Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,760 members, 7,820,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Worst Bank In Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Worst Bank In Nigeria (22620 Views)

GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With / Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by izahbnu(m): 3:23pm On Mar 02, 2011
angryu.b.a.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by campella(m): 3:27pm On Mar 02, 2011
SKYE, 50%
UBA, 20%
AFRIK,  I see no reason why one should waste his resources in that sort of bank
BANK PHB. another silly thing
OCEANIC, like the workers, the bank need relegation

to crown it all no bank is efficient in this country.
what is good in a bank where you spend more than 2 hours to pay in your hard end money and more than 4 hrs to get what you gave them for save keeping?

to me all the banks should be reviewed.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by r231(m): 3:31pm On Mar 02, 2011
fxtopedia:

GTBank---- Bad (Reason: Too much crowd, bad customer relations as well nasty increase in opening account with them)
Union----- Worse (Reason: Old fashion hall and old woman attending to you, and seeing you as her son not customer, lol)
Wema---- Worst (Reason: Depositors money not safe)
AfricaBank---Worst x2(Reason:The one sited by the poster)
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by mecylee(f): 3:43pm On Mar 02, 2011
i bed the thing we intercontinental and bank phb de do me i no fit explain pls can any body recommend any bank that very efficient and reliable for me
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by cinzo: 3:51pm On Mar 02, 2011
Unity Bank
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by seunlayi(m): 3:57pm On Mar 02, 2011
fxtopedia:

GTBank----    Bad       (Reason: Too much crowd, bad customer relations as well nasty increase in opening account with them)
Union-----   Worse     (Reason:  Old fashion hall and old woman attending to you, and seeing you as her son not customer, lol)
Wema----   Worst      (Reason: Depositors money not safe)
AfricaBank---Worst x2(Reason:The one sited by the poster)
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
GTB NEED TO LEARN HOW TO ADJUST WHEN THEIR IS GROWTH
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by LesbianBoy(m): 3:59pm On Mar 02, 2011
izahbnu:

angryu.b.a.

TRIPLE GBAM!!!!!!!  angry angry angry angry angry  am surprised ppl are calling GTB   and other banks U.B.A surely takes the lead with gap as in the second worst should be distant  angry angry angry angry angry . There is always no money in their ATM machine  angry angry angry angry Though it saves me some times during weekends when i wan lie give my babe  grin grin grin grin  wink wink wink wink wink Another one be say no enuff bankers there to attend to customers u can see like only 2 attending to 100 ppl  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked the bank they vex me  angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin them no they always make mistake if i go inside the bank to withdraw N50000 they will give me exactly N50000 unlike other banks i use atleast they make mistake by over paying me sometimes very stingy bank  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by kufreabasi(m): 4:02pm On Mar 02, 2011
Union bank with old people with big eye glasses-lenses and be looking at computer consistently
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by SweetT1: 4:08pm On Mar 02, 2011
kufreabasi:

Union bank with old people with big eye glasses-lenses and be looking at computer consistently

LMAO!! i find this very funny, i can imagine them wringing their nose starring at the Computer while using one hand to adjust their big eye glasses.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Tolulop001(f): 4:09pm On Mar 02, 2011
kufreabasi:

LOLOL! cheesy
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 02, 2011
A lot of things have changed in Afribank compared to what we used to know about the bank. There's a whole lot of improvement. what the bank needs is a crop of young and vibrant staff and the whole story will change.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by d7thcaller: 4:26pm On Mar 02, 2011
Tokotaya:

I hate the crowd at GTB. It's always a market at the branches I use. Then their prepaid Mastercard is crappy. The last time I was in Europe, sales clerks everywhere handed it back to me after swiping it several times without success and I had to pay cash. And to make matters worse, I returned home and made attempt to withdraw my hard currency deposit, they refused. I'm told the policy is, once you deposit, you must spend! But the freaking card doesnt work, duh! Nobody has listened to me yet. I will find time and go to their lousy head office and yell like hell.

I'm surprised that GTB still subject her customers to this kind of stress. Way back in 2007 when I obtained my Mastercard from them it was hell retrieving my funds ones deposited into the card, I remember spending over N5,000  on phone calls just to lay my complains to their Mastercard Unit at Lagos. My funds was trapped for over 6 months before I could withdraw it.
Tokotaya I suspect you tried using your card when there was no network and ones you do that it will take about 1-3 weeks for the system to revert (judging from what I use to encounter before), however send a mail to "cardservices@gtbplc.com" and try using Ecobank Master Card ATM that was my saviour then.
Hope this helps.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by sirp2007: 4:29pm On Mar 02, 2011
Afribank is d worst, closely follow by wema,then finbank
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by eghost247(m): 4:33pm On Mar 02, 2011
d7thcaller:

