Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,784 members, 7,810,045 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China (53728 Views)

70-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Sitting On A Nest Of Eggs Found In China (Photos) / Boy From 16th Century Found Buried With Pot On His Head In Siberia / 110-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur's Last Meal Found Preserved In It's Stomach (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by princehaxky(m): 4:30am On Sep 22, 2020
They Be Like:
*This is the End
This Guy: I wanna Sleep.
Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by ggirl4real: 6:40am On Sep 22, 2020
lefulefu:
biko wich christians? u might be talking about nigerian christians cheesy
everybody christian or not knows the earth is more than frigging 7000 years.and how did they do their calculation in the bible?
abeg naija christians are funnyset of ppl.they will misquote bible upandan

Na Naija Christians I dey talk about o
Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by ggirl4real: 6:53am On Sep 22, 2020
Grandmeister:

Nope but here’s a shocker..in the book of job (purportedly one of the oldest books in the Bible)chapter 40:15-24..an animal called behemoth was mentioned
1. It was so big that it could wade into the rushing Jordan river to drink without fear
2. It’s tail was as big as a cedar tree
3. It ate grass
4. It’s limbs and bones were as strong as brass....

Then in chapter 41 it mentioned a great beast called leviathan in those days
1. It had tightly knitted scales that air couldn’t pass through
2. Spears and javelins thrown at it by men didn’t do anything to it
3. Beasts and men cowered in fear when it raised itself up
4. It’s teeth were like daggers
5. It’s breath could kindle coal....the descriptions of these animals looks like the dinosaurs/dragons of ancient tales..but how it was written in the book of job suggests that job actually had knowledge or may have even seen these animals..if it’s so then man lived alongside great beasts that are now extinct..this is another reason I don’t believe that they existed millions of years ago..but that they existed with man.

Ok Sir
Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by uzoexcel(m): 6:54am On Sep 22, 2020
stop spewing your ignorance on social media.

adioolayi:
Scientists just dey dash fossil records any numbers of years dem like grin cheesy grin cheesy.

I saw remains of alligator dated 200Million years for my village yesterday...showing they have been existing since that time.

Shey you say you madt ni, Make we dey dash everything any numbers of years..make we kukuma all madt together. grin cheesy grin
Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by adioolayi(m): 6:55am On Sep 22, 2020
uzoexcel:

stop spewing your ignorance on social media.

What do you know about fossil records and carbon dating
Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by adioolayi(m): 7:00am On Sep 22, 2020
adekzy:

Go to school you will refuse!

Have learned about Radio-Carbon 14 Dating. It a scientific process used to detect the date/age of any organism.

What else do you know about fossil record and carbon dating Do you know its flaws Do you know dating of over 30000 years are always subject of controversies Read more if you don't. Besides, read my post again...it's for the fun of it.. nothing serious
Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by adioolayi(m): 7:02am On Sep 22, 2020
EM123:
listen scientist don't lie , they research before making statement , that is why white men are light years ahead of us . Is d phone u are using to type rubbish a lie? Is phone not d result of scientist research ?

You know nothing about carbon dating....if you do, you will know dating of more than 30000 years is still subject of controversies in scientific world. You can read more.

Besides, my post is for the fun of it ..nothing serious..read it again for laffs
Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by Zontrident: 8:20am On Sep 22, 2020
ggirl4real:

Neither religious folks nor Atheists have verifiable account of the creation story. Both of them are wrong to believe that God exists or does not exist respectively.

By the way, don't always assume that everyone who disagrees with the religious folks about the creation story is an Atheist.

I'm not one coz I can't prove that God doesn't exists but I'm too sure that religious folks cannot prove that God exists
But you believe that charms work you believe that people can make bullets not affect them
Haven't you heard of healings in churches if you think african healings are a lie search on Kathryn kulman she was a white pastoress that healed people in usa tell me that juju is a lie where did the power come from
For your information the bible does not disapprove evolution or scientific creationist theories they were men before Adam was created if you check the lineagology of jesus you will find out he was an ancestor of adam the bible explains the genealogy of jesus from ada down to him when the earth was seeded plants and animals existed for a very long time just because the bible said days doesn't specify it happened in a day
Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by ggirl4real: 8:40am On Sep 22, 2020
Zontrident:

But you believe that charms work you believe that people can make bullets not affect them
Haven't you heard of healings in churches if you think african healings are a lie search on Kathryn kulman she was a white pastoress that healed people in usa tell me that juju is a lie where did the power come from
For your information the bible does not disapprove evolution or scientific creationist theories they were men before Adam was created if you check the lineagology of jesus you will find out he was an ancestor of adam the bible explains the genealogy of jesus from ada down to him when the earth was seeded plants and animals existed for a very long time just because the bible said days doesn't specify it happened in a day

I don't believe that charm works until I see it work

I can't believe in Kathyrn Kulman's healings because I was not there to verify

Every other thing you wrote is just your BELIEF based on the Bible. Everyone cannot believe in the Bible because it's just a book we inherited without knowing if the events happened or not.

