Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,841 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). (61964 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by duduspace(m): 11:00am On May 10, 2011
I am certain there will be changes this summer, Arsene really believed these boys could do it but he was let down by some of them when it mattered, players like Cesc had to come back when not fully fit or to salvage ties to lower opposition when they should have been rested while others like Rosicky and Arshavin lost their places in the squad. We were only lucky some players like Wilshere, Nasri and Szczesny also stepped up. If we keep the top performers and replace a majority of the none performing ones with quality players things should be a lot better next season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Jencejyde(m): 12:21pm On May 10, 2011
duduspace:

I am certain there will be changes this summer, Arsene really believed these boys could do it but he was let down by some of them when it mattered, players like Cesc had to come back when not fully fit or to salvage ties to lower opposition when they should have been rested while others like Rosicky and Arshavin lost their places in the squad. We were only lucky some players like Wilshere, Nasri and Szczesny also stepped up. If we keep the top performers and replace a majority of the none performing ones with quality players things should be a lot better next season.
Good talk Dudu! Good talk!

Thats why i could never have blamed Cesc when he had bad games, Dude was playin with a lot of injury probs for the most part of the season and all he neede was teammates to help out, by stepping up their game to fill the gap, some players just never did that. Why I'm annoyed with AW is he keeps on making excuses for these lads, instead of telling them the truth. Real has already signed Sahin from Borrusia on a Six year contract, and here we are still moping around waiting for what i dont know, na wah for the Board and AW oh!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 2:29pm On May 10, 2011
My Director of Defence aka ‘no bouncing’  grin let me respond to your post.

Jencejyde:

We keep talking about Wenger and the resources he has had to work with,  I think that's all fallacy. He needs to get TOUGH on some of the lads,  Don't we have a sports psychologist at Arsenal? We see where wilshere was winning an aerial ball with a 6 foot plus player and scrapping for everything in the middle. What happened to some other players that day. Why did their nerves just crack. Who was on the sideline or the pitch raising their moral and backing at them constantly (if that's what they need)

In my humble opinion, there are generally two schools of thought when it comes to Arsenal:

1. The playing squad is simply not good enough (the camp I belong to) regardless of what the manager does to ‘coach’ them.

2. The manager is the problem - he cannot ‘motivate’ or ‘coach’ the team to win - another coach can do it with the same group of players.

While not pretending to have any ‘special’ knowledge of the goings on at the club (as some advocates for so and so to come ‘change’ things in the dressing room claim to do) I can clearly analyse our playing staff as done previously and the difference is clear - this side is not even 60% of the invincibles.

Is Wenger tough enough? Do we need psychologists? I leave these intelligent questions to others. As a layman what  I can see is someone who was working with Ferraris is now trying to win the same races using Keke Napep. grin grin

Abeg, some of our players lose it when it matters most. Not good enuff mentally which for me is not what you need to become a champion.

I think all Arsenal fans agree on this point, the issue of contention is WHY are they so poor? Is it because Arsene has ‘lost it’ or is he simply working with lower quality material? Evidence tells me it is the latter.

Sol Campbell joined us as one of the best CBs in the league. Lehmann joined us challenging the best keeper in the world for his place in the German squad. Wiltord joined us as the highest goal scorer in France. Pires joined us off the back of a scintillating performance to win France the Euros, Gilberto joined us after winning the World Cup. . . .I could go on.

The manager can only teach you off the pitch, he is not gonna be with you on it!#?

Just a few not all of them oh, but these few are making the entire team look bad.

I feel this is more perception that truth - I am highly sceptical of those who believe teaching on the pitch is what would make a difference. To make an example, even Jose with all his shouting on the touchline has been able to ‘teach’ Adebayor to stop going offside like a stark illiterate. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 3:25pm On May 10, 2011
The fact is that Wenger is tactically inadequate to compete in the football world of now.

