Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,878 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today (14576 Views)

Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel Returns To Church With Eye Patch After Knife Attack / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by ucheuzor1(m): 10:41am On Sep 27, 2020
backtalkG:
Our church dey close to my house so I dey hear the pastor from house

Real nigga grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by psychalade: 10:43am On Sep 27, 2020
kennyz247:
mine is serious ooo
I've been praying and fasting for over four years now,still no job,a graduate for dat matter,,,...
like my prayers is not been answered in d church I worship ,so I decide to kukuma stay for house and think for my self...

You are praying to a greeco/roman European deity serapis christus aka Jesus christ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH1hUeRDYtE
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 27, 2020
iramure:
All stories about christianity is just for mind control to take away our common sense as black people so as to have absolute control over us in order to never be like and compete intelligently with them. That is why Africa is grossly underdeveloped and disregarded by the colonial masters.
They have taken away our sense of reasoning and replaced it with fictitious/ridiculous slavery book stories. We now take all our problems to god rather than apply common sense to solve them. For this reason, church is cancelled in my life
It's not about black and white my friend, over religious countries are usually dirt poor. Check out South America, Latin America, the Middle East, some European countries you'd see the pattern.

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by 2dillu2(m): 10:45am On Sep 27, 2020
Because I am not a Christian
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by oxiide22(m): 10:45am On Sep 27, 2020
danyero:
I examined my belief and realized it does not hold up to reality. I was a Christian because I was born into it, I could easily have been born Muslim or Hindu or to one of the many other religions.
what do u about Islam?
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by oxiide22(m): 10:45am On Sep 27, 2020
danyero:
I examined my belief and realized it does not hold up to reality. I was a Christian because I was born into it, I could easily have been born Muslim or Hindu or to one of the many other religions.
what do u know about Islam?
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by chaloskyx: 10:47am On Sep 27, 2020
because God can be worshipped right in the comfort of your home smiley this was proven by our covid lockdown and our pastors did not tell us it was a sin

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Olibboy: 10:49am On Sep 27, 2020
ucheuzor1:

Righteousness89 is currently in our church preaching. Please don't distract him. Once he's done, he'll attend to you.
Okay bruh
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Timfreds(m): 10:49am On Sep 27, 2020
backtalkG:
Our church dey close to my house so I dey hear the pastor from house
LOL...
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Dreamliner787(m): 10:52am On Sep 27, 2020
SoftP:

In olukoya’s voice-
Set of persons who need deliverance from demonic manipulation

Okay Goat
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Ckmilly22(m): 10:54am On Sep 27, 2020
op same I don't have offering and transport money

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Whitecoal711: 10:56am On Sep 27, 2020
NaijaBoy213:
Why are you not in church today?
Give us a tangible reason.

Mine: seriously, I Don't Have Offering.
tangible reason indeed
like seriously you didn't go cause no offering
I will advice you change church before it late Christ fed his congregation,meanwhile God don't need your money rather your salvation
which most churches fail to preach this days, rather success and wealth

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Bahamas95(m): 10:58am On Sep 27, 2020
Going to church is not my thing from day one. I had lots of problem with mumsy back then while I was still under her roof because she always forced me to go to church.

I am now staying alone and I can't even remember the last time I went to church. I believe in one on one relationship with my creator.....These pastors and over sabi hypocritical fvcking church members annoy me. "I have a short fuse" Make I nor go vex oneday burst person head for church. It's better I stay at home.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by rottable(m): 10:58am On Sep 27, 2020
I no get money.... I just tire for life self
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by lomprico(m): 10:58am On Sep 27, 2020
NaijaBoy213:

see the level at which you have been brainwashed by your theiving pastors! undecided

its better you stop being a Christian and go look for a stone to worship. rubbish. angry

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Timfreds(m): 11:00am On Sep 27, 2020
May the Lord send down Revival on us. I read of nations with 90% Christian population but 30% church attendance, I ask Why? Am getting the answer from NL. General apathy. Lord send down Revival!
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Whitecoal711: 11:01am On Sep 27, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
I haven't yet found the kind of church in the book of Acts yet.

I'm still searching... Maybe one day because that my kind of church, my kind of mindset, my kind of commitment, my kind of focus, my kind of Word which is the Words Of Jesus!

I hope to find one soon, if I don't find one, it means I might have to start one.
God bless you
i think daddy freeze is doing of good job
or what do you think?

But in the meantime, I'd keep preaching the Words of Jesus and i'm doing great because God's with me so I don't need to be in church building to feel His presence.

God bless.
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Athemisia: 11:03am On Sep 27, 2020
RapistOnBail:
sad

I can’t keep serving an imaginary idol who brings chaos to both living and non living things.

My eyes don open.

u no be Christian before na poverty dey worry you...
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by calculator123(m): 11:04am On Sep 27, 2020
kennyz247:
mine is serious ooo
I've been praying and fasting for over four years now,still no job,a graduate for dat matter,,,...
like my prayers is not been answered in d church I worship ,so I decide to kukuma stay for house and think for my self...

I am not trying to be savage, but you need to work on your English writing skills.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by naenaesosa: 11:05am On Sep 27, 2020
jesusjnr2020:

I'm still searching... Maybe one day because that my kind of church, my kind of mindset, my kind of commitment, my kind of focus, my kind of Word which is the Words Of Jesus!

I hope to find one soon, if I don't find one, it means I might have to start one.

But in the meantime, I'd keep preaching the Words of Jesus and i'm doing great because God's with me so I don't need to be in church building to feel His presence.

