Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,548 members, 7,837,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). (62502 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 8:00am On May 20, 2011
Ibime:

^^WTF does Chamhakh have to do with Folorunso shytting on himself in Mile 12 market? Or do you just like injecting incoherrent anecdotes into your rants?

Early stages of madness. grin grin

Chamakh's goals dried up, so did Nasri's and a few other players, and MC wasn't even starting regularly. Does that now lead to a conclusion that Nasri is useless?

If it was a case of Chamakh getting chance after chance and making Bendtner-esque misses, then y'all would have a point. He didn't perform as well as his initial form suggested - there's no doubt about that. Taking the whole season in perspective, his was an acceptable debut season.

coogar:

berbatov
van nistelrooy
luis suarez
fernando torres
david silva
asamoah gyan

You've started megedefegede again. How many games did MC start in comparison to Gyan or Silva?

Besides by what measure did Silva have a better individual performance this season (winning FA Cup aside of course)? Despite playing more games than MC, he made only 9 assists compared to MC's 6 and scored 4 goals compared to 7 in the league for Chamakh.

Gyan scored 10 goals compared to Chamakh's 7 in the league, but he started more games. In terms of shot to goals ratio, Chamakh comes out higher.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by v3: 9:02am On May 20, 2011
One by one. .they bad eggs are leaving.

DENILSON
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:44am On May 20, 2011
yawn
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by mbulela: 9:54am On May 20, 2011
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/20/denilson-arsenal-leave

This boy's arrogance is mind boggling.
I doubt he will get a regular shirt in Blackpool.
I thot Bendtner was the only insane one, this one iseven more hilarious.
I wish he would do the talking on the field.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by duduspace(m): 10:02am On May 20, 2011
^^^
first one outta the exit door. Nothing unexpected and I don't find the article arrogant, just heartfelt. I'll be very concerned about his future if he didn't feel that way.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by mbulela: 10:12am On May 20, 2011
saying he can't play for Chelsea, Spurs or United.
who told him any of those would be interested in him?
Next thing he will say he sees his future in Barcelona.
angry that they have not won in 5 years.
Is it not down to the ineptitude of people like him?

The only person who has a right to be angry at Arsenal is Van Persie.
The rest ought to maintain a 'no comment' stance in the media.
the boy is a Arrow
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by edoyad(m): 10:19am On May 20, 2011
"This is not a sudden decision. I made up my mind eight months ago. I was fed up of coming home and feeling down.
This struck a chord, i thought i was the only one who usually felt this way on saturday evenings.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by rasputinn(m): 10:39am On May 20, 2011
@ All

Y'all should cut Denilson some slack abeg,agreed he's not been one of our dependablebes in recent times,but what was he supposed to do??quit the team then??well he's quitting now.

Let's take a second look at what he said;
""This has been the worst season of my life and I am so upset, so frustrated," he told The Sun.

"I am a winner and I came here to win trophies but I've been here for five years and won nothing.

"A footballer's career is over very quickly so it is time for me to move on.

??
If he had been piss-poor season in,season out,then the coach should be blamed for keeping him in the squad
Which of you guys disagrees with what he said above
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by hannie: 11:03am On May 20, 2011
Ibime:

^^WTF does Chamhakh have to do with Folorunso shytting on himself in Mile 12 market? Or do you just like injecting incoherrent anecdotes into your rants?

if u had half a brain u would have deciphered what I was trying to say when I mentioned '' he wan steal am ?'' but being the unintelligent chav u are why should I expect anything sensible from u?

U see wetin SIA1 dey do Osaze now tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:10am On May 20, 2011
rasputinn:

@ All

Y'all should cut Denilson some slack abeg,agreed he's not been one of our dependablebes in recent times,but what was he supposed to do??quit the team then??well he's quitting now.

Let's take a second look at what he said;
""This has been the worst season of my life and I am so upset, so frustrated," he told The Sun.

"I am a winner and I came here to win trophies but I've been here for five years and won nothing.

"A footballer's career is over very quickly so it is time for me to move on.

??
[size=18pt]If he had been piss-poor season in,season out,then the coach should be blamed for keeping him in the squad[/size]
Which of you guys disagrees with what he said above

is is wot we haffs been tryings to highlightings oo, buhts awon broses o sha fe gbo ti waa.

shebi na someborry go carry him hand start gwongworo, smoking and belching motorcar put am for express, after lastma come catch am, e go begin talk say na goodluck jonathan nor allow am get moni take buy cha cha avensis.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by HNIC(m): 11:37am On May 20, 2011
Mr. Denilson
Bye. . .
thanks for the memories.
Goal at goodison park,freekick against Hull,Penalty against Roma(thot u would miss grin)etc
Wish u luck in your next venture.
who's next?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 1:19pm On May 20, 2011
Losers community
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by mbulela: 2:12pm On May 20, 2011
@rasputinn
I guess you missed this part of his sermon;

He does not, however, envisage joining another Premier League side. "I can't see myself returning in a Chelsea shirt, or Liverpool or Manchester City – and definitely not Tottenham," he said. "I think my future will be in Italy or Spain."
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by coogar: 3:05pm On May 20, 2011
debosky:

You've started megedefegede again. How many games did MC start in comparison to Gyan or Silva?

you want to compare the contributions of silva and gyan in their respective teams to chamakh's spineless effort this season? you are still a tool.