Maybe his tactics would have worked in 1998-2000 but not in 2010

He is a failure. Wenger is the problem There must be a reason he has won so few league titles in his 30yr coaching career and never won a European trophy even if his life depended on it
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:48pm On May 10, 2011
i would have bought all this yarn about ferrari and keke napep but for the fact that in this case, wenger was totally responsible for every cat and dog that walked into the emirates to put on a arsenal jersey. he is responsible for every succesful player and every dud one.

like say na ferrari go win race sef, chelsea nor carry moni buy ferrari? abi if na dat one, so bolton defence na ferrari players?

and debosky still has not explained when this poor player theory started.

i happen to have accepted dudu's idea that we should not turn on d players no matter what, afterall someone gave him the shirt knowing his ability.

whats wierd about this new found line is its coming very very late, most pple knew this seasons ago, and it even indicts the manager more. its proof the manager does not know what he is doing.

and before una start all the 70mill yarn, leave story o. no be by cost. if u sabi, u will get players that are very good for cheap.

price alone doesnt determine quality, ask chelsea, kezman, shevchenko, crespo, torres and so many others, that russian midfielder chap i forget his name.
besides when arsenal dey hot how many transfer fees record una break?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 4:10pm On May 10, 2011
I cant see a single player in the squad that wasnt bought by Wenger.

So Wengers ineptitude is still to blame for the teams failure
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by duduspace(m): 4:32pm On May 10, 2011
4llerbuntu:

and before una start all the 70mill yarn, leave story o. no be by cost. if u sabi, u will get players that are very good for cheap.

4llerbuntu, this is not true, where are the managers who are getting these players cheaply? in terms of player price/quality comparisons, Arsene is one of the best out there even the English media doesn't deny that.
If you had to go out and buy players like RVP, Cesc, Wilshere and Song you would know how much you would need to shell out. I hope you know that the costliest player in our squad is Arshavin for 16m? do you know how much Rooney and Berbatov cost?

And yes, he is responsible for every player but yu should also factor in how much he had to work with in maintaining the squad, bringing through new talent while maintaining a level of performance. At the end of the day the man can only do his best with the money available to him. I remember people laughing on here when I said Arshavin's signing was delayed due to money issues and some on here said it was someone on the board who insisted that we should buy Arshavin.

The truth is that Arshavin was bought only cos we were in danger of missing out on 4th place at that time, the fact that we have not bought any more expensive player since then lends credence to my stand at that point in time.
People belittle what this team fights against in terms of resources.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 4:35pm On May 10, 2011
Whats quality about players who have been trophyless for 7 seasons?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by duduspace(m): 4:44pm On May 10, 2011
dayokanu:

Whats quality about players who have been trophyless for 7 seasons?

Whats quality about your mumunich players who were out of the fumblesliga title race after 14 games? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 4:50pm On May 10, 2011
We dont need to worry about a team who won the double last season when we have one who has been on a 7 season drought
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by duduspace(m): 5:10pm On May 10, 2011
dayokanu:

We dont need to worry about a team who won the double last season when we have one who has been on a 7 season drought

Good for you but yu still ended up trophyless. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 5:16pm On May 10, 2011
Trophyless for 1 season and trophyless for 7 seasons

Broke for 1yr and broke for 7yrs
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by duduspace(m): 5:35pm On May 10, 2011
dayokanu:

Trophyless for 1 season and trophyless for 7 seasons

Broke for 1yr and broke for 7yrs

Story, story, Stooooory. tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:24pm On May 10, 2011
fumblesliga! lol.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 9:36pm On May 10, 2011
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by olodo(m): 9:56pm On May 10, 2011
@dudu
please leave dayo ade alone if i opened arsenal thread and Dayo has not posted any thing among ten post on the thread, they must have stolen his laptop and all the cybercafe in his area have closed for the day.