Atheists believe that God does not exist while Christians believe that God exists. NONE OF THEM have proves, they are just believing.

I only have a problem when Christians or Muslims present their religious books as generally accepted truths. We are just believing what we are indoctrinated or choose to believe.
Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by FunFact: 8:48am On Sep 22, 2020
Openbusiness:
Noah's Flood is a Myth as how Then you say the story waa stolen and it predates Christianity, lol grin, was Noah a Christian or a Judaismic Jew, was there anything like Christianity in the world then..... smiley? I can already pick many holes in your theory. Try to research more but with an open mind, not a mind that already has some preset prejudices or bias. But for a start, marine archeologists have already discovered evidence that supports the occurrence of a great flood that happened in the world. But due to the nature of science, they just don't or can't specifically say it was Noah's flood. But the timing matches Noah's era, so whether or not they fully acknowledge it as Noah's flood doesn't matter, the flood happened.
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2000/sep/14/internationalnews.archaeology
Then as for your theory of global flooding, your idea is fundamentally flawed and that is why you missed it and mixed things up. Let me explain to you. Human beings did not originally appear in all the different zones or continents in this world from the beginning of our existence. Even science knows this. Human beings originated from a fixed position or point on Earth, then we migrated to other parts of the world gradually as our population began to expand. At a point in our existence, we had not populated all the regions in this world. And such was the situation in the time of Noah. At this period, humans were not "global" yet. We were yet to span the entire Earth. So when the Bible talks about the world being flooded, it was not the entire geographical world in actual sense. It was the world of humanity. The flood covered the geographical location that the human population had expanded to, and so it was actually some part of the world that experienced the flooding, not the entire world. Then your idea about the rain measurements for rising water levels is also flawed. You see, science tells us that about 2/3 of the planet is made of water. So basically, you don't really need an ocean of rain to cause a catastrophic flood. You just need some steady and consistent heavy rainfall and it will trigger the flooding. Because the flooding isn't going to come from the rain water. NO! The flooding will come from the rising ocean/ sea water levels. The ocean / sea water levels in this planet has a tipping point where if reached, then the world is in serious trouble and capable to be sank underneath. Science tells us this and that's one of the major reasons they keep shouting and raising alarm about global warming. Because the hotter the planet gets, the more the polar ice caps of the world melts and the more they melt, the more the ocean / sea water level rises that if left unchecked can cause a catastrophic global flooding that can destroy the world. Hence, science is pushing us towards green energy to reduce the ozone depletion and other man-made pollution that increases global warming. And speaking of polar ice caps, the planet has a huge concentration of ice at the poles, hence called caps, these ice caps are directly connected to the ocean / sea water levels. If they melt indiscriminately, they can cause rising water levels that can cause catastrophic flooding. And this was what happened in Noah's world, or the world of man during Noah era, or the part of the world that humans had migrated to and had covered. The constant rain wasn't the source of the flooding, the constant rain TRIGGERED the flooding. Do you know that there's a part of the ice glaciers in the world called DOOMSDAY Glaciers? Because if it melts, then you can expect that there's going to be a catastrophic global flooding that will sink many places under the ocean, places like Lagos will be buried under the ocean forever, islands like Indonesia, and many other countries will be gone forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF1edSg5VP4
You just wrote a long paragraph that didn’t debunk anything I said at all.
First; If you read properly you would see where I said the Israelites stole the story.

Second; Your bible implied all of life forms and Noah's settlement took place in the middle East. Don’t even try to justify with Science, as science notes it all began in Africa. There are no evidence of an old man carrying animals to the middle East from Australia, the Amazon and countless Polynesian Islands then brought them back again. How would that even be possible? use your common sense here. How did he preserve and replant all the freshwater plants that flooding by seawater would have killed (or the sea life that freshwater would have killed…can’t have it both ways.
Also,there are evidences that the Egyptian empire had continued to flourish during the time the Noah's flood is said to had happened. The Middle East and Isreal share the Mediterranean with Egypt, so if the flood did happen I believe Egypt would have been affected.

Third; The “Ark Encounter” in Kentucky is pretty good evidence against it, at least, the boat part, as it had to be built with heavy equipment by hundreds of people, is only standing because of a steel and concrete foundation, and needs major air conditioning just to keep its visitors from overheating/sufficating, something ten million+ animals would need even more…and none of which was available thousands of years ago.

Fourth; On the other hand, geologists overwhelmingly insist there was never a great worldwide flood at any time in human history. They point out that there is not enough water to create a worldwide flood like that portrayed in the Bible or in the earlier Epic of Gilgamesh. Historians point out that civilisations such as in Egypt and China continued to prosper right through the time attributed to the biblical flood, entirely unaware that they were supposed to be drowning. Anthropologists point out that Australian aborigines have lived on their continent for around 60,000 years, cut off from the rest of the world, yet they survived. There is ample evidence that Noah’s flood never occurred.

Fifth; You’re only proving my point. With the amount of water contained on earth, no global flooding could possibly to rise 1000ft above sea level. There are plenty of hills that are 1000ft above sea levels and people at that time would easily migrate to these hills making them 100 times safer than some one on a wooden boat.

