Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,369 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). (61955 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by A40(m): 10:40pm On May 17, 2011
@Debosky
Did he make that statement while at Arsenal or after he left? Its not like he stormed outta Highbury! He had become a dwindling force and Wenger cashed in on him while he was still rated! I don't need ur words nay his to tell M̶̲̅ε̲̣
that. As per Gilberto Wenger couldn't have been bothered abt keeping him! With the captaincy ish and FlamsteR's emergence Bertie wasn't a factor! If Arsene had offered him 2 years he woulda stayed

@Dayokanu
‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ get kaaba kaaba by Konga or Kain ‎​D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ by Baba Fryo
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dipo2much(m): 10:51pm On May 17, 2011
Its a failure of a season. So bad, †нє board should instruct him to change at least SIX of his FIRST team players. I want to see †нє biggest clearout ever. As much as I love arsenal, †нє team is SHIT right now. I'm thinking of FLUSH.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 11:54pm On May 17, 2011
A-40:

@Dayokanu
‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ get kaaba kaaba by Konga or Kain ‎​D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ by Baba Fryo

[flash=500,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch=/v/gdkHbegXS9k[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by proudly9ja(m): 12:03am On May 18, 2011
debosky:

Off day or off season? cheesy

Isn't he still the best thing since sliced moi moi? cheesy
Il still rather see him play in the first team instead of Chamakh. At least he is a striker not a midfielder pretending to be a striker.

Considering that Cardiff lost 0 - 3 shows that he wasn't the only one who had an off day.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by hannie: 12:33am On May 18, 2011
^ u dey mind that ABOKI called Dobosky?

he just likes arguing for the fun of it!!!

JET as a loanee at Cardiff playing badly or not doesnt mean as an Arsenal player he wont do well, infact I have said it that twerps like Chamakh arent what Arsenal need . . .Chicarito proved to us he didnt need to master the language of the queen to set the EPL alight neither did Suarez, but for Chamakh he needs be cut some slack whilst upcoming players like JET must be buried alive before their time . . .absolute bunkum!  angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by v3: 7:13am On May 18, 2011
Manchester City don enter 3rd? shocked
I no dey laff again o sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by edoyad(m): 7:35am On May 18, 2011
v3:

Manchester City don enter 3rd? shocked
I no dey laff again o sad

UCL qualification be that now wink . Personally i wouldn't mind the club sacrificing next season's UCL so they can concentrate on getting back on track
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by lalaboi(m): 9:17am On May 18, 2011
edoyad:

UCL qualification be that now wink . Personally i wouldn't mind the club sacrificing next season's UCL so they can concentrate on getting back on track

Good Idea. . . Play in the Europa league. . . It will help you get back on track grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by chamotex(m): 9:21am On May 18, 2011
Arsenal should just drop to the Europa League . . . they have a better chance of winning that.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dipo2much(m): 10:45am On May 18, 2011
Even if we finish 4th, no sht. We still go to elite europe. How many of you can watch a CL season that The Arsenal is not in?. wink. We are not entirely new to finishing forth and still having a good run after excelling at the play-off.
Nothing bothers me more than our activity in the next transfer break. We need to make a firm statement of intent to improve by buying veterans/quality
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by codedguy1(m): 11:02am On May 18, 2011
Arsenal and spuds having a romantic affair in 4th and 5th position.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin

Wonders will never end.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dipo2much(m): 11:10am On May 18, 2011
^^
Our affair ends when ECL starts
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by rasputinn(m): 11:16am On May 18, 2011
coded guy:

Arsenal and spuds having a romantic affair in 4th and 5th position.

If the season still had about four games to go,then spuds or Liverpool might even fancy beating this present Arsenal squad to the fourth postion,in which case Arsenal would have finished the season either fith or sixth on the EPL log

I really pity the season ticket holders that had to put up with live poo performance.

The fans should start bringing anti Wenger and anti board banners and placards to the stadium and training ground.It's no mean feat to cough out 50 quid a week and get this kind of performance,heads gotta roll;under normal circumstances
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by edoyad(m): 11:21am On May 18, 2011
lalaboi:

Good Idea. . . Play in the Europa league. . . It will help you get back on track grin grin
Yes na grin, you as well as i know that Wenger would never take the europa league seriously. That'd give them time focus on rebuilding the team via domestic competitions. Isn't it the same Wenger who told Mourinho he'd rather take 3 points than win the copa del rey ? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 11:45am On May 18, 2011
proudly9ja:

Il still rather see him play in the first team instead of Chamakh. At least he is a striker not a midfielder pretending to be a striker.

I see. . . is this preference to see him play based on anything he has achieved or just a notion in your head?

By achieved I mean goals scored, games played etc. Just a summary of why you hold this position would be much appreciated.

Juxtapose that to a player in his first season in English football who, if not for a daft ref who should still be drinking breastmilk, would have secured third place for Arsenal with his headed goal on Sunday. A striker whose contribution by scoring goals and earning penalties kept us in the chase till RVP returned?

