Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

What Apostle Joshua Selman About Women Wearing Trouser - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Apostle Joshua Selman About Women Wearing Trouser (2992 Views)

Normal To See Women Wearing Mini Skirts In Brazil(photos, Video) / Marry Your Mate By Apostle Joshua Selman (6 Mates You Should Marry) / See How Crowd Disgraced A Lady Who Stepped Out Wearing Trouser Showing Her P@nt( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Apostle Joshua Selman About Women Wearing Trouser by Sammy774(m): 8:03am On Sep 22, 2020
This is one of the most contentious topics today in the circles of Pentecost. Some assumed those wearing pants went straight to the furrow. Others say it wasn't that way. This argument affected many of them, including me, one way or the other. This was always the story until I heard the message of Apostle Joshua Selman on this subject. This sermon provides a great deal of insight into and a solution to this long-standing controversy. The substance of this article constitutes the highlight of the message. Join me and let's just plunge in.

In the Book of Deuteronomy, chapter 22, verse 5 is the common verse of the scriptures many used to support this claim.

Deuteronomy 22:5 The woman will not wear the garments of a man, nor will a man put on the garments of a woman. They are all abominable to Jehovah your God.

It is necessary to understand what it actually means in order to avoid reading it out of context until any claim can be taken from this verse. And that is why a good biblical concordance is necessary for every Christian.

We may discuss certain words in the verse in order to understand correctly what the verse actually means.

The Hebrew word "containeth" is "Keliy," meaning an item, vessel, tool, or utensil.

In this verse the word "man" isn't Adam. I hope you know that Adam means "Adam."

If this verse was to be correctly organized, it means:

The woman shall not put on arms or the armour of a warrior, nor shall the warrior put on a woman's robe, for it is an abomination to the Lord to all that is done.

It was an abomination for women to wage war in the Jewish tradition. According to the Jewish priesthood, they were not permitted. So Moses was warning them in the above verse. If you need scriptural confirmation that women in the Old Testament do not go for war, that's it.

This verse describes why Beersheba, Uriah 's wife, was back home while her husband was fighting. David abused the theory because Kings were watching the people go for war but he was not walking. When you kill men , women and children the worst form of warfare. Whenever the town men are captured, the entire town is taken. It is believed. That was why Gideon had to go back because he was going to battle with the Midianites.

The verse said that when the men were so reckless that women had to wear the war dress it was indeed an abomination to Heaven. It never means women do not wear pants in any way.

Galatians 5:22 But compassion, joy, goodwill, endurance, gentleness, lovingkindness, faith is fruit of the Holy Spirit, galatians 5:23 Meekness, humility: no rule is against such.

For God, whether you wear pants or not is not an issue. Modesty and decency is at stake. The official Jewish men's dressing were also skirts to tell you the truth. Many parts of the planet have been women wearing skirts. Only think about Jesus' films like "Christ's Passion," you'll see that Jesus wore dresses.

There's no issue of prohibiting people from wearing pants. If the promiscuous ones stop them wearing jeans, they are searching for a new way to expose their bodies. In the days of Jesus,

The fruit of the spirit is called by the bible as temperance or humility. That's what God wants us to do. Not just in dressing, but in all, he needs us to be mild. That's the truth of the subject.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Apostle Joshua Selman About Women Wearing Trouser by Sammy774(m): 8:04am On Sep 22, 2020
do u really agree with him
Re: What Apostle Joshua Selman About Women Wearing Trouser by fati2001(m): 8:04am On Sep 22, 2020
yes 100 %
correct!
Re: What Apostle Joshua Selman About Women Wearing Trouser by bukatyne(f): 8:06am On Sep 22, 2020
Interesting perspective on the subject matter.
Re: What Apostle Joshua Selman About Women Wearing Trouser by fati2001(m): 8:07am On Sep 22, 2020
Sammy774:
do u really agree with him
Nahwa oh for you... only op still ftc.
Re: What Apostle Joshua Selman About Women Wearing Trouser by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 22, 2020
If a man can wear skirt or gown then a woman can wear trouser.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Apostle Joshua Selman About Women Wearing Trouser by SIRRITE: 8:34am On Sep 22, 2020
I do ask what was jesus and the disciples wearing? What was moses that gave the law waering? They all waering garments. So that only will tell u is not just about clothing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Apostle Joshua Selman About Women Wearing Trouser by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 22, 2020
Yeah.. It's the intention behind wearing the trouser that matters... Some women wear pants because it's comfortable..
Anything can be abused... You can buy a knife to slice your yam OR to slice another man's throat..
The difference btw this two scenerio is the intention behind owning the knife and NOT owning the knife.
...And God didn't assign Pants to Man, the fashion Designer did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Apostle Joshua Selman About Women Wearing Trouser by stevblessed: 10:41am On Sep 22, 2020
We should not add or subtract from the word of God. The Word of God is not for private interpretation. The verse is very clear to everyone. Revelation 3:6 He that hath an ear, let him hear.
You will be judge in the last day for disobedience.
Re: What Apostle Joshua Selman About Women Wearing Trouser by proclinician: 10:46am On Sep 22, 2020
This shouldn't be an issue really. When you die and get to heaven then the people that run the show their tell you because you wore trouser as a woman, whether Gucci or Versace or Mark and Spencer, you should go to hell where u belong, you jejely go there and relax. Instead of arguing here, wait till that time
Re: What Apostle Joshua Selman About Women Wearing Trouser by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 22, 2020
Trousers are safer for the women than skirts these days.

Skirts are easier to pull, compared to trousers and women can look naughtier in some skirts than all trousers.

I think God thinks the same way too..

Anyway, this is just my opinion. I have no Silver or Gold.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Apostle Joshua Selman About Women Wearing Trouser by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 22, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

Actually I see no sin wearing trouser. The only one I see as sin is when a girl wear the trouser to seduce men, show her behind, or for nudity sake ehen, that's when I see it as a sin. Cause you ain't sinning alone but making other men sin by lusting after you. Which ISA very bad one.

1 Like

Re: What Apostle Joshua Selman About Women Wearing Trouser by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 22, 2020
TheRealProphet:
If a man can wear skirt or gown then a woman can wear trouser.

The old Jewish men dressing wasn't skirt but a type of kaptan, like a wrapper.

Jewish men never wore skirt.
Re: What Apostle Joshua Selman About Women Wearing Trouser by punisha: 3:43pm On Sep 22, 2020
I can authoritatively and unequivocally without doubt and factually state that I have nothing to contribute to this topic.
The only person I have issues with is bobrisky. My path n his will cross someday and d news will make it to fp.

(1) (Reply)

Eye Test: Can You Tell What Exactly Is Happening In This PHOTO? / Does Wanting A Rich Man Makes A Woman Bad? / What Is He Really Doing In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.