@ DAYO can you play 'mosorire' for our 3rd place in the EPL
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dipo2much(m): 9:58pm On May 10, 2011
Dayo, shut up. You don't have any bragging right here. Burnthisliga is too weak for Bayernmoonshit not to win.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 10:11pm On May 10, 2011
olodo:

@dudu
please leave dayo ade alone if i opened arsenal thread and Dayo has not posted any thing among ten post on the thread, they must have stolen his laptop and all the cybercafe in his area have closed for the day.

@ DAYO can you play 'mosorire' for our 3rd place in the EPL

Seems you dont know the difference between Oriire and ori buruku

dipo2much:

Dayo, shut up. You don't have any bragging right here. Burnthisliga is too weak for Bayernmoonshit not to win.

Bragging right? Sure why would Dangote have bragging right in the house of lepers?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dipo2much(m): 10:17pm On May 10, 2011
^
So bayansh na Dangote abi? Sometimes, i imagine u as a loonatic. You no dey try, dayo
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by hannie: 10:21pm On May 10, 2011
Quick one.

I have read Debosky, Proudly, Dudu and 4llerbuntu's arguments and I feel truly they all got points and they are saying the same thing in different langages known to them alone . . .

The truth is -

WENGER HAS LOST IT . . .

THE BOYS DISSAPOINTED WENGER WHEN IT MATTERED MOST . . .

THE BOYS DONT KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO WIN A SPOON TALKLESS OF A TROPHY . . .

WENGER WILL NEVER BE SACKED AS LONG AS THE FINANCES OF ARSENAL FC ARENT TROUBLED . . .

EVEN THE BIG BOYS CESC, RVP AND THE REST LEFT A LOT TO BE DESIRED WHEN IT MATTERED MOST TO WIN A TROPHY. . .

ARSENAL DOES NOT NEED THE LIKES OF ARSHAVIN, DENILSON, CHAMAKH, VELA TO COMPETE FOR TROPHIES . . .

ARSENAL NEEDS TO GET A STANDBY ALTERNATIVE FOR SONG COS WHEN HE IS FOUND WANTING . . .ARSENAL GOES DEAD!

ARSENAL NEEDS STRIKERS, NOT DUDS LIKE CHAMAKH . . .FOR THE LIFE OF ME, CHICHARITO AND SUAREZ DIDNT NEED FOREVER TO ADAPT . . .

THE TRUTH OF HE MATTER IS THAT BEYOND DEFENSIVE FRAILTIES, OUR LACK OF GOOD STRIKERS HAS COST US MORE, I REMEMBER VIVIDLY WELL THAT THE BACKLINE OF LAUREN, CAMPBELL, COLE, TOURE USED TO CONCEDE A LOT BUT THE STRIKEFORCE OF HENRY, WILTORD, LJUNGBERG, PIRES,BERGKAMP, KANU MADE UP FOR IT BY SCORING GOALS LIKE PURE WATER . . .THESE DAYS ONCE ARSENALC CONCEDES A FREAKING GOAL U CANT EVER BE SURE AN EQUALIZER WILL COME!!!  cry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 11:21pm On May 10, 2011
Whoever can read German should go through this link

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/bacary-sagna/arsenal-star-zu-bayern-17830844.bild.html

dipo2much:

^
So bayansh na Dangote abi? Sometimes, i imagine u as a loonatic. You no dey try, dayo

You know say the mucus wey dey inside your skull cant comprehend basic analogy, Do I have to explain everything to you using bottle tops (Ideri-oti)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 1:00am On May 11, 2011
4llerbuntu:

i would have  bought all this yarn about ferrari and keke napep but for the fact that in this case, wenger was totally responsible for every cat and dog that walked into the emirates to put on a arsenal jersey.  he is responsible for every succesful player and every dud one.

like say na ferrari go win race sef, chelsea nor carry moni buy ferrari?    abi if na dat one, so bolton defence na ferrari players?  