Besides by what measure did Silva have a better individual performance this season (winning FA Cup aside of course)? Despite playing more games than MC, he made only 9 assists compared to MC's 6 and scored 4 goals compared to 7 in the league for Chamakh.

david silva is city's best player. chamakh is an out n out striker. comparing him to silva that plays wide is the reason i think you are a tool. silva is the brain behind city's attacking play. i am not a city fan but silva's debut season is miles better than chamakh's.

Gyan scored 10 goals compared to Chamakh's 7 in the league, but he started more games. In terms of shot to goals ratio, Chamakh comes out higher.

shots to goals ratio? this mumu won't stop opening his gob.

asamoah(10 league goals, 24 shots on target)
chamakh(7 league goals, 21 shots on target)

chamkakh comes out tops indeed, fat fool! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by HNIC(m): 3:16pm On May 20, 2011
coogar:

a huge chunk of those shots on targets were actually backpasses grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by coogar: 3:19pm On May 20, 2011
HNIC:

a huge chunk of those shots on targets were actually backpasses grin

have you seen chamakh's shots before? marouane's feet are very weak. he takes them more feeble than a 2 yr old attempting to kick the ball.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by HNIC(m): 3:45pm On May 20, 2011
coogar:

have you seen chamakh's shots before? marouane's feet are very weak. he takes them more feeble than a 2 yr old attempting to kick the ball.
Believe it or not
But. . . . Chamakh had 7 league goals this season and only 1 was via his head(Wolves away)
The other 6 were not scored with his chest or shoulders,he used his 'weak' feet grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by coogar: 3:47pm On May 20, 2011
HNIC:

Believe it or not
But. . . . Chamakh had 7 league goals this season and only 1 was via his head(Wolves away)
The other 6 were not scored with his chest or shoulders,he used his 'weak' feet grin

so you believe chamakh had a better season than asamoah gyan? seriously?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by follypimpi(m): 3:59pm On May 20, 2011
Chamoru can't shoot to save his soul,am not a fan.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by HNIC(m): 4:39pm On May 20, 2011
coogar:

so you believe chamakh had a better season than asamoah gyan? seriously?
Too many differences between the two
One had more games.
One came straight into the team(13m was shelled for him)
All in all, let's compare them after a few seasons.
After watching Pires for a season, I thought AW made a mistake.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by hannie: 4:48pm On May 20, 2011
@Debosky

the fatness of ur foolery and the outrageous bunkumery u spew knows no bounds . . .

time waits for no one these days . . .Arsenal needed an established player thats why they got Chamoru . . .what did he bring to the table?

even BENDTNER benched the ediot and showed he is better, PLS GIVE ME A BETTER STRIKER NOT ALL THESE DUDS WE PARADE AS STRIKERS!

JET and Jay Simpson are apt examples of players AW didnt need to allow go on loan or even sell . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by rasputinn(m): 7:51pm On May 20, 2011
mbulela:

@rasputinn
I guess you missed this part of his sermon;

He does not, however, envisage joining another Premier League side. "I can't see myself returning in a Chelsea shirt, or Liverpool or Manchester City – and definitely not Tottenham," he said. "I think my future will be in Italy or Spain."

Not really,whether he says he thinks his future is in the white house or not,still does not negate the point that Arsene should be blamed for keeping players like Denilson all these just so they could to make up the numbers
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dipo2much(m): 9:44pm On May 20, 2011
I guess wenger expected denilson to 'grow' but denilson didn't. And then came a certain wilshere who completely overshadowed denilson. I am Ħƌƥƥƴ denilson is gone anyways. †нє next to go shul be clichy abeg.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 10:21pm On May 20, 2011
coogar:

david silva is city's best player. chamakh is an out n out striker. comparing him to silva that plays wide is the reason i think you are a tool. silva is the brain behind city's attacking play. i am not a city fan but silva's debut season is miles better than chamakh's.

If this contribution is so notable, why isn't it evident in the assists table?

shots to goals ratio? this mumu won't stop opening his gob.

chamkakh comes out tops indeed, fat fool! grin

http://www.premierleague.com/page/PlayerProfile/0,,12306~44199~2009,00.html

http://www.premierleague.com/page/PlayerProfile/0,,12306~28517~2009,00.html

My bad actually - they have the same shots to goals ratio - I mixed that up with shots on target to total shots ratio where Chamakh comes out better.