Sixth; Partly true, at the height of the last ice age, there was so much glacier ice stranded on top of continents that sea level was 120 meters lower than today worldwide. When those glaciers melted at the end of the last ice age, between 12,000 and 8,000 years ago, sea level rose and flooded seacoast villages around the world. In a few places, there is a shallow shelf separating a basin from the world ocean. The Bosporus in Turkey is one such place. When sea level was low, the Black Sea was cut off from the world ocean and evaporation dropped sea level far below the lip of the ledge. When the world ocean rose to overtop that lip, the Black Sea basin would have flooded almost instantly…a legendary story that would be passed down for millenia. There may even have been a wise man who watched the Mediterranean Sea encroach upon the spillpoint and realized what was about to happen. I know I would have put it together and seen it coming. Then formed a story about it claiming it was magical. Sure.

I could go on and on. For every “supporting fact” for the Great Flood there is a far superior everyday physically plausible explanation.
In summary, science does not disprove magical stories. Science needs only prove that magic is unnecessary to explain the facts. Common sense takes us the rest of the way.
Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by Image123(m): 9:38am On Sep 22, 2020
kingxsamz:

What claims does FSM make then?

You can present, it seems to be your favourite god.
Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by Openbusiness: 12:12pm On Sep 22, 2020
FunFact:

You just wrote a long paragraph that didn’t debunk anything I said at all.
First; If you read properly you would see where I said the Israelites stole the story.

Second; Your bible implied all of life forms and Noah's settlement took place in the middle East. Don’t even try to justify with Science, as science notes it all began in Africa. There are no evidence of an old man carrying animals to the middle East from Australia, the Amazon and countless Polynesian Islands then brought them back again. How would that even be possible? use your common sense here. How did he preserve and replant all the freshwater plants that flooding by seawater would have killed (or the sea life that freshwater would have killed…can’t have it both ways.
Also,there are evidences that the Egyptian empire had continued to flourish during the time the Noah's flood is said to had happened. The Middle East and Isreal share the Mediterranean with Egypt, so if the flood did happen I believe Egypt would have been affected.

Third; The “Ark Encounter” in Kentucky is pretty good evidence against it, at least, the boat part, as it had to be built with heavy equipment by hundreds of people, is only standing because of a steel and concrete foundation, and needs major air conditioning just to keep its visitors from overheating/sufficating, something ten million+ animals would need even more…and none of which was available thousands of years ago.

Fourth; On the other hand, geologists overwhelmingly insist there was never a great worldwide flood at any time in human history. They point out that there is not enough water to create a worldwide flood like that portrayed in the Bible or in the earlier Epic of Gilgamesh. Historians point out that civilisations such as in Egypt and China continued to prosper right through the time attributed to the biblical flood, entirely unaware that they were supposed to be drowning. Anthropologists point out that Australian aborigines have lived on their continent for around 60,000 years, cut off from the rest of the world, yet they survived. There is ample evidence that Noah’s flood never occurred.

Fifth; You’re only proving my point. With the amount of water contained on earth, no global flooding could possibly to rise 1000ft above sea level. There are plenty of hills that are 1000ft above sea levels and people at that time would easily migrate to these hills making them 100 times safer than some one on a wooden boat.

Sixth; Partly true, at the height of the last ice age, there was so much glacier ice stranded on top of continents that sea level was 120 meters lower than today worldwide. When those glaciers melted at the end of the last ice age, between 12,000 and 8,000 years ago, sea level rose and flooded seacoast villages around the world. In a few places, there is a shallow shelf separating a basin from the world ocean. The Bosporus in Turkey is one such place. When sea level was low, the Black Sea was cut off from the world ocean and evaporation dropped sea level far below the lip of the ledge. When the world ocean rose to overtop that lip, the Black Sea basin would have flooded almost instantly…a legendary story that would be passed down for millenia. There may even have been a wise man who watched the Mediterranean Sea encroach upon the spillpoint and realized what was about to happen. I know I would have put it together and seen it coming. Then formed a story about it claiming it was magical. Sure.