What a display of ignorance - Chelski's spending has resulted in them winning 3 of the last 6 titles. If that is not proof of money winning titles, nothing ever will.

and debosky still has not explained when this poor player theory started.

Do I have to point out the glaringly obvious? It started immediately after the invincibles - the quality of recruitment dropped from then on.

whats wierd about this new found line is its coming very very late, most pple knew this seasons ago, and it even indicts the manager more.   its proof the manager does not know what he is doing.

What line is coming late? When you only listen to your own deluded rants, how would you see anything contrary? The lack of expenditure has been chronicled endlessly on this thread - if you chose to see it, that is your myopia.

How does it indict the manager? If the funds he had can only buy cheap players, he is working with what he has. If AW had funds to buy a Sol Campbell, Pires, Gilberto and Lehmann class of player and CHOSE not to, then he is responsible.

Clearly the Arsenal accounts indicate he doesn't have the funds to spend in the first place, instead the board let him take the heat for not spending, in return they give him total control of the budget, which isn't sufficient to buy the calibre of players we desire.

price alone doesnt determine quality, ask chelsea,  kezman, shevchenko, crespo, torres and so many others, that russian midfielder chap i forget his name.
besides when arsenal dey hot how many transfer fees record una break?

Stop talking nonsense - what about mentioning Essien, Drogba, Malouda and Cashley, each of whom cost £20m upwards?

No one claims price ALONE determines quality, but it is a damn good indicator of it.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by A40(m): 4:27am On May 11, 2011
duduspace:

4llerbuntu, this is not true, where are the managers who are getting these players cheaply? in terms of player price/quality comparisons, Arsene is one of the best out there even the English media doesn't deny that.
If you had to go out and buy players like RVP, Cesc, Wilshere and Song you would know how much you would need to shell out. I hope you know that the costliest player in our squad is Arshavin for 16m? do you know how much Rooney and Berbatov cost?

The truth is that Arshavin was bought only cos we were in danger of missing out on 4th place at that time, the fact that we have not bought any more expensive player since then lends credence to my stand at that point in time.
People belittle what this team fights against in terms of resources.
You people give Wenger too much credit!! Its evident that the dude is pennywise and pound foolish!! Niggas swear he is the best groomer of talent but what have this talent gone on to win??

How much has Chicharito,Van Der Vaart,Chris Smalling,Osaze cost their respective clubs?

What has been our return on investment for Arshavin compared to Rooney (who has won 3 or possibly 4 league titles 1 or possibly two UCL trophies and 2 League cups to boot) or Berbatov

Most of you fellas believed this team was good enough to go on and win something! Why the change of heart now??

Even the big boys want nothing to do with the Emirates Cup

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/emirates-cup-2011-line-up-is-confirmed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 5:37am On May 11, 2011
A-40:

You people give Wenger too much credit!! Its evident that the dude is pennywise and pound foolish!! Niggas swear he is the best groomer of talent but what have this talent gone on to win??

Abi ooo Help me ask dem

How much has Chicharito,Van Der Vaart,Chris Smalling,Osaze cost their respective clubs?

What has been our return on investment for Arshavin compared to Rooney (who has won 3 or possibly 4 league titles 1 or possibly two UCL trophies and 2 League cups to boot) or Berbatov

The deluded ones chose to believe the myth of Wenger doesnt spend when he spends more on duds, Arshavin, Reyes, Jeffers etc are examples

Most of you fellas believed this team was good enough to go on and win something! Why the change of heart now?
?

Just to come up with useless excuses for a m0r0nic manager

Even the big boys want nothing to do with the Emirates Cup

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/emirates-cup-2011-line-up-is-confirmed

Compare this to the calibre of teams that would participate in the Munich Audi cup

[img]http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/media/images/sonstiges_10_11/270/audicup_270.jpg[/img]

Bayern, Barcelona, AC Milan and SC Internacional Porto Alegre form the sparkling line-up of leading international clubs for the Audi Cup 2011, to be played on 26 and 27 July at the Allianz Arena. “In terms of the teams involved, this tournament is world class,” a delighted Karl-Heinz Rummenigge declared, looking forward to a stunning dress rehearsal ahead of Munich’s first competitive match of the new season in the DFB Cup a few days later.