My point still remains - if Gyan is rated a success, Chamakh was a success as well.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by hannie: 10:58pm On May 20, 2011
^ dont u ever feel ashamed when u compare ur players with players from teams with lower pedigree?

Chamakh compared to Gyan?

are u for real?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by coogar: 12:12am On May 21, 2011
debosky:

If this contribution is so notable, why isn't it evident in the assists table?

assist stats can be misleading sometimes. if a midfielder lays the same quality of pass for messi and chamakh, he will get more goal assists from messi and fewer goal assists from chamakh. goal assists is highly dependent on the player putting the ball at the back of the net. however, there's statistics for goal assists and there's statistics for key passes. david silva posted 64 key passes in the league. more than any arsenal player and that includes cesc(61) nasri(56) wilshere(56) arshavin(40).

http://www.premierleague.com/page/PlayerProfile/0,,12306~44199~2009,00.html

http://www.premierleague.com/page/PlayerProfile/0,,12306~28517~2009,00.html

My bad actually - they have the same shots to goals ratio - I mixed that up with shots on target to total shots ratio where Chamakh comes out better.

My point still remains - if Gyan is rated a success, Chamakh was a success as well.

you are a fat fool indeed. . . . . .you are comparing sunderland's output as a team to arsenal's?

chamakh scored 7 league goals of arsenal's total of 70 league goals.(10% contribution)
asamoah scored 10 league goals of sunderland's total of 42 league goals((24% contribution) and we should follow your lead that asamoah and chamakh were on the same level?

of arsenal's 233 total shots on target, chamakh contributed just 21 of them.(9% contribution)
of sunderland's 142 total shots on target, asamoah contributed 24 shots on target.(17% contribution)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rankings/4949054/Premier-League-Statistics.html

debosky has to be the fattest tool in the sports section. asamoah was a monumental success, chamakh was a gigantic failure.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dipo2much(m): 6:31am On May 21, 2011
Gyan was a monumental success. Funny how people just make statements to 'hit' points in a non-argument. Sunderland broke their buying record to buy Gyan, who scored 10 goals. Osaze came to west brom for far less than †нє about £13M paid for Gyan And scored far more goals for Gyan. Now, if Gyan, considering †нє amount paid for him And †нє goals he scored, is 'monumental' then what adjective will we use to describe Osaze?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by khanye(m): 10:15am On May 21, 2011
Arsenal Set To Sign Velez Sarsfield's Ricky Alvarez - Report

Another free transfer . . . grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 10:57am On May 21, 2011
Sharon grin

You're lucky I've repented else I would have spewed the most venal invectives on your balding hitler-resembling head. tongue

coogar:

assist stats can be misleading sometimes. if a midfielder lays the same quality of pass for messi and chamakh, he will get more goal assists from messi and fewer goal assists from chamakh. goal assists is highly dependent on the player putting the ball at the back of the net. however, there's statistics for goal assists and there's statistics for key passes. david silva posted 64 key passes in the league. more than any arsenal player and that includes cesc(61) nasri(56) wilshere(56) arshavin(40).

What are these 'key' passes? Secondly, Chamakh's fewer appearances is a major reason he's lower on the goal scoring charts than he should be.

you are a fat fool indeed. . . . . .you are comparing sunderland's output as a team to arsenal's?

chamakh scored 7 league goals of arsenal's total of 70 league goals.(10% contribution)
asamoah scored 10 league goals of sunderland's total of 42 league goals((24% contribution) and we should follow your lead that asamoah and chamakh were on the same level?

of arsenal's 233 total shots on target, chamakh contributed just 21 of them.(9% contribution)
of sunderland's 142 total shots on target, asamoah contributed 24 shots on target.(17% contribution)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rankings/4949054/Premier-League-Statistics.html

debosky has to be the fattest tool in the sports section. asamoah was a monumental success, chamakh was a gigantic failure.

You keep changing goalposts - are we looking at relative contributions or absolute contributions? If relative, then Gyan made a larger contribution. But in terms of individual performances (which is where this discussion started) Chamakh can be argued to have done as well if not better as Gyan, especially when you factor in his CL performances.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 11:04am On May 21, 2011
khanye:

Another free transfer . . . grin

And so what? If I was a hype-creating type of guy, I'd claim he's going to be our Hernandez next season. grin

Besides, being free is not necessarily a bad thing. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by follypimpi(m): 12:12pm On May 21, 2011
What happened to these players:

1. Galindo
2. Wellington Silva (heared the dude is lazy and always munchin on pizza)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dipo2much(m): 12:15pm On May 21, 2011
We haven't even signed him officially yet. If news about him is anytin to go by, then he's skillful and tall. We haven't had height in team for long.
So far, good. Denilson is gone.
But, nasri is stalling over signing a new contract and clichy has started doing †нє denilson talk. By now, i expect clichy to start telling everybody he is going too. I need him out of emirates quick

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (100)

3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) / Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 3) On 3rd October 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.