I could go on and on. For every “supporting fact” for the Great Flood there is a far superior everyday physically plausible explanation.
In summary, science does not disprove magical stories. Science needs only prove that magic is unnecessary to explain the facts. Common sense takes us the rest of the way.
I debunked ALL your claims. You claimed the Israelites stole a Mesopotamian fable. Ok, in the ancient Ambrahamic world, which civilization existed first between Canaan and Mesopotamia? The very garden of Eden where Adam and Eve lived was in Canaan. And since Adam and Eve are the first of our kind of mankind, then Canaan is the oldest civilization known to man. Yet you think and claim the ancient Israelites stole a story of Noah's flood from the Mesopotamians Lol grin The Sumerian civilization is part of the bronze age civilization. Human migration began from Eden and spred everywhere. But by geographic positioning, it is obvious the ancient Egyptian civilization began much earlier than Mesopotamia because people will have spread to Egypt quicker before ever crossing into Mesopotamia. So for me, by deductive reasoning, it is very clear Human civilization in the ancient world progressed like this:
Canaanite civilization --> Egyptian Civilization -> Mesopotamian civilization
Now, where did Abraham, the patriarch of Israel come from? He was from Ur, of the Chaldees (or Chaldeans). Gen 15:7 He also said to him, "I am the LORD, who brought you out of Ur of the Chaldeans to give you this land to take possession of it." So therefore, Abraham was a Babylonian originally from the region of Mesopotamia. Then he migrated to Canaan. The Chaldeans are considered among the last set of people to migrate to Mesopotamia. The Assyrians got there first. The Chaldeans (aka Babylonians) came after. Abraham was a Chaldean. The Bible talks about the ancient Egyptians, Chaldeans, Assyrians. Mesopotamia = North Mesopotamia (Assyrians) + South Mesopotamia (Babylonians or Chaldeans..) Per Mesopotamia, the Chaldeans and Assyrians are accounted for in the Bible, but no where were the Sumerians mentioned. Why? It is either because the Sumerian civilization DID NOT EXIST at this period OR (the very interesting part grin) Sumerians are Chaldeans... grin! And this second part is actually true. The Sumerians are Chaldeans or from Chaldees or Babylonians. Now the Israelites came from Abraham who was a Chaldean and then you say they copied the story from them, lol, there was no copying. It was an undeniable event that was common knowledge because only Noah's family survived to.pass the story down to the world.

2)As per garden of Eden,

Genesis 2:10 A river flowed out of Eden to water the garden, and there it divided and became four rivers. 11 The name of the first is the Pishon. It is the one that flowed around the whole land of Havilah (son of Cush), where there is gold. 12 And the gold of that land is good; bdellium and onyx stone are there. 13 The name of the second river is the Gihon. It is the one that flowed around the whole land of Cush. 14 And the name of the third river is the Tigris, which flows east of Assyria. And the fourth river is the Euphrates.

As you can see, the Bible provides very specific info and clues to Eden's location and from those clues it is clear that Eden is located somewhere around today's Middle-East, and it is also VERY CLEAR that Mankind began from Africa because today's Middle East is actually or was actually formerly North-East Africa (or a part of North or North-East Africa) before the Continental Drifts occured in the world. It was the Continental Drifts that separated the Middle-East from North Africa and put it together with South Asia today. So the Bible is 100% accurate about where humanity began from. The land of Cush is ETHIOPIA. Tigris and Euphrates flow through modern day Iraq and Syria. The whole land or region was the land of ancient Canaan, so Eden was a part of Canaan, and Canaan was originally a part of North-East Africa.

3) the idea behind the massive destruction per human casualties is not by the idea that there were hills or mountains they could have climbed to survive. The idea of the catastrophic fatality is that the event caught man kind unawares. And that's why we have all sorts of technology deployed across the world today to monitor the earth for signs of impending disaster like earthquakes, hurricanes, Tsunamis, volcanic eruptions, mud slides etc, so that those events don't catch people unawares to be able to mitigate the fatalities that result from such disasters. Noah's flood.caught people unawares, by the time they realized what was going on, it was too late, the constant rain had already triggered a huge flood. Noah warned them but they didn't believe. Then Noah's ark landed on mount Ararat, which is in Turkey. I'm wondering where you got your Australia from, lmao grin. Genesis 8: 4 "And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat The flooding was specific to the world of humanity as per extent of migration #1, and then extent of human genetic corruption #2, but I don't have time to go into all the details. Egypt was affected by the Flood. Australia didn't have any aborigines at this time. Don't be fooled. Everybody migrated from Africa, even the Australians of today, their original ancestors came from the Canaanite civilization. Then of course Egypt was affected. It was Noah's son that re-settled and rebuilt Egypt after the flood. Ham rebuilt Egypt after the flood. Psalm 78:51 He struck all the firstborn of Egypt, the virility in the tents of Ham.. Psalm 105:23-27 Then Israel entered Egypt; Jacob resided as a foreigner in the land of Ham. Notice here that Egypt is specifically called the land of Ham. And it was the Ham that was the son of Noah. Psalms 106:21 They forgot the God who saved them, who had done great things in Egypt, 22 miracles in the land of Ham and awesome deeds by the Red Sea. Notice here also, Egypt is called the land of Ham, and then you have the Red sea that further reinforces it as the same Egypt we know as Egypt. The Red Sea is synonymous to Egypt. So as you can see, it was Ham, the Son of Noah (Genesis 9), that rebuilt Egypt and it was called the Land of Ham. That was the initial slogan for Egypt in the ancient world. So nothing like other civilizations in China, lmao, China didn't exist yet. The Australian aborigines came from Asia, and all the Asians came from Africa, so how can you say they were not affected, when the flood centered around North Africa and the Middle-East zone. And nobody was living in Australia at that time. Human migration hadn't progressed that far yet. Ham became the new father of the Canaanites, because Adam was the first. Abraham came from Shem's lineage. Another son of Noah. So the Mesopotamians came from this angle. So it was through Noah that the world was repopulated again. The old population was wiped out in the flood. This is the reality. Everyone alive today came from Noah. Noah is everybody's "ancestral grandaddy" grin

Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by TruthinAction: 1:39pm On Sep 22, 2020
WinLABSstores:

Is it not better to just shut up?