Bayern won the inaugural Audi Cup two years ago, and will be keen to defend the prestigious trophy this summer. However, the competition could hardly be more daunting. Barcelona could well arrive in Munich as Champions League winners and Spanish champions; AC Milan are poised to claim the Serie A title; and leading Brazilian side Internacional Porto Alegre won the Copa Libertadores last term. “For reasons of prestige alone, all four clubs will be determined to win the cup,” commented Rummenigg
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dipo2much(m): 7:18am On May 11, 2011
Consider how much manchester city spent just to finish behind arsenal 'i.e. go to Europe' this season. Look how much Tottenham spent on their way to becoming a top four club (last season).
Given those instances, I judge that if Arsenal don't spend up to 40milla (yes, that much) in at most †нє space of two season's we won't finish topping †нє league. We need to buy 40milla worth of talent, if possible, in one transfer window. 25M to bring in a point man, and 15M worth of a defender. Then we CAN win †нє league. If we keep putting a cap of 15M or so as †нє maximun we spend, we only finish top four cos we have a wenger. i.e some other coach won't even go to europe. So let's just enjoy watching our football until wenger spends 40.
Trophies are earned
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 7:29am On May 11, 2011
Shut your stinking mouth

Man City was taken from a midtable /relegation side to top 4

Same with Tottenham, Common sense would have told you that it requires more money to raise a bottom team to the top

unlike wengay who inherited a good team and destroyed it. Arsenal just need a coach with some common sense to win titles but what do they have a geriatric senile m0ronic coach and fanss

WHy not ask who Man Utd bought to win the league and be in the CL finals

How much did they buy Bebe and Chicarito
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dipo2much(m): 7:40am On May 11, 2011
^^
You are a dayokanu. Man U had £30 signings in their team already and didn't need to spend a lot in a single transfer market. Rooney, imbetov,ferdinand, and carrick are †нє kinda signing I talk of.
But you wouldn't know, that will u? Dayo, u are sufficient proof  that 'Common sense' is a myth.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Nobody: 8:46am On May 11, 2011
dipo2much:

^^
You are a dayokanu. Man U had £30 signings in their team already and didn't need to spend a lot in a single transfer market. Rooney, imbetov,ferdinand, and carrick are †нє kinda signing I talk of.
But you wouldn't know, that will u? Dayo, u are sufficient proof that 'Common sense' is a myth.
Kindly justify the above emboldened.
The last of those signings was in 2008.That alone nullifies your argument on the need to spend.

Mr. duduspace,
Remember the opaks you were yarning about Arsenal finishing above United this season?Well,time's up.I'm waiting to see how you're going to explain this misyarn.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Jencejyde(m): 8:52am On May 11, 2011
debosky:

My Director of Defence aka ‘no bouncing’  grin let me respond to your post.

In my humble opinion, there are generally two schools of thought when it comes to Arsenal:

1. The playing squad is simply not good enough (the camp I belong to) regardless of what the manager does to ‘coach’ them.

2. The manager is the problem - he cannot ‘motivate’ or ‘coach’ the team to win - another coach can do it with the same group of players.

While not pretending to have any ‘special’ knowledge of the goings on at the club (as some advocates for so and so to come ‘change’ things in the dressing room claim to do) I can clearly analyse our playing staff as done previously and the difference is clear - this side is not even 60% of the invincibles.

Is Wenger tough enough? Do we need psychologists? I leave these intelligent questions to others. As a layman what  I can see is someone who was working with Ferraris is now trying to win the same races using Keke Napep. grin grin

I think all Arsenal fans agree on this point, the issue of contention is WHY are they so poor? Is it because Arsene has ‘lost it’ or is he simply working with lower quality material? Evidence tells me it is the latter.