Secondly, did your beloved JET even feature as a striker for Cardiff or was he out wide crossing into the box? #justasking

I wonder who is pretending to be a midfielder - is it the player who has scored in six consecutive CL games or the one who has played CB,LB, CM, LM, DM and striker and is still confused as to what his position should be? cheesy http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2009/06/top-5-best-jay-emmanuel-thomas-positions/

Is the 'masquerading midfielder' Chamakh or JET who Steve Bould said should be a CB? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 11:57am On May 18, 2011
hannie:

^ u dey mind that ABOKI called Dobosky?

he just likes arguing for the fun of it!!!

JET as a loanee at Cardiff playing badly or not doesnt mean as an Arsenal player he wont do well, infact I have said it that twerps like Chamakh arent what Arsenal need . . .Chicarito proved to us he didnt need to master the language of the queen to set the EPL alight neither did Suarez, but for Chamakh he needs be cut some slack whilst upcoming players like JET must be buried alive before their time . . .absolute bunkum! angry

My friend sharrap there. You're making noise about Chicharito and Suarez as if they was the only strikers signed into the EPL this season. How well have Dzeko and Balotelli done? How well has Torres done despite donkey years in the EPL?

Someone who hasn’t delivered anywhere except scoring frequently for the reserves is the one y’all are making noise about?

Even the much maligned Bendtner did immensely better during his loan deals - what is JET’s excuse? Why on earth should a player do badly on loan yet get thrown into the Arsenal first team? Was Jack bad at Bolton before getting a spot? Was Djourou bad at the Brummies before getting a spot? Was Woij bad at the Bees before getting a spot? Was Song rubbish on loan before being brought back?

But no - some irrational bunkum spewing folk here just have the hots for JET, despite his appalling lack of performances anywhere else except in the reserves.

Note - I am NOT condemning JET, but he damn well start performing (not just for reserves) before expecting to walk into the Arsenal first team squad, potential or no potential.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by nateevs(m): 12:42pm On May 18, 2011
Arsenal 4th? This is not funny any more.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by FBS: 12:53pm On May 18, 2011
Not funny? What if they eventually get knocked out of the QS by say BayernM? -> Europa Cup?
Yes, you are right, It ain't funny anymore. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dipo2much(m): 1:07pm On May 18, 2011
I don't think bringing JET to †нє arsenal squad for next season will be a good idea. Players don't just go on loan spells for †нє record. They go to get better. †нє so much hyped JET should be doing a lot better and should not make †нє arsenal squad just cos his name sounds like an aircraft. I say he stays on loan (possibly at cardiff if they'll still have him) or find another place to improve.
Including him now will be a banner of unseriousness on †нє path of wenger. It'll have a negative impact on †нє morale of any hardworking player who knows what is required of arsenal at this time. †нє lad HAS NOT earned anytin. I'll rather we keep bendtner than sell him off for JET to replace
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by codedguy1(m): 1:22pm On May 18, 2011
dipo2much:

^^
Our affair ends when ECL starts

Atleast you admit the affair for now.

debosky:

My friend sharrap there. You're making noise about Chicharito and Suarez as if they was the only strikers signed into the EPL this season. How well have Dzeko and Balotelli done? How well has Torres done despite donkey years in the EPL?

Someone who hasn’t delivered anywhere except scoring frequently for the reserves is the one y’all are making noise about?

Even the much maligned Bendtner did immensely better during his loan deals - what is JET’s excuse? Why on earth should a player do badly on loan yet get thrown into the Arsenal first team? Was Jack bad at Bolton before getting a spot? Was Djourou bad at the Brummies before getting a spot? Was Woij bad at the Bees before getting a spot? Was Song rubbish on loan before being brought back?

But no - some irrational bunkum spewing folk here just have the hots for JET, despite his appalling lack of performances anywhere else except in the reserves.

Note - I am NOT condemning JET, but he damn well start performing (not just for reserves) before expecting to walk into the Arsenal first team squad, potential or no potential.

Debo go soon use gun fire persin for hia. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by proudly9ja(m): 2:12pm On May 18, 2011
debosky:

I see. . . is this preference to see him play based on anything he has achieved or just a notion in your head?

By achieved I mean goals scored, games played etc. Just a summary of why you hold this position would be much appreciated.

Juxtapose that to a player in his first season in English football who, if not for a daft ref who should still be drinking breastmilk, would have secured third place for Arsenal with his headed goal on Sunday. A striker whose contribution by scoring goals and earning penalties kept us in the chase till RVP returned?

Secondly, did your beloved JET even feature as a striker for Cardiff or was he out wide crossing into the box? #justasking

I wonder who is pretending to be a midfielder - is it the player who has scored in six consecutive CL games or the one who has played CB,LB, CM, LM, DM and striker and is still confused as to what his position should be? cheesy http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2009/06/top-5-best-jay-emmanuel-thomas-positions/

Is the 'masquerading midfielder' Chamakh or JET who Steve Bould said should be a CB? cheesy
Stop referring to 2009 articles when JET was still 16/17. Considering all the roles he has played in such a short time tells you there's something about the guy. He even got into Arsene's first team 3 seasons ago playing against a dutch club in the Amsterdam Arena cup (or whatever they called it then).