Why should I? Besides, it is not my opinion.

Genesis 1:1 talks about the beginning of creation.
Genesis 1:2 talks about an empty and dark earth. Did God create an empty earth? Did he make it dark? The answer is definitely no. Then if he didn't, something must have happened to the original earth. This must be the occasion when Satan was thrown down to earth from heaven.

Satan didn't rebel against God after Adam was created but before Adam was created.

Genesis 1:3 is the beginning of re creation.

If the empty and dark earth existed before creation started, who created the empty and dark earth?

We are taught that God created the universe from things that didn't exist. It was with the power of his word. So the void earth was a result of devastation the original earth suffered.

Man however was the first being created after the image of God. Maybe there were men in the original earth but not created after the image of God. This is just my personal opinion.

I believe the Petroleum products we are using today are the decomposition of the bodies of the first creatures buried million of years ago as analyzed by science.

So, science is in harmony with scriptures.
Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 22, 2020
ggirl4real:

Na Naija Christians I dey talk about o
naija christians and pastors that always misquote bible here and dere cheesy.even if u check bible many of what these scientist say is always on point.The bible always say in the begining before humans and livings the earth was null and void and there was water everywhere..scientists too agree with this so i dont see the arguement here.If bible no make mention of dinoseaurs shouldnt be a reason to get any christian agitated.There were animals then during biblical times and even during the turn of the 20th century that are no longer around.This is why we heaR of what they call extinction.Biko some of us should reason.I remember i made a comment one time that life started in africa and someone was attacking me and saying life started in Isreal grin grin grin grin.Did the bible ever made mention that life started in isreal grin grin grin grin?
so u can see that a number of us nigerians who claim to be christians always misquote the bible cheesy.
Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by CavemanDefuturo: 5:35pm On Sep 22, 2020
Nawaoo, 125 Millions years? shocked .. Who invented this carbon dating machine that scans through eternity and how did they confirm that these ambiguous figures are accurate and reliable.

https://www.nairaland.com/6134400/business-idea-financial-investment-what
Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by Zontrident: 6:20pm On Sep 22, 2020
ggirl4real:

I don't believe that charm works until I see it work

I can't believe in Kathyrn Kulman's healings because I was not there to verify

Every other thing you wrote is just your BELIEF based on the Bible. Everyone cannot believe in the Bible because it's just a book we inherited without knowing if the events happened or not.

Atheists believe that God does not exist while Christians believe that God exists. NONE OF THEM have proves, they are just believing.

I only have a problem when Christians or Muslims present their religious books as generally accepted truths. We are just believing what we are indoctrinated or choose to believe.
Sister you must have been hurt real bad
If I may ask are you a nigerian
There are higher powers controlling the world as we speak
During our traditional celebrations the chief priest usually summons spirits to come and dance in the form of masquerades
I seen some northern boys immune to metallic objects
In some igbo cultural festivals a man that was displaying his charms got hit on his bald head multiple times with a scratch only sparks flew out
And a host of others
Believing in a creator doesn't put me at a disadvantage anyhow most of the practices frowned at in the bible are mostly unhealthy lifestyles so there is no harm in believing in a creator
A man realizing that there is a greater purpose on earth is the day he lives his life to the fullest
Most atheists like you look at us believers like we are retarded but you don't fully understand what it is like to be blessed by the holy spirit
Don't be mistaken I'm a nerdy person I love science but looking at the things around me I am convinced in the existence of a higher power
I may not be the most religious person but I'll be you there is a God out there and a host of other gods
Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by ggirl4real: 6:33pm On Sep 22, 2020
Zontrident:

Sister you must have been hurt real bad
If I may ask are you a nigerian
There are higher powers controlling the world as we speak
During our traditional celebrations the chief priest usually summons spirits to come and dance in the form of masquerades
I seen some northern boys immune to metallic objects
In some igbo cultural festivals a man that was displaying his charms got hit on his bald head multiple times with a scratch only sparks flew out
And a host of others
Believing in a creator doesn't put me at a disadvantage anyhow most of the practices frowned at in the bible are mostly unhealthy lifestyles so there is no harm in believing in a creator
A man realizing that there is a greater purpose on earth is the day he lives his life to the fullest
Most atheists like you look at us believers like we are retarded but you don't fully understand what it is like to be blessed by the holy spirit
Don't be mistaken I'm a nerdy person I love science but looking at the things around me I am convinced in the existence of a higher power
I may not be the most religious person but I'll be you there is a God out there and a host of other gods

First of all, I'm not an Atheist

Secondly, I have choosen abide by the moral principles from the Bible because it has helped to be careful with my life overtime but that does not mean I have accepted God or Jesus (I have accepted them before by faith but that faith is dead now, so I'm not accepting again)

Thirdly, I'm not disputing that there are spirits. I'm only saying I've not experienced or seen any, so I choose not to believe. By the way, if the traditional spirits in Nigeria are working and they are seeking after the good of all, I would even prefer it to the Bible since that one originates from us.