I'm surprised that GTB still subject her customers to this kind of stress. Way back in 2007 when I obtained my Mastercard from them it was hell retrieving my funds ones deposited into the card, I remember spending over N5,000  on phone calls just to lay my complains to their Mastercard Unit at Lagos. My funds was trapped for over 6 months before I could withdraw it.
Tokotaya I suspect you tried using your card when there was no network and ones you do that it will take about 1-3 weeks for the system to revert (judging from what I use to encounter before), however send a mail to "cardservices@gtbplc.com" and try using Ecobank Master Card ATM that was my saviour then.
Hope this helps.
Union Bank Also Needs Young People
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by yahyus(m): 4:34pm On Mar 02, 2011
itz GTB. because; i have to spend not less than 3 hrs b4 depositing my money, every time i deposit, i dont have a transaction alert neither sms nor email.
I reactivated my NYSC StanbicIBTC  Acc despite the charges, but their service is wonderfull
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by passyjango(m): 4:53pm On Mar 02, 2011
If you bank with GTBank, try using internet banking and token (which goes for N3k), this enables you do most of your banking transactions online saving lots of time and energy. With Internet banking, you may never have to visit a bank branch except if you want to withdraw cash.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by joeyfire(m): 4:56pm On Mar 02, 2011
The worst bank has got to be Wema Bank. who told y'all that Afribank was lousy. I can say it confidently that their services have improved a great deal. People saying that havent used them since 2009 when things started turning around. As for the network problem someone mentioned, they just installed a new platform and when you do that it takes a little while for it to be perfect.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by bknight: 5:01pm On Mar 02, 2011
i'm impressed @reactions dt firstbank isnt so bad. nice,  cos dt bank may be old generation, they not only compete favourably and lead on some ends, i feel at ease wt them. as for dem bad ones? i think UBA carries the placard. wonder why nobody thinks unity bank? though no personal beef
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Parnassuss(m): 5:02pm On Mar 02, 2011
Obviously none here has used the almighty and omnipotent FIRSTBANK, that place id the Devil's playground. I have used the bank for seven years now and I have NEVER seen more than four paying attendants at any branch. The queues there are just so wrong they should be banned in the constitution. Their network also manages to mess up only on days when you need the cash badly.
Has anyone here used their ATM cards, apology, I put hand in mouth thinking about does sad days.

These days I rock the Diamond! As per Kanye,  grin grin grin [b][/b]
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by onezirozan: 5:06pm On Mar 02, 2011
Symptoms of a bad bank

1. To enjoy smooth service, you need to personally know a staff of the bank
2. If you are transacting services outside the branch where ur account is domiciled, you experience hiccups
3. The TV is no longer showing a cable channel
4. The water dispenser is for staff only
5. The toilet reminds you of a waste dump
6. Customers on the queue frequently hiss
7. The amount of dust on the branch's ATM machine
8. Only one of several AC units function
9. You have to think of ways to jump the queue to pay in money
10. Customers are always asking to see the manager in an angry tone
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by mrperfect2(m): 5:12pm On Mar 02, 2011
Almost all Banks have been mentioned, then which one is good?
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by fxtopedia(m): 5:13pm On Mar 02, 2011
passyjango:

If you bank with GTBank, try using internet banking and token (which goes for N3k), this enables you do most of your banking transactions online saving lots of time and energy. With Internet banking, you may never have to visit a bank branch except if you want to withdraw cash.

You are right, BUT that is foolishness on their part. How on earth would I pay 3k for doing their work for them?
Come to think of it, the token can be given out FREE. That is part of excess bank chargee we are talking about shocked shocked
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by olumyde5(m): 5:19pm On Mar 02, 2011
omodapson:

When did it become a crime for a pregnant woman to work?
Do you know explosives come in small packages?

UNION BANK

Small
Weak
Unreliable
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by hardbody: 5:28pm On Mar 02, 2011
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria
« #47 on: Today at 04:53:51 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I concur and this has made my life beautifully wonderful and easy.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Raymonbell(m): 5:31pm On Mar 02, 2011
Ur missing out try out oceanic bank and learn poor management and 0%service
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Xfactoria: 5:31pm On Mar 02, 2011
Well, a better guide to knowing the good or bad banks is the KPMG banking survey report 2010.. Please visit KPMG's website for a glance.

http://www.kpmg.com/NG/en/IssuesAndInsights/ArticlesPublications/Pages/BankingIndustrySurvey2010.aspx

Any bank not rated in that report is definitely not worth its salt.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by darne(m): 5:33pm On Mar 02, 2011
GTB are the worst,, If you`re depositing 1o naira, i swear you`ll wait for more than 30 minutes,, And they are charging 1% on withdrawals from all savings account, if i`m sending 6k to my hommie in school, its must for me to add 300 naira for him so that he`ll get his 6k or else they`ll deduct the money from his account and that is so so bad !! angry angry angry
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by AolyElaw: 5:45pm On Mar 02, 2011
It has to be BankPHB , Very crappy sets of worker
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Xfactoria: 5:51pm On Mar 02, 2011
darne:

GTB are the worst,, If you`re depositing 1o naira, i swear you`ll wait for more than 30 minutes,, And they are charging 1% on withdrawals from all savings account, if i`m sending 6k to my hommie in school, its must for me to add 300 naira for him so that he`ll get his 6k or else they`ll deduct the money from his account and that is so so bad !! angry angry angry

A good bank is not necessarily one without challenges or goof. You guys have to look beyond your personal experiences to be able to make a fair judgement.

