pretty good with the build-up play but they lacked the killer instinct in the final third.

arshavin must be the player with the lowest mental strength in the universe. if he tries two tricks and he doesn't get through, he gets shattered. i will walk through wes brown and i am not a professional footballer. brown was there for the taking and i am wondering why nasri wasn't moved there when arshavin was getting no joy.

djourou's injury is a big blow and as a united fan, this evening is peach perfect. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by chamotex(m): 8:50pm On Mar 12, 2011
We are going to have a paery tonight. LMAO grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 8:57pm On Mar 12, 2011
chamotex:

We are going to have a paery tonight. LMAO grin

where is dk the dj? i need to hear some kool naija beats on this thread. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by presido1: 8:58pm On Mar 12, 2011
*Cougar*:

where is dk the dj? i need to hear some kool naija beats on this thread. tongue
DK is now partial like FA and REFS.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Kilode1: 9:04pm On Mar 12, 2011
Is this where DK will throw the Owambe party? Where can we rent Aso ebi?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 9:06pm On Mar 12, 2011
Shey make I talk

This injustice is too much why is the PDP treating Arsenal like this

And GEJ can't do anything about this?
What kind of ojoro govt is this

Abeg make ppl help me set up instrument for this thread na
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by duduspace(m): 9:10pm On Mar 12, 2011
@Debo

I'll watch the goals again but my grudge with Denny is that since he dropped out of the team, we stopped conceeding these break away counter attack goals, now that he is back Manure did exactly what they did to us last season, letting us have the ball and keeping it tight at the back only to hit us on the break.

We pay the price for not being efficient up front again.

Only thing I saw from the first goal was that JD wld have probably done better sticking tight to Hernandez, he couldn't have gotten that header otherwise. Wouldn't blame Kos much cos on a rebounding ball the attacking players always have a slight advantage cos the defender is just turning to face his goal and might need time getting his bearings or even atimes end up conceeding an own goal.

Can't remember who was arguing the fact that Arshavin doesn't protect his full back, its instructive to note that the 2 goals we conceeded came through Gibbs who was playing behind Arshavin again and both times Arshavin was nowhere to be found.

Squillaci and Kos shld be okay provided we dont face many long ball teams, only problem is we are only one injury away from Song becoming a CB and having to depend on Denny and co in MF again.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 9:15pm On Mar 12, 2011
^^ NO excuses for Koscielny and the rest of the defence. When VDS made a save late in the second half, the Utd defence reacted faster. Arsenal's defence should have done better to respond to the second ball on both occasions.

Not being able to clear the ball after your GK/defender makes a save or interception is criminal.

Forget blaming Arshavin for any of the goals - the defence cocked up both times.

Djourou misses the rest of the season with a disclocated shoulder. . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 9:15pm On Mar 12, 2011
We can't be partying for this obvious injustice ah ah

Fa should be ashamed why would Maurice Iwu be the referee in this kind of game

How can FA allow Man Utd to field OBJ, Henry Okah, Asari Dokubo, Tony Anenih and IBB

We would see a Libya kind of protest in England soon

Partiers abeg who fit sell us Aso Ebi, someone should organize beer and Ukwobi
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Kilode1: 9:15pm On Mar 12, 2011
dayokanu:

Abeg make ppl help me set up instrument for this thread na

Your new Speakers are too heavy I'll need help. I've placed the small ones beside the mixer, the Omele players are not picking up their phones. I will send Arsemau to go call them. Let's play!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 9:18pm On Mar 12, 2011
Testing 1 2 Iba lo ye ka se, feledumare eledumare oba o ajuba lowo re

La la la la la la so so so doooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (100)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) / Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 3) On 3rd October 2015 / Chelsea Vs Liverpool : FA Cup (2 - 0) On 3rd March 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.