God bless.

Same here. Let me know if you find it or start one. This church must be reformed, uphold the 5 sola's (most especially Sola scriptura). I don't want to hear "GOD told me this and that" if it cant be backed up by the bible. I don't want to hear there's a woman pastor. I don't want to hear sowing of seeds to tap into the anointing. I dont want hear old testament preaching that doesn't hold up to new testament precept. I don't want to see the pastor reading 48 laws of power and applying it. I don't want to hear i need deliverance every month. I don't want to see the most wicked and corrupt people coming to church steady and being best friends with the pastor. I don't want to hear "my papa said this and that". I don't want to hear human philosophy as the teachings of GOD. I don't want to hear manipulation of any kind to cause me to see the pastor as anything higher than a mere mortal

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by butterfly55(f): 11:06am On Sep 27, 2020
Been listening to Michael Jackson all morning, feeling the vibes. I'm in my happy mood, don't need no preaching to spoil it for me. I'm done being brainwashed by the so called religious practitioners.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by ike95: 11:06am On Sep 27, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
I HAVE OTHER BETTER WAYS TO WASTE MY TIME.
wise up man, God remains the solution

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Almunjid(m): 11:15am On Sep 27, 2020
tobechi74:
I go to church in my heart

ere are people who prefer to buy ready made cloth and there are those who prefer to buy the material and see it according to their size. First they measure themselves using a meter rule then they cut off some pieces of material from the one bought in the market.

As we grow older, our body size increases. We need bigger tops. We do not keep forcing the smaller clothes on ourself. We will either feel uncomfortable or the cloth will get torn. We simply discard it or give it to our younger one and go get another cloth that fits us.

Unfortunately ,we do not adapt the same concept to our belief. As a kid, we are told what to believe,vwe do not choose them because we are too young to make decision. As we grow older, we begin to outgrow our religion. Certain belief no longer appeal to us . We have more questions than answer. We are told to rely on faith. This is the way the religion want to tie is down to it . Like a teacher who loves his student so much he does not want her to get promoted. He threatened his student with punnishnent to prevent his moving to next level. Such love cannot be in the best interest of the child. Religion threaten it’d adherent with hell to keep them glued together.

This is a sign that we need to try another cloth.we do not owe our religion any form of loyalty. We need to let go in search of better belief. Stagnant water attracts mosquitoes. One who stays so long in one belief would have a retarded manner of thinking.

We can go to the library or internet and read alternative religion practice.we can choose one that suits us and explore.Trying a new religion is a faster way for behavioral Change.

Every new religion sprung up from a founder who was not comfortable with existing religion of his time. Bobby Henderson invented pasterfaranism. Buddhism broke out as a social protest against Hinduism caste system. Jesus deviated from Judaism. Each religion was created out of dissatisfaction wilh existing status quo.

Each of the founder created a religion that fit their personalities. As long as you know yourself, you can create your religion that suit whom you are. The involve eradicating the part of the beliefs that do not appeal to your values., authentic self.Jesus valued forgiveness ahead of revenge. Love became his central theme. Buddha focused on how to stop world suffering . Detachment was his answer .

Each one of us can focus on any part of the world and try to make it better .we must not go about preaching our new religion to others . Living it in our daily activities is Paramount. As long as we keep wearing the garment of another founder, we will not be truely comfortable.we remain inauthentic. What fits A cannot fit B. This leads to hypocrisy

https://tobechispeaks./2020/09/17/customising-your-own-religion/
Nonsense!
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by idesylvester(m): 11:21am On Sep 27, 2020
Visit father oluoma in Abuja... maybe his will help
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by FullBlastLight: 11:21am On Sep 27, 2020
danyero:
No longer a Christian.

For some are already turned aside unto Satan.
1Timothy 5:15

Bro, u'd better bethink it & retrace ur step back 2 d fold & hang on there till the end.

Reflect also on this endtime prophecies in 2Timothy 3:1-7

U hv come a long way: it's too late 4 u 2 back out on ur faith at d middle of nowhere!

I'm praying for u!

#Selah!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by osejie17(m): 11:22am On Sep 27, 2020
I'm not happy no money. just tired
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Lablover01: 11:22am On Sep 27, 2020
Because
-Religion does no longer pass the test of common sense to me.
- People that were born into different religions other than my own will go to Christian's hell fire according to Bible.
- I don't longer like Christian's God since is going to send atheists with good heart and other friends of mine from other religions to hell just because they have different perspective not because they are bad people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Penco2020(m): 11:23am On Sep 27, 2020
NaijaBoy213:

Very deeply broke.
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by miidae(f): 11:24am On Sep 27, 2020
I had a very stressful week, I woke up late for the first service got dressed planned for next 2nd service, then doze off while working on the system, I woke up not quite long... GOD forgive me.. NEW ROLE NEW CHALLENGE... happy Sunday famz
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 27, 2020
I don't even know I just know that I didn't go
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by OtemAtum: 11:24am On Sep 27, 2020
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.
You'll end up either starting a church or leaving Christianity eventually. The first one will fetch you money in a deceitful way, but the second one will give me joy. Choose wisely though cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 27, 2020
NaijaBoy213:

The Body is the Temple of Christ - Make your temple clean and holy enough for the Holy Spirit to reside in you and shew you all things.

I noticed City of David Lekki are very keen on preventing covid19 infections inside the gathering of the brethren so anyone who did not go to church is likely avoiding covid19 - my 2 cowries

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself / The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal / Daddy Freeze: Religion Has Killed More People In The Last 500 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.