Fourthly, you are right. I've been hurt badly that an "All-Powerful and Perfect" God created a perfect world and imperfect humans but expect the imperfect humans to make the keep the world world when He could have just created the humans perfect.
Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by WinLABSstores: 9:37pm On Sep 22, 2020
TruthinAction:

Why should I? Besides, it is not my opinion.

Genesis 1:1 talks about the beginning of creation.
Genesis 1:2 talks about an empty and dark earth. Did God create an empty earth? Did he make it dark? [s]The answer is definitely no. Then if he didn't, something must have happened to the original earth[/s]. This must be the occasion when Satan was thrown down to earth from heaven.

Satan didn't rebel against God after Adam was created but before Adam was created.

Genesis 1:3 is the beginning of re creation.

If the empty and dark earth existed before creation started, who created the empty and dark earth?

We are taught that God created the universe from things that didn't exist. It was with the power of his word. So the void earth was a result of devastation the original earth suffered.

Man however was the first being created after the image of God. Maybe there were men in the original earth but not created after the image of God. This is just my personal opinion.

I believe the Petroleum products we are using today are the decomposition of the bodies of the first creatures buried million of years ago as analyzed by science.

So, science is in harmony with scriptures.

You're just making stupîd and unintelligent assumptions.
Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by TruthinAction: 9:47pm On Sep 22, 2020
WinLABSstores:

You're just making stupîd and unintelligent assumptions.

OK, you that know, tell me when the angels were created. Tell me when Lucifer became Satan. Tell me when he was cast down from heaven. If you can't, then remain silent forever on this subject and learn.
Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by WinLABSstores: 10:03pm On Sep 22, 2020
TruthinAction:

OK, you that know, tell me when the angels were created. Tell me when Lucifer became Satan. Tell me when he was cast down from heaven. If you can't, then remain silent forever on this subject and learn.
Stop making stupîd assumptions on some stupîd fairy tale and stories you know nothing about.
The only thing you have to say is "the Bible says", which is stupîd and illogical.
The Bible is just a book and it's not everyone that believes in the stories written therein.
Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by TruthinAction: 8:02am On Sep 23, 2020
WinLABSstores:

Stop making stupîd assumptions on some stupîd fairy tale and stories you know nothing about.
The only thing you have to say is "the Bible says", which is stupîd and illogical.
The Bible is just a book and it's not everyone that believes in the stories written therein.

They are fairly stories but you don't know when you were born without making reference to Jesus who is the center of history. Every history revolves around Jesus. It's either BC or AD. You can't do without Jesus. So humble yourself and learn.

In any case, you can't escape Jesus. You either accept him as your Lord and personal Saviour or meet him as your judge. How will you feel the day you stand before the very Jesus you deny? And you will be thrown into the Lake of fire like a trash can. Bros, it's real. Don't ignore this warning.

For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand? - Revelation 6:17
Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by codenameSTYNO(m): 9:03am On Sep 23, 2020
FunFact:

Here are some of the things stated in the bible signifying a flat earth:

“Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. - Matthew 5:8
Seeing all the kingdoms from a high mountain top is not possible on a spherical Earth.
And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. - Genesis 1:6
Hast thou with him spread out the sky, which is strong, and as a molten looking glass? - Job 37:18
Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain. - Psalms 104:2
Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens. - Psalms 148:4
For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water. - 2 Peter 3:5
Say among the heathen that the LORD reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously. - Psalms 96:10
Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever. - Psalms 104:5
Also, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD unto the land of Israel; An end, the end is come upon the four corners of the land. - Ezekiel 7:2
The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the end of all the earth. - Daniel 4:11
And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. - Revelation 7:1
And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. - Revelation 20:8”

Here are verses from the bible signifying the sun revolves around the earth:

“[Joshua 10:13] And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.
In 2 Kings 20:8–11 king Hezekiah asked for a sign from the Prophet Isaiah that he would be healed. The sign was that the sun’s shadow would retreat 10 steps/intervals from where it had been previously. The same sign is repeated in Isaiah 38:7–8.
Isaiah 38:8 Behold, I will bring again the shadow of the degrees, which is gone down in the sun dial of Ahaz, ten degrees backward. So the sun returned ten degrees, by which degrees it was gone down.
Malachi 4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

This has been debated for years, if I read the bible as it stands it says the sun is in motion not the earth:
Job 26:7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.”

Here are verses of the bible signifying the moon produces it’s light:

“Genesis 1:16: "And God made the two great lights—the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night—and the stars.

Isaiah 30:26, NIV: "The moon will shine like the sun, and the sunlight will be seven times brighter, like the light of seven full days, when the LORD binds up the bruises of his people and heals the wounds he inflicted."

