Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,790 members, 7,827,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? (38525 Views)

RE- DM For Price: The Reason Why Many Online Vendors Do It / Can You Tell Your Friend What You Do Online That Gives You Money / What Can I Do Online That Will Guarantee Atleast $4 Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by shugasofttouch: 5:27pm On Sep 26, 2020
pocohantas:

Why do they do this? What are they hiding? It is annoying, stressful and scares clients away. Maybe I am wrong and it actually works for them. Any of them here should please explain to me the idea behind this. angry angry angry
Whenever an online seller says he/she has DM you on the price of any item you ask of just know they ain't to be patronized one bit and if you insist on patronizing them, you might end up regretting it.

1 Like

Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by Jung(m): 6:39pm On Sep 26, 2020
Rodwave:

Who cares about vocal minority? What makes you think that people like you are in majority? You are just a vocal minority. People are buying from me so I'm not complaining. My business is both online and offline. So I don't give a Bleep about what lazy online trolls think about. I meet new customers everyday online so my strategy is working. A doctor can't teach me how to build a house. I'm in the field so I will always follow the trend.

Link to your online business please. I might be interested. Don't worry, I'll DM for price.
Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by Rodwave: 6:40pm On Sep 26, 2020
Jung:

Link to your online business please. I might be interested. Don't worry, I'll DM for price.

Stale
Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by Jung(m): 6:43pm On Sep 26, 2020
Rodwave:

Stale

Ahan wow. I really was interested in what you had to sell.

I guess it was all breeze without substance.

Mumu grin grin

1 Like

Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by aAK1(m): 7:18pm On Sep 26, 2020
fowlyansh181:
the real question is 100k for 2 chicken a good price or are you the seller trying to repackage and sell off something normal as an exotic product? If you are sure of your business put price ..
I smell ignorance
Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by KrazyDave16(m): 7:35pm On Sep 26, 2020
kingxsamz:
But wait o, if you're not interested in buying, why not waka pass? If the seller places a fixed price which everyone could see, is it not in the same seller's dm you'll still conclude everything?
It's not the same thing.

If you fix your price for all to see, I'll dm you to tell you the amount I need, where I'll be paying into (if PoD isn't possible) and the dispatch information where necessary.

DM for price involves me asking you the price. You quote above my budget and I negotiate, you say no, I move on or if I know what it should cost I'll waste my time haggling with you. If you say no you wasted my time, if you say yes then what I wrote above comes in but you still wasted my time forcing me to negotiate prices with you.
Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 26, 2020
m140:

Wetin you dey talk, so you dont window shop?
Wats difficult in making a dm for something you want to buy , abi you no ready buy
When you go out window shopping you might be called by a serious seller to come take a proper look while working you through the price. What ever makes you hide your price means you have something to hide. Trust issues.
Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by Sike(m): 8:20pm On Sep 26, 2020
Thief traits
Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by m140(m): 8:29pm On Sep 26, 2020
excellence44:

When you go out window shopping you might be called by a serious seller to come take a proper look while working you through the price. What ever makes you hide your price means you have something to hide. Trust issues.
I dont see anything wrong in going to dm to discuss price, if you really want to buy. You can't sell to everyone one the same price sometimes.
Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 26, 2020
m140:

I dont see anything wrong in going to dm to discuss price, if you really want to buy. You can't sell to everyone one the same price sometimes.
That is price discrimination. It is not a fair marketing practice.
Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by m140(m): 8:33pm On Sep 26, 2020
excellence44:

We also sell different ways especially if it's not an online store, may just an ordinary ad to sell , you follow their terms n if you cant you go, that's how some made millions
Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by Jung(m): 8:54pm On Sep 26, 2020
m140:

This is daylight robbery sha. So ashamed person for dey talk like this.

If dem give you chance you'll rob people blind in the name of doing business.
Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by m140(m): 9:02pm On Sep 26, 2020
Jung:

Na by force to dm, if you no dm ,people that will patronize them will, so ...
That's how some people do their business, if it's growing that way which one be your own.

1 Like

Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by m140(m): 9:03pm On Sep 26, 2020
excellence44:

Go arrest them then.

1 Like

Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by m140(m): 9:06pm On Sep 26, 2020
excellence44:

Go arrest them then. Do you do pricing?
If you do , then what's price discrimination there
Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by m140(m): 9:07pm On Sep 26, 2020
Jung:

Do you do pricing, if you do then you an hypocrite

1 Like

Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by Jung(m): 9:56pm On Sep 26, 2020
m140:

Do you do pricing, if you do then you an hypocrite

When I want to buy, I exchange prices with the seller. Price given or not. It's how things are done.

Argue with your head, not your ass, my guy.

Even established shops can reduce prices of things, if you make the right enquiries.

And yeah, its "A hypocrite" you hear?

Pretty sure dem write WAEC for you lol.
Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by IamOrei(m): 10:09pm On Sep 26, 2020
There’s nothing wrong in going to wDM for price
Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by m140(m): 10:34pm On Sep 26, 2020
Jung:

When I want to buy, I exchange prices with the seller. Price given or not. It's how things are done.

Argue with your head, not your ass, my guy.

Even established shops can reduce prices of things, if you make the right enquiries.

And yeah, its "A hypocrite" you hear?