Is it his fault Dave Jones at Cardiff plays him on the left to accommodate Bellamy and Boothroyd/Chopra? Is Bendtner not having the same issues at Arsenal? Wenger should play Chamakh on the left or right and see how that pans out. Even Striking role wey we give am na pass him go dey pass for box like say he is Fabregas in disguise.

A player who joined Cardiff City only in January and played 12 games (5 as a sub) and scored two goals and two assists in a team consisting of Chopra, Bellamy, Boothroyd, etc? How many goals as Chamakh (at 26 and with all his wealth of experience?) scored this year?

BTW, in case you've forgotten, Villa was leading 2- 0 when he scored his goal. 2 - 1 wouldn't have put us in third place. Where was he when we needed his so called goals in other games in 2011? was the ref daft in those games too?

Did Chamakh not complain that the EPL was too tough for him? Please, let's ease him of his worries.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by hannie: 2:18pm On May 18, 2011
@Debosky

u are a fat fool!!!

infact u are retarded beyond what any sane mind can imagine possible . . .

why was JET allowed to go on loan when he was doing quite well with the reserves and making everyone sweat as to why he wasnt being used?

does sending out a player always bring out results? u be proper adodi Dobosiki . . .JET is far better than being wasted in Cardiff playing on the wings or f.uckever, AW in his usual f.oolish self allowed him go when he was already on a high and had even played a few games in the senior set-up, knowing how other players had been allowed to waste away under the illusion of wenger being the best manager of youth, I wouldnt be surprised at the guy not having had his psyche damaged knowing also he is better than  Bendtner or Chamakh that was being hyped into oblivion . . .

I keep mentioning Suarez and Chicarito as I dont make comparisons with disappointments based on the standards my club is supoosed to be known for, instead I will make comparisons with players from clubs with higher pedigree relatively, can u imagine ur stewpid self talking about players from Citeh . . .doesnt that tell u just how much we have regressed?

Ode oshi!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by proudly9ja(m): 2:21pm On May 18, 2011
dipo2much:

I don't think bringing JET to †нє arsenal squad for next season will be a good idea. Players don't just go on loan spells for †нє record. They go to get better. †нє so much hyped JET should be doing a lot better and should not make †нє arsenal squad just cos his name sounds like an aircraft. I say he stays on loan (possibly at cardiff if they'll still have him) or find another place to improve.
Including him now will be a banner of unseriousness on †нє path of wenger. It'll have a negative impact on †нє morale of any hardworking player who knows what is required of arsenal at this time. †нє lad HAS NOT earned anytin. I'll rather we keep bendtner than sell him off for JET to replace

What worse can JET in the team do? Will the fourth position elude us?

On the bold part, the only seriousness AW has shown with his summer and winter purchases is keeping us in the the top 4. I do not think in anyway replacing Chamakh with JET will compromise that.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by nateevs(m): 2:27pm On May 18, 2011
hannie:

@Debosky

u are a fat fool!!!

Is he really? Link pls!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dipo2much(m): 2:45pm On May 18, 2011
^^
Lol. That is funny. Need a link to that too?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by coogar: 2:50pm On May 18, 2011
proudly9ja:

Did Chamakh not complain that the EPL was too tough for him? Please, let's ease him of his worries.

why is everyone on chamakh's neck? i have analysed him several times and he seems to be a square peg in a round hole. he is a good striker with average skills set. he is an effective tool to have in a 4-4-2 system but a liability in arsenal's 4-3-3.  wenger has to carry the blame here deploying arsenal in his 4-3-3 system. arsenal have no real out n out wingers that can utilize chamakh's strength. in any mid-table team with out n out wingers playing 4-4-2, chamakh would be scoring 20 goals per season easily but he's not suited to arsenal's formation.

hannie:

@Debosky

u are a fat fool!!!

i cannot disagree with this.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by presido1: 4:32pm On May 18, 2011
Debo is slowly turning to Becomerich of sports section grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 4:40pm On May 18, 2011
Debo used to be an intelligent boy but like anything related to WengER, He has declined terribly
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:53pm On May 18, 2011
yawn
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by johncasey1(m): 6:09pm On May 18, 2011
Wetin concern u about arsenajl sef go away and leave us to our cross TO gunners if u are tired of the club go and sign on to the worms no be by force
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dipo2much(m): 6:14pm On May 18, 2011
@ dodoyokanu

In contrast to Debo, u have never been an intelligent lad. You know nothing other than to type 'wenger'. So much for †нє use of a human brain
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 6:23pm On May 18, 2011
dipo2much:

@ dodoyokanu

In contrast to Debo, u have never been an intelligent lad. You know nothing other than to type 'wenger'. So much for †нє use of a human brain

Have you noticed that nobody even cares about your opinion? It must really suck to be the reetard of the forum

[flash=500,500]http://www.youtube.com/watch=/v/8gyLR4NfMiI[/flash]

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (100)

Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 / 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.