Why don't you just study the report of the experts put together based on scientific and tested approaches:

http://www.kpmg.com/NG/en/IssuesAndInsights/ArticlesPublications/Pages/BankingIndustrySurvey2010.aspx
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by dowjones(m): 5:55pm On Mar 02, 2011
X-factoria:

Well, a better guide to knowing the good or bad banks is the KPMG banking survey report 2010.. Please visit KPMG's website for a glance.

Any bank not rated in that report is definitely not worth its salt.

KPMG my a** ! you really think they carry out surveys. angry
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by totorimi: 6:03pm On Mar 02, 2011
FINBANK: You need to check out the new team at FINBANK, if you go there now you wont believe your eyes, everything is new and they have your time. I was amazed when I went there last month and from the security man all the way to the management I was surprised with the beauty and splendour of the banking hall. Everybody was just asking me to come in, even on the staircase they waited for me to climb as if they have been trained. I think the bank is now repositioned for success.

UBA: A very deadly bank, full of dare devil killers. The worst bank i have ever seen in my life since 2006, i hate that bank with a passion and now it is affecting everything that has red or has UBA associated to it. They are just rogues, to confirm my submission I abandoned 3000 in my account, and one afternoon i was stranded at Ikeja I decided to use the useless ATM card they gave me and I got insufficient fund available. Haba, I went inside the bank to complain, lo and behold they said my available balance was 100. I almost fainted but because I know them well as rogues I left never in my life or in my children's life have anything to do with such demonic and money mongering bank, haba as if customers have no more choice.

GTBank still the best of the pack

Oceanic, no comment

Diamond, too much igbotic tendencies is killing the place, u can feel the iboness in the bank even from a distance

BankPHB the hype is over and  fast degenerating into oblivion

Fidelity ok

Sterling that has lost focus

IBTC Stanbic good to go

Zenith still holding on

Union Bank abeg forget that place

FirstBank tolerable

Wema trying to be there

FCMB even there building look like coven i am not surprised

CitiBank in a world of their own

StanChart in a world of their own

AfriBank they have gone berserk

Unity Bank no wahala as long and LSL is there

EcoBank no idea

Access no comment

Intercontinental falling giant
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by nethacker(m): 6:05pm On Mar 02, 2011
fxtopedia:

You are right, BUT that is foolishness on their part. How on earth would I pay 3k for doing their work for them?
Come to think of it, the token can be given out FREE. That is part of excess bank chargee we are talking about shocked shocked
u'll b part of the pple dat will criticise GTB if security measures are not in place to tackle d ever-increasing spam mails flying all over d internet with domain names like @gtbank.com,@zenith.com . Strict measures had been put in place to protect customers' interest yet u still criticise and complain. wake up from ur slumber and face d truth which is : No bank is 100% perfect.Even we human beings-some of which r owners of banks- r not perfect.so how do expect the bank to b perfect n satisfy evry1.
u hv forgotten so soon d state of basic infrastructure in Nigeria.Banks r operating with generators in most branches due to d power instability yet u xpect them to go bankrupt to satisfy u.  shocked shocked
u cant judge a bank's efficiency or how good a bank is thru her customer care only in one branch  shocked shocked  there are other areas that pple find satisfactory.

darne:

so waiting for 30mins to deposit money is a factor in determining how efficient a bank is?  shocked shocked na wa 4 dis kinda mentality oo  shocked shocked wen u got to the banking hall, were pple not there waiting to do d same?r there not times dat u'll walk into d branch and do ur transactions under 5mins(u nvr mentioned dat). charging 1% on withdrawals from savings account is aimed at encouraging the use of ATM machines. same thing is practiced in US here and several other places.
if u send money to ur hommie,y cant he withdraw via d ATM? all these things r put in place to reduce crowd in banking halls as well as save u time in waiting for jst a transaction that will take only 3mins to complete @ d ATM. if u r living in an area close to a market, dnt expect anything less than a frequent crowd in any bank around dat area for obvious reasons.
Let's be fair in our judgment ,all d banks (new generation and some old generation like FBN) r trying.having a bad xperience jst once in a blue moon is not enof to judge.don't u bite urself sometimes wen u eat?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Femi Otedola Appointed Vice President of Save The Children (Photo) / Do You Want To Win Football Pool This Week 27? / How To Make Money From Online Surveys Here In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.