Pretty sure dem write WAEC for you lol.
It's not an argument, you can't force one to do his/her business the way you want, if you cant dm , that's your problem, sell yours and put your price. And concerning the waec thing, did you write yours ,yourself?
Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by Ademola121(m): 12:43am On Sep 27, 2020
If as a professional I place a premium of Nx,00 on my product or service and I declare it openly in public, one inferior imitator will copy and reduce the price thereby putting you at risk of buying poor service or less quality product.

But if you DM me, I will know if you are a spy or a true genuine prospect or customer to me

Make una no vex, we are trying to protect you from poor inferior service or products
Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by Ademola121(m): 12:44am On Sep 27, 2020
If as a professional I place a premium of Nx,000 on my product or service and I declare it openly in public, one inferior imitator will copy and reduce the price thereby putting you at risk of buying poor service or less quality product.

But if you DM me, I will know if you are a spy or a true genuine prospect or customer to me

Make una no vex, we are trying to protect you from poor inferior service or products
Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by Ademola121(m): 12:45am On Sep 27, 2020
If as a professional I place a premium of Nx,000 on my product or service and I declare it openly in public, one inferior imitator will copy and reduce the price thereby putting you at risk of buying poor service or less quality product.

But if you DM me, I will know if you are a spy or a true genuine prospect or customer to be

Make una no vex, we are only trying to protect you from poor inferior service or products

1 Like

Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by RuggedSniper: 1:17am On Sep 27, 2020
post=94315737:
More on this DM issue in our second post below.......
And this is the response/reasons they do this from the companies involved.........

These are some reasons they gave for being secretive though,

Interestingly, several business owners boldly defended the practice as either necessary or strategic.
The common reasons put forward were:

It filters prospects from the curious to the serious;

It hides product information from competitors;

It’s a marketing strategy that promotes exclusivity;

It allows for personal engagement with the prospective customer;

It prevents disparaging comments from social media trolls or those who can’t afford it or aren’t their target market; and

Some products, such as cakes and art, are custom-made.

But in all these, The Customers remain the KING!
Aight? sad
It now depends on us if we wanna patronize 'em!

We Rise!

Thank you so much ma.
Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by Ishilove: 1:32am On Sep 27, 2020
SegFault:

They are just bastardy nothing more nothing less.
Hehe. I have learned a new word today cheesy

1 Like

Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by SavageResponse(m): 2:59am On Sep 27, 2020
Tayeni:
I think it's because of indecision on the seller's part. They can't stick to a segment of the market for fear of missing out on sales. They want to sell to highend buyers at crazy prices and also to price sensitive buyers for low margins.

I think this is the likely reason
Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by SavageResponse(m): 3:02am On Sep 27, 2020
Ademola121:

But if you DM me, I will know if you are a spy or a true genuine prospect or customer to be

Make una no vex, we are only trying to protect you from poor inferior service or products

Is that why you posted the same thing 3 times? grin

1 Like

Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:44am On Sep 27, 2020
pocohantas:

Why do they do this? What are they hiding? It is annoying, stressful and scares clients away. Maybe I am wrong and it actually works for them. Any of them here should please explain to me the idea behind this. angry angry angry
They do so to conceal prices from competitors.
It isn't an ideal marketing tool but that's what works in Nigeria, especially South West.
I sell goods online. There are times we ll put price on products n it ll lead to another competitor to lessen theirs.
From my own survey, dm me for price hasn't reduced my customer ratio
Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:47am On Sep 27, 2020
excellence44:

And it's your type that ll be negotiating fixed prices.
You can't just satisfy Nigerians.
What you all don't know is that to sell market online in Nigeria isn't easy.
We ll put prices n see the turn out. If the ratio is higher than when we hide the price
Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by Nobody: 6:36am On Sep 27, 2020
OkikiOluwa1:
And it's your type that ll be negotiating fixed prices.
You can't just satisfy Nigerians.
What you all don't know is that to sell market online in Nigeria isn't easy.
We ll put prices n see the turn out. If the ratio is higher than when we hide the price
And it's your type that will be scamming people.
I do patronize jumia and aliexpress they won't tell you to come to inbox. there's a reason for that.

1 Like

Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:48am On Sep 27, 2020
excellence44:

And it's your type that will be scamming people.
I do patronize jumia and aliexpress they won't tell you to come to inbox. there's a reason for that.
I m honest. Search Magical Concepts on Instagram Facebook and Twitter.
Rant is cheap but we that offer quality goods n services v stuck to our strategy. I ll reveal prices worth revealing.
You n your likes can rant till 2023.
Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 27, 2020
OkikiOluwa1:
I m honest. Search Magical Concepts on Instagram Facebook and Twitter.
Rant is cheap but we that offer quality goods n services v stuck to our strategy. I ll reveal prices worth revealing.
You n your likes can rant till 2023.
if this is how you talk to people then I feel sorry for those who patronize you. Your rudeness is so appalling please take it elsewhere.
Re: DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:36pm On Sep 27, 2020
excellence44:

if this is how you talk to people then I feel sorry for those who patronize you. Your rudeness is so appalling please take it elsewhere.
I know you ll term it rudeness.
Not taking nonsense isn't pride or rudeness. It's about setting boundaries.
I ll offer good services. I expect good patronage.
It's not do or die.
You ll also get patronage in whatever biz you do.
When you meet rude clients, accommodate them well n give them promo, discount etc. It's your choice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Paddy Adenuga Agrees To Be Jailed Instead Of Marrying His Ex / If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business / The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.