Sol Campbell joined us as one of the best CBs in the league. Lehmann joined us challenging the best keeper in the world for his place in the German squad. Wiltord joined us as the highest goal scorer in France. Pires joined us off the back of a scintillating performance to win France the Euros, Gilberto joined us after winning the World Cup. . . .I could go on.

I feel this is more perception that truth - I am highly sceptical of those who believe teaching on the pitch is what would make a difference. To make an example, even Jose with all his shouting on the touchline has been able to ‘teach’ Adebayor to stop going offside like a stark illiterate. cheesy

debosky:

hahah! i no say one day i go become Defensive coach for Arsenal!!! grin grin grin Courtesy of peak milk.

But seriously, considering the hglighted statement. This is purely a fact. Let me quickly use my expereince as an example. We  set out on training to play a 4-4-2 formation for a forthcoming tournament. after about twoo weeks of intensive training on how to keep our balance in the formation and tactical awareness of how to exploit the advantage of the system in destroying our opponents, we now find out that on the pithc, a certain team is out muscling us in the midfield(very rare though) what do we do? Do we now start asking our coach how to go about it?! Of course not.

This is where the issue of leadership, maturity and WINNING MENTALITY comes in. There is no way on earth we will get a result under this circumstance if we do not have these qualites as players, as a team. The coach even admits that, he simply was short of words and under pressure when a team sets out in a way he never expects and we still came out tops, This is where i credit the old enemy, (Man U) They have players with grit and even fergie knows, its not his philosophy or tactics that win most of these games, but the three factors i mentioned earlier that either his players possess or he has IMBIBED in them.

Surely, Wenger has either not done enuff to imbibe this spirit into the present group or they themselves just dont have it within them.  As for Adebayor, im not proud oh, but even Hannie will agree with me that even Debola( Best striker Osu ever had) is far better than that crap.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Jencejyde(m): 9:00am On May 11, 2011
As an entrepreneur and chess expert, i know that you need to take risks at times and inorder to keep your Business afloat, you need to spend at times. the spending is not because you want to, but because you have to. Its a simple analogy that the board in this present times at arsenal must seriously take into consideration. Economically, Arsenal is fine, but in the long run, with no achievements, diminishing returns may begin to set in and then who knows the kind of inflationary rate we would be observing.

If AW is really and Economist, then by now he must have begun to see the writings on the wall, We are losing fanbase Arithmetically for now, but soon it may be Geometrically. Something just has to be done, There is no need for Aw to say" Buying depends on who leaves", That is absolute Crap!, Real have already started buying regardless of who leaves or not and we are here still pondering on whether to renew Bendtners contract or not WTF!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:41am On May 11, 2011
make una dey disturb unaselves.

very soon naw, u go hear say vermaelen na new signing,
bendtner is a class international,
vela is reborn,
arsenal's defence was the third best in europe etc etc etc.

grin grin grin grin

so what you are all telling me is that there does not exist a striker of say 10 mill that is better than bendtner
there isnt a defender of 12 mill better than squillacci
there arent players of 10-15 mill better than the duds in the team at present?

after 4 yrs of useless, hopeless dud performances, what will it take to actually get rid of confirmed fakes and replace them with other players? oh ok sorry, the team will be too disturbed that we wont win anything next year.

oh, shucks, thats not new now is it?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by coogar: 11:01am On May 11, 2011
StarBoard:

Mr. duduspace,
Remember the opaks you were yarning about Arsenal finishing above United this season?Well,time's up.I'm waiting to see how you're going to explain this misyarn.

not only that. . . . .united are supposed to go down. their debt is not sustainable. arsene wenger's policy is the best in the world. chelsea are finished and united are the next to crumble. mumuface should not be taken serious on these pages. his delusion is world class.

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (100)

Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 / 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.