Ezekiel 32:7; And when I shall put thee out, I will cover the heaven, and make the stars thereof dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light.

Mark 13:24, NIV: "But in those days, following that distress, ''the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light;"

None of these verses are saying what you are implying that they are saying
KJV Matthew 4:8
Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

This is clearly figurative because even if the Earth were flat there is no peak that can show you all the Earth

Genesis 1:6
There's nothing that implies Flat there

Job 38:17
When you say spread, spread means distributing or extending over a wide expanse of space doesn't say flat at all!

KJV Psalms 104:2
Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:

The word there is like a curtain not as a curtain, English says it's a similarity not exactly the same, it's a figurative description

KJV Psalms 148:4
Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens.

How does saying something is above imply that you are talking about a subject that is Flat?
When you look at the sun from your position do you look below?

KJV 2 Peter 3:5
For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

The scripture above doesn't even follow with your presumption, rather it talks about the destruction of the pre Adamite world

KJV Psalms 104:5
Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.

We often say it is good to lay a good foundation for our Children, do we mean their lives are flat? We are saying something symbolic

KJV Ezekiel 7:2
Also, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD unto the land of Israel; An end, the end is come upon the four corners of the land.

Four corners of the Land: North, South, East and West. Doesn't say anything about flat

KJV Daniel 4:11
The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the end of all the earth:

Here Nebuchadnezzar was describing his dream to Daniel, all symbolic, doesn't say flat Earth

KJV Revelation 7:1
And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

Again North, South, East and West doesn't say anything about Flat Earth, same thing with Revelations 20:8

Joshua 10:13
2 Kings 20:8-11
Isaiah 38:8
Malachi 4:2

All this doesn't suggest the Sun rotates around the Earth.
Now we know the Earth rotates around the Sun, right?
If you woke up and just decided to sit and look up at the sky all day, what will you see? You will see the sun rising from the east, moving and finally sets in the west, the Bible did not say the sun rotates around the Earth, it just uses something we can relate with to drive a point or explain a subject

KJV Job 26:7
He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

This doesn't suggest at all that the Sun rotates around the Earth
If you go up to space and look at the Earth, do you see it hanging on anything?

KJV Genesis 1:16
And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

I had talked about this earlier.
Did the scripture say the moon produces its light? No
If you look at the sky in the night do you not see a light? Yes

KJV Isaiah 30:26
Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.

The moon reflects the light from the sun, if the sun was to shine sevenfold it normal, how bright do you think the moon will be?

KJV Ezekiel 32:7
And when I shall put thee out, I will cover the heaven, and make the stars thereof dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light.

If the moon reflects the light from the sun and then the sun doesn't shine, the moon will do likewise same thing with Mark 13:24

The Bible does not discourage 'Good Science', infact it encourages it, take a look at the State of Isreal today, they are world leaders in the science field, thier tech is amazing yet thier beliefs are rooted and grounded in the truth that there is only one God who made the Heavens and the Earth

Like it or not there is more to the world than what the optical eyes see.

The Covid19 has proved and exposed that they are 'bad gangs' who are trying to modify the world into their corrupt and evil version of it

The internet is no longer even a credible place to do a research because so many of todays major players on the web are part of this 'bad gang'

Why would Google take down sites with credible information about the pandemic from the search engines

Why would Facebook take down posts revealing truths with proof from thier platform

Why would youtube take down videos exposing the fraud and corruption about the Covid19
Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 23, 2020
Openbusiness:
Noah's Flood is a Myth as how Then you say the story waa stolen and it predates Christianity, lol grin, was Noah a Christian or a Judaismic Jew, was there anything like Christianity in the world then..... smiley? I can already pick many holes in your theory. Try to research more but with an open mind, not a mind that already has some preset prejudices or bias. But for a start, marine archeologists have already discovered evidence that supports the occurrence of a great flood that happened in the world. But due to the nature of science, they just don't or can't specifically say it was Noah's flood. But the timing matches Noah's era, so whether or not they fully acknowledge it as Noah's flood doesn't matter, the flood happened.
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2000/sep/14/internationalnews.archaeology
Then as for your theory of global flooding, your idea is fundamentally flawed and that is why you missed it and mixed things up. Let me explain to you. Human beings did not originally appear in all the different zones or continents in this world from the beginning of our existence. Even science knows this. Human beings originated from a fixed position or point on Earth, then we migrated to other parts of the world gradually as our population began to expand. At a point in our existence, we had not populated all the regions in this world. And such was the situation in the time of Noah. At this period, humans were not "global" yet. We were yet to span the entire Earth. So when the Bible talks about the world being flooded, it was not the entire geographical world in actual sense. It was the world of humanity. The flood covered the geographical location that the human population had expanded to, and so it was actually some part of the world that experienced the flooding, not the entire world. Then your idea about the rain measurements for rising water levels is also flawed. You see, science tells us that about 2/3 of the planet is made of water. So basically, you don't really need an ocean of rain to cause a catastrophic flood. You just need some steady and consistent heavy rainfall and it will trigger the flooding. Because the flooding isn't going to come from the rain water. NO! The flooding will come from the rising ocean/ sea water levels. The ocean / sea water levels in this planet has a tipping point where if reached, then the world is in serious trouble and capable to be sank underneath. Science tells us this and that's one of the major reasons they keep shouting and raising alarm about global warming. Because the hotter the planet gets, the more the polar ice caps of the world melts and the more they melt, the more the ocean / sea water level rises that if left unchecked can cause a catastrophic global flooding that can destroy the world. Hence, science is pushing us towards green energy to reduce the ozone depletion and other man-made pollution that increases global warming. And speaking of polar ice caps, the planet has a huge concentration of ice at the poles, hence called caps, these ice caps are directly connected to the ocean / sea water levels. If they melt indiscriminately, they can cause rising water levels that can cause catastrophic flooding. And this was what happened in Noah's world, or the world of man during Noah era, or the part of the world that humans had migrated to and had covered. The constant rain wasn't the source of the flooding, the constant rain TRIGGERED the flooding. Do you know that there's a part of the ice glaciers in the world called DOOMSDAY Glaciers? Because if it melts, then you can expect that there's going to be a catastrophic global flooding that will sink many places under the ocean, places like Lagos will be buried under the ocean forever, islands like Indonesia, and many other countries will be gone forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF1edSg5VP4
Noah's story was stolen from the epic of Gilgamesh read up about it my friend.
Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 23, 2020
TruthinAction:

They are fairly stories but you don't know when you were born without making reference to Jesus who is the center of history. Every history revolves around Jesus. It's either BC or AD. You can't do without Jesus. So humble yourself and learn.

In any case, you can't escape Jesus. You either accept him as your Lord and personal Saviour or meet him as your judge. How will you feel the day you stand before the very Jesus you deny? And you will be thrown into the Lake of fire like a trash can. Bros, it's real. Don't ignore this warning.

For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand? - Revelation 6:17
Simple research would have cured such rubbish. Pope Gregory was the man who made the modern dating system because the Julian calendar was inconsistent, make una dey try read to prevent disgracing yourself. Haba.
Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by TruthinAction: 12:55pm On Sep 23, 2020
SegFault:

Simple research would have cured such rubbish. Pope Gregory was the man who made the modern dating system because the Julian calendar was inconsistent, make una dey try read to prevent disgracing yourself. Haba.

The date is still with reference to Jesus. Jesus didn't write any book but he is the center of history.

The terms anno Domini (AD) and before Christ (BC) are used to label or number years in the Julian and Gregorian calendars. The term anno Domini is Medieval Latin and means "in the year of the Lord", but is often presented using "our Lord" instead of "the Lord", taken from the full original phrase "anno Domini nostri Jesu Christi", which translates to "in the year of our Lord Jesus Christ".
Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 23, 2020
TruthinAction:

The date is still with reference to Jesus. Jesus didn't write any book but he is the center of history.
The date references Jesus because a damned Pope made the system, besides it is impossible to pin the date of Jesus birth.
Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 23, 2020
CavemanDefuturo:
Nawaoo, 125 Millions years? shocked .. Who invented this carbon dating machine that scans through eternity and how did they confirm that these ambiguous figures are accurate and reliable.

https://www.nairaland.com/6134400/business-idea-financial-investment-what
Only a fool would believe that they are accurate, take it as an estimation simply. But even if you believe it or not no one will ever know the truth.

1 Like

Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by TruthinAction: 1:03pm On Sep 23, 2020
SegFault:

The date references Jesus because a damned Pope made the system, besides it is impossible to pin the date of Jesus birth.

The terms anno Domini (AD) and before Christ (BC) are used to label or number years in the Julian and Gregorian calendars. The term anno Domini is Medieval Latin and means "in the year of the Lord", but is often presented using "our Lord" instead of "the Lord", taken from the full original phrase "anno Domini nostri Jesu Christi", which translates to "in the year of our Lord Jesus Christ".

So, your birthday is lost without Christ. He is the Lord of the Universe.
Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 23, 2020
TruthinAction:

So, your birthday is lost without Christ. He is the Lord of the Universe.
It's obvious that you can't comprehend English. I said BC and AD where used because it was a Pope that reformed the Julian calendar, BC and AD where never used in the Julian calendar stop talking nonsense, wetin concern Julian and Jesus.
Re: 125-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Found Buried By A Volcanic Eruption In China by TruthinAction: 4:15pm On Sep 23, 2020
SegFault:

It's obvious that you can't comprehend English. I said BC and AD where used because it was a Pope that reformed the Julian calendar, BC and AD where never used in the Julian calendar stop talking nonsense, wetin concern Julian and Jesus.

Because Jesus is Lord. The Julian calendar has to give way to the Gregorian calendar because Jesus is Lord and our maker. At the mention of his name, every knee must bow, even you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

South Korea: Robot Kills Factory Worker After Mistaking Him For Box Of Vegetable / Earthquake Hits Sambang Dagi, Kaduna State / Mutant Calf With 'Human Head' Born Sparking Bestiality Fears In Thailand Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.